The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-06-2008, 11:33 PM   #641
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
This may or may not be helpful to anyone else besides myself. That's OK.

CAILIN
Post #51
Recommends we try to catch both WWs and EW. Suggests that the EW will try to scry those who the GW would not and those who are less “illustrious”, but then disregards this and all such theories as useless speculation. I believe her position on speculation does an about-face later on.

Post #58
States again that she imagines the EW would select wolves from those the GW would be unlikely to scry. Posts list of Likely Wolves. This is composed of Lalaith, Izzy, Aganzir (good call), Herself, Kitanna, Kath, Legate, Eonwe, Volo, Mormegil, and Lhuna. Her list of Likely Innocents: Lommy, TP, Diamond18, Macalaure, Rikae, Roa, Nilp, Brinn, Durelin.

Post #63
Says that Volo’s “we wolves” was probably a mistake and not a wolf slip. Fair enough.

Post #78
Now says it’s worthwhile to speculate regarding who would apply for Wizard positions, and who would be chosen as a wolf. Is this not a contradiction of what she said earlier in #51?

Post #96
Responds to Aganzir’s suspicion. Defends speculation again.

Post #101
THE Ka is at the top of Cailin’s suspect list, based on an unfortunate misquoting by Roa which Ka perpetuated. Cailin’s suspicion is understandable at this point, I suppose, as there is little else to go on in Day 1.

Post #105
This is the first post where anyone really goes after Nerwen. Cailin takes on Nerwen’s first post: “This is a very suspicious first post. Nerwen takes a long time to do nothing but criticise other people's ideas and post signs indicating potential wolvish behaviour. She's also giving wolves a nice guide on how not to act. I can't see what she hopes to achieve with this, other than to look helpful and serious in the eyes of the casual reader.” It seems a stretch to get all this out of Nerwen’s post.

Nerwen’s criticisms regarding methods of finding an EW or WW seemed legitimate to me, and not particularly long. Also, it seems like a gross misrepresentation on Cailin’s part to say that Nerwen’s guide to the behavior of werewolves is more helpful to the wolves than it is to the innocents.

Post #108
In response to Nerwen, states again that it’s unnecessary to state common wolf tactics, because we know them already.

Post #123
Dislikes Nerwen even more for voting her following their disagreement, but say that she’s still thinking about voting Ka for “carelessly copying Roa’s misquote” about her (Cailin). It seems to me that she’s fishing for a bandwagon, either Nerwen or Ka, but could care less which one goes down.

Post #127
Points out that TP seems to be playing the role of villager as a neutral one. Also suggests that TP might be a bluffing wizard, but doubts he is a wolf.

Post #165
Votes Nerwen here (beginning of Nerwen bandwagon), because she doesn’t have any other substantial suspicions. Restates her accusations from #105: Nerwen merely spends a long time criticizing others in order to gain a position on “the pedestal of sense.” THE Ka seems to have disappeared inexplicably from the suspicion-radar by this point…

Post #315
Analyzes Volo. No, that’s inaccurate. Really, she just sums up all his posts without actually interpreting them. A lot of work, but not much help. Trying to achieve a spot on the good old pedestal of sense? Also sums up Kitanna’s posts.

Apologizes to Nerwen, because she didn’t think everyone would follow her vote the way they did. She was flabbergasted, in fact. Oops.

Claims to have a “crackpot theory” regarding someone else who looks “mighty suspicious”, but won’t reveal it yet. Let’s see if she does!

Post #337
Acknowledges that there’s not much to gain from looking at Volo and Kitanna. Recommends that we ignore the Roa/TP fight, as they’re likely “two proud ordos going at it.”

Post #359
Suggests that sally is way to appease and make friends. Finds her suspicious for this, and, I think, legitimately points out that sally voted for TP the Day before, but is now joking about with him, which seems a curious switching of attitudes.

Post #371
Jumps on my statement that I think either Roa or TP is bad, and finds my reasoning odd. I didn’t actually give any reasoning, but she suggests possible reasons I might have, and which she finds unpersuasive. She makes me sound pretty bad, though. Maybe she really doesn’t want us inspecting Roa vs. TP. If the case, I doubt her motivation is good.

Post #412
Announces that Diamond seems less than innocent, and runs off to take a closer look.

Post #416
Can’t find a single interesting point that Diamond has made. I agree, actually. By this point, Diamond has been entertaining (keep it up!), but not especially helpful. Cailin thinks Diamond may be a baddie hiding in the open. I think this is legitimate.

Post #434
Not sure who to vote for, but is suspicious of Sally, Brinniel, Diamond, and me.

Post #466
Concedes that Ka’s accidental misquote may have been an honest mistake, but maintains that it’s not a bad cause for suspicion. I think she’s wrong about this; an accidental copying of a misquote is an awfully flimsy basis for a vote. Denies jumping on Nerwen, but I really don’t think you can describe the situation any other way. They definitely jumped on each other, though Nerwen’s post addressed multiple people, and only mentioned Cailin briefly.

Post #480
In response to Brinniel: says it would be as correct to say that she jumped on Nerwen as to say that Nerwen jumped on her. She’s right about this. Also, Cailin doesn’t like what she calls Brinniel’s single-mindedness regarding the who-jumped-on-whom issue.

Post #498
Creeped out by McCaber. Wants to keep Lalaith alive. Uneasy about TP. Curious about but hesitant to vote for Brinniel. Asks if anyone wants to vote for sally or me. Looks to me like she’s fishing for a bandwagon again. TP offers to take her up on the offer and vote for me (in post #504), but seems to think it’s not logistically feasible. McCaber suggests that it could be done.

Post #514
Wants to vote for me, because I’m creepier than the other candidates. I thought McCaber was the creepy one. Not anymore, I suppose, since he’s willing to support her anti-Gwath campaign.

Post #526
Cailin says: “Nay, I know people are watching. I'm testing to see if there is support. I don't want to throw away my vote.” I’m not sure who she means this is reference to.

Post #532
Disappointed that no one (i.e. not enough people to get one of us killed) wanted to vote against sally or gwath.

Post #537
Votes Aganzir. This is the final and deciding vote for Aganzir. If Cailin is a wolf, then she's likely voting off the Safe Votes For Wolves list (if it exists).

So, Cailin does some really bad stuff. She start the Nerwen bandwagon, bases her suspicion of Ka on a copying of an accidental misquote, makes weird apparent contradictions, seems to fish around for public support before voting, misrepresents aspects of Nerwen's posts, and vehemently wants us to not inspect the Roa/TP debate.

