The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-26-2011, 05:54 PM   #161
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
for better or worse

++Lommy

Last edited by Galadriel55; 06-26-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:54 PM   #162
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Because I usually read over the sign-up lists and the Admin threads, and it was weird realizing that I totally overlooked her signing up. I guess other people don't find that weird, though.
I know one comes up with surprises on that front, but why say that out loud in the first place?

But more importantly: why did you want to mention that in that special way, "just wanted to mention that"? Why did you want that - and to let us know you did want us to know that? To try to create a feeling there can't be anything between you two last Night?

I see no other option unless you give me one.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:54 PM   #163
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I think it will... some people really love that whoooshing noise deadlines make as they hurtle towards them.....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:55 PM   #164
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Is the latest vote-count right?

I think Greenie voted first and she is there third... do the numbers of votes count?
Hers was first, my apologies. I'm on my phone and didn't remember the order. :/

Greenie-->Bom
Kit-->Sally
Eomer-->Galadriel
Shasta-->Lottie
Mith-->Sally (2)
Legate-->Lottie
Lommie-->lottie (2)

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 06-26-2011 at 05:59 PM.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:55 PM   #165
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Lol now here's some Lommy-flip-flopping for you Galadriel.... Generally I'm just bad at deciding/ tend to consider too many sides of issues.

Not sure what to make of me and Legate's cross-vote... Makes the situation quite anti-Lottie atm...

edit: xed with all
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:55 PM   #166
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
G55, you need plusses and bolding as well as highlighting.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:56 PM   #167
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Votes:
Bom (Greenie)
Sally x2 (Kit, Mith)
G55 (Eomer)
Lottie x3 (Shasta, Legate, Lommy)
Lommy (me)
Old 06-26-2011, 05:56 PM   #168
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I see this has been decided while I was writing my last post. Let's check it.

++ Loslote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:57 PM   #169
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
G55, you need plusses and bolding as well as highlighting.
*smacks herself* Edited.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:57 PM   #170
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Lommie? HAve I missed something or is that left field?... and is this a bandwaggon I see before me?

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:58 PM   #171
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting After the reacquaintance:

>.<
Loslote
Galadriel55
Lommy
Kitanna
Bom

<3
Mith
Greenie
Eomer
Legate

???
Everyone else

Oh, dear, no time.

++Nilpaurion Felagund
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:58 PM   #172
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Not sure what to make of me and Legate's cross-vote... Makes the situation quite anti-Lottie atm...
What "to make of"? It's been cast, are you now questioning your vote, or what do you think?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:59 PM   #173
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
++Nilpaurion Felagund
Highlights, sir!

EDIT- Never mind. Atta boy!
Old 06-26-2011, 06:00 PM   #174
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Man, I've missed this.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:00 PM   #175
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Oh Nilp you're rusty. You are not even managing to kill yourself. Not only do you get not enough votes, but you make it in an improper manner...
Old 06-26-2011, 06:00 PM   #176
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Lol now here's some Lommy-flip-flopping for you Galadriel.... Generally I'm just bad at deciding/ tend to consider too many sides of issues.
Decisions, decisions...
Old 06-26-2011, 06:00 PM   #177
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Mith - I xed.
Legate - I was wondering how it will make the outcome of the day.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:01 PM   #178
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
++Galadriel
Old 06-26-2011, 06:01 PM   #179
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

DL. Silence.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:02 PM   #180
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Oh flipping come on. It took over a minute to post that?! >.<

Edit: x'd, sorry
Old 06-26-2011, 06:08 PM   #181
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Oh flipping come on. It took over a minute to post that?! >.<

Edit: x'd, sorry
You're excused, I suppose.

Stand by for swift results.

And 4000 posts! *pats self on back*
Old 06-26-2011, 06:14 PM   #182
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Although the unlucky Venturers did not know exactly what had befallen, the meaning of Inziladun's scrawled final words seemed clear enough: some of their number had turned, or had been turned somehow to evil and murder. Long they debated about what their next course of action should be. They knew that they could count on no help from any quarter. The nearest friends of the Edain were the Elves of Lindon, but they did not know of the plight of the Númenóreans, and there was no means of communicating with them, even if the mariners had known exactly where they themselves were in relation to the coasts of Middle-earth. There was only one thing to do: the identities of the killers among them must be discovered, and the threat removed from the rest by killing them in turn. Then the arguments turned toward who among them was acting the most suspicious, or out of character. At the end of the day, it was decided that Loslote was the most likely to be evil. They determined to kill her by hanging, since trees were certainly in abundance, and rope from the wreck of the ship had washed ashore.
The preparations were made swiftly. The noose was placed around Loslote's neck, and she was made to stand upon some piled rocks. They were kicked out from under her, and the crowding sailors watched to see if some change would come upon the one they'd chosen.
As the body grew still, they were shocked to see a grey, misty figure emerge from it and float into the air. It seemed to point at them all, marking them with helpless malice. Then it seemed to simply melt away before their eyes in the light of the setting Sun, and the air was clean again.
Darkness covered the island once again.

