The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-07-2020, 12:24 PM   #441
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
Finding out Mac's role will also shed a light on Brinn.
Beginning to suspect the same. Would I vote Mac based on his individual words alone? Nope. Could I vote for Mac just to flush out who needs him out? High possibility, but it would depend on identifying who needs him out and if they won’t benefit from him acting next Day as well.

As I said in a previous post, it’s more curious to me why Mac wants to be associated with suspicion, why he keeps repeating his tale to us, etc. The problem I have is trying to figure out who benefits from Mac not only being suspicious, but later possibly being voted toDay into a (and I guess I’ll say it…) Macwagon. Wolves could easily hide in a pushed vote for Mac since he’s becoming a wonderful distraction along with Zil’s continued interest in Kit.
I need to go back for earlier toDay and see who could be nudging him along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote
I saw that whole thing happening, realized I was caught up, and my first thought was, "Okay, Kit isn't a wolf. But. Wait. If Kit IS a wolf after all, what would be the point of revealing? To draw out the real Ranger. I should make sure that doesn't happen, just in case!" Now, was that necessary? Probably not, it seems pretty obvious. But at the time, it seemed important to say.
So, a knee-jerk reaction due to the DL and if there was a Kitwolf they were being really bold knowing there was only minutes to go before Night?
That could be possible, if they were an especially bold wolf. So far though, it appears our wolves have been rather quiet or they’re just carefully watching how we’re reacting to better tailor their defense. If one of them has agreed to be bold, I could see that as well.
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 12:25 PM   #442
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Ka
It is curious that Mac has increased this this type of semi-joking argument toDay. Yesterday based on actions I could understand the flighty tone he answered questions laid at him about his ‘lists’, but this is as if he’s trying to rehearse a story by telling and talking about himself over and over and then feigning ‘usual paranoia’.
So, why does Mac want to be a point of attention?

Who benefits from Mac’s performance is really what I’m wondering.
Well, if Mac is a wolf, he clearly started the Day with the mindset that he's a lost cause because Rikae's death points to him anyway so perhaps he could then at least do his packmates a service by trying to attract as much attention as possible? I still don't understand why macwolf would be this paranoid/suicidal, but I see even less reason for ordomac to act this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhuna
++THINLÓMIEN

Parting shot: Friendly reminder, a bandwagon does not start with the first vote.
Umm, why? And a very ominous parting shot to accompany it. I don't like this one bit. "Fellow wolves, rally here, wink wink nudge nudge?"

edit: xed with THE Ka
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 12:27 PM   #443
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I find myself sort of agreeing with Lottie's suspect list. Should I be worried?

Inzil I have found a bit fishy from the start, and toDay's posts aren't helping.

I did not like Boro's vote yesterDay or his behavior toDay. It's awfully bold of him to presume I'm a wolf based on reasons outside of my posting - and I wouldn't rule him out as a bold wolf.

Mac I'm a little more torn about. There are some posts of his I actually like, including his thoughts on Greenie. However he seems nervous toDay, which is generally suspicious. And I'm also still a bit wary of his posts from the second half of yesterDay.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:35 PM   #444
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
A thought I thought last night before bed - a possible reason for a Rikae kill is that they were onto something with their train of thought re: the anti-Brinn wagon. Weigh in, please.
Wasn't really thinking of it regarding Night kill, but I do think a wolf could possibly be hidden there. Their hands would look a little cleaner compared to others if I were lynched, thus proven innocent. It the reason I am slightly worried about Hui.

Quote:
Parting shot: Friendly reminder, a bandwagon does not start with the first vote.
I don't necessarily agree. Bandwagons can start when players start discussing suspicion and their intention to vote for someone. A first vote could piggyback on that.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:36 PM   #445
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Inzil and Lottie have the highest post count so far. How did they end up under my radar? Reread Inzil’s posts and…

Inzil chattered a lot on various strategies and general things at the beginning yesterDay. Even when he does put out some suspicions, they don’t seem very heavy. This could point to a wolf going with the flow and not bugging anyone, but I feel like a wolf would be more self-conscious about seeming too fluffy.

