The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-30-2011, 02:23 PM   #361
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Heh, it's only past eleven... You'll have to stand me for an hour or so.
Ugh....

satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:51 PM   #362
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Analyzing votes....

DAY ONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
I'm off to bed pretty much now, meaning that I get to cast the first vote of the Day! I'm not sure about this, but it being the best shot I have,

++ Bom

I think I've explained enough in my previous posts, but in short - planning to vote Sally because of her "death wish" strikes me as an idea that benefits the baddies more than us.

I do have to shake my head at this, because, to me, Bom's "suspicion" of me was a joke, and a fairly obvious one. But it was the first Day, and as I've stated somewhere else, baddies can hide behind jokes, so in the absence of having a better candidate, I could see how Greenie would do this. I still don't entirely agree with it, but I'll give it a pass (especially because she didn't vote me ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
Thanks dear

++Sally
My hat I say!

I have to go now. Best of luck to the village for the rest of today.
We know she was an innocent, so I'll not bother to comment on this much, except to say that I'm going to eat a sock when I get home tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
++Galadriel55

So you'll remember me forever as the first person ever to vote for you in Werewolf. Har!

Seriously: too much defending of Sally, too much attacking Bom and a weird interpretation of Kitanna. I think there's something lupine with this one!
He'd voiced his suspicions, and backed them up with a fairly solid vote. I don't see a huge problem here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
++Lottie

See above for reasons.

Shasta, out.
First Lottie vote, and probably the one that got him killed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
OK it has been a long hot day and my head hurts, I feel I must stay with my strongest pick. I found the initial announcement odd and the complete volteface on playing style too bizarre.

++Satansaloser
I'm flipping known for this stuff. (That and my name is Sally, but meh.) As I've said to Nog before, playing style or abundance of posts does not dictate wolvery, so for that to be her strong point against me? It's definitely shaky. (I'll let this pass, however, because the post in question -of mine- was rather intended to stir up discussion, so I shan't fault people for, well, discussing it. It was also the first Day, so I get that she didn't have much to go on, especially if she wasn't feeling well.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Okay, voting now, to minimalise the mess and make votes more relevant in their reading.

++Lottie
He initially suspected Lottie because her first list was, well, rubbish. It seems a sudden case, because his list before that had Lottie as just a person he'd like to see more from, but at the same time I don't see Legate bussing a packmate when he easily could have made me his top suspect for the Day instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
++LOTTIE

Sorry m'dear but you're more suspicious than Sally...

edit: xed with G55 and Legate
Erm, since when? No, I know, Lommie doesn't find me that guilty, and that's lovely, but the statement looks fishy to me. It was between me, whom she didn't even suspect, and only one other person? What about everyone else in the village? Just an observation, and possibly even a paranoid one. >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
++Lommy
I still maintain that this was sort of random. If I may quote the following....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55
I could vote for Greenie, Eomer, Lommy, and possibly Nilp, but there has been limited participation from all of them.

Lommy's posts are somewhat fishy - she has no opinions well into the Day, and decides to vote for Lottie as soon as Shasta casts suspicion on her, but then decides against it. She will probably be my candidate.
Up until this, she had ONLY commented on Kit and Bom. They were her suspects, they were the baddies. Then Lommie is suddenly evil for not having much of an opinion. It just looks strange to me. Also, notice that her "I could vote for" list included neither of the people she was up against until just previously in the thread.

Quote:
I see this has been decided while I was writing my last post. Let's check it.

++ Loslote
This looks so bad. "I see this has been decided," he says. So because it's been decided, he wants to just go along with it? It bothers me a lot. Like, a lot a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
++Nilpaurion Felagund
There's my boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
++Galadriel
Erm....that's my vote. Hi there. *waves*

DAY TWO

Quote:
Will probably be around later but there's a chance I'll have no internet access whatsoever, so I'll vote now.

++Galadriel55

Was suspicious of her yesterday, and she looks more suspicious with every post. Not certain she's guilty or anything but she is my top suspect.

Interested in seeing Kitanna's comeback on Lommy, which I'm pretty sure will have to be toned down as it seems to rest on a misinterpretation.

Sally still suspicious. Wondering about Nerwen, Mithalwen and Nilp.

Hopefully (probably) back later.
At least he's consistent? :/

Quote:
Bed-time.

++ Eomer
She laid off Bom in a previous post, and now seems to be voting Eomer because (a few posts back) she describes him as confusing. I'm not liking this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Nogrod, you of all people should know how I feel about last minute voting. I don't call half an hour before deadline early. Better to steer where you believe someone guilty than follow ....

Anyway the indisposition of last night means I am tired now ... same vote, same reasons - generally all over the place.

++Satansaloser
Same vote for no reasons. She didn't even try to come up with another candidate. I know she's not the seer, because she'd be all over someone else if she was, so my best guess is that she's a wolf who realizes that I'm (as always) easy enough to get rid of, and she's going to take that opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bom Tombadillo View Post
Argh. No new developments that I've really noticed - I didn't have a chance to start my read-through at the time I planned and so had to do a rather rushed and still not-quite-complete one - just considering of Day One suspicions. Honestly, if I'm going to be this bad about time I should just drop out or something. Anyway, throwaway vote:

++Kitanna

x'ed with Mithalwen.
I flipping HATE this vote. Calling it a throwaway vote is my biggest problem here; if he just said he didn't have time, I'd be okay with it, but calling it a throwaway? :/

Quote:
You might want to consider doing all that during the Night. Saves time.