The Living:

Bom Tombadillo
Nogrod
Shasta
Kitanna
G55
Sally
Eomer
Nerwen
Greenie
Lommy
Nilp
Mithalwen
Legate

The Dead:

Inziladun: (Mod)
Loslote: Evil Spirit

IT IS NOW NIGHT 2

Evildoers may PM. Those with picks send them in.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:00 PM   #183
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Shasta awoke in the night with a feeling of uneasiness.
His bedding place was atop a cliff out of sight of the Sea, though he could still hear it. Woods stood nearby, with ancient pine and fir trees. He looked around, and at first saw nothing. Then, as his eyes grew more accustomed to the dark, he thought he spied a figure standing about 20 yards away. When his gaze alighted on it, it rushed toward him, holding a massive rock over its head to cast down. Shasta had no weapons, but knew the would-be killer could not keep up with him, burdened as it was. He sprang to his feet, racing for the cover of the wood. There he might find a weapon of his own, as well as gain some cover. At the moment he entered, a second shape, having hidden silently as its mate ran the quarry its way, stabbed swiftly with its dagger. As Shasta fell to the ground, he heard its hissing laughter.

The Living:

Bom Tombadillo
Nogrod
Kitanna
G55
Sally
Eomer
Nerwen
Greenie
Lommy
Nilp
Mithalwen
Legate

The Dead:

Inziladun: (Mod) (killed by the baddies Night 1)
Loslote: Evil Spirit (lynched Day 1)
Shasta: Ordo (murdered by the evil ones Night 2)

IT IS DAY 2. You know what to do.

As a reminder, Nerwen and Bom make sure to vote toDay, or the consequences could be dire.

Last edited by Inziladun; 06-27-2011 at 06:15 PM.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:08 PM   #184
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

No time to say much about yesterDay or last Night, but I wanted to post what I was meant to post when I voted (well, more or less). I'm sorry about the lateness of my vote yesterday. My phone decided to spazz out on me (the weather didn't help) and by the time I could get back to the Downs I only had time to vote, not explain. Grumble, grumble.

Anyway, Galadriel's clinging onto me makes me a bit suspicious of her, as I've previously stated, and then her vote for Lommie....what? It strikes me as quite a random and possibly evil thing to do, especially since it was a throwaway vote for someone who had barely been around (though I'll have to take a closer look before I make any more specific statements about it). I hadn't taken a good enough look at most other candidates, especially the sudden (but delightful, in retrospect!) Lottiewagon, so I just went with my gut. (Also, voting for Kit, while also going with my gut, would have been a throwaway, and thus useless.)

There we go. I made with the splainy. I feel all shiny now.

I'll post more later, but I have a pretty redheaded girl* coming for dinner.

*My cousin, numpkins.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:33 PM   #185
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Way back when I first modded Kitanna was right about just about everything and ignored and lynched. The village lost and it was a heavy loss. A serious player verily.
I remember that oh so well. 'twas my first game and no one gave me this so-called "newbie pass". Rather I was mercilessly killed on Day 2...if I ever see Morm on the street I'll shake my fist at him and scream "it was all your fault". Because of this I never give newbies a free ride because I'm a cranky and bitter young woman. :P

But I digress. I feel like I missed a lot yesterday after I voted. Sooo I'm going to have to reread the thread and go from there. For now I maintain my Sally is guilty stance. I noticed some buzz around Galadriel. I'll be looking at her and those who brought her up. Let's see where this takes me.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:45 PM   #186
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

What luck, Shasta!

However, on the bright side, one wolf down!!! I'm so not sorry now that my posts "hit her over the head like baby fish"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Anyway, Galadriel's clinging onto me makes me a bit suspicious of her, as I've previously stated, and then her vote for Lommie....what? It strikes me as quite a random and possibly evil thing to do, especially since it was a throwaway vote for someone who had barely been around (though I'll have to take a closer look before I make any more specific statements about it).
When I voted I crossed with 2 other Lottie-votes and didn't edit to say so since time was precious and could not be wasted on such petty matters (Just like Sally's phone, my computer wanted to make my life difficult, and took about a minute to load the post-your-reply-page! >.<). When I voted it did not seem like a throwaway vote at all.

Why Lommy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me in #157
Lommy's posts are somewhat fishy - she has no opinions well into the Day, and decides to vote for Lottie as soon as Shasta casts suspicion on her, but then decides against it.
That was a very brief explanation. More stuff to add:

An hour before DL she still didn't have any solid opinions on anyone, which is quite strange, because there has been enough going on yesterDay. She said that "none of the arguments really convince" her in #128. She was very quick to jump on Shasta's reasoning - right he was to suspect Lottie as we know toDay, but how would I have known yesterDay? - in #140. Moreover, she was around for some time - less than I have, but still - and didn't post anything except for some shaky impressions. Unnaturally quiet as well, considering the heaps of information.

All that combined made me vote for her yesterDay.