ToDay he starts out feeling reasonable to me, but the Kitanna/ranger/wolf stuff is a… surprising path to go down on. He thinks Rikae was targeted as seer but doesn’t seem to draw any conclusions from that.

Half an eyebrow raised, mostly because he just doesn't feel sinister to me, despite everything.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 12:36 PM   #446
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Sorry busy workday, traffic and a baby that wouldn't sleep got has kept me busy.

I will do my best to get up to speed, and post shortly.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 12:41 PM   #447
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Inzil and Lottie have the highest post count so far.
Zil has one of the highest post counts? o.O How is that possibly true?

I think that raises him from 'moderate' to 'probable' wolf in my estimation. Sadly for Mac, with both of them having a vote, it doesn't make me think he himself is less suspicious - accusing your packmate right before one of you gets lynched sounds like a great way to alleviate suspicion of them.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 12:44 PM   #448
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
If you think I'm a wolf, by all means, vote for me.

If you want to lynch me just get info on others... that's terrible and plays right into the wolves' hand. ToMorrow everybody will say "Oh dear, Mac was an ordo, but hey, he was acting so suspicious you can't fault anyone for voting for him." and it was a waste of a lynch.

*scolds*
Old 05-07-2020, 12:45 PM   #449
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post

I think that raises him from 'moderate' to 'probable' wolf in my estimation. Sadly for Mac, with both of them having a vote, it doesn't make me think he himself is less suspicious - accusing your packmate right before one of you gets lynched sounds like a great way to alleviate suspicion of them.
His post about Zil doesn't feel like a full on distancing attack, though. It felt more like laying groundwork, since Mac will probably have to vote for Zil eventually, but I didn't think it was a full on "Look, we can't possibly be packmates" kind of attack.

Last edited by Loslote; 05-07-2020 at 12:45 PM. Reason: xed with Mac
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 12:45 PM   #450
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
A 15 minute break is not enough time to do anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Kath
Since we're now talking about it, assuming Kit is the Ranger, the only reason I can see for the wolves going after Rikae instead of her is that they thought she was the Seer.
THIS. Which points to either Mac or Brinn (not both, I think - Mac voted Brinn at a point where the Galwagon was well on the way, no particular danger to him and no need to bus a packmate). Finding out Mac's role will also shed a light on Brinn.
I agree with this assessment and think a lot of light will be shed.
I am leaning more toward Mac based on my assessment earlier, but I don't feel overly confident in casting that vote. Too bad Day isn't 48 hours, then maybe I could catch up.
My biggest problem is, there are some loud people I haven't been able to comb through. Huin, Pitch, Boro, Lottie, and Legate all stand out as people I think I should look at closer.
Huin has come off as level-headed and reasonable throughout, but every so often there's a comment as I skim that makes me raise an eyebrow.
Boro, from past experience I know him to be wily (heh heh heh), but I haven't paid him much heed beyond his "boo lists" followed by lists posts.
Legate, had slight suspicions of him because of his post #88, that rubbed me wrong, but other things came to light after that, forcing him from my mind.
Pitch, same thing with Legate. I voted for him because he was my most likely candidate at the time and then toDay, I haven't dedicated time to him.
Lottie, I just let her float under my radar this whole time. Which could be said for Rune and Lommy too.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:47 PM   #451
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:

hS
To quote Pitch... *ping*

Accusing my packmate right before he gets lynched? I'm not accusing him - I said I'm not very suspicious of him! And people wonder why I'm feeling framed!

Not to mention, what does his post count have to do with anything?

Last edited by Macalaure; 05-07-2020 at 12:48 PM. Reason: grammar be hard
Old 05-07-2020, 12:52 PM   #452
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Okay, as stated back in #354, I don't know if I'll be around at all later. Since I might be, I don't want to vote now, but in case I'm not, I have a 'emergency late early vote' post stored up on my phone for +-Mac.

