The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2003, 01:38 PM   #1
Eruantalon
Wight

Eruantalon has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eruantalon
Question Favorite part or parts of T T T

Mines is when Gandalf rides into Helms deep. It always gives me goosebumps. He brings that powerfull light of dawn in with him. Its a beautifull scence as he rides into the battle covered in white light. It so good I've watch it about ten times since the movies out now.<P>The orther part is when Frodo say "What about sam. Frodo couldn't have gotten far with out him."<P>Call me sentimental but thats so touching. The two poor hobbits trying so hard to get through it.<P>So anyone have there favorite scene?<p>[ August 31, 2003: Message edited by: Eruantalon ]
Old 08-31-2003, 01:47 PM   #2
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> The orther part is when Frodo say "What about sam. Frodo couldn't have gotten far with out him."<BR>--<BR>Call me sentimental but thats so touching. The two poor hobbits trying so hard to get through it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Mmm... That's my favorite scene, too. Frodo's all angry and distant throughout the whole movie, and in that scene it's almost like he's back to normal. *sighs* So sweet...and touching...and...Awwww.<P>I love the Po-ta-toes scene too, but then again who doesn't?
Old 08-31-2003, 03:11 PM   #3
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I love the Po-ta-toes scene too, but then again who doesn't? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Me <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Mines is when Gandalf rides into Helms deep. It always gives me goosebumps. He brings that powerfull light of dawn in with him. Its a beautifull scence as he rides into the battle covered in white light. It so good I've watch it about ten times since the movies out now. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>One of my favourite parts also.<P>I love the meeting between the three and Eomer, as well as the Faramir parts at Henneth Annun. I feel quite sorry for him. It must be hard to lose a brother like Boromir. I would be lost without him.
Old 08-31-2003, 04:39 PM   #4
Dynaviir
Wight

Dynaviir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I loved the scene in the previews of the Extended Edition, with Faramir, Boromir and Denethor. There's one line that really stuck with me:<P>"He loves you, father!"<P>That was really sweet. I was really glad to see a moment like that included in n_n<P>One of the main reasons I didn't like TTT much as a film was because of the lack of real character scenes. There's some development, but mostly it's all action. But I am looking forward to the Extended Edition <I>very</I> much, it should be much more cheery and emotional n_n.<P>Well.. let's see. I like the Po-Ta-Toes scene, and all of the Samwise scenes where he tries to help Frodo. I love it when Frodo snaps at Sam about Gollum too. And Frodo attempting to stab Sam is great! That was really touching for me, seeing how confused and upset Sam was. I felt so sorry for him.
Old 08-31-2003, 08:09 PM   #5
Eruantalon
Wight

Sting

I almost forgot one Sams big speach when he save Frodo from the Raith.<P>Its so good and I actualy agree with that philosphy for life as well.<P>"Theres some good in the world thats worth fighting for Mr Frodo."<P>I don't think there filthly little hobbitses at all. I think there quit profound. But there vary small so they must be right. LOL
Old 08-31-2003, 08:22 PM   #6
Arwen Eruantale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arwen Eruantale has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Arwen Eruantale
Silmaril

I really liked the last hour the most. The battle of Helms Deep was awesome. I love the way the "troops" mix when they meet at the bottom of the hill upon Gandalf's arrival with Eomer. Like waves crashing against eachother...<P>And the part with Frodo (and Sam) after "They're here." That scene was great.<P>I am finding that I actually (*ducks to avoid flying to-ma-TOES*) <I>like</I> Faramir more with each viewing. I can't wait for the EE with the flashbacks, that will make it much better. Sean Bean is a great actor.<P>And I liked the part with Frodo at the end too. Nearly all Frodo's parts except that one made me sad. He changed quicker than I thought he would in the second movie. <BR>I got so mad the first time I saw him petting the Ring. And I still think: <I>"That's not supposed to happen to the good guy!"</I> every time I see it. But I'm sure it all works out in the end, I think that's what we're supposed to think anyway. <P>For anyone who's read the <I>Venus Prime</I> series, it reminded me of Sparta's encounters with Striaphan...

Will you pay attention?
Old 08-31-2003, 08:53 PM   #7
Alatáriël Lossëhelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatáriël Lossëhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>"He loves you, father!"<P>That was really sweet. I was really glad to see a moment like that included in.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Unfortunately, Denethor's response to Boromir's statement is: "Do not trouble me with Faramir. I know his uses and they are few."<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I am finding that I actually (*ducks to avoid flying to-ma-TOES*) like Faramir more with each viewing. I can't wait for the EE with the flashbacks, that will make it much better. Sean Bean is a great actor.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The first time I saw TTT I was so upset with Faramir's character that it almost spoiled the rest of the movie for me. But I wound up seeing it 16 times in the theatre, and I also like his character much more now. I, too, am looking forward with great anticipation to the extended version. If it's like the EE of FotR, there will be many moments that develop and expand the relationships between characters, which is really the heart of the story. The action sequences and battle scenes are exciting and enjoyable to watch, but it's the characters and their relationships with one another that have readers and moviegoers coming back again and again.<p>[ August 31, 2003: Message edited by: Alatáriël ]
Old 09-01-2003, 01:28 AM   #8
Maéglin
Haunting Spirit

