The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2011, 01:52 PM   #241
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Now after all that writing, I can finally take a breath and decide what to think of Nog.

To add to the things above, he only "noticed" Lottie's "slip" after Shasta's analysis. And he was the last one to vote Lottie.

Despite that, he does not give me a bad gut-feeling, and at most of the time is quite reasonable.

Edit: xed with Nog. You're not the only one with a computer like that! (mine ate an extremely long post yesterday...)
Old 06-28-2011, 01:55 PM   #242
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oh right I can't remember playing with him before.... I dont'know who I will vote for yet. But time marches on and I suppose I can't drip around all day, I certainly agree with you about Nerwen, I have never ever been able to "read" her in were wolf. I don't like the non-votes (from anyone) but I realise she is a bit isolated by time zone. But when she is around she is very perceptive. However I she is like that as a wolf too. But my not trusting my judgement on something isn't enough. So not Nerwen.

I am not sure I am unsuspicious of Sally. not saying will vote her again but there is something peculiar with this Galadriel Loslote Sally triangle.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:01 PM   #243
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Crossed since Greenie.... Eomer ? Reasons? In her list she suspects him mainly due to something Lommie said. *wrinkles nose* Maybe she is anti knights errant. Or a throw away?

Old 06-28-2011, 02:08 PM   #244
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Galadriel, Kit, Mith, Sally (and anyone else happening to be around), a quick query: who are you thinking of voting toDay?
Kit or Galadriel.

Mith is strange, but maybe it's just my inability to read Mith.

*disapparates*
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:29 PM   #245
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

[QUOTE=Eomer of the Rohirrim;657707]The G55/ Loslote relationship is interesting.

I shouldn't let my suspicions of G55 conceal the likelihood that the evil Loslote voted for an innocent villager on Day One. So you've definitely got that going for you.

QUOTE]

Loslote didn't actually vote though did she? I can't see it and Nilp hasn't listed it. Not that I am not listed out atm. I may vote for the most annoying listmaker at the moment if you haven't gone definitively Greenie

Old 06-28-2011, 02:38 PM   #246
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
A few thing on the Lottie / Kit issue - and to answer some questions by G55.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
To add to the things above, he only "noticed" Lottie's "slip" after Shasta's analysis.
That's correct. As I have said earlier, I thought most of the suspicions on Lottie early on Day1 were more likely the normal "Lottie looks suspicious" -thing. Everyone who has played with her knows it how often she is lynched - or at least heavily suspected - on D1's, and thus only newbies and wolves wish to try to lynch her. But it was Shasta's post - or someone elses' (I don't remember whose) which stole my attention. And it was the quote where Lottie talked about not realising that Kit played.

But unlike some people have interpreted it here (even if I thought I made it quite clear yesterDay), it was not just or only that she said that she was unaware Kit was playing, but the added sentence. Let me quote it once more (bolding mine)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
Kit's post I saw and instantly "whaaaaaaat"ed because I forgot she was playing in this game. But I don't know how to read her yet, I just wanted to mention that.
So why did she feel the need to add that bolded part in the end?

Okay, I'm quoting myself from the last minutes of yesterDay now:
Quote:
Originally Posted by me on #162
why did you want to mention that in that special way, "just wanted to mention that"? Why did you want that - and to let us know you did want us to know that? To try to create a feeling there can't be anything between you two last Night?

I see no other option unless you give me one.
So even if I can see a point in what Nerwen says of Lottie possibly only playing the ignoramus-card as such, I still have a nagging feeling that it was not only that (especially looking at Kit's early posting toDay - after that she has changed her focus which would be a wise move from a wolf - but could be explained other ways as well... that's werewolf ). But the next thing I do is to check whether there were any suspicions made about Lottie and Kit being in cahoots or connected in some way that would have triggered the reaction from Lottie. If there is, I'm probably going to vote for Kit, if there isn't, I need to reconsider and try to find a more suspicious candidate.

About Kit's first posts still aka. why I thought them suspicious.