But she also casts the vote that gets Aganzir killed, which means that either she is a wolf who decided to risk sacrificing her fellow in order to build her own reputation, an innocent who made some mistakes early on, or a wolf who got scried over somewhere in between Nerwen's death and Aganzir's death.

I have to say that based on the frequently weak, exaggerated, or non-existent reasoning of her posts, coupled with her tendency to drop suspects once it's clear they won't be lynched, I really don't like the way Cailin looks right now. However, whether I vote her or not will depend largely on what happens toDay. I mean to take closer looks at legate and tp as well.

EDIT: Crossed with just about everyone. This beast of a post took me several hours, and I feel rather bad putting you all through it.

Last edited by Gwathagor; 06-06-2008 at 11:41 PM.
Gwathagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:40 PM   #642
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Ok, good luck darlings then.

And lynch Lommy. I'm so sure of her.

And see what's wrong with Legate and Brinn.
The wolf's final words.

For a moment I was trying to operate under the assumption that Leggie and Agan are communicating wolves, or at least they knew they were both wolves. Then I stumbled onto this post. I don't know what to make of it.

Agan posted this knowing she would be revealed as a wolf after she is lynched. Obviously her intent is to spread confusion, especially if the wolves do know each other. This would make, at first thinking, these people she mentioned innocent.

If the wolves don't know each other, that would make it a little more likely that she got at least one of them right, I mean a wolf.

But what if she posted this to protect at least one of them from lynching, who could be her fellow wolves? Because obviously, we wouldn't take what she said seriously because we now know she's a wolf. She tells us to look at them, and we would most likely think they're innocent.

I hope that made sense.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:46 PM   #643
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
That's a pretty damning analysis of Caillie, Gwath. I'm not sure what I'd think of it if I didn't already suspect Cailin (hey, I may use a joking tone, but milk curdling evil was not an understatement) but it is all very... confirmatory.

Kinda wish she's show her bones today and refute (not the least because I love a good refutation of a damning analysis) but even if she never does, I'm not adverse to the notion of lynching her.

One thing I wonder -- has Eomer been doing any posting for her? I know there was some kind of mention of him stepping to help in if she got too busy (or something) but I don't recall if he was going to announce this substitution or just post seamlessly. Just bringing it up because if it were so it might explain some inconsistencies or seeming differences in manner.

Ah, this brings back fond memories of Not-Cailin.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:48 PM   #644
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
But what if she posted this to protect at least one of them from lynching, who could be her fellow wolves? Because obviously, we wouldn't take what she said seriously because we now know she's a wolf. She tells us to look at them, and we would most likely think they're innocent.

I hope that made sense.
Well it makes sense to me. I've actually hypothesized as much in post 597 (which Lal cites as helpful and valid. I'm not sure whether to be flattered or insulted by this!)
Old 06-06-2008, 11:50 PM   #645
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Didn't Cailin hold on to her vote until the very end yesterDay? As well, was even wanting to bandwagon Gwath or others? I believe everyone knew she was holding on to it, I recall someone telling her to vote for Aganzir to save Mac from the chopping block.

This is just off the top of my head; but I'm heading away from the computer for a little bit. My elbow is killing me.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:53 PM   #646
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

She very easily could've posted what she did, because she knew we would analyze it; thus wasting time on potentially nothing.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:53 PM   #647
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

*sigh*

The case that I wrote up earlier... it's not here. I can't find it. My computer ate it!

But then I just refreshed my window, and I see that Gwath has made some of the very same points that I was wanting to! So that kind of saves me. (Gwath's post)

Real quick I'll add a couple things. I'm not quite sure how to say this, but....

Cailin acts in a way that reminds me of the way I'd act were I a WW a couple times, and she comes to judgements that I don't think she'd make as an innocent. It's hard to explain. It's just like everything she says just rings WW alarms for me.

Lommy, remember that WerePenguin game? Remember the way Boro and Ang set off my alarms from the get-go. That's how I'm feeling with Cailin.

Yes, yes, I know it's just "feelings" rather than hard evidence, but the fact is we are a bit short on hard evidence considering we don't know who the EW is and it is doubtful the WWs know the EW or even each other. Feelings are the best thing I have.

All right, anyway....

On Day 1, when discussing possible WW choices for the EW, she said this-
Quote:
Cailín: Beloved by all, unlikely to get lynched. Yea, I’d choose me.
Wow, did that ring alarms during my re-read! I think the EW did choose her. And this is one of those times where Cai does something exactly the way I would, as far as what I would say if I were her and was a WW.

And then yesterday- I know this is kind of lame, but...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cai
The phantom I am sort of uneasy with.
I just sort of have this feeling that if Cailin were truly innocent, she would be fine with me.

She's seen me operate plenty. And Eomer is right there with her, and he's seen me quite a bit as well. If she isn't sure of me I'd bet that he's busy whispering "tp's innocent" into her ear. I know that seems dumb, but that's just what I'm thinking.

And then she holds her vote later on Day 2 and starts shopping around to lynch someone else. Did she know that Agan was a WW? It's possible. But either way, it just doesn't seem like a Cailin move. I'd come out and ask "Hey, you guys wanna lynch so-and-so instead?" but it didn't feel right coming from Cailin.

And then Mac reveals, and she says "I suppose I should trust Mac", but then waits till 6:00 to vote. What was she waiting on? It takes less than 10 seconds to post "+ + Aganzir". You'd think she would've been in an outright panic if she was truly innocent! "Oh great! Mac's the Ranger! It's up to me! The deadline is almost here!"

Anyway, I'd really like to lynch her. This is the first time I've done multiple read-throughs on someone and gotten a consistent Wolfish feeling for them.

And to top it off, Cel had a "gut feeling" about Cailin yesterday. And you know- I think Cel has good instincts, and I think she is innocent in this game.

And then there's Brin, who I've been feeling as innocent for quite a while. She listed her prime suspects yesterday as Agan and Cailin. She was right once. I think she might be right again.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:54 PM   #648
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwath, on Cailin
She start the Nerwen bandwagon,
Small thing here: She technically didn't start the bandwagon: she voted for Nerwen first, without knowing what would happen afterwards. The bandwagon usually starts with the second voter.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:04 AM   #649
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Well well well.

Looks like Cailin has just been upgraded from milk curdling to soul curdling evil.

(I like to bring the dramatic terminology to the game.)

This is shaping up to be an interesting day.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:04 AM   #650
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
*sigh*

The case that I wrote up earlier... it's not here. I can't find it. My computer ate it!

But then I just refreshed my window, and I see that Gwath has made some of the very same points that I was wanting to! So that kind of saves me. (Gwath's post)

Real quick I'll add a couple things. I'm not quite sure how to say this, but....