Maéglin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Remember today little brother, today life is good<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>This is from the Extended version preview, in Osgiliath where they are celebrating the retaking of the city. Anything with Boromir and Faramir is just very nicely done- they are very brotherly <P>And the scenes with Eowyn and Aragorn are very good although somewhat drifted away from the book. It really seems like they are a better couple than Aragorn and Arwen...<P>The charge of Gandalf and Eomer was nice but after several viewings, (you can see an orc head rolling in slow motion if youre quick ) i thought it was a bit far-fetched.. did anyone notice if ANY of Eomer's cavalry get slain when they took the orc spearwall head on? lol<p>[ September 01, 2003: Message edited by: Maéglin ]
Old 09-01-2003, 04:25 AM   #9
Elentári
Wight

Elentári has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Cheese, Alatariel, 16 times???!!! I saw it three times...<BR>And about Faramir, the first time I was so annoyed it <I>did</I> spoil the rest for me. I hardly noticed the rest of it!<BR>I liked all the things with Éowyn, I thought she was wonderful. She really brought the character to life for me- I had never understood her in the book.<BR>I also like the bit where Frodo goes 'They're here, they've come' (or something like that, I don't have the DVD...I'm getting the EE, so I'm relying on my next door neighbour to get this version so I can watch it!)
Old 09-01-2003, 05:11 AM   #10
Maéglin
Haunting Spirit

Maéglin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The part where Frodo says "They're here" (about the Nazgul Winged Rider), he has a very strange expression on his face, as if he's drunk or something Just something i found funny hehehe
Old 09-01-2003, 07:19 AM   #11
Lord of Angmar
Tyrannus Incorporalis

Lord of Angmar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The entire scene on the Dead Marshes was one of my personal favorites from The Two Towers. Also, the first scene, the shot of Gandalf and the Balrog falling into the chasm of water, with the operatic music in the background, was one of my absolute favorites, and I look forward to seeing it again on the big screen (when the Extended Editions are released in theaters).
Old 09-01-2003, 08:46 AM   #12
Aethelwine
Wight

Location: In Anórien, just outside Edoras, on a horse I "borrowed"...
Aethelwine has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

What I really love about TTT are the parts in Rohan. I really love the way they made Eowyn come to live (<---see avatar ~_^). Especially the scene where Eowyn is mourning about Theodreds dead, with the violin, and the banner that's ripped off, and then Aragorn sees it... *deep sigh* I love it!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR><BR>I almost forgot one Sams big speach when he save Frodo from the Raith.<BR>Its so good and I actualy agree with that philosphy for life as well.<P>"Theres some good in the world thats worth fighting for Mr Frodo."<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I really like that one to. It's so sweet, and so full of the truth... <P>I always was REALLY anoyed by Faramir. But I find that now, after I saw what we're gonna get on the EE, I can see why they made his part the way they did. So sweet, and yet so sad!<P>I can't wait till the EE is out!<P>Aethelwine.
Old 09-01-2003, 09:24 AM   #13
The_Hand
Haunting Spirit

The_Hand has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

What I really love... my favorite sceen of them all in TTT is when Eomer meets Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli for the first time. It's just like the book and just like I dreamt it would be! We see for the first time that Legolas and Gimli are really becoming friend... after being so hostile in FOTR. I just love it!
Old 09-01-2003, 10:17 AM   #14
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dûm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Shield

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> One of the main reasons I didn't like TTT much as a film was because of the lack of real character scenes. There's some development, but mostly it's all action. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That's why a lot of my favorite parts are with Merry and Pippin. I think you saw then develop the most, especially Pippin. I liked how, despite Grishnakh wanting to eat them instead of get the Ring from them, they still had Pippin cut the bonds like he did in the book. Just little things like that showed how he was learning that he couldn't always depend on Merry.
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
Old 09-01-2003, 01:50 PM   #15
Carromeniel

Tolkien

My favorite scenes are the ones at Helm's Deep. I love the fighting!

Old 09-01-2003, 07:25 PM   #16
Eruantalon
Wight

Thumbs up

I can't belive that I forgot about the Belrog scene!!<P>Gandalfs scenes tend to be the grandest from a cinamatic perspective. But the dead marshes is great. Another goosebump scene when you see the Raith flying on his hidious winged terror. Quit scary and it really brings home the fact that THERE REALLY REALLY EVIL!!!
Old 09-01-2003, 07:31 PM   #17
Grimbold
Haunting Spirit

Grimbold has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I agree with Eruantalon. When Gandalf charges into Helm's Deep with Eomer's horsemen, I get a little misty-eyed and tight in the throat. It's a really emotional and dramatic moment! The Orcs get hit with the light, and then the White Rider is upon them. Gets me every time! Those charges get me choked up, like when Theoden charges out of the Keep, and when Theoden charges at the Wargs. I can't explain it!
Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountains. Like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the west. Behind the hills, into shadow.
How did it come to this?
Old 09-01-2003, 07:46 PM   #18
Arwen Eruantale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

I forgot about the Balrog scene at the beginning as well. That fight was awesome.<P>And *kicking myself* I forgot about Sam's speech at the end. I love that scene.

