The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-20-2005, 06:38 PM   #1
husborne
Pile O'Bones

husborne has just left Hobbiton.
Ring Which character are you most like??

Which character are you most like??

Frodo -- erudite, thoughtful, insightful
Aragorn -- patient, long-planning, leader
Gandalf -- wise, "actor behind the scenes"
Pippin -- intuitive, merry, carefree
Faramir -- erudite, insightful, romantic
Eowyn -- wilful, romantic, "caged"
Galadriel -- leader, wise, strong, insightful
Sam -- humble, trusting, steadfast
Saruman -- calculating, "ends before means"
Boromir -- strong-willed, self-confident, faithful

husborne
www.own-middle-earth-newzealand.com
Old 07-20-2005, 06:47 PM   #2
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

What of Merry? Or Bilbo? And the many others a person can be like?
But in any case I'm most like that lovable Hobbit, Pippin. Though there's a bit of Sam in me too. But every now and again I get in that "crush the people, take over the world" type of mood that fits Sauron.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:49 PM   #3
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm an Eowyn. I like to brood and ogle scruffy 80 year old men.

*coughs*
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 01:09 AM   #4
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
I'm like Arwen. I prefer to sit at home doing needlework while everyone else is rushing about, saving the world.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 05:45 AM   #5
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

I think I'm closest in likeness to Eowyn.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:57 AM   #6
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Mostly Sam with a bit of Pip.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:04 PM   #7
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Well, if you put it in those terms...

I have always known I was very much like Eowyn...but your words for Boromir are also a part of me. Those are two cool characters, so I don't mind. I'd have to say I am most like Eowyn, however. *sigh* It's kind of sad, but at the same time, quite hopeful! I won't always feel trapped...I'm beginning to learn how to stretch the wings God gave me even now and as time goes on, I'm sure I'll learn even more.

I wish I were like Sam..............
Old 07-26-2005, 05:35 AM   #8
yavanna II

yavanna II has just left Hobbiton.
You should include Sil characters too, husborne.
Feanor--skilfull, artistic, yet ill-tempered
Morgoth--the biggest villain who wants to destroy the world
Luthien--the ever-loyal romantic
Thingol--the dad who wants the SIlmaril as the bride-price for his daughter
Earendil--the altruistic guy who was willing to die for the world

and many more....

I do suppose I'm like Feanaro.... artistic yet ill-tempered...
yavanna II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 07:34 PM   #9
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
I am definatly aragorn.
WaynetheGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 08:41 AM   #10
Elwe Singollo
Haunting Spirit

Elwe Singollo has just left Hobbiton.
I would probably say Saruman. I'm not that bad though.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:50 AM   #11
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
From that list I think I'm a mixture of Pippin and Faramir - a strange combination.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:10 AM   #12
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
Well, I would like to believe that I am very much like Boromir. Though, of course, I have the qualities of the others, too.
CaptainofDespair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 10:17 AM   #13
narfforc
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

narfforc has been trapped in the Barrow!
I am like Smeagol and Gollum or am I like Gollum and Smeagol?, can`t seem to make my minds up.......................................
narfforc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 11:11 AM   #14
solarisa
Animated Skeleton

solarisa has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril my favoritos

first of all lol i would like to mention: i DON'T like feanor, because he's an annoying, guiltless, murdering elf (shame!) bringing all the noldorins down.

hmm...i'd say i like...elwing, cause she has wings, and thats cool
solarisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 11:19 AM   #15
solarisa
Animated Skeleton

solarisa has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

wait!!! i also like gelmir, elf of nargothrond, because he's the only elf to die in style
solarisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 07:29 PM   #16
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
Hmm. . . which character is the most introverted and who prefers to work alone? Likes to learn? Hmmm . . . I suppose I'm a bit like Feanor in my pride. Maybe a bit of Faramir, too.
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 08:09 PM   #17
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

I must register a serious request for a "none of the above". Or at least for a "Bilbo: intelligent, curious, inventive, scholarly, plucky, etc"
Old 08-16-2005, 11:35 AM   #18
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Well Apparently according to the barrowdowns I am most like Barliman Butterbur(In fact i quote him alot ironicly) and I also resembled wormtounge hehehe
Old 08-16-2005, 12:12 PM   #19
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by yavanna II
Feanor--skilfull, artistic, yet ill-tempered
I do suppose I'm like Feanaro.... artistic yet ill-tempered...
*cough* When I first spotted that, I doubled back, quite certain you were describing me. Then I reread and realized that you kind of actually were.