Cailin acts in a way that reminds me of the way I'd act were I a WW a couple times, and she comes to judgements that I don't think she'd make as an innocent. It's hard to explain. It's just like everything she says just rings WW alarms for me.

Lommy, remember that WerePenguin game? Remember the way Boro and Ang set off my alarms from the get-go. That's how I'm feeling with Cailin.

Yes, yes, I know it's just "feelings" rather than hard evidence, but the fact is we are a bit short on hard evidence considering we don't know who the EW is and it is doubtful the WWs know the EW or even each other. Feelings are the best thing I have.

All right, anyway....

On Day 1, when discussing possible WW choices for the EW, she said this-

Wow, did that ring alarms during my re-read! I think the EW did choose her. And this is one of those times where Cai does something exactly the way I would, as far as what I would say if I were her and was a WW.

And then yesterday- I know this is kind of lame, but...

I just sort of have this feeling that if Cailin were truly innocent, she would be fine with me.

She's seen me operate plenty. And Eomer is right there with her, and he's seen me quite a bit as well. If she isn't sure of me I'd bet that he's busy whispering "tp's innocent" into her ear. I know that seems dumb, but that's just what I'm thinking.

And then she holds her vote later on Day 2 and starts shopping around to lynch someone else. Did she know that Agan was a WW? It's possible. But either way, it just doesn't seem like a Cailin move. I'd come out and ask "Hey, you guys wanna lynch so-and-so instead?" but it didn't feel right coming from Cailin.

And then Mac reveals, and she says "I suppose I should trust Mac", but then waits till 6:00 to vote. What was she waiting on? It takes less than 10 seconds to post "+ + Aganzir". You'd think she would've been in an outright panic if she was truly innocent! "Oh great! Mac's the Ranger! It's up to me! The deadline is almost here!"

Anyway, I'd really like to lynch her. This is the first time I've done multiple read-throughs on someone and gotten a consistent Wolfish feeling for them.

And to top it off, Cel had a "gut feeling" about Cailin yesterday. And you know- I think Cel has good instincts, and I think she is innocent in this game.

And then there's Brin, who I've been feeling as innocent for quite a while. She listed her prime suspects yesterday as Agan and Cailin. She was right once. I think she might be right again.
Something strikes me as odd here. I think it's Phantoms saying that "Hey, since I'm doing these things, I'm innocent, but since Cailin's doing these things, she's evil!" Kind of a double standard, if you ask me.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 06-07-2008 at 12:04 AM. Reason: X'd with Di
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 12:10 AM   #651
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Something strikes me as odd here. I think it's Phantoms saying that "Hey, since I'm doing these things, I'm innocent, but since Cailin's doing these things, she's evil!" Kind of a double standard, if you ask me.
There are some things that I do as an innocent that I can't see her doing. In such cases yes there is a double standard. But there is also a thing or two that she does that I also would want to do if I was a WW. That's not a double standard.

But now some good news! I turns out that I will be able to be around quite a bit tomorrow!

That means I don't have to stay up late tonight posting. So I'm going to go to bed and do most of my posting tomorrow late morning and early afternoon (between 4 & 9 GMT).

But a couple quick things, just so people know where I stand (I think people should always try to let everyone know where they stand)-

1) Sorry for suspecting you, Shasta. After my thorough read throughs I felt you rather innocent and I like the way you've been saying things today.

2) Lommy, unless turned last night, has got to be innocent.

3) I feel rather good about Legate, Brin, Celuin, and Rikae.

4) Cailin is bad.

5) I'm sleepy. Bed time. It's been a long week.

*falls asleep*
Old 06-07-2008, 12:12 AM   #652
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
I suggest we DON'T focus on Roa or tp. No wizard in her right mind would scry either of them, anyway.
I wouldn't count on that. A wizard may anticipate that others may ignore them thinking those two would draw too much attention to be scried...and scry them. And of course there's the possibility that one could be the actual EW. We shouldn't solely focus our attention on tp and Roa, but it's be a horrible horrible idea to disregard them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Could Ka have been unscried and then killed for knowing her fellows? Maybe the EW cut communication and Ka....well, why would she tell Agan she'd been unscried?
An interesting idea, but I don't think that's possible. While it's a good idea to keep unscrying in mind...I don't think it could've happened in the last two Nights. Why? Because I think if someone was unscryed we'd only have three wolves...and you need four for two kills. If there were only three wolves...then the second death would have to be from double scrying. But I doubt that's happened as the narrations hints that all kills were done by WWs...and I'm thinking there would be some kind of indication if someone was double scryed. (What does someone look like when they've died by too much magic?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond
But then, I STILL suspect Lommy of Wizardry. She could have sacrificed Agan, and Agan could be none the wiser about her actual role, thus rendering Agan's comment moot. Despite what TP says about the folly of the EW sacrificing wolves, we've seen it done successfully in the past and I wouldn't put it past Lommy to be going by that model.
I've been thinking about this possibility too. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see an EW Lommy sacrifice Aganzir by forcefully attacking her herself. At first appearance, it does make her look more innocent. And if it were so, I'm sure Agan-wolf wouldn't even know the main advocate of her lynching was the EW. Or maybe she did....and used her attacks against Lommy to make it look less likely the two were working together. I don't know...it's just a theory. But I'm starting to think that behind that sweet surface of Lommy, there might be something more sinister brewing. I need to have a better look at her posts before I dwell anymore on this, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
But there is someone that, in my multiple rereadings yesterday, I started to really not like very much. I'm sort of excited because it's my first halfway strong guilty feeling that I've gotten. Oh, sure, I have been uneasy about some, like Shasta, who I have actually reversed my opinion about, but this time I actually feel good about it.