Will you pay attention?
Old 09-01-2003, 10:40 PM   #19
Alatáriël Lossëhelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatáriël Lossëhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Cheese, Alatariel, 16 times???!!! I saw it three times...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><B>Elentári:</B> Hey, what can I say...I liked it! It was playing at a local theatre thru mid-April (matinee prices every weekend), and then at the dollar movies thru mid-June. So I really only had to wait a couple of months before the dvd was released.<P>I liked all the scenes with Frodo and Sam. I'm really looking forward to the EE for the scenes of the rope climbing & the escape from Osgiliath, and hopefully additional footage for some others..specifically the 'stewed rabbit' & the 'inside Henneth Annûn' scenes.
Old 09-06-2003, 05:35 PM   #20
Eruantalon
Wight

Sting

Hummm<P><BR>so many good scenes.<P><BR><B>Now since everyone who was interested in this subject tell me</B><P>Whats your least favorite scene. The one that makes you cringe.<P>Personaly its when you see Treebeard enter into the clearing and you realize theres a rock in the center. I couldn't belive it was already time for Entmoot.<P>I can't belive they cut so much out of that part. The Ents and what goes on are some of my vary favorite stuff in the books.<P>I know I know time. But they could have atleast given us Silver beam the hasty Ent. Some thing a little more than they gave us. Just more than what they gave.<P>We'll I haven't seen the DVD yet. Maybe my hopes will be realized.
Old 09-06-2003, 05:42 PM   #21
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I thought it was Quikbeam? Oh well, doesn't matter. I think there's already a thread on least favorite parts, though. Actually I think I might've started one a while ago (but I can't remember for sure).
Old 09-22-2003, 04:20 PM   #22
Rosamunda Tussle

Sting

Didn't like watching Gollum biting the rabbits heads off although did enjoy the rest of the Potatoes scene, Frodo saying he'd not get far without Sam and I know people have ranted about the Gimli = short comments, but I was amused when Legolas asked if he should describe the battle of Helms Deep to him or get him a box to stand on.

Old 09-22-2003, 06:11 PM   #23
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>quote:<BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>I am finding that I actually (*ducks to avoid flying to-ma-TOES*) like Faramir more with each viewing. I can't wait for the EE with the flashbacks, that will make it much better. Sean Bean is a great actor.<BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<P>The first time I saw TTT I was so upset with Faramir's character that it almost spoiled the rest of the movie for me. But I wound up seeing it 16 times in the theatre, and I also like his character much more now.<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>NOW THAT'S THE SPIRIT! We all have to think of movie Faramir, not as a different Faramir, but as a different TRANSLATION of Faramir. And you'll all see. When those extended scenes are released we'll see Faramir for who he really is.<P>Anyway.....<BR>I liked just about the whole movie. Here are some of my favorite parts:<P>Anything with the Hobbits. My favorite race is hobbits so I enjoy every minite they're on screan. I especially enjoyed Stewed Herbs and Rabbits because I had prayed so much that they would keep it in the movie. I also loved Frodo and Sam's conversation at the end. When I heard that I forgave PJ for every change in the movie.<P>When the Ents are marching off to Isenguard. Just the way the camera pans across the scene and the way the music swells sends chills down my spine.<P>In fact, the soundtrack is so beautifull that I can't imagine the movie without it. It's almost half of the experiance.
Old 09-22-2003, 06:59 PM   #24
Arwen Eruantale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Frodo and Sam's conversation at the end. When I heard that I forgave PJ for every change in the movie.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yup, Rose. That's just about how it was for me.

Will you pay attention?
Old 09-23-2003, 10:45 AM   #25
samrohan
Wight

samrohan has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The moments leading to the battle at Helm's Deep when the Orc is grunting and the old dude lets the arrow fly...
Old 09-23-2003, 03:05 PM   #26
Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess
Haunting Spirit

Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess
Eye

i have SOOO many favorite parts in the two towers but one of my favorite parts is when legolas is goin down the stairs at helms deep and also when he and aragorn are standing on the wall and the lightning flashes and it shows legolas's eyes but i guess the whole secene at helms deep is my favorite
Old 10-02-2003, 07:27 PM   #27
Legolas
A Northern Soul

Legolas has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<A HREF="http://forum.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=002168" TARGET=_blank>http://forum.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=002168</A>