I think Lommy summed it up nicely in a post after mine:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
I have to agree though that when a wolf was lynched, it is rather funny to start eyeing those who lynched her suspiciously - it doesn't seem very much like innocent logic. I mean, an innocent would want to pose the question "did anybody try to defend/save Lottie?" first (I imagine), while a wolf is more likely to go down the "let's analyse the bandwagon" path because she doesn't have to figure out who's evil and who's not.
And I'm actually a bit confused if none had tried to look at that more obvious path... That will be my next task, if none beats me to it.

And G55, you say Kit was not doing what I said she was, as you were Kit's "first case" (and I think someone else commented on that as well, that she made other points as well). That's not the point. She did make a few short points on several people in her few first posts (before logging out for some time), but it was clear she had used all her energies going through the posts of two Lottie-lynchers (Lommy & Legate) which hardly seems the innocent's way of best using one's limited energies... And add to that that her analysis on Lommy looked like she was really hard trying to find something suspicious from there.

Okay. Enough of that now.

I'll take a short break and then delve into Kit / Lottie relationship (did anyone suggest something Lottie could have gotten jumpy?). And if in the meantime no one looks whether anyone tried to talk or vote Lottie off the noose, then I'll check that next.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:51 PM   #247
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

[QUOTE=Mithalwen;657770]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
The G55/ Loslote relationship is interesting.

I shouldn't let my suspicions of G55 conceal the likelihood that the evil Loslote voted for an innocent villager on Day One. So you've definitely got that going for you.

QUOTE]

Loslote didn't actually vote though did she? I can't see it and Nilp hasn't listed it. Not that I am not listed out atm. I may vote for the most annoying listmaker at the moment if you haven't gone definitively Greenie
You're...... right? I must have imagined something that didn't happen.

So G55 doesn't have the consolation of being voted for by the evil wolf.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:00 PM   #248
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Well she was talking about it alot - but no action. I thought I was going mad looking for it OK may be too late to worry about going mad...

Old 06-28-2011, 03:20 PM   #249
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Silmaril

Hello, Bikini Bottom. I bring you greetings from Apple World!

Reading through the thread (thankfully a short one) just reinforces my trust for Nog-kun and Lommy-chan. And my forehead crinkles at those who continue to analyse them.

A widdle weply before a more thorough perusal:
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
[ . . . ]....now that the wolves are down a pup, do you think they'll try to kill the ranger, or would they leave him/her alone? Killing the ranger could kill one of them as well, so I'm thinking we may see more random kills than attempts at slaying gifteds (or at least the ranger).
How can the baddies hunt the ranger? Hint drops, this early? Cos I'm sure you can't catch them just by their normal posting. (Eru knows I've tried, even in my baddie times.)

Maybe someone will just up and say, 'I'm the Ranger'? Or use strange icons in their posts?
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:20 PM   #250
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'll have to vote a bit early toDay (about 1.5 hour from now), and considering that during the last hour you get the most writing, I'll have to vote without that information (which may come in useful). Unless something happens while I'm still here to change my opinion, I'll be voting one of those in my Orange category.

Edit: xed with Nilp. *goes to read his post very carefully *
Old 06-28-2011, 03:29 PM   #251
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
How can the baddies hunt the ranger? Hint drops, this early? Cos I'm sure you can't catch them just by their normal posting. (Eru knows I've tried, even in my baddie times.)

Maybe someone will just up and say, 'I'm the Ranger'? Or use strange icons in their posts?
Agreed on your first paragraph. I don't really get your second. No sane Ranger will do that, as s/he is defenseless against the wolves. Will the Ranger hope that the wolves won't take xem seriously? Is it worth that risk?

You don't want the Ranger to do that, do you?...

Oh my. This post of yours slipped past my brain just like the others without leaving anything behind. *rereads very thoroughly* Still no impression on Nilp. I'll have to reread all your posts carefully before I go for toDay.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:31 PM   #252
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
A few notes from reading the thread.

It does look like Kit really was building mountains out of molehills with her cases against Sally and Bom. And later it seems she is actually saying that Bom is suspicious for real! That makes me suspect her a lot more.

On the other front, Lottie made both of her cases of not knowing Kit was playing before there were suspicions of the two being in cahoots (if there ever were ones), and basically before anyone had suspected herself the first time. Some had questioned Kit at that point though.

The way a known wolf Lottie tries to suspect G55 makes me think G55 more innocent than not.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:33 PM   #253
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Off to bed now so here are my thoughts for posterity.

G55 and Sally top two suspects. Both act suspiciously and defensively; G55 perhaps more so, independently, but Sally is incriminated by some of this behaviour. They are also the two top posters in the thread: it sometimes seems as though they're trying to drown out opposing voices by sheer volume of words.

Kitanna interests me but I lean toward giving her the benefit of the doubt. I certainly want to see the twain named above hanging from the gallows before Kit.

In the spirit of simplicity the Loslote voters are fine and probably innocent. Legate and Nogrod post well and sensibly. Lommy seems innocent to me, as does Greenie actually. Must be a family thing.

Everyone else worries me immensely - especially that tom-fool Nilpaurion. Trust him not, I say!
Old 06-28-2011, 03:35 PM   #254
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Eye Eh, I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Agreed on your first paragraph. I don't really get your second. No sane Ranger will do that, as s/he is defenseless against the wolves. Will the Ranger hope that the wolves won't take xem seriously? Is it worth that risk?

You don't want the Ranger to do that, do you?...

Oh my. This post of yours slipped past my brain just like the others without leaving anything behind. *rereads very thoroughly* Still no impression on Nilp. I'll have to reread all your posts carefully before I go for toDay.
This being 89th of its name, this has happened many times before, I assure you.

I've never done it myself (having lasted only a DAY as a Ranger, and never as a Hunter), but some do it because . . . I dunno. Something to reinforce a reveal (and ward off counter-reveals)? Something for smart Ordos to consider? (A risky proposition since there have also been instances, wow, of smart baddies.) In any case it has been done.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:47 PM   #255
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Back and reading.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:53 PM   #256
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
G55 and Sally top two suspects. Both act suspiciously and defensively; G55 perhaps more so, independently, but Sally is incriminated by some of this behaviour. They are also the two top posters in the thread: it sometimes seems as though they're trying to drown out opposing voices by sheer volume of words.
I never knew that the post count could be used as an accusation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
Everyone else worries me immensely - especially that tom-fool Nilpaurion. Trust him not, I say!
Agreed. I still can't classify him on my suspocion list (slippery him!), but I don't trust him. Neither do I trust you. >.<
Old 06-28-2011, 03:57 PM   #257
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal
So is she suspicious or isn't she? Despite that she's a "little suspicious", you try not to suspect her.
Yes exactly - my intuitive reaction is suspecting her, but my reason is telling me not to suspect her for the reasons I listed. Simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit
I went back to read it. I saw the word innocence bolded above the post and that clicked in my mind as Nog and Lottie were innocent to her. No, she doesn't actually say she thinks Lottie is innocent, but she also doesn't really say she thinks she guilty either in that post.
Remind me next time I won't try to phrase stuff creatively as it only creates chaos! The post was titled "innocence stock market" so it was about whose "share" = "innocence value" goes up (Nogrod's) or down (Lottie's). As in some finance stuff. Get it now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
EDIT: see - my post was an answer to Greenie's question, and it took me ten minutes to make this (PC jamming)- then I decided to make this edit amd in jammed again for the next ten minutes... I love this old PC!
Why don't you use your laptop???

Greenie's vote came totally out of the green. (Bad pun I know. )

edit: xed with G55
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:03 PM   #258
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Nice to see people have been busy with posting, even though it meant digging through several layers of posts for me to reach the present...

Generally, I am getting bad feeling about Eomer from his initial posts of this Day. He goes with this "merry-go-somethingsomething" attitude, sort of floating through the flow without raising too much controversy, notice, suspicion, or anything like that. A bit too careful for my taste and all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
It is interesting that Kit decided to concentrate her effort toDay (well, thus far) into close-reading those who got LottieWolf lynched. Now wolf-on-wolf votes do happen every now and then and I'm not suggesting some people should be made immune or putting them beyond suspicion just because they voted / lynched a wolf. But Kit's priorities look interesting: like she wishes to turn the discussion away form somewhere else?
Nog makes some sense here, although I don't think the "I didn't know Kit was playing" thing would be a thing for a Wolf to do. That would be really stupid, I mean. But it still makes me think of other possible things behind Kit's behavior, like her constant attacks on certain people (the sort of "zeal") and all that. I think it would be nice to reread her posts, if I have time to do that.