Nope. Not telling who yet.
You know, that reminds someone else said something very similar to this yesterDay:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailin
I have one more, possibly crackpot, theory at the moment, but it's one of those that requires the day to play out; so I won't reveal it yet. Let's just say someone else is looking mighty suspicious to me today.
Did she actually reveal her theory? I'm not sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Legate has seemed to be jumpy, defensive, and frustrated quite a bit these 3 Days. As a Wolf, though, I seemed to recall him as slipping by unnoticed, playing things smoothly, avoiding arguments and playing nice. But my long-term memory is...very selective. And that was a good while ago, so many things could have changed.
Yes, that's what I remember too. Last time Legate acted this way, he turned out innocent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
I also definitely want to see some more action between him and Rikae. Who I agree is a bit different toDay. Something happen during the Night?
Something did happen...her husband was killed. Well, now we know what it takes to make Rikae aggressive. But was she in fact partially responsible for her loved one's death...that is something I do wonder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
Four Wolves (Aganzir died, and one was scried - I believe the plot mentions Mac dying at the hand of four wolves.)
Yes it does:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
The shapes of the four werewolves emerged from the darkness coming slowly towards him.
Anyways, four wolves are necessary for two kills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhuna
I wonder why we never thought that the division sign is more appropriate for making lynch votes.
Because none of us Americans (or at least me) have that symbol on our keyboard and we'd never vote on time. Just like we don't have any other fancy symbols which is why I type Eonwe not Eönwë, which originally caused all this confusion on whether he played WW before or not... *whines about American keyboards*

Quote:
By the by, a look at the posting counts surprised me. Shasta has the second most number of posts (behind, well do I even have to say?) yet I don't think he's garnered near the attention.

Hmmmm. I may have to break down and review his posts. Cheerful killer that he is.
Hey Di, how did you do that...check how much each member has posted in a thread? Six years on the Downs, and I've never known of that feature before...

Quote:
One thing I wonder -- has Eomer been doing any posting for her? I know there was some kind of mention of him stepping to help in if she got too busy (or something) but I don't recall if he was going to announce this substitution or just post seamlessly. Just bringing it up because if it were so it might explain some inconsistencies or seeming differences in manner.
I believe so. See here:
Quote:
I wish to point out that I've been misquoted twice now (due to a nameless possession this was not noted before).
And that nameless possession is what I'd guess to be the ghost of Eomer.

Call me crazy, but I really think we should not come around suspicions only on the assumption that two wolves may know each other. They could...but we can't know that for sure, so I just see it as faulty reasoning to say someone looks furry they look like they might be a wolf with someone else. Get what I'm saying?

I only skimmed through tp's analysis of Cailin, but I do want a better look later...
Old 06-07-2008, 12:22 AM   #653
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
Hey Di, how did you do that...check how much each member has posted in a thread? Six years on the Downs, and I've never known of that feature before...
Brinn, you go outside the thread, to Middle Earth Mirth, and click on the total number of posts for the thread (on the right).

This brings up that screenshot.

And if you want a list of a certain person's posts (all of 'em) you click on the number of posts they've made.

Makes reviewing a single person's posts, like, way easier, man.

Also, regarding nameless possession. I thought she meant that the quote in question did not have a name attached to it. Like the one I just did for you.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:31 AM   #654
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Brinn, you go outside the thread, to Middle Earth Mirth, and click on the total number of posts for the thread (on the right).
Okay, got that...thanks.

And I did at least know of the 'see all posts by that person' feature, thankfully.

Quote:
Also, regarding nameless possession. I thought she meant that the quote in question did not have a name attached to it. Like the one I just did for you.
Ah yeah, that could be so. I was probably just reading too much into that...
Old 06-07-2008, 12:35 AM   #655
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel
(What does someone look like when they've died by too much magic?)
I'm of the firm view that they explode.

I'm in agreement that Cailin, in light of Gwath's analysis (thanks by the way, Gwath), looks pretty bad. As does Legate still. Celuien and Lommy, I can't get a read on. I'll try them later, but.... it's late and I'm tired. I may lurk for a while, but I'm going to bed soon. Good night.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 12:47 AM   #656
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
And I did at least know of the 'see all posts by that person' feature, thankfully.
That was assures you only get Werewolf posts, which makes it even better than "all posts." Well do I remember doing analysis of players that way and cursing them every time they posted in a different thread. *shakes fist at Crazy Captions*

Speaking of that, I did look through all of Shasta's posts. He doesn't feel overtly suspicious to me, though he did seem to cling to only two suspects for a long time (Legate and phantom) before seeing fit to analyze McCaber and Gwath. I'm not sure that's suspicious, necessarily, but it bears keeping in mind. The thing that niggles at me is how much he's posted without saying anything overly controversial.

Maybe I'm just a controversy addict, but you know.

Okay. Right now, I've been engaging in long bouts of starting at my sleeping cats and any thinking about WW I've been doing has been punctuated by marveling at how cute they are and how good they make the act of sleeping appear. Merry is making whimpering noises in his sleep ZOMG I may die from such exposure to raw cuteness.

So this is likely my last post for tonight. zzzz
Old 06-07-2008, 01:39 AM   #657
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

What made you want to analyze Cailin, Gwath?

I echo the statement about american keyboards... no division sign.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:45 AM   #658
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
I'll let you lynch me if you guess which posts were Eomer's and which were mine.

No, seriously, since your assumptions about my playing style seem to be influencing your analysis (and I'm specifically addressing Phantom here), allow me to clear things up. The first Day most, but not all posts, were of my own making. Brinn guessed right at the meaning of the nameless possession and there were some other posts here and there that were not composed by yours truly. Day 2 was all Eomer - this is obviously going to lead to some contrast in style.

A more thorough response to Gwath is coming up.

It's because I'm really, really busy. I would have dropped out, but Eomer wanted to play pretty badly.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 03:00 AM   #659
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Well, I can't agree with all of phantom's reasonings behind his suspicion for Cailin. For one thing, I can't relate to (and therefore trust) his own personal experiences and feelings in previous games. But there is one really good point that he did bring up:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
That late in the Day, I don't know why she would take an extra moment to doubt him. And if she was uncertain, Mac's identity would surely be found out in the next Night or Day....so why take those critical minutes to think it over? She did vote Aganzir, but risking it only seconds before the deadline. I don't know...it's just in my opinion that when it's that close to deadline that you shouldn't hesitate to trust a claimed gifted...if he's lying, you'll know soon enough.

As for Rikae...her attitude has changed drastically toDay...much more aggressive. Though looking through posts, I did notice her attitude started to turn at the end of yesterDay. I really don't know what to think. An aggressive Rikae is more of a typical Rikae, though I think that applies when she's both an innocent and wolf. I'm actually starting to wonder if we should question when she was acting much more mellow and "less threatening." People noticed and commented on it...is it possible that people noticing a change in playing style would make an evil Rikae nervous and revert back to her old self?

It bugged me before, but I'm really starting to not like how McCaber is just popping in and out...voting with no explanation. He only has six posts and all of them are short. He says he doesn't have much time and even admits to flying under the radar:

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber
Well, I hate flying under the radar like this, but I'm running out of time toDay.
Okay, understandable you're short on time....but if you're absolutely unable to explain a vote when you make it, at least explain the next Day. Seriously, giving a reason should not take much time...unless you have to fabricate one. Just because someone is short on time doesn't mean they're not a wolf. In fact, a wolf short on time is the most dangerous kind because they can slip under the radar and milk the fact that they don't have much time. I know this because whenever I was a wolf, my teammates who lasted the longest were the ones least involved because they were lacking time. I wouldn't doubt that the EW has chosen to scry at least one infrequent poster.