I'm still thinking about this. She voted for Lottie (who we now know is a wolf), but apologises for it. Of course, that could be an innocent thinking she's going on a Lottiewagon, but it could be something much more sinister. I'm more inclined towards the former, but you never know!

ETA: I'll be back in some time after my brain digests everything.

Last edited by Galadriel55; 06-27-2011 at 06:49 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:21 PM   #187
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I started with Galadriel simply because I know she garnered some attention, including some from Lottie.

1) First WW post ever
2) Comment to Nilp
3) Question to me about my joke post
4) Response to Sally
5) Directed at Nilp
Quote:
Do you want me to vote you for jumping onto conclusions? There hardly have been any posts! (and come on, Lottie gave you a compliment, and you call her a wolf?! That's not nice!)
This doesn't have to mean anything outside of a joke, but it tickled me.
6)
Quote:
I don't think that Sally would have endangered herself that much in her first post if she has a special role. However, I see what you mean about Bom. He's really pushing a sallywagon, or trying to.
Quote:
Kit is #2 on my suspision list, for saying that Bom is pushing a sallywagon and pushing it herself yet further.
Quote:
The only explanation I could come up with is that you are a wolf who speaks while plotting who will be the first victim. And you're debating about Bom to make yourself look unconnected to him.
I find her coming to interesting conclusions. Certainly Bom could easily have been steering conversation to Sally, but that's not a bandwagon, nor did I accuse him of bandwagoning. She also says I was trying to start one on Sally while criticizing Bom. But what is more interesting is that she thinks we are cohorts debating openly during the Day. I can be stupid and foolish, but even I think that's a silly idea for wolves. It seems a strange conclusion to state, especially on Day 1. But that doesn't seem so strange of Galadriel, but her defense of Sally is odd. However, at this point in her posts she doesn't look too suspicious.
7) Nothing really, just asking people not to put off to the last hour. Responsible, but not entirely helpful.
8) Nothing helpful
9) Asks about Legate and Eomer, nothing helpful
10) This is interesting. Greenie made comments on Galadriel's suspicions and then turned out to "I'm not accusing them. I just want to keep on eye on them."
Quote:
If in my reply to Kit I made it sound like a direct accusation, I didn't intend to
Looks to me like you believed Bom and I were wolves plotting against Sally. This preoccupation with Sally. I find it strange she changes her opinion after being confronted about them.
11) Nothing helpful
12) Says Sally seems like a cobbler, but not a wolf. Obviously there is no cobbler and I regret ever making the statement because it is a moot point.
13) Responds to Eomer and his vote for her. At one point before this point Sally says her defense of her is "scary", I wouldn't go that far. I can't see any reasoning from her why she's you're innocent and it's certainly a strange stance. At the point she defended you against Bom's mercy killing and my suspicions you hadn't said much. Scary? Not really. Odd? Yes.
Quote:
Kit makes more sense to me now - after a couple more posts - but at that time she didn't.
I might be wrong (I'm only reading Galadriel's and Galadriel mentioned posts) but at this point some had stated they didn't want me dead on Day1. That means not many votes, if any, coming my way. She suspected me pretty heavily it looked like in her sixth post. Then after Greenie commented she started to change her tune. Now she's almost completely flipped on her stance toward me, while maintaining her suspicions of Bom.
Quote:
Yes, seeing as I don't want you - an innocent in my books so far - be lynched.
This is actually more scary than anything she had said about Sally beforehand. I don't think there was a time when Sally was really in danger, especially right here. Most, if not wholly supportive of her, at least didn't see Sally as wolfish (myself excluded (my hat, dear Sally! )) so why worry she's going to get lynched?
14)
Quote:
Bom Tombadillo - spread suspicion and then disappeared. I wish he would post a bit more, and at least react somehow.
Nogrod - I need to reread his posts, as I'm having a hard time understanding some of his arguments. So far so good for the vibes.
Shasta - makes some good points (even though I don't agree with everything he says)
Kitanna - suspects Bom for suspecting Saly, but suspects Sally herself. First is inclined to vote for Bom, but changes her mind and votes Sally. Interesting (I'm not sure if it's in a good or a bad way...)
Sally - looks innocentish, but you've probably heard enough of that from me.
Eomer - no impression. Popped in to make a couple comments and to vote me.
Nerwen - as has been said before, guarded and careful. Too quiet. No impression.
Loslote - didn't say too many things either. No impression. A bit weird that she has nothing to say.
Greenie - doesn't think of Bom as very suspicious, yet vote for him. Also interesting.
Lommy - also not too many posts. Didn't comment a lot.
Nilp - where are you?
Legate - suspects Sally because I called her an innocent. Otherwise, looks good.
Mith avoided all the me-bom-kit-sally tangle. Didn't take sides. Didn't commit herself to anything. Made some fair points, but stayed aside.
I haven't decided what to make of this. It looks like her suspicions of Bom were dropped because he appears to be one of the only ones she doesn't offer up as innocentish or guilty.
15) Vote count
16)
Quote:
I could vote for Greenie, Eomer, Lommy, and possibly Nilp, but there has been limited participation from all of them...
Lommy's posts are somewhat fishy - she has no opinions well into the Day, and decides to vote for Lottie as soon as Shasta casts suspicion on her, but then decides against it. She will probably be my candidate.
I need to reread Lommy's posts before completely committing to an idea, but before she said she didn't find Eomer or Nilp. She makes somewhat of a case against Lommy in this post and had a little bit of one for Greenie previously. But what about the other two?
17) Votes Lommy
18) Vote count
19) Had forgotten to bold post, edited vote post
20) Nothing helpful
Day 2:
21)
Quote:
An hour before DL she still didn't have any solid opinions on anyone, which is quite strange, because there has been enough going on yesterDay. She said that "none of the arguments really convince" her in #128. She was very quick to jump on Shasta's reasoning - right he was to suspect Lottie as we know toDay, but how would I have known yesterDay? - in #140. Moreover, she was around for some time - less than I have, but still - and didn't post anything except for some shaky impressions. Unnaturally quiet as well, considering the heaps of information.
Reasons for voting Lommy
Quote:
that could be an innocent thinking she's going on a Lottiewagon, but it could be something much more sinister. I'm more inclined towards the former, but you never know!
And now she's flip-flopped on Lommy.

