The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-02-2002, 06:27 PM   #41
Merri
Wight

Merri has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Well, I did walk around school calling myself a hobbit once . . .

I don't know. When I start thinking about LOTR, I don't usually stop too soon, but once I stop, I find it hard to get thinking about it again. LOTR is one of the best things in life to be obsessed about, but there are so many other things, too . . . like journals . . . or jewelry . . .
Old 12-19-2002, 07:59 PM   #42
Arwen_Evenstar
Wight

Arwen_Evenstar has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Wow. 40 posts! I think there is a portal to middle earth in my washing machine...yep, theres a hobbit-hole somewhere with a hell of a lot of odd socks lying around!
Old 12-19-2002, 09:38 PM   #43
Thingol1000
Animated Skeleton

Thingol1000 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

To all you youngin's;
You will get older, "life" will seem more immediate (ie. living in the present) then it does now. All those %$#@ @##$% at school will soon be left behind, and you all will be handsome/beautiful to someone in this world. (trust me on this, if it can happen to me...well then you guys are a shoe-in)
But...... don't leave ME for good, it's to beautiful. Grow, enjoy life, middle earth will not always be there for you as you all grow older, nor will you wish for it or think about it, believe me. But make a "oath", (a kinder, gentler oath then Feanor ;-) every 5 years or so pick up the Silm or hobbit/LotR and read it again. Because what you all feel now is real, it is worth caring for, and like Feanor's jewel's, it is beautiful.
with regards,
a 39 year old hobbit.
Thingol1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 03:21 AM   #44
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie Send a message via AIM to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
1420!

Well said Thingol. And I mean that with the utmost sincerity. I don't think I have gotten as far as you in life, but I already see conflicts with my life dedicated to Tolkien and my real life, with my friends.

-Willie
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 11:23 AM   #45
Cherie Centaur
Haunting Spirit

Cherie Centaur has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I know where my portal to ME is. It's under my bed! All I have to do is clear all my dirty socks, figuare out how it works and I'm home free! I'll be rolling down hills with hobbits in no time. Maybe I should start on it now.......... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2003, 10:11 AM   #46
Lady Iverin
Haunting Spirit

Lady Iverin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I don't think that I'm quite as in love as most of you are. But, that doesn't mean that I'm not in love! You know how some people obsess w/ a specific character? I used to be like that, but now it's like I love everybody! I mean, I'll think what it was like for Arwen to lose her immortality and about Boromir's want for the ring. Especially if I listen to the soundtracks. I get pulled into this world and I'm totally free cause I'm in ME. I guess I don't really need a portal cause I'm already there in my heart. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Lady Iverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 08:48 PM   #47
Lossenorodion
Pile O'Bones

Lossenorodion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Lossenorodion Send a message via AIM to Lossenorodion
Ring

its really incredible how lotr has change our lives for me personally now i dont have just 1 hero i got lots of heros and lots of wannabees, i guess the books are like the ring and u dont want other people to touch it or else.

but i guess its something that change my way of viewing everything sometimes when i run i think im aragorn runing at pelennor fields(sp?) and that makes me run faster.and so on

and things like that.
Old 02-20-2003, 05:23 PM   #48
Minyataurien
Pile O'Bones

Minyataurien has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I myself have been writing a fantasy book(don't know if it is any good so far) and to me J.R.R Tolkien is the god of all fantasy writing, Lord of the Rings as the bible. I look at the books every day even though I read them, listen to the audio tapes on the bus even though I've listened to them a thousand times, and have plastered my binder with pictures of Lord of the Rings movie pics. Some people see my binder and tell me they don't like Lord of the Rings and I can only just hold in saying "You're insane!" [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] I also often wish I was Arwen.(Aragorn is ssoo handsome to me!)
Old 02-23-2003, 02:02 PM   #49
Haelothiel
Animated Skeleton

Haelothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I love you all! Oh thankyou for telling me I'm not alone. Do you know, it's just me and my cousin who even know that LotR exists! I find myself thinking, what would Aragorn think if he saw me doing this? or Would I do this if I was an elf? I can't listen to any music except the sound tracks anymore and I actually refused to let someone borrow my books. I wish I could find a portal under my bed, but I just had to clean it last week and I saw nothing. I'll find it someday! Does anyone else find themselves hoping that heaven will be like ME? I am way more in love with ME than I am with reality. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-23-2003, 04:16 PM   #50
Kzarina

Sting

I'm sure there is a portal to ME in my room..... I just need to tidy my room to find it. At current rate of progress I should find it in about 40 or 50 years!!
Old 02-23-2003, 04:20 PM   #51
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy
Shade of Carn Dűm

Rynoah, the Overly-Happy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
When im at school i think 'did Borimir study algebra 30 times a year?'
Classic mental image right there. Boromir sitting in a desk looking bored as all heck while some teacher drones on about variables. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I can't say I'm as in love with the books as some of you seem to be. Yes, I'm rather infatuated (if I hear anything remotely related to Middle-Earth, I suddenly lose all interest in anything else), but I do not believe Middle-Earth exists or existed. It's a wonderful thought, but I've always had a good grasp on what's real and what's not and losing that is impossible. I have my moments where I can believe Gondor is just to the East of me and I may be able to see the White Tower if I just travel for a month that way, but the image is quickly gone when that voice of sanity (yeah, I've got some. Hard to believe, huh?) whispers, "You are imagining things, my friend. Come, return to reality."
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 03:44 PM   #52
lord of dor-lomin
Wight

lord of dor-lomin has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

I spend more time on Tolkien stuff than I do at school (or on schoolwork at home combined). That should show where my priorities are. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2003, 10:11 PM   #53
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

During the day, I think "I have not thought about Lord of the Rings today, Ooops! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] "
Yeah, I think about it a lot, but not too much. (Ok, I actually think about it at least 10 times a day, sometimes more. Hopefully it will get better as I age)
Old 02-25-2003, 08:48 AM   #54
Inderjit Sanghera
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Inderjit Sanghera has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I usually think about M-E every hour or so, every day.

"Life is so beautiful"->Don Vito Corleone
Inderjit Sanghera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 12:22 PM   #55
Andephelien
Pile O'Bones

Andephelien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well, Im in love. (sighs, love is wonderful) [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

"You cannot enter here. Go back to the abyss prepared for you! Go back! Fall into the nothingness that awaits you and your Master. Go!"
Gandalf
Andephelien is offline   Reply With Quote