The same could be said for anyone posting infrequently. But McCaber's the one who sticks out the most to me, mainly because he says the least in his posts and doesn't give any explanation.

Quote:
No, seriously, since your assumptions about my playing style seem to be influencing your analysis (and I'm specifically addressing Phantom here), allow me to clear things up. The first Day most, but not all posts, were of my own making. Brinn guessed right at the meaning of the nameless possession and there were some other posts here and there that were not composed by yours truly. Day 2 was all Eomer - this is obviously going to lead to some contrast in style.
This is interesting. I knew Eomer was making some posts (and yes, I can figure out a few), but I didn't realise how involved he really was. It's something I will have to take into consideration...and that's something phantom will have to do as he seems to base some of his suspicion on how Cailin normally acts...
Old 06-07-2008, 03:11 AM   #660
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Response to Gwathagor

From Eomer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
So, Cailin does some really bad stuff. She start the Nerwen bandwagon, bases her suspicion of Ka on a copying of an accidental misquote, makes weird apparent contradictions, seems to fish around for public support before voting, misrepresents aspects of Nerwen's posts, and vehemently wants us to not inspect the Roa/TP debate.

But she also casts the vote that gets Aganzir killed, which means that either she is a wolf who decided to risk sacrificing her fellow in order to build her own reputation, an innocent who made some mistakes early on, or a wolf who got scried over somewhere in between Nerwen's death and Aganzir's death.

I have to say that based on the frequently weak, exaggerated, or non-existent reasoning of her posts, coupled with her tendency to drop suspects once it's clear they won't be lynched, I really don't like the way Cailin looks right now. However, whether I vote her or not will depend largely on what happens toDay. I mean to take closer looks at legate and tp as well.

Ok.

I won't do a post-by-post riposte because it would be too long and no-one would read it. But I noticed a couple of little things you mention that seem pretty unfair to me (something about a contradiction in my first 4 posts? ) If I don't address something specific that you want, please remind me.

I think it was Lhuna who argued in my favour about your Nerwen ''bandwagon''. What I did had nothing to do with a bandwagon: I voted for someone with no votes who I found suspicious.

I really don't see what's hard to understand about that thing with The Ka. It's happened in games before: a lazy wolf, looking for a case to build, gathers together someone else's work and re-jigs it a bit. That's what I suspected. Roa mistakenly put my name atop a Celuien post, and The Ka copied Roa's post in talking about me, not the original. This looked like a lazy attempt to keep my name in the suspicion realm. I changed my mind after seeing Ka's response, which felt sincere to me.

I seem to fish around for public support? Yes, of course. I don't want to throw away my vote. Had I not done so yesterday Mac might have tied with Aganzir. It doesn't mean I drop my suspicions; it means that I must wait for another day. Gwath, the spin you put on what is basic voting tactics is remarkable.

As for misrepresenting Nerwen's post, I'm not sure I agree with that. What I will agree with is that I got it totally wrong. You say I managed to squeeze a lot from Nerwen's first post, but really I was looking for an archetypal first Wolf post. Nerwen's looked a likely one to me.

Vehemently want you to stop looking at Roa and the phantom? I simply said, in one line, not to focus on them. Your suggestion, Gwath, now that's misrepresentation!

Well, that's that. I'll look back to see if the phantom offered more.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:14 AM   #661
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
When I try to post, I am being forced to reply to Diamond´s last post. Technological weirdness. I´ve cut the quote, hope the post comes up ok.

I´ve continued to think about this order of wolves created business.
Here´s what I´ve come up with.
a. The EW wants to create new wolves, but at the same time she is trying to find the GW. So after Night One, when she creates her basic team, her picks are likely to be players she thinks might be the GW.
b. We know she hasn't found the GW yet because we have four wolves.
c. However, given a choice of candidates, she is also probably scrying people less likely to get lynched the next day. Because if a GW is lynched, she is revealed, the EW finds out anyway. And if her new wolf is lynched, well, she loses a wolf.

So bearing that in mind, I will go through the thread and list of players to see if I can come up with likely turned wolves.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:22 AM   #662
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Good morning, sweethearts - I got to post at last, after an hour of reading... So a couple of things I noticed as I read:

1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
I don't know what this might mean, but looking at the Day 1 record, Aganzir didn't have to vote Nerwen to save herself; Nerwen already had 5 votes to Aganzir's 4 before Aganzir voted. Is there another reason, maybe, that she voted Nerwen?
I don't think so. It was either that she feared that the ones who hadn't voted yet might vote for her, or that she wasn't quite on track of the tally - she might even have cross-posted with someone so the count might have been other whe she started posting. (Anyway I have no idea why I'm saying this, because it's probably quite useless speculation as we know the roles of both Agan and Nerwen...)

2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
If the wolves knew one another's identities, it's unlikely that Brinn or Legate are wolves. The problem is that that's wrongly phrased: it's unlikely that they were wolves on Day1.
I disagree. Even if the wolves knew one another's identities, I'd still think it quite probable there is a wolf among a bandwagon against a fellow.

3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilp
Le problem est a smart EW (or one who reads my posts) might use this information to this advantage . . . one of them, at least, could have been turned . .
I don't quite get this, dear son-in-law. Why say that?

4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp

She's seen me operate plenty. And Eomer is right there with her, and he's seen me quite a bit as well. If she isn't sure of me I'd bet that he's busy whispering "tp's innocent" into her ear.
I'm not sure, I might be just overreacting, but this clangs oddly with the same sort of "innocent = one who agrees with me" -attitude he (at least to my eye) seemed to perform yesterDay also.

5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp again
But a couple quick things, just so people know where I stand (I think people should always try to let everyone know where they stand)-
Sounds odd from a person who also said
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
But there is someone that, in my multiple rereadings yesterday, I started to really not like very much. I'm sort of excited because it's my first halfway strong guilty feeling that I've gotten. Oh, sure, I have been uneasy about some, like Shasta, who I have actually reversed my opinion about, but this time I actually feel good about it.

Nope. Not telling who yet.
What comes to the reason THE Ka was killed last Night, I guess it was because she looked innocent, was a traceless kill, and also is quite a sharp player.