If I post anything else between now and DL, you won't be seeing that post, because I'll have had time to see what's changed.

X-post edit: Mac, Zil's post-count is suspicious to me because in my head he's quiet, meaning what he's been doing is flying well under the radar. Quickly rereading your post, I'm seeing a lot of 'both no and yes' from you as well. Not a full accusation, but maybe as much as you thought you could safely do.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 12:53 PM   #453
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huin

hS
To quote Pitch... *ping*

Accusing my packmate right before he gets lynched? I'm not accusing him - I said I'm not very suspicious of him! And people wonder why I'm feeling framed!

Not to mention, what does his post count have to do with anything?
Gotta agree with Mac for a sec, this post of Huin's was kinda strange. Also they seem to "know" Mac is going to get lynched toDay, which is very I mean sure, Mac has been one of the main suspects toDay but it could still go numerous ways with more than 2h to go and merely a handful of votes cast.

edit: xed with Hui
Old 05-07-2020, 12:57 PM   #454
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

++Thinlómien

Unless something stood out to me from my lengthy list of unknown, I was going to vote for Lommy or Greenie toDay. Lommy makes more sense at this point for obvious reasons. The mere fact that I voted for her probably makes it unlikely for her to gather any additional votes.

People talking as if I'm laying the groundwork for some saving vote is... grinding my gears, shall we say.

Lynch me if you must, I'm going to try and spend the rest of the day getting a clear thought or two and sharing them.

Last edited by Macalaure; 05-07-2020 at 12:58 PM. Reason: crossed with Lommy
Old 05-07-2020, 12:58 PM   #455
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
A bit of a list to sort my thoughts...

TOWARDS-THE-RED-END-OF-THE-SPECTRUM-ZONE:

Huinesoron - I said above, is the sort of "I am being very sensible with - possibly - occasionally leaving accusations around in the metaphorical form of unfinished sentence". The consistency of their yesterDay's suspicion would be a plus, on the other hand the vote yesterDay was one of those "I will wait what happens and act accordingly" - which however is something many people would do, regardless of role.

Lottie - explanations accepted, still, my misgivings remain. Now she again did the same thing by basically posting a list of three people she could vote accompanied by something that could be also read as "here, pick out of these, I'll follow suit".

Brinn - remains here, even though similar case to Kit. Although it needs to be said, I dislike how suddenly all the suspicion against her disappeared at the expense of toDay's new suspects. If she's a Wolf and the whole point of everything was to turn people away from her, then it seems to be working.

Lommy - this slid here; I was getting an off-vibe from some of her posts every now and then. I remember at one point I had this brainwave about her and Boro both being Wolves, but I can't for the life of me find anymore why it was. Her very zealous going after Mac is interesting (mainly because Mac leaves me confused rather than suspicious, but whatever), more interesting is her timing of the vote - enough before the QT vote. It sure is a way to avoid having one's vote compared to the QT vote. It may also be a way to send a signal to the Cobbler?

Kitanna - like I said, her lists have made me think better of her, but I am not letting her an absolution just because of that.

Zil - kind of an enigma, and I really didn't like the discussing-Kitanna posts. Keeping an eye out.

Mac - I have absolutely zero idea whether he had just gone crazy-obsessed with himself or what. I would not vote him based on that, but I need to re-check all his posts again, if it's possible.

Greenie - she has been posting this and that way, but there is still something about her I perceive as off.

MIDDLE ZONE:

Pitchwife - not leaning particularly either way. I did not like his and Zil's discussing-Kitanna posts, but his other posts leaned more innocentish than Zil's.

Lhuna - posted some fishy-looking stuff here and there, but I am unable to judge.

Boro - some weird stuff too, but nothing too incriminating.

Eönwë - I should be keeping an eye on him because he seems to be gliding massively under the radar. Also I don't really get some of his reasoning. But ugh, too many people to keep an eye on.

Lalaith - zero idea and I was kinda uneasy about her. If I ever have time, should look into her posts more.

