The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-21-2002, 12:00 AM   #1
ReededGoat
Animated Skeleton

ReededGoat has just left Hobbiton.
Sting A Concise TTT Praise-Giver's Guide

Samwise and Gandalf = the two best characterizations in the films<BR>Sean Astin and Ian McKellan Rock the Casbah!<BR>Andy Serkis is the man!<BR>Gollum ROCKS!!!!!! Jar Jar and Yoda are cartoons compared to him!<BR>Treebeard is awesome!<BR>Edoras is PERFECT!!!! It jumped right out of the book.<BR>Miranda Otto is amazing...Eowyn's characterization rocks the Casbah too<BR>I cried when Gandalf called Shadowfax and I saw him for the first time<BR>Grima rocks!!!!! Brad ROCKS!!!!!<BR>Ringwraiths remain awesome...<BR>Eomer Rocks, Karl Rocks<BR>Ent on fire Rocks<BR>Mordor gate Trolls Rock!!!!!!!!!<P>Right now my Sam and Gollum are my faves.<P>ROTK - bring it on!!!! If PJ says we're over the hump of diverging drastically, I believe him and I'm psyched!<P>aaron
ReededGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 12:03 AM   #2
Have a day
Pile O'Bones

Have a day has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Have a day
Sting

LOL! I thought Gollum was the best character.... Sam too! But I still loved Merry and Pippin even though they didn't have as big a part. But I liked Rohan... I thought it was breathtaking.

"There once was an alliance between the preps and the punks..." From my unholy mockery 'Lord of the scrunchie'
Have a day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 01:42 AM   #3
Elanor
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elanor has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The highlights for me were Eowyn, the way Edoras looked, Gollum, Grima and the scene with Elrond persuaging Arwen to leave. I have been concentrating on the flaws, and missing all the things I really liked, so thanks for starting this thread so that we can think about what was good in the film.
Old 12-21-2002, 02:08 AM   #4
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Yay! A thread with GOOD comments about the movie.

Honestly, there are too many good things about the movie to list them all. Perhaps I'll think of some specifics when I watch it again tomorrow.

I know that several students in my school enjoyed the movie (and yes, a large amount of them HAVE read the trilogy). On Thursday, one guy at my school could not stop talking about the movie. He kept commenting about how cool Helm's Deep and Legolas' stunts were. At fifth period, he was practically SHOUTING at me (when we were only three feet from each other) about the details of each stunt and how he was going to see it again when we were supposed to be taking an algebra test. Meanwhile, a girl next to us was shouting at him to shut up because she had not seen the movie yet. It was quite funny.

Last edited by Brinniel; 02-05-2007 at 10:25 PM.
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 03:17 AM   #5
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie Send a message via AIM to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
1420!

I thought the two who were perfect were Grima and Eowyn. Grima did his job and was almost like I saw him in the book. Maybe that was due to small size of the part he had to play. Eowyn was great. She really portrayed the way I saw her in the book. I think that she will be great in RotK as well. As for gollum, I have to say Andy Serkis deserves some kind of award. His acting was great. I really like the way he does the 'gollum' noise. And his movements were great. I think that his effort for the character also deserves an award. However, I didn't like the way he was shown digitally that much. It was good, but I still had some trouble seeing him as 'real'. Also, maybe it would have been better if they left the whole digital thing out of gollum and just had Andy play him. I think he would do fine. And was it just me or did gollum's feet seem extremely huge, especially when he's brought before Faramir.<P>Well, that's what I really like about TTT. I didn't like a lot of parts, but I liked the movie and those parts especially.

-Willie
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie is offline   Reply With Quote