As to who looks BAD. McCaber, Izzy (though she's been more active toDay.. has she?) and morm (on the two previous days his behaviour was mostly "drop in - vote Brinn - drop out") look somewhat sinister, but I'd wish to hear more about them before deciding anything on their innocence or guilt. McCaber at least doesn't look good.
tp I'm puzzled about (as ever) but he looks more guilty than innocent at the moment. I'm wary about Legate. Still watching Gwath.

Who looks GOOD at the moment? Brinn has been helpful and smart and looks genuine. I have a good feeling about Lhuna.

That's all for now, I'm off to have some breakfast. (Wait... it's past midday already... I started reading the thread almost two hours ago...)

EDIT: x-ed with Cailín and Lal
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 03:23 AM   #663
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well, that was pretty easy. I know you'll be offended by this, phantom, but I can just dismiss your post. By your standards it's pretty lame.

Eomer is here, occasionally whispering, more often typing, and he does not find you especially innocent. And yeah, he usually does. I like to keep you around because you're a good poster and an interesting villager, but it kind of hurts that you don't see me the same way.

One thing you pointed out: because of what you and Nogrod clarified on Day 2, I was fully aware I could vote on the hour exactly. At that time, with all the panic-posting, I needed a minute to really get my thoughts together. Yeah, it was obvious I had to vote for Aganzir but at the time I double-checked.

Besides, if I could take an extra second to tease Brinniel with one of these -- -- then I say it was worth it.

Well, I've defended myself. I didn't think it was difficult and I don't want to do anymore of it today. I want to assess other villagers later on.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:27 AM   #664
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Hey, fellas. Not much time, today is bad time-wise for me, but I hope to be here for the later part of the Day.

I skimmed the therad and then started to read it again, deeply, noting some things, marking down, you know the stuff, as I do. So here we go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond18 View Post
Oh, that's right, I had one thought lingering from yesterday. What the h is up with Aganzir's directions after she knew she was going to die? Like we're all going to rush to obey a Wolf? I'm beginning to think I'm not the only one on wax in this village.
I actually would think that this is of no value at all, and (only an opinion towards which I am leaning to) I will be inclined to think that what she said may likely have been false (i.e. that those she named would be innocentish, that is, it is not a double-frame). But that's just my opinion given the way she said it combined with what I'd imagine she could say etc. But in any case, I won't give that much weigth to her last words, as it may prove risky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
Lommy, the biggest problem I have with you analysis is that you have an assumption that, in my mind, is invalid. I don't think the EW would reveal the identity of the other wolves. It seems easier to have the wolves remain undected if they don't know each other.
Good point. I think so as well. However, as the Days pile up, is it possible that the Wolves at least get better ideas of each other? I'd think so. Unless the EW gives them completely free hand during the Days (as, we heard Roa, can be done with no problem), but even then they can get some knowledge by themselves - and there may be hints i.e. from picks they send to the EW if she ignores them (it may be either because she has better subjects to kill, but also because they picked a wolf)... I would say it this way: it IS possible that the Wolves - or some of them (there may be more trusted, less trusted, or given the length of their "work" there etc...) don't have any better knowledge of other wolves than the ordos, however, "statistically", so to say, or by average I think they should have at least some more knowledge than the others. But we can't say for certain, until we know who the EW is, etc.

Quote:
Also, I am somewhat surprised that an innocent Lommy would be allowed to live today. Isn't she a clear choice for a wolf kill, considering Agan's death makes her seem so innocent? IF she is innocent. If she is not, it's all so convenient. It's also convenient if she was innocent but instead of being mauled, was scried and converted to evil, because she was going to look so innocent today, due to actual innocence that no longer applies! *jabs finger in the air triumphantly*
That's actually good point and I thought about it already at Lommy's first posts yesterDay, as she did seem DIFFERENT to me. See, after her row with Aganzir yesterDay, unless it was two Wolves or something like that, it would make sense (or so I think) to get rid of her. Unless the Wolves wanted confusion... which is well possible... but still I would somewhat be inclined to the theory that they did not leave her alone, and that, because she wasn't killed, would mean that she was scried by the EW. That is supported by what I said, her post seems less ordolommish to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Di, cont'd
But then, I STILL suspect Lommy of Wizardry. She could have sacrificed Agan, and Agan could be none the wiser about her actual role, thus rendering Agan's comment moot. Despite what TP says about the folly of the EW sacrificing wolves, we've seen it done successfully in the past and I wouldn't put it past Lommy to be going by that model.
Hmm, that's also possible, but I in fact don't think Lommy a Wizard. That will be pretty odd, and I am not sure about the sacrificing Agan part, too. (If that becomes more of a subject, I may elaborate, but now I'm running out of time... shall just quickly finish the post and then go.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
I'll sniff at the Mac bandwaggon first. Akamaru!

Rarf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
I've barely skimmed what's been posted so far, but it looks like Rikae and Legate have started a little something. Don't do that! I'm feeling you both as rather innocent right now.
Oh yes, well, I was REALLY, REALLY tired back there But still I can't shake completely the somewhat bad gut feeling about Rikae, but if I were to take it seriously, I would have to look at her posts closely in particular. I may as well do as soon as I have time - not now.

Quote:
By the by, this is the second time Legate's gotten into it a bit with another player. And the last person he got on the bad side of was... dun dun... the ranger. Not looking so good, cousin. (Though I do like it when people lock horns, I'm jus' sayin'.)
Eee, don't forget it was first Mac who "got into it a bit" with me. Then, as you can see and as I said, I concluded from that that he may be a Gifted trying to lure me out as presumably a wolf, thus I thought he's gifted and tried to be shut up about him.

Anyway. I am finishing at post #609, don't have time to do anything more now, but I will continue (on where I ended) as soon as I am here. Requests, questions, write up, please, will reply when I'm back. Hope to be back in some six hours at most.

EDIT: Oh, just one thing I thought of. I realised it's actually a LOT easier for me to read the thread this Day. That would be in fact alarming - it may mean that we are really becoming smaller numbers in the way that it becomes apparent. But may be also just because Mr._____ is not trying as hard as before, or that I was here for the beginning of the Day, so I don't have to catch up on too much. Anyway, see ya.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 03:49 AM   #665
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Legate - not much time, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leggie (about Agan's last words)
I actually would think that this is of no value at all, and (only an opinion towards which I am leaning to) I will be inclined to think that what she said may likely have been false (i.e. that those she named would be innocentish, that is, it is not a double-frame). But that's just my opinion given the way she said it combined with what I'd imagine she could say etc. But in any case, I won't give that much weigth to her last words, as it may prove risky.
While I agree that we shouldn't give too much weight to Agan's last words as she most likely wanted to create confusion (in which she seems to have succeeded well enough... ), but the part I italicised (or whatever the verb is) made me raise an eyebrow. Of course if Legate is innocent he has a very good reason to suppose so. But if not - it's still no surprise he would say that. After all, he was one of those Agan mentioned. Don't know what to make of that, really...
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."