TOWARDS-THE-GREEN-END-OF-SPECTRUM-ZONE(-and-I-know-that's-not-a-thing-in-physics)

Kant - is the most sensibly-posting person in the game and I agree with her about 90% of (at least the generic) stuff, no reason to suspect whatsoever.

Marx - been okay, consistently, nothing much changed since yesterDay.

The KA - awfully long posts, but nothing that would make me uneasy much.

Shasta - decent, nothing to add at the moment.

EDIT: x-ed with somewhere near the start of the page
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 01:00 PM   #456
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
The Quarantine vote

The Quarantine Thread has voted. They vote...

++ Brinniel

Votes (2 hours before the DL)

Lommy -> Macalaure
Kath -> Inzil
Lhuna -> Lommy
Macalaure -> Lommy 2
QT -> Brinniel
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 01:01 PM   #457
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eonwe
Thinlómien - She's seemed more possibly wolfy to me toDay. One thing is that she seems to have backed off from Boro without much warning - maybe afraid that a manufactured Boro suspicion was gaining too much traction?
To be fair, I think Boro’s behaviour did change quite noticeably from yesterDay to toDay so Lommy’s change of opinion about him seems justified to me.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
So I found Pitch slightly suspicious yesterDay because he picked on Legate who if innocent, could be easy to build a case against. I did back off some on the suspicions, as I sensed a bandwagon building on him and if he were innocent, could be the work of wolves and didn't want to be caught up in it (which is apparently the post that several including Rikae found to be suspiocious).
Wait let me see if I get this right. If Legate is innocent it could be easy to build a case against him, so you suspected Pitch because he picked on Legate. Then you eased up on suspecting Pitch because you did not want to be caught in a bandwagon that could be orchestrated by wolves.

I'm just... Lost. Shouldn't one back off from suspecting someone because of what they said, not because you're worried about what others would think if you end up voting for an innocent? Not helping your case here.
I found this point by Lhuna worth bringing up again. I agree that the reasoning is odd – if Brinn genuinely suspected Pitch, surely she would be inclined to think it was a good thing that others suspected him too? It’s as if we were forgetting that lynching a wolf also requires a bandwagon (except we don’t tend to call it that if it actually lands us a wolf).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Quote:
++THINLÓMIEN

Umm, why? And a very ominous parting shot to accompany it. I don't like this one bit. "Fellow wolves, rally here, wink wink nudge nudge?"
Hm. I read Lhuna’s “Parting shot” as a throwaway comment in response to others already talking about Macwagons when so far Mac only has the one vote by Lommy. Lommy’s reading of it seems a little nervous to me; I seriously doubt a Lhunawolf would signal her fellow wolves to rally to her bandwagon that openly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Well, if Mac is a wolf, he clearly started the Day with the mindset that he's a lost cause because Rikae's death points to him anyway so perhaps he could then at least do his packmates a service by trying to attract as much attention as possible? I still don't understand why macwolf would be this paranoid/suicidal, but I see even less reason for ordomac to act this way.
This is more or less my thinking too at this point. Unless something very dramatic comes up in the next half hour or so, I’m probably voting for Mac.

EDIT: x-ed with Mac, Legate, and ze mod
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 01:02 PM   #458
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
And Mac's reactions to Huin are feeling more innocent now, and Huin's last couple of posts are feeling a little more like a salesman..... I'm less enthusiastic about a Mac vote after seeing how he's defending himself, which doesn't feel desperate, more annoyed. I think I'm leaning towards Zil instead, I'm too torn on Mac.

Last edited by Loslote; 05-07-2020 at 01:02 PM. Reason: xed with Nog and Greenie
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 01:04 PM   #459
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Waiting for this QT vote to be known...in the meant time:

Quote:
A thought I thought last night before bed - a possible reason for a Rikae kill is that they were onto something with their train of thought re: the anti-Brinn wagon. Weigh in, please.~Shasta
That's why I was focusing in on the 2 wagons.

Huey, Lottie, and Inzil all remarked caution against a Brinn-wagon. Which I also found suspicious. It's almost like a wolf/wolves trying to appear reasonable in "hey let's not bandwagon."