Also, her analysis of Mith is somewhat strange. It feels odd, this listing half of "nothing to say" posts, then saying all this stuff about "there being something fiendish" (not really specifying what?). She also seems to be "spreading the nets", so to say - with her general approach: first continuing in questioning G55, then Mith, then in the very same post saying that at least one Wolf might be a submarine...

I think I really should reread her posts, if I can.

Quote:
Because neither of us did it properly yesterDay. If all the Lottie-lynchers could just say "what Shasta said" and vote, my vote had to be explained, especially because I didn't comment too much on Lommy before.
"Neither of us" - speaking for both of ye, are you, G55? That smells fishy.

Quote:
Well, he forgot about a RPG a long time ago... *glares at Bom*

Actually that line makes me think of him as more ordo than not. If he was a wolf or gifted, would he really forget his responsibilities?
Now somewhat thinking the same about Bom, although of course nothing can be ruled out (and most of all, I dislike meta-reasoning, and as some people know very well, it can backfire very nastily).

I like it that Gal has accepted my colour-scheme, by the way

EDIT: intentionally x-ed since Nog on this page, I am losing focus with too many thoughts to process - going to continue further on in a separate post...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:05 PM   #259
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

After I asked Lottie about why she made the point of telling us she didn't know Kit was playing, she answered:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
Oh, that was about the first post I saw by her - I did a double-take when I realized she was playing. Thought I'd mention it in passing.
And Lottiewolf had done it two times already!

Now if this is not something very stupid by a werewolf (I think I remember some werewolves doing some such things as aiding to catch of their mates a few times *CoughGlirdanCough* ), then what a devillish plan is this? To cast Kit into a bad light - well why her? Because Sally is a wolf as well?

Okay, now my brain hurts as well.

Looking at the votes yesterDay it looks like all the votes made after Lottie came under some real scrutiny were given to her, except those of:
- Mith to Sally (put Sally in the lead with 2 votes)
- G55 to Lommy (a throw-out vote, when Lottie led 3-2 over Sally)
- Nilp to Nilp (a throw-out vote, when Lottie led 4-2 over Sally)

So? Blah...
Old 06-28-2011, 04:15 PM   #260
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Why don't you use your laptop???

edit: xed with G55
see post 240

Do try to keep up

Old 06-28-2011, 04:21 PM   #261
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
see post 240

Do try to keep up
If this was Facebook I would have pushed the "Like"-button...
Old 06-28-2011, 04:25 PM   #262
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Eye Nerwen: The not-so-wall post.

So I've decided to look at those I have no read on (Nerwen, G55, Sally, Bom) and started with the second-least poster of the quartet.

29: A Bom proby thing. It was the only in-game-like thing at that point.

190: Her explanation of 'why Shasta was killed'. Could be seen as a 'why we killed him' thing, but I suppose that were she evil could have gone with 'a good many players seemed ready to defend/suspect others at the drop of a hat.'

(Except that Shasta did that with Sally. Hmm.)

196: Seems assured of G55's innocence (by way of logic--twice.) A sensible argument.

208: First part analyses cursorily the Lottie-Kit dynamic (or lack thereof). I think she seems to see that there is one. Second part:
Quote:
It's just so hard not to think of getting the Seer as the lupine priority.
I agree.

211: Not terribly fond of the "good-votes-are-bad-ones" idea. (I agree with that sentiment--I generally trust the good-vote-people unless the Seer gainsays me or they do something 'Eh?'-like.) Although she adds some doubt of Lommy-chan and Nog-kun in her second paragraph. (But then she ends with a 'Nah, unlikely.')

Quote:
Back and reading.

CONCLUSIONS:
No vote DAY 1--well, she suffers from timezonitis like I do. Sensible and logical, which could go either way. Has been helpful in some points, which points to good.

Only think I can say is I won't vote for her toDAY.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:27 PM   #263
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Really if circumstances didn't make her look innocent, Lommie would look quite guilty! She has admitted her vote was lazy, she has done vague lists saying she can't get a handle on people and generally seems disconnected. Yet her vote pretty much clears her. Funny old game.

Old 06-28-2011, 04:31 PM   #264
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Umm. Anyone else think Lottie-Kit-Eomer is a possible combination?

I'm just thinking of Eomer's rather intense focus on Sally and G55 toDay; it looks sort of like he might be trying to steer the discussion away from Kit– and there's also the way he explains her "innocence" comment about Lommy at #218 and
#219. Now, I actually think, whatever Kit is, that the misinterpretation was quite genuine– but all the same this could be a wolf trying to help out a comrade.

Against this view is the fact that Eomer tends to be quite a single-minded sort of player anyway, and perhaps a bit of a "white knight".

Thoughts?

EDIT: X'd with a Nilp and a Mith.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:37 PM   #265
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay, not that much to process from the last few posts, or at least not anything that I feel needs to be replied right now. So I have reread Kit's posts. I think now in retrospect, her initial reaction to Sally ("I have to die...") really looks odd - it looks like jumping on the first chance to accuse somebody (Sally and Bom, in this case). Then again, the rest of her posts relating to that do not seem as bad, and might as well reflect her genuine thoughts - as in:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
Intentionally I was confused and suspicious that in her second post she said she'd have to withdraw on the 6th. It seemed too early and inappropriate for that. I outlined some of the ideas on had on the subject. I focused on Bom because he seemed eager to be rid of Sally, not because she was suspicious but because of what she had said.
I wonder what should be made of all this flip-flopping with "I suspect sally", next post: "maybe not", next post: "I vote her!" Anyway, since you said you suspected her still today, care to summarise once again what do you base your suspicion on, Kit?

However, in the end, Kit behaves quite systematically, I think - a lot like an ordo who had missed a big part of yesterDay and now is trying all possibilities to determine what to do. I would put her into my yellow zone or something, but she is not really that suspicious to go anywhere too deep.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 06-28-2011, 04:40 PM   #266
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Really if circumstances didn't make her look innocent, Lommie would look quite guilty! She has admitted her vote was lazy, she has done vague lists saying she can't get a handle on people and generally seems disconnected. Yet her vote pretty much clears her.
Not entirely. I've played in games where wolves quite accidentally Fenrissed a packmate (and then won as "known innocents"). Not that I'm getting any particular guilty vibes off Lommy right now– I'm just saying this as a caution.

EDIT:X'd with Legate.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:42 PM   #267
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I'm trying to get to sleep earlier than D1 as I need to wake up earlier.

So some exclusions to start with.

I'm very probably not going to vote (unless something major happens in the near future)

Lommy & Legate: they have been sensible, made good points and lynched Lottiewolf.
G55: Lottie's consistent suspicions on her on D1 would have been too daring to be a wolf-on-wolf.
Bom: His first post was a joke and I doubt a relatively-newbie wolf would be that uninterested...

Well, that's not much.

Probably not going to vote for Nerwen either. It makes me feel uneasy giving her this pass but I have no time to check her better - and she is a good one if a good one, if you know what I mean. So she's not one we should just try out having to just lynch a random person.

Also I'm not probably going to vote for Nilp as he's just too weird and thoughtful at the same time. It would require more to vote him.

I have some gut-based doubts about Greenie and Eomer.

I do think Sally or Kit could be a baddie, and there would be reasons to suspect both of them, but both of them are not wolves - or not probably.

Mith is the only one who could be said of trying to steer the vote in the direction of saving Lottie. Actually she made her vote a bit early - a relative concept - which could be seen as trying to steer the vote if she is a wolf as there were four people with one vote at that time and Lottie had just started to gather suspicion. Also she made the vote but still stayed around, like she thought the early timing was important? After all I can't recall (or imagine) her (or anyone) being so sure of the vote on D1 that it could be cast that way and then stay around looking at the outcome...

Hmmph.

EDIT: Whoops! X'd with a host of posts...
Old 06-28-2011, 04:47 PM   #268
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
see post 240

Do try to keep up
Hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Umm. Anyone else think Lottie-Kit-Eomer is a possible combination?

I'm just thinking of Eomer's rather intense focus on Sally and G55 toDay; it looks sort of like he might be trying to steer the discussion away from Kit– and there's also the way he explains her "innocence" comment about Lommy at #218 and
#219. Now, I actually think, whatever Kit is, that the misinterpretation was quite genuine– but all the same this could be a wolf trying to help out a comrade.

Against this view is the fact that Eomer tends to be quite a single-minded sort of player anyway, and perhaps a bit of a "white knight".

Thoughts?
I would say it's possible, but one thing makes me wonder: after Eomer defended Kitanna he clarified he's not defending her and I really started to wonder if a wolf would intentionally draw attention to his defense of a fellow by saying something like that...

edit: xed with Nerwie and Noggie
Old 06-28-2011, 04:55 PM   #269
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I'm getting strange vibes from Nerwen. She seems to be playing very very carefully, avoiding too blunt statements one way or the other and sort of hovering around the edges of the village and voicing suspicion for different people and then always disappearing back to the shadows... or that's the mental image I get.

Currently contemplationg going to bed and thinking of voting Kit (like I said, the suspicious thing is that her mindset seems more wolvish than innocent if I try to read between the lines). My other options are Nerwen and Mith, but I have even less "evidence" against them than against Kit, plus somehow Mith started to look better and the only thing I really have against Nerwen is that she's too careful and a little creepy.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:57 PM   #270
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Nogrod, you of all people should know how I feel about last minute voting. I don't call half an hour before deadline early. Better to steer where you believe someone guilty than follow ....

Anyway the indisposition of last night means I am tired now ... same vote, same reasons - generally all over the place.

++Satansaloser

Old 06-28-2011, 04:59 PM   #271
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Bom Tombadillo has just left Hobbiton.
Argh. No new developments that I've really noticed - I didn't have a chance to start my read-through at the time I planned and so had to do a rather rushed and still not-quite-complete one - just considering of Day One suspicions. Honestly, if I'm going to be this bad about time I should just drop out or something . Anyway, throwaway vote:

++Kitanna

x'ed with Mithalwen.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:00 PM   #272
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I'm getting strange vibes from Nerwen. She seems to be playing very very carefully, avoiding too blunt statements one way or the other and sort of hovering around the edges of the village and voicing suspicion for different people and then always disappearing back to the shadows... or that's the mental image I get.
I like it!

Seriously... I've just got a bit too much on my plate IRL right now.

EDIT:X'd with Bom.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:01 PM   #273
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Anyway, since you said you suspected her still today, care to summarise once again what do you base your suspicion on, Kit?
Sally has provided a convenient "ordo reveal" on Day 1 with ten days until she actually would have to withdraw. She became terrified of Galadriel's defense of her, using the words "scarily supportive" and this stance has been kept up into the beginning of Day 2. She took more effort to try to push a seemingly harmless remark away than Galadriel did in making it. She has hidden behind jokes and ramblings while attacking mostly those who have questioned her or defended her. Since my second post I said I didn't trust her and I didn't flipflop about that. True, I found Bom more suspicious at first, but he completely stopped talking, Sally didn't. And with every post I doubted her more and more.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:03 PM   #274
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
"Neither of us" - speaking for both of ye, are you, G55? That smells fishy.
Sally already went ahead and explained hers before I did. She said herself that she wanted to clarify her vote toDay (in her first post toDay). If she thinks her vote should be explained - that's her choice.

Anyways, time to vote really soon for me. Bom still hasn't made his promised appearance.

I will probably be voting for Kit. She's the highest on my suspect list up to now.

Edit: xed since Lommy. You have come, Bom!
Old 06-28-2011, 05:04 PM   #275
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Welcome back, Mr Tombadillo!