Last edited by A Little Green; 06-07-2008 at 05:42 AM. Reason: I somehow thought I might italicise (or whatever) a part of the post I quoted so I had to underline it instead.
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 04:06 AM   #666
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I've got to go out now, I'm going to go through the list of players when I get back, applying my criteria. I am quite excited about this theory of mine and I think it could be helpful.
I'm also going to re-read the post-DW discussion from last time when Roa talked about her strategy - to see if I can find something to back up my EW scrying theory.
Roa herself could tell us what she thinks (although in her current game incarnation she might be an untrustworthy source...)
Old 06-07-2008, 04:41 AM   #667
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
While I agree that we shouldn't give too much weight to Agan's last words as she most likely wanted to create confusion (in which she seems to have succeeded well enough... ), but the part I italicised (or whatever the verb is) made me raise an eyebrow. Of course if Legate is innocent he has a very good reason to suppose so. But if not - it's still no surprise he would say that. After all, he was one of those Agan mentioned. Don't know what to make of that, really...
That's similar to what I was about to say. I mean, of course Legate has to think everyone mentioned there is probably innocent when he's among them. Aganzir is too clever of a wolf to purposely give off a list of all innocents. Besides, I still don't think the wolves knew of each other...so she could easily just be throwing names in the air without meaning anything.

Anyways...my main reason for this post was to say I just realised I totally forgot about Lommy! I meant to look through her posts and do some analysing when I was writing my last post, but I guess it just completely slipped my mind. It's really late, so I don't have time to do it now...but I do intend to take a better look at her tomorrow. She seemed so innocentish to me at least on Day 1...but now I'm not so sure. And as pointed out, she could've easily started out innocent and have been scryed a wolf later on. As I said, I'll look at it tomorrow...

Good-night everyone. I'll be back in several hours.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:04 AM   #668
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Alright, I'm done being the "ultimate submarine." I guess my ex-girlfriend Agan being a werewolf is enough to bring back my focus.

Gwath and phantom - very interesting. Now I have to go back and read Cailin's posts again. I think you guys have something there.

Brin - you may be right about that. Agan and Lommy are shrewd enough to pull that sort of thing off and arrange it so that whoever survived yesterday would be relatively free of charge.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 06:24 AM   #669
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Ok, so it’s the weekend, and I’ve got time to be helpful. I’ve been thinking like a EW for the past hour or so, to try to catch wolves. It’s important to try to get one toDay, because if the wolves go up to five, it’s going to be hard to catch them all before they kill us.

Night one: three wolves, of which I am pretty sure Aganzir was one. (I don’t think she would have been scried because she was too close to being lynched both days) the two remaining wolves are what I refer to in the analysis as ‘original wolves.’
Night two: Wolf 3: we are looking for someone posting as innocent on Day One and as a wolf yesterDay and toDay.
Night three: Wolf 4 who is posting as a wolf for the first time toDay.

here’s the analysis. I include myself for the sake of fairness. My assessments of who would be an unlikely wizard are based on various things: RL situation (busy-ness), their WW experience/profile. It is of course not infallible.

Little Green, Not sure here. Clearly smart, but never played with her before so don’t know her WW profile.
Shastanis Althreduin, Not a particularly likely wizard so not a particularly likely scry, and feels quite innocent today.
Isabellkaya, could be ‘original’ wolf, but unlikely scry as not likely wizard
Thinlómien, likely wizard, thus likely scry. As I said before, feeling quite worried about her even before this analysis. And what her interaction with Aganzir reminds me of is the Roa/Valier thing last DW, when Valier went after Roa and continued to do so after she was guilty. Perhaps Lommy has been scried, and told to keep going after Aganzir.
Nilpaurion Felagund, confusion over start means unlikely wizard, thus unlikely scry. Could be original wolf
Eönwë, could be ‘original’ wolf, but unlikely scry as not likely wizard
Kath, I really don’t know about Kath – I never do. The ultimate submarine girl. I’d have wanted her for an original wolf if I was a EW, that’s for sure.
Satansaloser 2005 , could be ‘original’ wolf, but unlikely scry as not likely wizard (too busy)
Rikae, likely wizard, and very likely scry. Has slipped under radar
the phantom, likely wizard candidate, but very unlikely scry either night – too close to getting lynched
Diamond 18, a likely scry. However, she’s being very helpful today, so I’m inclined to think she’s not evil.
Cailín, I still think that she was innocent on the first day, but I think that although she’s currently protesting busy-ness, she’d definitely be seen as a potential wizard and so a very likely scry
Lhunardawen, Possible wizard, possible scry. But she feels quite innocent right now.
Durelin, She’s felt less guilty to me than she did last time I played with her (when I correctly guessed she was a wolf) but she could have been scried last night.
Roa_Aoife, Now, this is a puzzle. Unlike phantom, she hasn’t been a likely lynch candidate, so she could be someone a wizard would want to scry. Would she be a wizard twice in a row? If she’s innocent, why is she still alive?
Brinniel, likely scry – particularly for Night 3. but again, she’s been helpful all through the game and still seems helpful today, so I’m inclined to think her innocent.
Legate of Amon Lanc, likely wizard candidate, but unlikely scry - too many votes on Day 2 to be Night 3 wolf
Lalaith could be ‘original’ wolf, but unlikely scry as not likely wizard
Mormegil, normally I’d say a likely scry because likely wizard, but a wizard Morm would surely be more active so I’m not sure...
Celuien, could be ‘original’ wolf, but unlikely scry as not likely wizard
Gwathagor, Not sure here. Never played with him before so don’t know his WW profile. But I think his analysis of Cailin today is interesting and knowing her status would provide more info on Gwath.
McCaber, could be ‘original’ wolf, (in fact I suspect him of being so) but unlikely scry as not likely wizard.

So the upshot of this analysis is that there are a whole heap of people who could be original wolves. But if we focus on the new wolves, it gets easier.