Lottie and Inzil had previously established reasons for suspecting G55 and voting her. Which is fair enough, but still pretty convenient for a wolf to be in there advocating against a Brinn-wagon, even if Brinn is not a wolf.

Edit: crossed with Nog posting the QT vote. Great. Not what I was expecting or wanted to see.
Old 05-07-2020, 01:05 PM   #460
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Apparently my edit turned into a repost *sigh*
Old 05-07-2020, 01:08 PM   #461
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post

edit: xed with THE Ka
(Regarding Lhuna's vote for Lommy)

Agreed. If we're speaking of zombies. That looked like a rotten parting shot, Lhuna. *ping*
Old 05-07-2020, 01:18 PM   #462
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Huey, Lottie, and Inzil all remarked caution against a Brinn-wagon. Which I also found suspicious. It's almost like a wolf/wolves trying to appear reasonable in "hey let's not bandwagon."
It just struck me as coming out of nowhere. It looked like someone(s)wanted to save G55.
I would really like to know Brinn's alignment, but I don't know I'd vote for her.
Since the QTs (which effectively means G55) did vote for her, that throws a small wrinkle into it.
Old 05-07-2020, 01:20 PM   #463
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
First things first: I knew I was missing sally from my list, yet posted it nonetheless! Well, should go to the middle zone.

Second: the QT vote. Absolutely what I would expect from a Cobbler vote, but even, possibly, could be something they agreed on. I personally feel nothing wrong with pursuing Brinnwagon further, regardless whether it's been "blessed" by the Cobbler or not. It will only leave us to wonder. And let's keep in our heads the mantra: the Cobbler doesn't know anyone's roles, the Cobbler doesn't know anyone's roles, the Cobbler doesn't know anyone's roles. This is literally a vote to mess with our heads (even if it may have something else in, too - but it has this, for sure).

Quote:
Inzil and Lottie have the highest post count so far. How did they end up under my radar?
In the name of all the grandchildren of Finwë, Zil, really? My sentiment exactly.

However, that being said...
Quote:

hS
This again made my radar *ping* at HS. This again sounds like casting blame "from the flank", or "as he passes by". By now, however, HS has been doing it so consistently that I am really beginning to wonder.

Still. Right now, considering voting either HS, Lottie or Brinn. The former two seem to affect me the way that I keep telling myself "you are exaggerating", but then I see their next post and it's the same thing all over again. If I don't vote now and wait, I may end up again with the choice of some bandwagons about someone completely different and I would prefer not to do that. If it happened however and it was about some of those others that got votes so far, I would not be opposed to voting Lommy, possibly, but the whole thing seems horribly sinister and I have zero, zero, zero idea how to react to Mac. Zero.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 05-07-2020, 01:21 PM   #464
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I'm currently having a somewhat crazy idea of a Mac-Lhuna-Greenie pack, with maybe Eönwë and someone who's flying under my radar, such as Kath or THE Ka, or Sally. That would be pretty epic.

Mac-Greenie has a slight wolf-on-wolf vibe to me (in fact did already yesterDay when Greenie voted Mac out of the blue enough to make it look like a daring wolf-on-wolf move she could totally pull), then toDay Greenie's been waffling on whether Brinn or Mac looks more sketchy while conveniently lumping them together (while I still maintain that if you actually read Rikae's posts, it doesn't really look like she seerdreamt a guilty Brinn!) while Mac has been conveniently lumping me and Greenie together as his top suspects, then choosing to vote me. (After Lhuna's eerie post, I daresay, which Greenie just mildly defended.) See, it's all coming together!

(Yes this is a tongue-in-cheek accusation, but I still think I'm onto something, at least partially. Why Eönwë? He just rubs me the wrong way toDay, plus I get a buddy-buddy vibe between him and Greenie. Also just saying he lists Lhuna and Greenie as innocent and Mac in a vague "dangerous" category alongside a bunch of people without much explanation.)

edit: xed with Zil and Legate
Old 05-07-2020, 01:23 PM   #465
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Still. Right now, considering voting either HS, Lottie or Brinn. The former two seem to affect me the way that I keep telling myself "you are exaggerating", but then I see their next post and it's the same thing all over again. If I don't vote now and wait, I may end up again with the choice of some bandwagons about someone completely different and I would prefer not to do that. If it happened however and it was about some of those others that got votes so far, I would not be opposed to voting Lommy, possibly, but the whole thing seems horribly sinister and I have zero, zero, zero idea how to react to Mac. Zero.
What seems sinister?
Old 05-07-2020, 01:26 PM   #466
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
What seems sinister?
Literally "the whole thing", as in, what is happening between you and Mac and I don't know what, it is absolutely nontransparent to me and I would maybe do better to stay clear of it.
Old 05-07-2020, 01:27 PM   #467
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Apologies, I've gotten distracted. DL is in half an hour. Do we have a running tally?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 01:28 PM   #468
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Since the QTs (which effectively means G55) did vote for her, that throws a small wrinkle into it.
That only tells us that G55 doesn't think Brinn is a wolf but wants to lynch her to save somebody she thinks IS a wolf - which could well be Mac, as she already seems to have thought him a possible wolf yesterDay.

However, I find myself concurring with Lottie above that the tone of Mac's last couple of posts is giving me pause. I don't know what a cornered Macwolf would sound like, but this doesn't feel like it.
Old 05-07-2020, 01:29 PM   #469
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Literally "the whole thing", as in, what is happening between you and Mac and I don't know what, it is absolutely nontransparent to me and I would maybe do better to stay clear of it.
That's a remarkably safe position to take, especially since at the moment I'm the one with the most votes (how did this happen btw?) and Mac is the one who's probably overall garnered the most suspicion toDay.

edit: xed with Shasta and Pitch
Old 05-07-2020, 01:29 PM   #470
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Okay could we please stop with the massive posts listing what people did in great detail, surely a point can be made more efficiently. If i ever mod a game, it will be with a tweet-version with a character and post cap for the participants.

Let's leave Kitanna for now, we all saw it, there was a reason we said nothing. Either she speaks truth (which I am inclined to believe) and the wolves will come for her eventually, or the real ranger comes forth and she will face quarantine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
But it is also kind of entrancing, isn't it?
Please stop it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post

Dangerous (Could vote, but not my first choice)
Kitanna - Not sure what to think of her now, but I haven't taken her off the hook completely.
But why? I understand that she is not your top suspect, but I still don't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
The Quarantine Thread has voted. They vote...

++ Brinniel

Votes (2 hours before the DL)

Lommy -> Macalaure
Kath -> Inzil
Lhuna -> Lommy
Macalaure -> Lommy 2
QT -> Brinniel
This basically means that cobbler voted Brinniel, right?

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 01:29 PM   #471
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Apologies, I've gotten distracted. DL is in half an hour. Do we have a running tally?
It's in 1.5h!
Old 05-07-2020, 01:30 PM   #472
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
That only tells us that G55 doesn't think Brinn is a wolf but wants to lynch her to save somebody she thinks IS a wolf - which could well be Mac, as she already seems to have thought him a possible wolf yesterDay.

However, I find myself concurring with Lottie above that the tone of Mac's last couple of posts is giving me pause. I don't know what a cornered Macwolf would sound like, but this doesn't feel like it.
I don't actually think we should read into the QT vote at all. It could just as easily be a double-bluff by G55 - "If I vote Brinn, they'll think I want to kill her, so they won't vote her," etc. etc.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 01:30 PM   #473
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I’ve essentially had the same problem for two days now so expect some talking in circles while I try to untangle it. (Sorry Lommy, this is exactly the waffling you mentioned! Or, should we say, "considering both sides of the issue". )

My top suspects are still Mac and Brinn, but both of them being wolves looks unlikely to me – chiefly because they’ve both acted paranoid in a strikingly similar way about the Rikae kill being about framing them specifically. I don’t really see two wolves from the same pack drawing attention to themselves in this way. Unless they were counting on that if one of them got lynched, this would give the other a free pass?

Mac’s self-defence does look more annoyed than desperate, as someone pointed out. But I just can’t see why an innocent Mac would draw attention to himself the way he was doing especially earlier toDay. And maybe our minds do work in very different ways, but I don’t see how (and why) an innocent Mac would come up with complex theory about how Cobbler55 thought Rikae was a Seer who dreamed Mac was a wolf and maybe the wolves followed her lead and thought so too, except he isn’t really a wolf, but maybe the wolves want to frame him.

That said, I don’t trust Brinn at all either. As in the post Lhuna quoted earlier where she said she suspected Pitch but laid off when he started being suspected by more people as she thought there might be wolves in the bandwagon and she didn’t want a part in it; I get a vibe of someone more concerned about not being implicated in lynching an innocent than actually lynching someone she genuinely suspects.

EDIT: x-ed since SHasta's reappearance
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 05-07-2020, 01:30 PM   #474
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
It's in one and half hours. Don't try to confuse me with my DL mix up yesterday.

Lommy -> Macalaure
Kath -> Inzil
Lhuna -> Lommy
Macalaure -> Lommy 2
QT -> Brinniel
Old 05-07-2020, 01:31 PM   #475
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
DL is in half an hour.
DL is in 1½ hours.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 01:31 PM   #476
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Hour and a half, I think.

Last edited by Pitchwife; 05-07-2020 at 01:31 PM. Reason: x-ed with Old Badger
Pitchwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 01:32 PM   #477
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Ok then, looking into the rest of my unknown list.

Loslote. Half her posts seem genuinely innocent and the other half doesn’t. I don’t feel like going into detail, there’s just too much of it. Gut feeling is innocent who I just happen to I disagree with.

Not seeing anything suspicious about Shasta.

Moving on to lower post counts…

Still can’t get a read on Rune, but nothing jumps out either.

Something doesn’t feel right about Sally, but I can’t put my finger on it. I always feel that way about Sally though, so yeah…

I’m mostly ok with Lhuna. Her role in the Kitanna/ranger/wolf thing raised an eyebrow, and I’m no fan of her parting shot, but that’s all I see.

Eonwe. Getting some suspicion from people, but outside of throwing away his vote, I don’t see it.

So, I was hoping one or two on my unknown list would stick out suspiciously upon closer observation, but as it turns out, I guess there was a reason why they were on the unknown list in the first place.
Old 05-07-2020, 01:33 PM   #478
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Feeling a bit bad about my Lommy vote now. Her last few post look more innocent to me. I'm feeling a lot worse about Huin and wish I could change it to him or Greenie, vote count be damned.
Old 05-07-2020, 01:34 PM   #479
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
I don't actually think we should read into the QT vote at all. It could just as easily be a double-bluff by G55 - "If I vote Brinn, they'll think I want to kill her, so they won't vote her," etc. etc.
Agreed. As Legate already reminded us, the cobbler doesn't know anything we don't and therefore their vote also doesn't tell us anything.

EDIT: x-ed with Mac
Old 05-07-2020, 01:34 PM   #480
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
That's a remarkably safe position to take, especially since at the moment I'm the one with the most votes (how did this happen btw?) and Mac is the one who's probably overall garnered the most suspicion toDay.

edit: xed with Shasta and Pitch
Yes, but not from me. Anyways, Mac looks far from uncontroversial to me, but I don't like how suddenly half the villag - not the least people I suspect like Lottie etc - turned into suddenly serving Mac as the main meal of the day. It feels like it isn't healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
This basically means that cobbler voted Brinniel, right?
Yes, likely. Or they agreed, which is also possible. See what I said some two posts back or something.

I'm at the moment strongly considering voting Brinn. Otherwise I thought to start a Huinesoron vote or somesuch, but I am not sure if anyone at all would go for it.

EDIT: xed since the Rune I quoted