The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-22-2003, 07:06 PM   #1
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
YOU ARE CORDIALLY INVITED...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BARROW-DOWNS!<P>On May 1, 2003, the forums at the Barrow-Downs will reach the ripe old age of THREE! While the site itself is a bit older, the third anniversary of the opening of the forums is a cause to CELEBRATE!!!!! Therefore, we will have a PARTY in celebration of the third birthday (uh, death day?) of the Barrow-Downs forums and all members are invited!!!!! <P>This year’s party will include the presentation of the first Barrow-Downs Awards, known far and wide as the Downies. The celebration will begin with a red carpet entrance before guests enter the Grand Hall where the ceremonies will take place. Come in costume and in character assuming the proper flourishes and airs of the Barrow-Downs elite and don’t forget to strike a pose before the paparazzi; this may be your 15 minutes of fame. But remember, there may never again be so many Administrators, Moderators and Assistants assembled in one place at the same time again, so while the party will be fun and funny, don’t forget to maintain some slight sense of decorum.<P>PLACE: The Grand Hall of Minas Anor (the Gondor RPG forum in a thread to be opened there). <P>TIME: Thursday, May 1, 2003 beginning at 9:00am EDT until???? <P>DRESS: Formal Middle Earth Wear. <P>There will be an open bar, and meals will served by our polite wait staff. <P>COME CELEBRATE THE ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE BARROW-WIGHT AND THE BARROW-DOWNS! <P>RSVP
Old 04-23-2003, 06:46 AM   #2
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Happy Birthday.<P>*waves a balloon then bursts it*
Old 04-23-2003, 02:28 PM   #3
Elanor
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elanor has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Happy Birthday! <P>What is EDT?
Old 04-23-2003, 04:04 PM   #4
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

This site has been around for 3 years, and I just found it a little under a year ago? Where have I been? Anyway, happy birthday Barrow-Downs!!!<BR> <BR> <BR> <P>Sorry. Went a little smiley-crazy just now.
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 04:11 PM   #5
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

In an attempt to answer everyone's questions, I offer the following:<P>1. EDT = Eastern Daylight Time.<P>2. No, you don't have to get there at 9am.<P>3. Last years ran for weeks, so expect this years to be around for a bit.<P>4. No, you don't REALLY have to RSVP.
Old 04-24-2003, 07:18 AM   #6
Mornie Alantie
Wight

Location: Somewhere above earth cause people say i should come down to it
Mornie Alantie has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Merry Christmas..........................wait........... ................um................................ ..arh...........<P>Happy Funeral!<P>We are gathered here on this joyious occasion to cheer for the deceased that gather at 9 am and beyond. All are envited, wether wights, newly deceased, or a shadow of Carn Dum. The dead will gather to celebrate the deaths of so many for the past three years. Actually the living may not pass the doors(or web site) of the dead and stay living. They will join the dead ones and light little candles of their own.
Old 04-24-2003, 02:37 PM   #7
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie Send a message via AIM to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
1420!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Happy Funeral! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I think that's what we meant to say. Good job Mornie Alantie!

-Willie
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 03:14 PM   #8
Elvish Hermit
Pile O'Bones

Elvish Hermit has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Party in the Downs, Who-whoo!!!!!! Party in the Downs, Who-whoo!!!!!! {toots party horns}
Elvish Hermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 05:59 PM   #9
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
Sting

I shall be there… late but I will be there, you know to awe the crowds in my sexy white dress with diamonds all over ! Oh and if you thinking SHE MUST BE MY DATE then I must break the news I am taken by the lucky Donlammenion. I can’t wait!!!<BR>P.S. Ok I know that was a very vain post but I was just having fun … and who said the dead weren’t good looking?
Niluial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 08:20 PM   #10
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Beruthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Happy Funeral BD!!<BR>I will be late but I will be there!<BR>but I don't have a date <BR>I'll have to read the old party now, from what I've heard they sound pretty crazy...
Old 05-03-2003, 10:58 AM   #11
Elvish Hermit
Pile O'Bones

Elvish Hermit has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

hey can I get the chicken?? I don't like roast beef that much.
Elvish Hermit is offline   Reply With Quote