For good or ill, I'd hardly call that a throwaway. You've surely noticed others are considering voting Kitanna?

EDIT:X'd with Kit and G55.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:04 PM   #276
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

A short list...

GREEN ZONE
Nogrod - looks fine this far.
Lommy - not really any change from what I have said about her before. Looks fine to me, and the Lottie-lynch still clears her more or less, I'd say.
Nerwen - seems genuine with her posting (ai, ai. This does not look good.)

YELLOW ZONE
Kitanna - what I said above. Not too suspicious after all after reread.
Sally - not enough data right now, I'm afraid.
Nilp - looks more or less okay, the only thing that made me suspect him for a brief moment was the sort of "exchange" with Gal (but it was more like from Gal's part) with her merrily commenting on his posts and concluding that she cannot say anything about him (as in: "We've had a nice chat at Night, but should not continue in daylight."). Otherwise, no problem except for him calling Nogrod "kun" (reminds me of the old saying "If you call a whale 'little one', you probably have a 'big' problem." Or: dear students, please bear in mind that there's a difference between 'kun' and 'Exar Kun'.)
Greenie - there aren't too many of her posts, or not too much she has to say, but I don't see anything particularly eyebrow-rising nor anything particularly obviously-innocentish.
Mithalwen - is totally under the radar now. Like totally. Almost would make it back into the "reset" and grey zone. I should watch her from now on, but I think the problem is that there is veeery little to see even then, looking at her posts.

ORANGE ZONE
G55 - now with questionmarks hovering over her, moving her into the orange zone.
Eomer - actually now I am rather wary of him, like I said above. Is one of those I might vote for toDay.

RED ZONE
vacant right now, but waiting for some good candidates from the above

GREY ZONE
Bom - so, shall there be input?

EDIT: x-ed with a host of votes!!!
Old 06-28-2011, 05:04 PM   #277
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

If Lottie's behaviour in certain respects had anything to do with Kit being her mate... like she said it twice and defended by saying she just thought to mention that in passing... An odd kind of random behaviour by Lottie (possible), a bad way of trying to disengage herself with Kit-mate (possible), a complex master-plan trying to make Kit suspicious in case at the later time Lottie would be lynched (very improbable)...

Kit has made some real effort, but some major parts of it look suspicious: like suspecting Sally & Bom for real on D1 because of those early posts (and insisting on them), or using most of her energies toDay in hunting the wolf-lynchers...

I mean Sally looks somewhat suspicious, but not on the basis of her early posts of D1.

Mith is the only person one could say might have tried to sway the voting away from Lottie yesterDay - and doing it in time as to not rouse too many suspicions.

That's where I think my vote would stem from. Soonish, as I really have to get to sleep (2AM and wake-up at 8AM).

EDIT: Blah, X'd with a host again...
Old 06-28-2011, 05:05 PM   #278
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Welcome back, Mr Tombadillo!

For good or ill, I'd hardly call that a throwaway. You've surely noticed others are considering voting Kitanna?
I was going to call him a liar...but ya know. Your way sounds better.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:09 PM   #279
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
I like it!
Creepy, says I. (See above.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
Sally has provided a convenient "ordo reveal" on Day 1 with ten days until she actually would have to withdraw. She became terrified of Galadriel's defense of her, using the words "scarily supportive" and this stance has been kept up into the beginning of Day 2. She took more effort to try to push a seemingly harmless remark away than Galadriel did in making it. She has hidden behind jokes and ramblings while attacking mostly those who have questioned her or defended her. Since my second post I said I didn't trust her and I didn't flipflop about that. True, I found Bom more suspicious at first, but he completely stopped talking, Sally didn't. And with every post I doubted her more and more.
Okay, fair enough. Thanks for the summary.

Mith now starts to raise my attention, seriously, also with her vote. What is the tally now? I wonder if it's a throwaway or whatever...
Old 06-28-2011, 05:11 PM   #280
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Bom Tombadillo has just left Hobbiton.
Waiiiiit . . . 6:00 my time ISN'T the DL? Bugger. I honestly thought I had to vote by then . . . sorry, Kitanna.