Anyways, I think I've talked about Kit enough toDay to not have to repeat everything now. If you want clarification (*looks at Legate*) tell me so and I'll summarise my reasoning.

++Kitanna

Edit: xed with.... everything!
So now she flips back to Kitanna (the flipping here being from her vote yesterDay going in a completely different direction). Obviously we know how this worked out, but I do have to give her some credit for going back to and sticking with a suspicion, even if it was wrong. I still don't like her vote from yesterDay, however.

Quote:
Okay, I just can't wait for the 45 minutes even if I wished to. Too early a call tomorrow.

I'm getting uneasy with this, even if there are reasons staring right at my eyes there. This Kit-wagon looks like too opportunistic even if popular wagons hjave caught baddies too. But now something feels really odd in here.

++ Mith
What the heck?!?! So you suspect Kit, you think the case against her is good, but you're still not going to vote for her?

Quote:
++Eomer

Although to be honest, I feel now really unsure about it right when I cast it. But whatever. Decisions need to be made.
It's important to note here that he ties Eomer and Kit, which makes me strongly believe that if either of them is a wolf, the other is not. I'm leaning toward (if either of them) Legate being the wolf in the scenario here.

Quote:
++Kitanna

Rather her than Eomer. (If she's innocent and he is not I'm going to hit somebody for making this statement, possibly myself.)

edit: xed with Kit - and sorry to hear about stressful RL, it's not fun.
I'm not comfortable with this vote either. See Legate, only in reverse. But would Lommie be that obvious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
Gah. That took too long.

++Kitanna

Previous blinkly-light thing still stands.
I still think he's innocent, so I don't know. Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
Be ready to hit yourself, Lommykins.

++Sally

I'll vote my real suspect

Edit: But I die innocent I say! INNOCENT! But really, good luck to the rest of the village.
*pets her*

We'll meet up and have a feast of hats. What do you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Running out of time

++Kitanna.

EDIT:X'd since last post.
Again with the "she's innocent, so meh" spiel.

Quote:
++Kit

Bloody lack of time. More of the splainy toMorrow if I'm still around. >.<
Hello, my vote again. Moving on now....

DAY THREE

Quote:
Just my luck. I'm the only one here for over an hour, then people appear just as I'm going to bed. Anyway, I'm not at all sure about this, but since I want to base my vote on an actual logical reason instead of a vague fishy feeling I haven't havd the time to check properly, my vote will go to

++ Nogrod
I'm agreeing with some of her logic here, so I'm going to call this vote legit, but of course it's also a safe time to vote, a time when anything can happen, so it could be a show case (see what I did there?) rather than actual suspicion. I'm just trying to balance the side of me that wants to trust Greenie with the tiny part of me that's screaming that she's a wolf. Tiny, tiny part, but still. Need balance!

And I didn't even cross-post this entire time. I call shenanigans.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:02 PM   #363
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Greenie explaining her out of the blue vote for Eomer yesterDay:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
I needed to go to sleep and had no idea who I'd vote, so I chose to go without explanation for someone I was vaguely uneasy about - fishing for reactions while if he was in fact lynched we would not be lynching anyone I believed innocent.
Now this I think looks fishy, if you can say claiming to be fishing looks fishy without making a sort of tautology.

If Nilp was a wolf, then threatening to pull out would be a bit too dramatic and thus I don't suspect him that much at the moment. We like to play with you Nilp, so just bring yourself back! But we might also suspect you from time to time if there was a reason - and I think the basic reason some (including me) suspected you was your very confident backing of all us Lottie-lynchers - like you tried to buddy-up with us in a way more fitting to wolves than innocents who don't exactly "know" things. I do agree on principle that I'd find it more improbable than not that a wolf would have joined the hanging of Lottiewolf on D1 in this situation, but I wouldn't give a free-pass to Lommy and Legate because of that (and I don't presuppose you would give it to me either).

Why I find Lommy & Legate more or less innocent is that I think they speak sense and make good points - and them lynching a wolf is kind of adding up to that general feeling. It's not evidence, but one piece - even if a large one - in a pile.

I'm really torn with Mith now. Her wolf-POV posts (not one but a few) look a bit too deep inside views or too closely thought to be innocent-made (or then I'm just seeing ghosts here); after Lommy made X number of suspicions on her she only answered the one where Lommy was maybe getting a bit over-eager to find evidence to support Mith's guilt. That's something. But still I'm most bothered about Mith's vote on D1.

There were three wolves on D1 and I just don't think they all let it go or actively sponsored her lynch. It just doesn't make sense as fex. Sally (Mith's vote btw.) was gathering quite a lot suspicion as well.The wolves can play sacrifying one of them but it's not what they normally do or which is clever for them on D1 on average. And the only one whom we could interpret as "trying to help" Lottie was Mith.

So either Mith is a wolf or then no one cared about Lottie dying.

Bom then... I'm leaning him to be too detached not being a wolf (and if he is and wins with this performance we can just nullify it as the win was not earned). I admit his vote yesterDay gave me the creeps and for a moment I was considering of voting him just because of that. But after some second thoughts I think it would be unwise to lynch him.

If he doesn't start appearing more often, I'd suggest to the mods of the next games not to allow him in though, unless he swears he will play too and not only hang around as totally unpredictable dead weight. (Sorry Bom, you may have busy days and whatever - and if there is a force majeure for you not playing then I do apologise, but if not, then I hope you understand that this is a game where we expect everyone to get involved).

Okay. A short pause now...

EDIT: X'd with Sally's last one. Hey, where is everybody?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:05 PM   #364
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
X'd with Sally's last one. Hey, where is everybody?
I flipping know, right?
Old 06-30-2011, 03:10 PM   #365
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Oh, I do find it pleasant when people enjoy Werewolf; and what's so difficult about it, I wonder?

You're all a bunch of freaks for letting G55 off the hook - as you are so clearly doing. Well, you haven't fooled me, missy. I'm onto you.

I'm in danger of dishonouring tradition and the ways of my ancestors by admitting this, but Sally is gradually slipping down my suspicion list. I know, I know! She's still up there, but Nilp has sort of barged her off second place.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:15 PM   #366
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Eomer: so you think Lottiewolf only went agaisnt G55-wolf, not even trying to suspect anyone else the whole Day as to leave her no other option but to vote her mate? And doing that knowingly from the very beginning?

I don't know which of the following is the most odd:
- Lottie doing that?
- You thinking Lottie would do that?
- Me thinking you though Lottie doing that?

Old 06-30-2011, 03:17 PM   #367
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
- Lottie doing that?
Yes.

It's possible, but I don't find it too terribly likely. At least I don't think so. Oh, heck, I don't know anymore. *runs away sobbing dramatically*
Old 06-30-2011, 03:18 PM   #368
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

I do think that.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:27 PM   #369
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Ok, let me try to clarify why I think Sally is suspicious.

The ordo-reveal which got Kit's back up? Aye, that was suspicious to me. All her other typically crazy posts I always find suspicious; but it's not fair! I'm being Legate to your Eomer ( ) because that's just the way you are.

What really gripped me though was G55's clinging onto you on Day One; and I totally understand that it would be frustrating for you, as an Ordo, to hear me and others keep banging on about it - but I'm sure you understand that it does look off.

Since then you've not really done anything suspicious or innocentish - you've just sort of been there, lurking like all the others. And I'm not certain what your hidden identity is.

I'm finding it very hard in this game to focus on more than 2 or 3 players!
Old 06-30-2011, 03:40 PM   #370
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

++GALADRIEL55

Obviously.

But I'd be pretty happy if you decided to lynch Sally or Nilp.

The others I can easily picture as innocent. I know some whispers have been made about Lommy but I reckon she's innocent; saw some mumurings about Greenie today too but I'm sure that's nonsense. And that's funny because normally I'd pay for the privilege of voting for either of them!

Legate and Nogrod also seem fair to me, by virtue of their posts.

Mith and Bom - don't know, leaning toward innocent.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:42 PM   #371
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I see both Greenie and Sally have questioned my voting. so as I need to go to sleep a bit earlier I might try to elucidate them so as not to leave mis-interpreted talking-points on the surface.

I realised more or less immediately after submitting my vote on D1 that the choice of words "I see this has been decided" wasn't exactly the best one. But it was in a way conveying my stance there anyway. I had been suspecting Sally for some time for her quick defending herself while I hadn't even suspected her yet (etc. check the thread for details) but as the DL draw closer I got more and more involved with Lottie finding her increasingly suspicious.

But both "cases" were quite weak - as they tend to be on D1 - and thus I could have voted either of them. Seeing Lommy & Legate both voting Lottie I then thought it was going to be Lottie who faced the gallows and thought that it was okay by me as I did suspect her (and their votes saved me from choosing between the two as I didn't have a major case against Sally to argue that it should be definitively her and not Lottie).

On my vote on D2 I can only say that it was a gut reaction of someone realising he should have to go to bed like now and not in half an hour. Yes I had found Kitanna suspicious the whole Day - and I was wholly prepared to vote for her. And even now, knowing she was innocent I stand behind my suspicions from there: she looked suspicious for both what she did herself and what Lottie's posts implied. We now know those were wrong, but we (I) didn't yesterDay.

But the sudden bandwagon over her just felt soo wrong. It felt like something very sinister with the "easy votes" coming in and I had to just quit in a minute or two. So I made an impulsive decision to try and give you another candidate to vote (I had explained why I thought Mith to be suspicious) to end what looked like a beginning of a really easy bandwagon if Kit was after all innocent (which I doubted but still feared was possible). And you all know the result of that vote...

Quote:
I do think that.
I'm still waiting for the "like"-button like Facebook has for these smaller appreciations...

Okay. Time to think of voting now.

EDIT: X'd with Eomer X a few
Old 06-30-2011, 03:42 PM   #372
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
What really gripped me though was G55's clinging onto you on Day One; and I totally understand that it would be frustrating for you, as an Ordo, to hear me and others keep banging on about it - but I'm sure you understand that it does look off.
Oh, no, I completely understand. You're wrong, mind you, but I can definitely see it. I don't mind that you're suspecting me, because you have a fairly logical case, even though I'm not actually guilty. Suspect away! Just vote for someone else.

EDIT: x'd since the post I quoted, and you did. Heh. Shiny.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:43 PM   #373
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
And that's even more flipflopping on your part, Lommy.
Nope, that's an honest change of opinion after getting more data. If I now decide Nilp is innocent after all, then you may call it flip-flopping (if you ask me, flip-flopping needs at least two changes of opinion and it's more like minor "then again maybe..." than actual change of opinion).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
even if I think Mith is correct in that one facet of it she criticises you about. But her only pointing out that one thing - where she probably is right and you Lommy are not
Fair enough if she says she only bantered with Nilp once, I didn't count, I was only speaking about the impression I got. However if she only said it once then Nilp might have said something like that more times for me to get the picture (or at least I think that's likely!) and thus Mith's defense of her own actions doesn't disprove my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
I should have known that my finding Nog innocent can't last long, and the above is pretty much what gave me second thoughts. He washes his hands of the Kit-wagon after suspecting her pretty much all Day, fuelling the bandwagon without being de facto a member of it. Really makes me raise my eyebrows.
I like this: it's refreshing to get new povs on things.

Not sure what to make out of Nilp's frustration, except that it's not fun. Maybe I will refrain from analysing people's frustrations and stick to other stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Let's now come back to square one, shall we? Nilp stays in the game, Mithalwen let's the bad feelings go and Lommy watches her tongue, right?
Sounds like a plan. Although I will maybe refrain from speaking even half metaphorically or trying to phrase things in some other than the very basic manner because everybody seems to misunderstand it in this game in one way or another (starting from Kit not getting my stock market stuff)... (clarification of smiley: mostly at self)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Erm, since when? No, I know, Lommie doesn't find me that guilty, and that's lovely, but the statement looks fishy to me. It was between me, whom she didn't even suspect, and only one other person? What about everyone else in the village? Just an observation, and possibly even a paranoid one. >.<
You were the two people others were thinking of voting back then, I think...

edit: xed with Eomer's vote, Nog and Sally
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:44 PM   #374
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
You were the two people others were thinking of voting back then, I think...
Really? I thought you'd been saying for quite a while that my whole "I'm an ordo!" thing was a nod toward my innocence (or however you said it).
Old 06-30-2011, 03:46 PM   #375
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'm here, I'm here! I'm reading.

Thank you for the vote list, Sally. It's much easier that way than trying to piece tht together in your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
- Lottie doing that?
Lols.

@Nog: welcome to my newly-founded "Red-orange" category! Your votes are just so... weird. You've explained your Lottie-vote, but that doesn't change the fact that you only voted after it was clear that she will be going. And your Mith came almost-out-of-nowhere. You've suspected her in two posts before your vote, but not before that (IIRC. Please correct me if I'm wrong). That was after Kit appeared on many peopple's top-suspect lists. Before that, even during the same Day, you didn't really notice her. As Greenie (? was it her?) said, it was like washing your hands from the Kit-wagon. It looks a lot to me like you're just looking for a convenient person to cast suspicion on.

ToDay I've been paying more attention to Nilp's posts, and I've started getting a bad inkling about them (I believe I said so before in reply to Lommy a while ago, and I'll say it again). Eomer will be placed somewhere more or less definite when he posts about someone other than me.

Edit: xed with a bunch
Old 06-30-2011, 03:58 PM   #376
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'm inclined to follow Greenie's vote. If there's nothing evil about Nog, I'll be ready to join Kit and Sally's "Hat-and-Sock Eating Club".

Edit: that was meant to be somewhat of an ETA to my last post
Old 06-30-2011, 04:06 PM   #377
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Innocent
Nogrod - well I don't really like it how he, Legate and I seem to have a sort of "buddy club" atm, but he honestly seems very innocent to me at this point. Like I said yesterDay, he makes sense enough to make an innocent impression while not making sense enough to give an innocent impression (I have noticed that guilty Nogrod often makes too much sense. Meaning of course that he makes more the kind of arguments that are similar to other villagers' arguments and thus often more like my own thinking.)
Sally - declaration of innocence argument + toDay I've actually finally seen some more proof for thinking she's innocent: she seems to make solidly sense the way Sallywolves do less than Sallyinnocents. She gives me an honest feel.

Innocentish
Eomer - I keep flip-flopping on him and he's difficult to read etc etc but right now he seems pretty ok.
Legate - seems sensible and open in an innocent way (haha I think you probably can't be open in a wolvish way though! ) mostly. I still haven't ruled out him being in process of pulling of the effortless legatish wolf-trick though.

No idea
Bom Tombadillo - to be blunt, I hope he either appears or stops voting and gets modfired, now he's too enigmatic.
G55 - to be honest, she's pretty much under my radar. I have to agree with Eomer that it's possible Lottie was her fellow, but I'm not sure how likely it is. For some reason, my brain seems to be on some off mode whenever reading her posts.
Greenie - under my radar. I like her points, but her votes have been a tad too easy to my taste (might of course just be that she always has to vote early but still). I would need to see something a bit more drastic from her one way or the other to judge her better, but unfortunately she's not a very drastic player.

Suspicious
Nilp - like I said, refraining from analysing frustration. All I have to say to that is: I hope you keep playing, whatever your role, because I enjoy playing with you and it happens more seldom than I'd prefer. I'm sorry if I said something offensive, that was not my intention. However, my suspicion based on the points I mentioned remains (although I have to admit Nilp's initial answer to my Lottie-Mith-Nilp theory made me a tiny bit less uspicious of him) - I think refraining suspicion would be a poor way to apologise even though I am sorry if I'm (part of) the reason why you consider leaving the game.
Mithalwen - see above for apologies and suspicion. My clear top suspect at the moment for possibly trying to save Lottie and having too much wolvish insights plus maybe for sounding like a cornered wolf.

edit: xed with all three posts
Old 06-30-2011, 04:10 PM   #378
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Really? I thought you'd been saying for quite a while that my whole "I'm an ordo!" thing was a nod toward my innocence (or however you said it).
Yes yes yes! Fourth misunderstanding? Can I eat my socks and hats out of mere frustration?! Dear Sallykinscakekidneyobsesser, I did not mean *I* considered voting you, I meant the lynch seemed to be a choice between you and Lottie and I obviously preferred Lottie to die because I thought her suspicious and you innocent. Get it now?
Old 06-30-2011, 04:16 PM   #379
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Yes yes yes! Fourth misunderstanding? Can I eat my socks and hats out of mere frustration?! Dear Sallykinscakekidneyobsesser, I did not mean *I* considered voting you, I meant the lynch seemed to be a choice between you and Lottie and I obviously preferred Lottie to die because I thought her suspicious and you innocent. Get it now?
Oh goodness yes. I'm sorry, dear.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:20 PM   #380
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
@Nog: welcome to my newly-founded "Red-orange" category! Your votes are just so... weird.
I hope you have now read my post concerning them and readjusted your categories...

Okay then.

Now I feel like I'd have to readjust my suspicons as well. Nilp and Mith bother me to no end as their very personal reactions look pretty weird or at least oversensitive. Something in me says to drop it off with them and if they'd be wolves, then ignore their victory. The other voice tells me that don't I see that's just bluff...

If I'd have to vote for one of them it would be Mith as there is something to really suspect her on (her vote on D1 as the only saving vote for Lottie) unlike with Nilp where most of my suspcion rests on him being over-eager to support some people which as an act looks pretty lupine as the wolves need friends - and can't afford upsetting people by suspecting them (look at the number of retaliatory thoughts in this game fex.).

I can't see a good enough reason to vote for Lommy or Legate by now and even if Eomer gives me creeps I have nothing tangible against him either.

Bom most probably is an uninterested and uninformed ordo (see my earlier post on him for more clarification).

So Greenie? She really scares me now and I'm fighting against the urge to pay back for her ill-adviced suspicion on me which I think she made a way too easily - and am afraid is something the baddies thought they could do toDay. But I have nothing to back that but the bad feeling I get from her - and which I know I get from her more or less every game I play with her...

G55 then? The reason I tend to think her innocent is the way Lottie behaved on D1. Otherwise I'm torn with her. Sometimes she seems to be very well on track of what happens and on others she seems to make either totally odd or then totally sinister posts (opportunistic, suspecting with odd reasons those I think innocentish etc.). If there was not the "case Lottie" behind there I'd probably vote for her, but now I'm more or less insecure about it.

Then again I was wrong with a case based strongly on Lottie's behaviour yesterDay and I'd hate to be fooled by Lottie two Days in a row...

And Sally then? Oh well... I wouldn't be surprised that much if she turned out a wolf but she's not topping my list either. She's about everywhere but still nowhere on my map right now. I suspected her on D1 but I'm not that suspicious anymore. But then there's the nagging thought she changed her ways after seeing where it led her and now plays more carefully...

Phew... vote, vote, vote...

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
If there's nothing evil about Nog, I'll be ready to join Kit and Sally's "Hat-and-Sock Eating Club".
pick your seasoning ready as it will not taste good without some...
Old 06-30-2011, 04:31 PM   #381
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Bom Tombadillo has just left Hobbiton.
Too . . . confused . . . to think . . .

Seriously, I can't seem to get this game straight in my head. On the bright side, I'm apparently "enigmatic!" Which is good. I hope.

Anyway, the only two that strike me as guilty are the same two who (unless I missed someone/thing) have the only votes from anybody else today: Galadriel55 and Nogrod. I keep thinking that Noggie's abandoning of the Kit-wagon was him recognizing that an innocent was already going to die, so he might as well stay far away from it to avoid looking guilty.

EDIT: Er, on the other hand, he voted for Lottie, which I (somehow) managed to miss. Soooooo . . . bah. Confused again.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:40 PM   #382
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Soooooo . . . bah. Confused again.
Welcome to the Game Bom!
Old 06-30-2011, 04:45 PM   #383
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
On the bright side, I'm apparently "enigmatic!" Which is good. I hope.
I don't exactly think so. Goes both ways, doesn't it?

Anyways, I hope you post a little more toDay. Please?

I'm forced to vote early again (in less than 20 minutes) and for now my vote-candidate is Nog.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:54 PM   #384
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Where is everybody???

Time to sleep as the alarm is on 5˝ hours.

++ Mithalwen

I just can't see how the other wolves would have left Lottie to die that alone, and as I doubt Lommy or Legate are wolves (this is no guaranteed innocent-pass, but at the moment I have no reason to suspect them for sacrifying their mate either + they generally make a lot of sense) it looks clear the only one trying to do something about the situation was Mith.

Interestingly enough that would mean the last wolf would be someone who vote earlier (Eomer or Greenie) or then Nilp... or Sally, or...

EDIT: x'd with G55
Old 06-30-2011, 04:56 PM   #385
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Back again on the fly...

Quote:
Well, this doesn't. I mean, if you think Mith and Bom are the remaining wolves, why vote for Eomer? Especially seeing as I believe Mith had as many votes at that point as Eomer did.
No, it's clear, the latter comment was more like the sudden hunch, if you know what I mean. As if I suddenly said 'now as I am writing this I get this creepy feeling that X and Y are actually...' but my main suspect still remains with the previous person, whom I suspect based on much more evidence than the latter two, about whom just something fresh new occured to me.

Quote:
Come on, wolves, what did Nerwen ever do to you?
Ugh, I don't like this one. Only the WWs know, of course, if she had ever done anything to them - and maybe she did? Maybe you know she did? Whatever.

Quote:
We know she was an innocent, so I'll not bother to comment on this much, except to say that I'm going to eat a sock when I get home tonight.
I want you to take a picture of that, if you didn't do that already!!!

Quote:
But the sudden bandwagon over her just felt soo wrong. It felt like something very sinister with the "easy votes" coming in and I had to just quit in a minute or two. So I made an impulsive decision to try and give you another candidate to vote (I had explained why I thought Mith to be suspicious) to end what looked like a beginning of a really easy bandwagon if Kit was after all innocent (which I doubted but still feared was possible). And you all know the result of that vote...
This of course is what I expected more people to think, although of course I could also understand (like somebody had said here before) a Wolf (probably just one) staying out of the wagon and saying 'Oh woe, don't ye people see the wrongness of your doing?' But no, this time it actually does not seem like that to me, and not even in Nog's case.

Quote:
Now I feel like I'd have to readjust my suspicons as well. Nilp and Mith bother me to no end as their very personal reactions look pretty weird or at least oversensitive. Something in me says to drop it off with them and if they'd be wolves, then ignore their victory. The other voice tells me that don't I see that's just bluff...
I am not going to comment on any of these things, since I just think personal feelings should be kept out of WW. I believe since the modly interventions several years ago (when I haven't been playing yet, but I got the picture that it was necessary back then) it was clear and is clear to everyone that nobody should offend anyone personally in WW. Ergo, I assume nobody is doing that, and if I get such a feeling, I ignore it because I know that everybody of course is sensible and does not want to offend me so it's probably just how it seems to me, and anyway, it has no real meaning for the game. If somebody is offended, then that's of course bad, but then again, most often it's just misunderstanding. If somebody was tricking people with seeming offended, then I would call it unfair practice, but once again, since I believe us to be fair people ('fair play' even from the baddies and all), then I don't assume anybody would be doing that.

Therefore, back to the game, my opinions on people didn't really change much since my last post, and my suspects remain on the similar level as before. I might consider voting Mith or Eomer most likely, others in my orange zone possibly. Now on to see if I x-posted with anyone and then maybe something more, or I will let Lommy use the computer again, since we're sharing it now.

EDIT: x-ed with reappearing Bom! and others after it...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:02 PM   #386
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Too . . . confused . . . to think . . .

Seriously, I can't seem to get this game straight in my head. On the bright side, I'm apparently "enigmatic!" Which is good. I hope.

Anyway, the only two that strike me as guilty are the same two who (unless I missed someone/thing) have the only votes from anybody else today: Galadriel55 and Nogrod. I keep thinking that Noggie's abandoning of the Kit-wagon was him recognizing that an innocent was already going to die, so he might as well stay far away from it to avoid looking guilty.
Well, nice to see you... although it would've been nicer to see a bit more from you... there have been questions like how much did you read of the thread when you were posting yesterDay...

Together with the Kit-controversy ('oh, it's a throwaway, except for that everybody else wants to vote her too') yesterDay now toDay saying 'I suspect only those who already have votes' sounds, well, rather bad.

I mean, if Bom is a Wolf who always comes once per Day, votes for whomever seems that they might be lynched, and leaves, then that's what I don't call a good way to do it. Just saying. Seriously, Bom, if you are innocent (but actually even if you are not), it would be nice to have some more input from you, if it is only a tiny little bit possible.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 06-30-2011, 05:05 PM   #387
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
for now my vote-candidate is Nog.
Do you read everything or do you just pick some posts to read G55? If you do read everything I'd like to hear what do you think is suspicious in my post explaining my votes a few posts ago? Just make your case and do not just follow those who voted/ suspected before they were answered.

At least do it before you vote so that the posterity can then catch you on that.

Or let's make a more accurate question: which evidence you think counts or what kind of data is important? Let us have your take on the relative merits of different issues (using certain kinds of words, voting in certain way, being backed up by someone, reacting in a way X or Y to something, having a seeming relation to someone, being suggested guilty / innocent by X or Y...). Let us hear you.

Do not let yourself too easy with this. It's much more fun if you give it some real effort.

Good night and good luck!
Old 06-30-2011, 05:05 PM   #388
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Ugh, I don't like this one. Only the WWs know, of course, if she had ever done anything to them - and maybe she did? Maybe you know she did? Whatever.
That's actually what I meant (the bolded part); I'm not assuming she did do anything to them. I was just sad that she died and was whining at the wolves for killing her. (I just wanted to clarify since it appears you didn't understand my meaning.)

I'm really thinking I'll be voting Mith toDay. Just for anyone who's interested.

Edit: x'd since the post I quoted. I also cleaned up my sentence a bit.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 06-30-2011 at 05:10 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:09 PM   #389
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Oh goodness yes. I'm sorry, dear.
No problem. Didn't mean to flip out on you, if that was it came across as! Now let's continue playing as if nothing happened.

Bom, could you explain why you thought a vote for Kitanna is a throwaway vote?

++Mithalwen

I think I've made it pretty clear already why I suspect her. You can almost add me to the sock-eating club if she's innocent... (Although didn't I join already? )

Anyway, good night, I have to wake up early-ish tomorrow too...
Old 06-30-2011, 05:13 PM   #390
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
No problem. Didn't mean to flip out on you, if that was it came across as!
Oh, no, no, no. I just realized that was what you meant and felt a bit silly.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:29 PM   #391
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
That's actually what I meant (the bolded part); I'm not assuming she did do anything to them. I was just sad that she died and was whining at the wolves for killing her. (I just wanted to clarify since it appears you didn't understand my meaning.)
Yes, I understood as much too, but at the same point was just wondering whether there might not be other stuff behind you saying that.

Whatever. I think I feel my brain is slowly shutting off and I have an early-ish waking up tomorrow too, so I will just vote now. I think it seems like several people want to vote Mith, I think that in that case I might choose her out of my options. It will also, in any case, clear some stuff. But generally there is all I have said previously - the avoidant posting, especially on the first Days, which basically kept her out of conflict, with a few rather unrelated remarks here and there, likewise the voting, especially yesterDay (with the rather consistent, but quite throwaway vote). Slipping under the radar too much, yes.

Other words, or a sort of toDay's legacy on my part - what I said above (in my previous post) about Bom; although if he's a Wolf and if he does not really participate so much, then...

See if I crossposted with something and then vote...
Old 06-30-2011, 05:30 PM   #392
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Okay.

++Mithalwen

Good Night, folks.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:40 PM   #393
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Bom Tombadillo has just left Hobbiton.
To those who are questioning my vote yesterday: I knew some people were suspicious of Kitanna, but I honestly did not know that that many people were planning on voting for her. Also, I was desperate (as I've said, I was under the mistaken impression that I had to vote right now).

Anyway,

++Nogrod

I don't know, I'm just generally suspicious of him, moreso than I am of anybody else.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:45 PM   #394
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Do you read everything or do you just pick some posts to read G55? If you do read everything I'd like to hear what do you think is suspicious in my post explaining my votes a few posts ago? Just make your case and do not just follow those who voted/ suspected before they were answered.
I've read everything, don't worry.

My reaction to yor vote-explaining post was "of course he would say that."

You want more evidence?

I said some things in my analysis, although that is kind of outdated. In my conclusion I said that your posts give me good vibes, but now that is changed.

Your Lottie-vote didn't change anything at all. If you are her packmate, your vote would make you look innocent. As I said before, you only started pressing her and "noticing" queer things about her after Shasta got the stone rolling towards her. You answered some things here, but the Lottie-vote-excuse is still shoddy.

Then your vote for Mith - came, as I said, almost out of nowhere. I'm not speaking about Mith now and whatever faulty and questionable things she's said; I'm just analysing your vote. You've voiced suspicion for her twice just before voting, but never before. Were there just way too many people having Kit on their suspect list for you to care about her being lynched? And you would look better for your eleventh jour change of heart.

Quote:
I'm getting uneasy with this, even if there are reasons staring right at my eyes there. This Kit-wagon looks like too opportunistic even if popular wagons hjave caught baddies too. But now something feels really odd in here.
As soon as there are people voting Kit, you're out of it, though she has been one of your top suspects.

Your first post toDay (340):

Quote:
Way to go Lommy! I suspected Mith already yesterDay mainly because of the way she could be seen trying to help Lottie (while no one else did - and there are still two of her mates around!) and I have also felt a bit uneasy with some of her wolf's POV speculations, not that that couldn't or shouldn't be done, but they have been kind of "detailed" one wouldn't expect from an ordo.
In other words, "thank you Lommy for giving me another good reason to back up my vote".

And there's your change of heart about me after I voiced my suspicion. I recall you thought me an innocent. Now you suspect both me and Greenie (though she has been on your ist longer than I). Why? For not liking the way you post?

Moreover, your post that I quoted above is just too passionate. However feeble this reason is, it's weighing the scale down.

And speaking of Mith: she has posted very little of content toDay, but a lot of high emotions. Makes me wonder. But I think her reasoning is very valid.

This took me waaaaay too long. I'm late!!

++Nog

I'm eating socks and hats tomorrow if he's innocent. Deal?

Edit: xed since the post I quoted
Old 06-30-2011, 05:58 PM   #395
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
++Nogrod

I stand by what I said. Was seriously tempted to self vote to escape but I have a duty to stay alive. Haven't pulled out of a game yet but really.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:59 PM   #396
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Am I going to be the last one to vote again?

++Mith

....Or not? *waits*

Edit: x'd with Miss Mithalwen herself

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 06-30-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:01 PM   #397
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
DL. Stop.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:03 PM   #398
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Mithalwen is lynched. Stand by.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:17 PM   #399
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

During this day, accusations had been flying, and tempers among the castaways seemed to be getting frayed. Almost the votes were settled against Nogrod, but in the end the decision was that Mithalwen would be the one lynched.

As she was led to the unfortunately now-familiar makeshift gallows, Mithalwen held her head high, walking in stiff silence. Some of the onlookers wondered, hoping they had not made the same mistake as with Kitanna, that they were executing an innocent.

At the decisive moment, the group held its collective breath. As the body grew limp, a grey mist once again emerged, shimmering in the light of the dying Sun. It seemed the spirit beings, whatever their nature, could not stand sunlight without a body to house them.

The mist coalesced into a threatening figure, looming over them, then it dissolved to nothingness. With relief, the mariners got ready to face another night, with the knowledge they had only to find one more of the evil among them

The Living:

Bom Tombadillo
Nogrod
G55
Sally
Eomer
Greenie
Lommy
Nilp
Legate

The Dead:

Inziladun: (Mod) (killed by the baddies Night 1)
Loslote: Evil Spirit (lynched Day 1)
Shasta: Ordo (murdered by the evil ones Night 2)
Kitanna: Ordo (lynched Day 2)
Nerwen: Ranger (knocked over a cliff by baddies Night 3)
Mithalwen: Evil Spirit (lynched Day 3)

IT IS NIGHT 4

Seer and remaining spirit send your pick.

Last edited by Inziladun; 07-01-2011 at 08:33 AM.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 06:00 PM   #400
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Nogrod awoke in the night with a powerful thirst. He reached for his water skin, to find only a few drops in it. He silently cursed himself for not remembering to fill it before dark. Now, he would have to make the walk to the stream nearby.

He did not relish the thought of going alone, but remembering that only one of the evil killers was now left to trouble them, he thought he would be safe enough, as long as he was wary.

As he made his way to the stream, he found a stout dead tree-branch that could serve well as a club, and carried it with him. He entered the woods, which seemed filled with sly, secret sounds. Some of the sounds could have been footsteps, and his grip on the makeshift club tightened.

He reached the stream. Glancing about him, straining his senses, he filled the skin. Straightening again, he turned to go. Just then a weight smote him from above, knocking him to the ground, and a tightening band was around his throat, cutting off his air. The fiend had hidden in a tree! Though he struggled, his attacker was relentless, and darkness came over him.

************************************************** **************************************************

The body was found the next morning, next to the stream, and taken to the beach.

As the ragged crew contemplated this fresh horror, Nilpaurion Felagund gave a cry, pointing out to sea. As the others looked, they saw a white shape floating upon the waves about a furlong away. It looked like one of the spare sails the ship had carried. It would be a crucial component of any craft they could fashion themselves, but it did not seem to be approaching the coast; rather, the reverse. Before anyone could stop him, Nilp jumped into the water and began swimming toward the sail. The rest shouted at him to return, that the currents were too dangerous, but he did not heed them. He was a strong swimmer, and quickly neared the sail. Before he could gain a grip on it though, he was pulled away from it, out to sea. He was caught in a rip current! Legate quickly jumped in the ocean and swam toward him, with the despairing wails of the others in his ears. Nilp had disappeared. Legate reached the place where he was last seen, then he too was caught in the current. Those on the beach held onto one another, to prevent any more rescue attempts. Soon Legate too was gone, and the sail swept by out of reach, as if to mock them.

The Living:

Bom Tombadillo
G55
Sally
Eomer
Greenie
Lommy

The Dead:

Inziladun: (Mod) (killed by the baddies Night 1)
Loslote: Evil Spirit (lynched Day 1)
Shasta: Ordo (murdered by the evil ones Night 2)
Kitanna: Ordo (lynched Day 2)
Nerwen: Ranger (knocked over a cliff by baddies Night 3)
Mithalwen: Evil Spirit (lynched Day 3)
Nogrod: Ordo (caught off guard and killed Night 4)
Nilp: Ordo (tragically lost trying to help his companions Day 4)
Legate: Ordo (drowned trying to save Nilp Day 4)

IT IS DAY 4