The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Books
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-04-2002, 06:03 PM   #1
WarBringer
Wight

WarBringer has just left Hobbiton.
Sting What if Sauron gathered every ring?

If sauron got all of the rings, could anyone stop him? He could have broken Minas Tirith in one strike.
Old 12-06-2002, 01:56 AM   #2
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie Send a message via AIM to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
1420!

I know what its like to not get a reply [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] but [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] here's one finally. Um I don't know what you mean by all the rings. Do you mean all the rings including the one ruling ring, or just the rings besides the one ring. Well, if you mean all the rings without the ruling ring, then it would be easier to stop him but still hard to. And remember, some of the lesser rings were destroyed or lost, like the rings for the 7 dwarf lords. And Gandalf and the elves were the keepers of the elven rings. So, it would be hard to get the surviving rings. But I'm not sure if he could could have broken Minas Tirith in one strike. If he couldn't win against the men back then with the ruling ring, how could he do it with the lesser rings. If he had the one ring, then he wouldn't need the lesser rings. He even offered a ring to the dwarves in return for an alliance w/mordor I think. That's how weak and unimportant the other rings were to him. All he ever cared about was his ring. Sure you wouldn't let him get the lesser rings. Even though they were that inferior, they could have been used together to help him in some way. My answer to your question is yes. If he could be stopped with the one ring, he could be stopped with the others.

-Willie
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 05:49 PM   #3
midgetman
Pile O'Bones

midgetman has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The answer is the world would go dark, figuratively. All rings is a broa term considering there were many not even mentioned in the book. But I suppose you mean the 7 and 9 he already has and the 1 and also the 3. If he had the three many (most) good things would perrish. But if he had the one it would be like having all for he could contol all. THe 1 is the RULING ring. If he had this there would be NO stopping him unless someone not mentioned in LOTR more chronicled of in the silmarilion such as the ruler of middle earth and all Ea stepped in.
midgetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 06:20 PM   #4
Manwe Sulimo
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manwe Sulimo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Manwe Sulimo
Sting

If Sauron had recovered all the Rings, obviously he would have been unstoppable. If even he had recovered the One, the Free People would have been very hard-pressed to stop him.

Having the One doesn't mean that he would control all the others. The Nine were already under his control, while only three of the Seven were intact. The Three aren't under the control of the One. During the Last Alliance the Elf-lords didn't use them, so Sauron could not search them out to corrupt them.

If Sauron had the One, he would have been unstoppable by the world of Men. Only the combined strength of Men, Elves, Dwarves, and Isengard would've had a chance to stop Mordor.
Old 12-07-2002, 05:19 AM   #5
Clockwork

Ring

1+ 3 + 7 + 9 = Armageddon.

[ December 07, 2002: Message edited by: Clockwork ]
Old 12-07-2002, 10:15 AM   #6
Manwe Sulimo
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manwe Sulimo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Manwe Sulimo
Sting

What school did you go to? 1+3+7+9=20! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]