I have to say though... I'm quite the mix because I'm rather moody.

Today I'm very much Feanor, trapped in my own project, busy creating. I'm only online for pictures to use as reference.

Saturday I was entirely Pippen, out having fun, getting up to no good, and realizing I was in over my own head long after it was too late to turn back. But true friendship got me through that with minimal scarring.

Today's Feanorian attitude also has much of Eowyn, given that it involves an extremely large map of the world and, when finished, shall depict in detail all the places that I desire to go, but am currently unable to.

But at the same time, it reminds me of Bilbo, because of the map that hangs in Bag End, showing all of the paths he has/will travel[led].

Frodo the Scholar lives in me and is harassing me every day that I need to drop a course and take Russian. However the patience of Samwise is telling me that I have other things I must do first.

Terrible how many characters live in me. You wonder why I'm "bonkers as conkers" (crazy like a fox, I prefer to say), it's because I have all of these confounded characters in my head. But I must be honest... of all of the characters, Eowyn shows up most often. Willful, stubborn, adventurous, romantic, tom-boyish, caring, and rather more often than I would like to admit, overly hasty in judgement or decision.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:23 PM   #20
Elrowen Tinúviel

Elrowen Tinúviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elrowen Tinúviel
I am most like Eowyn... (If using your descriptions) also a lot like Boromir, Faramir, Luthien, and Aragorn.

Aside from who you put up there..... I am alot like Eomer, Legolas, and Elrohir (from the books!) and also have things in common with Arwen.

-Elrowen

Last edited by Elrowen Tinúviel; 08-20-2005 at 09:26 PM.
Elrowen Tinúviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 09:45 PM   #21
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
I know I would like to be more interestingly bizzare of origin and make-up, but in real life I am indeed most like Bilbo.

My family (my mother's at least...) can't wait until you die, so they can steal your left-overs. Seriously, when my great-grandfather on my mother's side passed on, someone stole a set of silver spoons. Yes, even if you have a Will, it really does no help because everyone just takes what they really want anyway.

Another thing is my constant distancing away from my family, or selected members of my family. My mother and father's families are quiet different, and not too friendly to each other.

Yes, if you are wondering, I have found a cousin who most proably will become my 'Frodo'. They are such a darling...

~ Aesthete
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 08:46 AM   #22
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Erudite, Thoughtful, Ridiculous

Anyone notice that there is only one point of difference between Frodo and Faramir? I wondered why I tried to pick between them! I'd peg Frodo as somewhat of a romantic in a different sense than Faramir--a kindred soul, as it were, but aware of the unreachability of the romantic ideal, content to be a simple soul. Wizard's pupils, both of 'em! Children of Gandalf! Pippin, too! But I guess I'm not really going into which character I am most like, mainly because there's a bit of several of them in me, even Eowyn, although I am not likely to seek death in battle or ogle "scruffy, 80 year old men!" (Good one, Durelin!)

Perhaps I'll just have to go with Frodo, especially in the lone, Shire-tromping mode. If only I could find a Bilbo to go with me! Not even the younger folk can keep up with me! And I've only stolen a paw paw, not mushrooms (too dangerous around here!)

Cheers!
Lyta
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:46 AM   #23
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Me? Out of that list I'm more or less like Frodo, more probably. But i do have the mix of Sam and Pippin in there which only comes out certain times. My Pippin mood has been coming out more lately though.