The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-24-2002, 01:16 PM   #1
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Question Fanfics needed?

Well, I have a problem, darlings. As I'm sure some of you know by now, I write original fantasy, and as fewer if any of you know I'm writing one fantasy epic in particular. As I'm sure that none of you know, I frequently have a problem with writer's block, and I'm struggling with it right now. My personal cure for writer's block is writing little things to re-light the embers of my creative flame, so I'm working on some Lord of the Rings fanfics. As the Barrow-Downs fanfic archive is not accepting new fanfics, I was wondering if anybody has an archive that needs fanfics. I don't need to put it online if nobody needs anything, but I just wanted to offer, since I'm writing anyway. Rest assured that there will be NO Mary-Sues, NO long-lost twins, NO non-canon romances, not even any invented characters. It'll all be either early-life experiences (which I'm thinking about but have not started) or internal speculations (which I've started.)

Just tell me if you need a fanfic--I'd be glad to oblige! And if you have any questions, either PM me or reply here.

~*~Orual the writer's-block-afflicted~*~
Old 12-24-2002, 01:28 PM   #2
Aerlene

Silmaril

:smiles:
well, I could always use fanfics though not many ppl go to my sites
Also, have you tried Fanfiction.net, you can publish your story/stories there
Tryin To Help, Aerlene
Old 12-24-2002, 01:38 PM   #3
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I'm in the process of putting a LOTR story page up, but the going is slow, as I'm also trying to do my horse story page AND my horse SIM game page, but you could always send a story in there. I think the address is here. I don't have my email available there, but if you'd like it you can PM me and I'll give it to you. I don't know if you want to send in a story or not, but if you do, PM me!

Sort of off the topic, but I was in the BD fanfiction and I found Nessa's wonderful Daughter of Rohan. If the name were just the slightest different, it would have the same name as mine! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I would obviously have to change mine, as she would have it before me, but fortunately they're different. Mine is Princess of Rohan. I just had to comment on that. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Also off topic, is there anyone here who would like to criticize my LOTR works? I've got a group for horse stories, but nowhere for fellow LOTR writers to help out. Just curious! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

EDIT: Aaaah! Writer's block... I know how it feels. I'm currently having one with my horse story The Mysterious Stallion, but my LOTR stories are coming along quite well (though I'm doing my Quenya wrong [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img])

~Nurumaiel

[ December 24, 2002: Message edited by: Nurumaiel ]
Old 12-24-2002, 03:10 PM   #4
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Orual

Would you consider doing role play games, or do you prefer not doing that sort of interactive writing?

Have you visited the RPG section, and tried your talents there?
Old 12-24-2002, 07:49 PM   #5
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

No, I haven't tried the RPG yet, but I'd like to. I just haven't taken the time to check it out--but I was under the impression that it wasn't particularly easy to get a new character in. But I'll go check it out anyway--it sounds like fun.

I love Fanfiction.net, Aerlene, but I don't like all the info you have to give to get an account. I do have one fic up there, posted by a friend of mine, of a kind of bizarre French ReBoot fanfic that I wrote, translated on BabelFish...::shudders:: Quite strange. I did get a good grade on it in French, though...

Nurumaiel, I'll PM you! I don't know of any betas for LotR fanfics, but if I find somebody who does that, I'll tell you.

Thanks, everybody!

~*~Orual~*~
Old 12-26-2002, 04:27 PM   #6
Cherie Centaur
Haunting Spirit

Cherie Centaur has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Orual, I'm soo in your boat. I'm on Chapter 2 and I still haven't been able to put mine in! Though three of my main characters are made up *shrugs meekly* . When you find a site you like tell me.

Cherie

(P.S.-- Do you like my signature?)

[ December 27, 2002: Message edited by: Cherie Centaur ]
Old 12-26-2002, 05:00 PM   #7
Daewen
Wight

Location: Stuck inside an Aquafina bottle...HELP! ...seriously, I'm getting claustrophobic
Daewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Daewen
Shield

My website is in desperate need of fanfics. Please email them to me first, so that I can read them so I can place them in the correct catagories. My email address is mailto:MafiaPr1ncess@aol.comMafiaPr1ncess@aol.com</A>
Daewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 05:16 PM   #8
Ainathônwen

Tolkien

Well, in Middle Earth, Im 742, but I look like 15.
Old 12-27-2002, 11:21 AM   #9
Cherie Centaur
Haunting Spirit

Cherie Centaur has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'll take you up for that offer, Daewen. Just let me finish typing The first chapter.