What I find stranger than her belief in Sally's innocence is her flip-flopping. She makes one case and then once it is commented on by another she goes back on her suspicions. That strikes me has more sinister than thinking Sally is innocent, she wasn't the only one. She just seemed to be the only one who really made a headline of it.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:26 PM   #188
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
White Tree THE vote list.

(Time are in UT. Known innocents italicised, known baddies underlined, person/s in the lead bolded.)

1857 Greenie - Bom (Bom - 1)
2129 Kit - Sally (Bom - 1, Sally - 1)
2141 Eomer - G55 (Bom - 1, Sally - 1, G55 - 1)
2314 Shasta - Lottie (Bom - 1, Sally - 1, G55 - 1, Lottie - 1)
2339 Mith - Sally (Bom - 1, Sally - 2, G55 - 1, Lottie - 1)
2352 Leg - Lottie (Bom - 1, Sally - 2, G55 - 1, Lottie - 2)
2353 Lommy - Lottie (Bom - 1, Sally - 2, G55 - 1, Lottie - 3)
2354 G55 - Lommy (Bom - 1, Sally - 2, G55 - 1, Lottie - 3, Lommy - 1)
2356 Nog - Lottie (Bom - 1, Sally - 2, G55 - 1, Lottie - 4, Lommy - 1)
2358 Nilp - Nilp (Bom - 1, Sally - 2, G55 - 1, Lottie - 4, Lommy - 1, Nilp - 1)
0001 Sally - G55 (Bom - 1, Sally - 2, G55 - 1, Lottie - 3, Lommy - 1, Nilp - 1) [did not count]

The following people look good due to their votes (in order of perceived innocence):
  1. Shasta (The first stone. Um, yes, obviously, he's innocent. Might have been suspected as the Seer, resulting in his death.)

2. Lommy (The avalanche, part 2. Her suspicion of Lottie was somewhat less substantiated than those below. We have this, then this after Shasta's Lottie-lysis. (Lysis, heh.) However, the timing of her vote puts her higher on the list; it would be funny if the she and Leg and Lottie were the wolfpack, and this 'oops crossvote' incident unintentionally killed one of them. But that would have been highly unlikely. Therefore she's the villager I trust the most, for now.)

3. Leg (The avalanche, part 1. This is a fine piece of deduction, I must say--the baddies (who know more than any other villager) would fear saying too much, so they would post something that actually says nothing.)

4. Nog (The coup de grâce. He could have voted for Sally, putting her in a shared lead with Lottie; he even said that he had intended that here. But he homed in on Lottie due to her slip regarding Kitanna (q.v.). There could be an element of someone knowing a little too much; which at this time, would point more to a baddie than the Seer, but not at this time.)

Now, I've put my doubts regarding their innocence cos there's a caveat to this list; I have myself in three instances offered fellow baddies to the lynch mob to obtain that cloak of feigned innocence--as our dearly departed InzilaMod might remember. Also, there's that matter of Mac sending two of his packmates to the gallows, foiling a post-double-lynching mathematical victory I (as the seer) have struggled to prepare.

However, they shall be quite low on my suspect list, unless the Seer should contradict me, or should they say something quite damning.

My suspects next. After finishing episode four of Madoka Magica. (Priorities!)

Last edited by Nilpaurion Felagund; 06-27-2011 at 07:29 PM. Reason: grandmother issues
Old 06-27-2011, 07:55 PM   #189
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Lottie-lynch and Shasta

I recall a few people suspecting Lottie earlier in the thread, some even said they intend to vote her, but none really making one solid argumentive "summarizing" case against her until Shasta did. Now where did that stroke of inspiration come on him? He was debating a bit about everyone, but more about me, sally, Kit, and Bom. In 134 he considers voting [B]Sally/B], but wants more thought from her before a final decision. Then considers vote for Kit, but discards it because she'd be a throw-away.