I conclude that Cailin, Lommy, Rikae, Roa, Durelin are the most likely candidates for wolves 3 & 4. Little Green is also a possibility.
Old 06-07-2008, 06:25 AM   #670
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

One other thing:
Quote:
There were two fatal bandwaggons yesterDAY: The Agan one and the Mac one. Obviously, the Mac waggon is more suspicious, unless the Wolves were ordered to go after Agan (and yesterDAY would be a good time to do that, since they Dark Side already has 4 Wolves - they can afford to sacrifice one, and replace it the following NIGHT.)
Not sure about this, Nilp. Why would the EW sacrifice a wolf by ordering her wolves to go after her? She can’t guarantee that the villagers would be thrown off the scent re voting patterns, because most of us are assuming that the wolves don’t know each other’s identities anyway. They don’t need to yet, and they’re going to know about each other once the EW has gone.
It’s quite possible on the other hand that the EW herself might vote for a wolf to hide her own identity. Its my belief that she she’s hiding her own identity from her wolves – and she’s bound to have some wolves that are likely to be scried by the GW.
Old 06-07-2008, 06:30 AM   #671
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Joining the ranks of the triple posters....
the reason I spent so much time on this, is because the 'who was wolved when' method worked for me before - eventually, I managed to spot most of the wolves in the last DW game.
Not that I was listened to...sigh....
Di and Eomer will know what I'm talking about....
Old 06-07-2008, 06:41 AM   #672
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Lommy's points against me are taken out of thin air. It looks much more like a deliberate decision to start to suspect someone than actual suspicion because someone is suspicious - gradually switching from random IC reasons to gut feelings and then making my posts look suspicious.

Yes, I admit that I am suspicious of her because she is of me, but because I know I am innocent and her suspicion doesn't make sense (well and she hasn't been doing much else than accusing me so maybe it's understandable?).

I'm pretty positive Lommy isn't the EW though, she is too daring and suspicious to be that. I'd expect the EW to keep a bit lower profile and not looking so plain wolfish. A wolf with orders to create as much havoc and lynch as many innocents as possible, and maybe cover the EW & the other wolves' tracks. Just what I would have told Lommy if I had been the EW and picked her. Suits her nature well.

And good work Lommy, because I didn't even think you might be a wolf before you started accusing me.

I'm most probably going to vote for her today.

I've been re-reading the Lommy/Aganzir stuff and I find it quite interesting. At the risk of sounding stupid, I'm not quite sure why Aganzir got so many votes in the first 2 days. I mean, well done everyone with rounding on her, great result and all that! But I'm curious how we got there. I don't find what she posted all that suspicious.

Her argument against Lommy here looks good to me. Which raises doubts in my mind (which I know others among you already had) about Lommy's part in the lynching. I also don't understand why Lommy posted:

STOP TRUSTING MY JUDGEMENT ON AGANZIR!!!!!!!!!!

Or something similar. Weird thing to say. Very eager to direct the accusations but unwilling to take too much responsibility?

This often happens to those who bag a wolf, though. Instead of congratulations you get suspected!

That's why I'll be watching her. (Lommy will now also realise that her dynamic with Cailín has been altered due to the influence of Eomer, who ALWAYS suspects her. )
Old 06-07-2008, 06:50 AM   #673
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailín View Post
I'll let you lynch me if you guess which posts were Eomer's and which were mine.

A more thorough response to Gwath is coming up.

It's because I'm really, really busy. I would have dropped out, but Eomer wanted to play pretty badly.
Yegads. So it was my big bro who said 'Clever girl, always proud of her...'

I should have known.

Wait - what big bro? Father, why are you haunting this village?
Old 06-07-2008, 06:52 AM   #674
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
äääääääääääääääööööööööööööööööööööööööööö
Downloaded a program to do that even on my American keyboard.

Lalaith said I'm a very likely scry, and I agree. I'm sure the people who matter know what I am by now.I really am not this great player everybody thinks I am, and the fact that everybody thinks so makes me more prominent than I rightly should be. I would not give a role to me - you don't get the skill to match the hype - but I don't doubt I've been scried.

What else can I say? Oh, well, I'm not feeling any better about Legate. I had the feeling he was trying to impersonate a gifted the other day, for what it's worth.

Nilp said something about a "smart EW", but from what's been happenign so far, I daresay that is not the type of EW we have. Hear that, EW? I think you're dumb!
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 07:16 AM   #675
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lalaith, I think you over-estimate the powers of Roa, great though they may be. I'm not exactly startled she's still alive. Having said that, the thought did come to me today at lunch ''Fit aboot Roa?''

I'll have a look at her later. Busy now. Also want to get a feel on players I haven't yet considered, mostly because they've been too quite. Morm, Nilp, etc.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:20 AM   #676
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Pipe Ma belle-mère:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilp
Le problem est a smart EW (or one who reads my posts) might use this information to this advantage . . . one of them, at least, could have been turned . .
I don't quite get this, dear son-in-law. Why say that? (Greenie)
She quoted from post 590, where I repeated what I said yesterDAY: Agan might have voted for Nerwen, giving the Healer a two-vote lead, cos she feared that some of those who haven't voted yet (myself, Lhuna, and Kath) might show up and vote for her. Which, in light of my belief in communicating Wolves, makes Kath and Lhuna look innocent. However, the EW might have thought of this and turned at least one of them the following NIGHTs.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 06-07-2008 at 07:30 AM. Reason: formatting issues
Old 06-07-2008, 07:29 AM   #677
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Pipe Oh, snap.

The above post is Nilp's.

Toinx.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:30 AM   #678
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilp as Lhunardawen View Post
She quoted from post 590 , where I repeated what I said yesterDAY: Agan might have voted for Nerwen, giving the Healer a two-vote lead, cos she feared that some of those who haven't voted yet (myself, Lhuna, and Kath) might show up and vote for her. Which, in light of my belief in communicating Wolves, makes Kath and Lhuna look innocent. However, the EW might have thought of this and turned at least one of them the following NIGHTs.
But she didn't. He is a big lunkhead, and didn't think of doing that. *kicks the EW*

Still, Kath and Lhuna are both excellent choices for wolves. The EW may just want to go and change one of them toNight as a fourth wolf. I would very highly recommend it. Well, maybe not Lhuna, as she dislikes being a wolf, and so it's kind of mean to make her one - oh, yeah, though, this is the evil wizard we're talking about. So that kind of just sails right past "mean".
Old 06-07-2008, 07:32 AM   #679
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Wow, as if the game weren't complicated enough, we've got two people posting under the names of others. Good thing I'm not still using Mac's computer (amusing as that might be).
I'll go back to my previous post and change the quote attribution accordingly (before Cailin threatens to vote for me).
Old 06-07-2008, 08:13 AM   #680
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe Glad to be back.

Out-of-body experiences are plain weird.

Enedwaith, Rikae is just acting so differently from before. Reminds me of a certain Valier in another Wizard-infested village . . .
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote