The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-06-2006, 11:15 AM   #1
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Pipe Bag End Dollhouse

Do your LotR action figures feel homeless? Perhaps you want to build them a miniature home like the one shown on this site:

Finished Bag End Dollhouse

The Making of the Bag End Dollhouse

There are lots and lots of pictures on those pages, so they do take a few minutes to load. It's worth the wait - a wealth of details, painstakingly made, is shown by the site owner. Enjoy!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 02:55 PM   #2
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
That's just . . . amazing! The time and effort they must have put in to make that. Seriously I'd pay for it it's that good.

Thanks for the link Esty, I might live there for a few days.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:39 PM   #3
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Oh my goodness...! *stares at the first image, just loaded*

I can't believe the detail...really! That's so very amazing! Right down to the carpets...this has just floored me!

*lets the rest of the page load over her silly dialup connection while she takes a second breakfast*

I'm with Kath on being willing to purchase it. It would be worth it, for all the effort and care put into it. But, considering what an achievement it is, who would part with it? :P

Thank you for the link Estelyn !!
Taralphiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 08:52 PM   #4
Elu Ancalime
Shade of Carn Dūm

Elu Ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elu Ancalime
That's, uh.....Wow.
________
Mazda rotary pickup specifications

Last edited by Elu Ancalime; 03-03-2011 at 11:40 PM.
Elu Ancalime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 04:22 PM   #5
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thumbs up

Isn't that just amazing?!

I love dolls' houses - I still have my childhood one, as my parents have been instructed to take extra care of it (my Dad made it anyway, so I know he will!). I used to spend hours in Lancaster museum, unable to move from the antique dolls' houses they had there. And a few months ago I found a Dolls' House shop in York which stirred my interest again. I had a notion of making a Hobbit inspired one, but then I saw this site a while ago and realised what sort of work was involved!

It's lovely!