Decides he'll analyze Lottie and does so in #138. Votes. More people follow.

The way I understood Shasta's post#134 is that Lottie wasn't his top priority, and that he'd rather vote for Kit, or possibly Sally. Interesting. But lucky that he voted Lottie.

Edit: xed with Kit and Nilp. Stupid computer freezing again.

Last edited by Galadriel55; 06-27-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:09 PM   #190
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
No! My pearl!

Now, why Shasta, anyway?

On the face of it, this may seem a silly question: he did the most to get Wolflote lynched, and by that had made himself more-or-less unlynchable– along with possibly looking a bit Seer-ish.

However, looking at yesterDay's chaos of accusations, counter-accusations and passionate defences, it's interesting that apparently nobody looked more like the Seer to the wolves. Shasta's case on Lottie was built on in-game evidence– whereas, a good many players seemed ready to defend/suspect others at the drop of a hat.

EDIT:X'd since G55 at #186.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:31 PM   #191
Kitanna
Child of the West

Shasta, Lommy Legate, and Nog all voted Lottie. I want to look at vote times to begin with and I won't be taking too hard a look at Shasta, I think he might have been seen as the seer and that's why he died. He was the first to vote Lottie. As for the rest looking at vote times Lommy and Legate voted within a minute of each other, if this wasn't the case I'd say Lommy could be guilty. Nog voted later and I think it was clear Lottie was going to die at this point. I'm not sure what to think of the surviving three voters. Time to scrutinize

Lommy:
1) Nothing really helpful, states confusion, out of WW mode, will return with clearer thoughts
2) Thinks Bom looks suspicious. Nog makes sense, but seems uptight, this doesn't mean guilt, could be RL issues. Doesn't understand my logic, but wouldn't vote for me. More inclined toward Sally's innocence. Greenie seems innocent. Most of the others she states to having no opinion.
3)
Quote:
Lottie goes down for being so squishy. She seems to have very little to say (well I know this might sound hypocritical but she's been involved for much longer toDay than me!)
Innocent viewpoint of Lottie. Something Galadriel pointed out as her reason for voting against her.
4) No arguments convince her.
Quote:
So who I won't vote toDay:
Kitanna - too useful this far.
Nogrod - us agreeing made me think him innocent, and now that we don't agree so much anymore (his case on Sally etc) I still think he looks fairly good.
Sally - well I still think she is one of the players who tends to avoid declaring her innocence when evil.
Shasta - gives me innocent vibes.
Legate - hats off for clearing his head and using his time much better than me, and his way of argumenting seems pretty innocent this far.
What happened to Lottie? She thought her innocent...
5)
Quote:
Mmh. Tempted to follow Shasta's lead. He definitely didn't make Lottie sound too good.
Did a wolfy Lommy think Shasta could be the seer?
6) Talks to Lottie about her reasons for giving/ not giving Galadriel a newbie pass. Says Lottie is being confusing.
7) Seems like she's having a change of heart about Lottie.
8) Votes Lottie
9) Doesn't know what to make of her crosspost with Legate.
10)
Quote:
Legate - I was wondering how it will make the outcome of the day.
Did you think maybe voting for comrade Lottie wouldn't actually doom her? This is the most interesting and fiendish thing Lommy has said thus far.
Lommy certainly looks bad right about now. She says Lottie is innocent. She piggybacks on Shasta. She changes her mind again. She votes Lottie. And her statement to Legate in her tenth post just looks wrong.

Legate:
1) Doesn't necessarily accuse anyone. He does cast suspicion on Bom and me. But he doesn't get too in depth into accusing us either. Likewise he doesn't defend Sally, though he understands where she's coming from. He thinks Galadriel is reasonable and isn't too suspicious.
2) Lists his thoughts on everyone. He doesn't really pin down anyone, though it looks like Mith could be his front runner based on her "I agree with so-so and about blah-de-blah" attitude. He also comments on Mith's suspicions of people who are unclear on the rules.
3) Seems to come to an understanding of what Mith was saying about the rules. He doesn't exactly agree with her viewpoint, but he doesn't completely disagree that it is out of the range of possibilities. He thinks some of what I say about Sally could be applied elsewhere (rambling posts specifically), but says other arguments might be "more valid", he doesn't say what ones those are. Sees Nog as innocent so far.
4) Says Lottie could well be his vote. He also questions what Lommy said of myself and Sally. I think (I'm confused by his wording) that he doesn't think Lommy has evil intentions. Asks a question of Sally.
5) Sees Mith as more innocent. Questions Lottie's motives against Galadriel. He questions Sally and her innocent because of how she doesn't like Galadriel backing her. This is his only suspicion of Sally.
6) Didn't see too much usefulness here.
7) Starts to suspect Sally for her last few points. Analyzes the posts in question.
8) Shasta looks good, Sally doesn't.
9) Response to Sally.
10)
Quote:
Red zone:
Sally
Loslote

Orange zone:
Bom Tom
Kitanna

Yellow zone:
G55
Eomer
Lommy

Green zone:
Nogrod
Shasta
Mith

Grey zone - not enough data:
Nerwen
Greenie
Nilp
Is staying pretty consistent in his suspicions.
11) Response to Nog.
12) Trying to decide between Sally or Lottie.
13) Votes Lottie
14) Asks Lommy is she is questioning her vote
So Legate doesn't look too bad to me. He speaks sense and stays consistent rather than jumping here and there, backing down from suspicions.

Suspects thus far:
Galadriel: A lot was said of her "backing" Sally, but that doesn't me. Rather she backs away from something when someone else contradicts or questions it. First she accuses Bom and I of tag teaming and trying to get a Sallywagon going. Then Greenie says something and all of a sudden she's "not accusing, just watching" us. She flip-flops and tries to be sly in her observations.

Lommy: She was all about believing Lottie was innocent, essentially with no reasoning. Then Shasta casts a shadow and suddenly there's Lommy ready to get Lottie out of the picture. This could well be a wolf move. My packmate is in trouble, I should vote for them now when it's still anyone's Day. If she dies I look innocent. What's more unsettling is her comment about how her cross post with Legate "will affect the outcome". That's is possibly the most sinister thing I've read so far.

Sally: Oh that's right. Most of my reasons have been outlined, but I find it unsettling that Sally has latched onto Galadriel's defense of her. It's possible (I haven't done a count) but she may well have brought up Galadriel's defense more than Galadriel actually said she thought she was innocent. That seems a bit like she's trying too hard to get us to look at Galadriel. Of course if Galadriel is a wolf I have to surrender my beliefs that Sally is a fanged menace. This goes the other way too. If Sally is evil than I'm hard pressed to believe Galadriel is.

My house is essentially a giant oven right now. It's becoming hard to focus which is why my analysis of Legate kept getting shorter. I'm probably going to be absent for a few hours. When I return I want to finish up looking at Nog (the final Lottie vote), look at Mith (something has seemed strange with her posts, but I don't know what), and of course look at Lottie herself.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:46 PM   #192
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Pipe

Hm, hum, my head has this light-flashy thing moment going on.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:55 PM   #193
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

What happened to my post? Drat this stupid pile of metal that I'm typing at! I've written an essay and it swallowed it whole!!!

(I replied to Kit's analysis about me and added some of my own points)

Do I have to start typing again?... Ok, I'll try to retype it, but I'm going to sound very angry (you know the reason).
Old 06-27-2011, 09:34 PM   #194
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I've spent an hour typing something imilar, except that it was much better and now I forgot half the points I wanted to make. All thanks to my ************** computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
I find her coming to interesting conclusions. Certainly Bom could easily have been steering conversation to Sally, but that's not a bandwagon, nor did I accuse him of bandwagoning.
Can't really be a legitimate bandwgon on one of the first posts, can there? But it can become one if others join onto it. One post can't be called a bandwagon, but it can be starting one.

As you said yourself,

Quote:
..simply killing her because she's going to die seems pretty wolfish.
And a wolf kills by Day by means of getting others to vote for their victim, right?

Quote:
She also says I was trying to start one on Sally while criticizing Bom.
Firstly, continue would be a better word here than start. Secondly, as has been said and mulled over many times before, suspecting Bom for going against Sally while going against her yourself is odd.

Quote:
But what is more interesting is that she thinks we are cohorts debating openly during the Day.
Wolf-on-wolf, as I was reminded when in a latter post I said that if you are wolves probably not together.

Quote:
But that doesn't seem so strange of Galadriel, but her defense of Sally is odd.
I have nothing against that sentence except that I can't understand it (my brain is screaming "bedtime!"). Can you please rephrase it?

Quote:
I might be wrong (I'm only reading Galadriel's and Galadriel mentioned posts) but at this point some had stated they didn't want me dead on Day1. That means not many votes, if any, coming my way. She suspected me pretty heavily it looked like in her sixth post. Then after Greenie commented she started to change her tune. Now she's almost completely flipped on her stance toward me, while maintaining her suspicions of Bom.
While maintaining less serious suspicions on both of you. There weren't that many people to be suspicious about at that time (why would I put a person who hasn't posted yet on my suspicion list?), and out of those people you two were the most suspicious. Now you aren't. But that doesn't mean I flipped on either of you.

I have a question for you, Kit. Why did you find these posts suspicious only after many other people commented on them in the same way?

Quote:
It looks like her suspicions of Bom were dropped because he appears to be one of the only ones she doesn't offer up as innocentish or guilty.
Not completely dropped, but rather lowered, since there are now more players who posted, and more people to suspect, etcetc you've heard it all above.

Quote:
before she said she didn't find Eomer or Nilp. She makes somewhat of a case against Lommy in this post and had a little bit of one for Greenie previously. But what about the other two?
I haven't got a read on Eomer. I considered voting him (very briefly, not too seriously, and only out of spite) because he voted me...

Quote:
And now she's flip-flopped on Lommy.
It's a new Day, I have more information. Why can't I use it?

Quote:
What I find stranger than her belief in Sally's innocence is her flip-flopping. She makes one case and then once it is commented on by another she goes back on her suspicions.
Look at yourself! First you had Bom at the top, but then you voted Sally, after some people chewed everything over and thought your behaviour hypocritical.

I'm sorry if that sounded irritable. Blame it on the good for nothing computer I'm typing on.

I'm so tired now all my notes and thoughts will have to wait until tomorrow (RL). *yawns*

Last edited by Galadriel55; 06-27-2011 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Legibility
Old 06-27-2011, 10:32 PM   #195
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I'm sorry to do this, but my lovely guest has just left and I'm exhausted, so I'm turning in(to what, you may ask? ) for the night. I'll be back with thoughts in the morning.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:00 AM   #196
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit
Galadriel: A lot was said of her "backing" Sally, but that doesn't me. Rather she backs away from something when someone else contradicts or questions it. First she accuses Bom and I of tag teaming and trying to get a Sallywagon going. Then Greenie says something and all of a sudden she's "not accusing, just watching" us. She flip-flops and tries to be sly in her observations.

Lommy: She was all about believing Lottie was innocent, essentially with no reasoning. Then Shasta casts a shadow and suddenly there's Lommy ready to get Lottie out of the picture. This could well be a wolf move. My packmate is in trouble, I should vote for them now when it's still anyone's Day. If she dies I look innocent. What's more unsettling is her comment about how her cross post with Legate "will affect the outcome". That's is possibly the most sinister thing I've read so far.

Sally: Oh that's right. Most of my reasons have been outlined, but I find it unsettling that Sally has latched onto Galadriel's defense of her. It's possible (I haven't done a count) but she may well have brought up Galadriel's defense more than Galadriel actually said she thought she was innocent. That seems a bit like she's trying too hard to get us to look at Galadriel. Of course if Galadriel is a wolf I have to surrender my beliefs that Sally is a fanged menace. This goes the other way too. If Sally is evil than I'm hard pressed to believe Galadriel is.
Actually, some of Sally's reaction to G55 could be a wolf trying to distance herself from a cub who's been too quick to defend her. It would fit that pattern quite well in fact. However, as you say, she did press it further than would be needed– so if they're in it together, it would mean Sallywolf was trying to bus her newbie comrade for little reason.

More importantly, though, we also have a known wolf to look at, and G55 happens to be the only person that wolf went after.

So, the key question, then is: how likely is it that Wolflote would make a wolf-on-wolf attack on Wolf55 at that point and in that way?

To quote Shasta at #138:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Lottie has set herself up today so that really the only person she can vote is Gala (she hasn't evidenced suspicion on anyone else); which, when combined with all that about "oh I'll feel so bad if she's lynched" and giving her a newbie-pass, really makes me raise both eyebrows. Lottie looks extremely contradictory.
Again, it would be more than just a token wolf-on-wolf suspicion– and again, oddly gratuitous.

It's perhaps more likely Wolflote would go strongly after a newbie comrade than Sallywolf, simply because Lottie tends to be very pessimistic about her own chances of survival– she might have reasoned that ione or other of them would probably die early anyway, and thus that a real wolf-on-wolf attack was the best bet. All the same, it's most unusual for a wolf to give herself no other option but voting a comrade.

Not much to say about Lommy, except to concur that her Legate-180 on Wolflote is peculiar (even coming from the Queen of Flip-floppers).
Old 06-28-2011, 01:24 AM   #197
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Eye General impressions.

I'm mildly surprised no-one thought I was a Seer due to my jocular accusation of Lottie.

I'm still getting all these strange vibes from Kitanna. Surprising, I know, me listening to vibes instead of the voting pattern and intentions. Well, there's her intention of building interesting cases--the Sally-and-Bom-lyses yesterDAY (q.v.) was mildly suspicious already, and sinking her hooks on a voted-for-a-known-baddie Lommy (q.v.) is strongly so. (Unless the metagame has strongly shifted towards fatal wolf-on-wolf voting? In which case the analysis would not be unfounded. Meh, but I wouldn't know the metagame right now.)

My suspicions of her are reinforced by the fact that Shasta, the baddies's most probable Seer-suspect, has said this of her and then said that he suspected her (q.v.) before he died. (Which reminds me; I need to do a Shasta-lysis.)

Greenie (<3) has, in her few posts, gone deep into an analysis of the posts so far and found a few gems worth consideration (q.v.). So, hug.

Mith and Eomer were doing pushes and probes to get some discussion going, to make DAY 1 less random than usual. More hugs.

My thoughts on ThinLegate and Nog have already been covered above. Group hug.

About the rest I still feel somewhat equivocal: G55 feels like a confused Ordo (but baddies like that cloak, so meh) and Sally-chan is always insane. Nerwen seems to have a jammer against my sensors (I can never seem to read her) and Bom is missing.

Did I miss anyone?
Old 06-28-2011, 02:47 AM   #198
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Eye Shastanis Althreduin: The wall-post.

21:
Quote:
I kind of don't even want to post until people have gotten this out of their system, but I am in fact aware the game has started. I'm excited - we've gone too long without a game of WW on the 'Downs.
23: Banter w/ G55

37: Answers Mith's query regarding his reluctance to post: he was once killed on DAY 1 (as a Seer, ooh).

Comments on the 'only game-related thing thus far,' which is Bom's infamous statement re Sally's earlier infamous stament and Nerwen's comment about it. Has nothing to say about it, except asking Bom for an explanation.

113: Elaborates his thoughts on Bom's post: a joke that could be used as a casus voting.

Comments on Kit's analysis of Sally's infamous statement. His summary:
Quote:
I'm a little confused - Kitanna's suspicious are Sally and Bom, and she seems to be suspicious of Bom for being ready to vote Sally, which to me seems a bit counter-intuitive.
Does a preliminary analysis of Sally, but remains unsure of her.

Comments on G55's statements re Kit and Bom, and he does not agree that both are baddies.

Asks Greenie regarding her thoughts on Nerwen:
Quote:
Greenie, you've called Nerwen "careful" and "neutral" twice now. Do you suspect her, or not?
Agrees with Mith's assessment of Sally's infamous statement: it's not helpful for whichever side Sally's in.

Agrees with Eomer's assessment of the jump on Bom's infamous statement: 'bewildering'.

Agrees with Nog's assessment of Greenie:
Quote:
[ . . . ]I find it odd Greenie makes some sense saying that what Bom said looked more like "this is what I'm going to do unless there is a better option" and not "there is our wolf, let's lynch her together now". But then she went on and voted for him. (Nogrod)
Has never 'seen Lommy so decisive! Especially on Day 1! Something to consider...' (He referred to a post 79 of hers, which actually was Kit's )

Disagrees with Eomer; he finds Kit's accusation of Sally and Bom 'hypocritical'.

117: Agrees with Leg's assessment of one of Sally's statement (where she said she suspects G55.) He found it 'odd'.

118: Banter.

121: A little correction of his statement re Sally as dead ordo and village defeat.

122: Banter. (I want beta-readers, too, also. )

134: Thinks that Sally is more innocent than baddie based on feel instead of content (but would want more content from her).

Says that he could vote for Kitanna, couldn't vote for Bom, but decides to look at Lottie.

138: The Lottie-lysis. She was, according to her, contradictory in the way she dealt with G55; she said she didn't want to vote for her, but piled suspicion upon her nonetheless.

139: Votes for Lottie on the basis of his previous analysis.

144: Repeats his analysis of Lottie.

CONCLUSION
(i.e., what the baddies might have seen):

He was at first more inclined to vote for Kitanna before his Lottie-lysis. Both cases have been built on analysis of their post, so there was not a trace of Sight detectable in it.

He was unsure of Sally, suspected her a bit, then decided she was more innocent based on feel, which does indicate a trace of Sight. Also, the way he flip-flopped (so to speak) about her may be construed as an attempt to hide his sureness of her role.

Either the baddies thought him someone who dreamt of one of their kin, or dreamt of an innocent Sally (which the baddies might have been trying to get lynched).

However, I'm slightly more inclined to think that they thought that he was just too sharp (which he seem to have a reputation of.)

(His interactions with the other are somewhat too insignificant to address at this time.)
Old 06-28-2011, 03:48 AM   #199
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Nilp posted:

"A word of advice, mum:

1) Listen to your first instincts; and
2) Never listen to known baddies.

The Trio of Evil is complete!
•Sally
•Loslote
•Shasta

Would anyone wish to cast the first vote?"

To which Loslote replied:

Quote:
Love to, but I'd also love to catch wolves, and I fear there might be a conflict of interest.
???
Old 06-28-2011, 03:54 AM   #200
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Quote:
I'm here! And I have First Impressions.

Sally is probably my dear sweet cupcake, and I would not like to lynch her toDay at all.

Bom is a dear sweet newish player who, from what little he's posted, sounds like last game when he was innocent. I'd like to leave him be, too.

Galadriel's posts hit me over the head a little like a baby fish, but it's her first game ever, so she gets a newbie pass out of the category of "say what now".

Kit's post I saw and instantly "whaaaaaaat"ed because I forgot she was playing in this game. But I don't know how to read her yet, I just wanted to mention that.

The rest of you I've got no real impressions on yet. More noise-making, please!

Edit: Xed with two Sallys
Sally and G55 seem completely intent on making people suspicious of them; again today, pretty much soon as Inzil opens the new day, both of them are posting and defending their votes. Here we have Loslote defending both of them yesterday.

I promise not to just pick on you two but you both worry me quite a bit!