The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-19-2009, 04:44 PM   #1201
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nessa Telrunya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Nessa Telrunya
Hmm, Morm, you seem to bangwagon quite a bit, I've noticed after reading some. Quite suspicious if I may say so.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:48 PM   #1202
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
What's interesting is once again Sally did a bizarre retraction, and is convinced she did something she didn't do. Ties are ties in this game, it is not the first to a certain number of votes, it is a coin flip. I'm thinking she's our cobbler cause of this, but maybe she is a wolf playing that...boldly.
This makes sense to me. However, while Sally's eminently capable of playing a wolf playing at a Cobbler, I incline to think she isn't, and this begs the question then: do we assume Sally's Cobblery, but let her live, so as to catch an actually dangerous baddie? Or do we go for a more certain baddie, and take out the Cobbler in lieu of consensus on a baddie?

The bet-hedger in me likes the latter, but the village in general (despite not agreeing on who is furry), seems to think we've a good chance of catching a wolf or bear today, and with two deaths looming tonight and the Cobbler being more of a nuisance than a danger, I'm inclined to strike more boldly than my nature would prefer.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:54 PM   #1203
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
(in no particular order)

Bears
Form
morm
Durelin
... Mac or Rikae...?

Wolves
Form
morm
Nerwen
Mira
Sally

Means I'm going to vote Form, morm, Nerwen, Sally or Mira. Probably either Form or morm because a) they both could be either wolves or bears aka killing machines and b) I feel their deaths would reveal more than Nerwen's or Mira's or probably even Sally's. (Or then I'm a sexist like Durelin.
A couple questions, here Lommy--which actually might be applicable to the entire village:

What difference, if any, makes you assume someone might be a Wolf or might be a Bear? Because a lot of the gut-feeling suspicion going around might, in fact, be accurate about Good or Evil, but I scarcely see how it can distinguish between Union and Free-Lancer.

Secondly--okay it's more of a comment than a question--I'm rather amused that, since he's the other people who started the whole anti-me waggon, that Morm is apparently coëval with me in your suspicions.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:54 PM   #1204
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nessa Telrunya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Nessa Telrunya
I'm sorry about my early-vote again. I always have trouble with deadlines being in the middle of the night.

++Morm
Old 08-19-2009, 05:04 PM   #1205
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Popping to the grocery store but I wanted to mention/ask something.

Lommie, the people you say you will vote are the people who are on your wolf list. Doesn't it make more sense to go after your bear candidates first and decrease the number of Night kills? I don't know if it's just me or if that's weird. Of course she's not around but I look forward to seeing her response when she gets back.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:04 PM   #1206
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Form
What difference, if any, makes you assume someone might be a Wolf or might be a Bear? Because a lot of the gut-feeling suspicion going around might, in fact, be accurate about Good or Evil, but I scarcely see how it can distinguish between Union and Free-Lancer.
Well, although half of the village discredits this reasoning, I think the way people talk about the bear may point at them being the bear themselves. As for wolvishness, it's about being mate-looking with known or suspected wolves. And partly it's just gut-feeling. Like, Rikae, Mac and Durelin all creep me out a bit and they do not look like Alona's mates, so I keep the option of one of them being the bear.

I'm thinking of voting Morm because he's been avoiding the noose for too long and his role would undoubtedly reveal stuff.

But then again, I'm not sure if a wolf would insist so strongly on being the Night-kill and I want to lynch him exactly because he could be either a wolf or the bear.

Should I vote Form then? He seems a lot more innocent now that he has come back.

Mira? Sally? Nerwen?

Argh... I'll go brush my teeth and think about my vote meanwhile.

edit: xed with Sally
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:09 PM   #1207
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Lommie, the people you say you will vote are the people who are on your wolf list. Doesn't it make more sense to go after your bear candidates first and decrease the number of Night kills? I don't know if it's just me or if that's weird. Of course she's not around but I look forward to seeing her response when she gets back.
I'm around yet because I'm slow... (and once I go I won't be back)

I said rather clearly that I want to vote Form or morm because they could be either bears or wolves.

And if I end up voting you, Nerwen or Mira - and not Durelin, Rikae and Mac - it's just because I prefer voting a likely-ish wolf to a possible bear. After all, we're here to eliminate all the baddies, not shoot wildly at possible bears until we run out of people who turn out to be innocent.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:09 PM   #1208
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessa Telrunya View Post
I'm sorry about my early-vote again. I always have trouble with deadlines being in the middle of the night.

++Morm
Heh.

I'm really not sure I trust this vote, given Nessa's overall quietness in the game, but I definitely like it. And I'm irked enough with Morm I'm inclined to go much the same way myself. Nice to see I wouldn't be alone.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:13 PM   #1209
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
But then again, I'm not sure if a wolf would insist so strongly on being the Night-kill and I want to lynch him exactly because he could be either a wolf or the bear.
Well, far be it from me to discourage you in voting Morm, but in the interests of fair play, I feel I should say that I hardly see how being a wolf or a bear would necessarily make a difference in claiming to be the Night kill. Indeed, it almost makes more sense for Morm to claim to be the Night kill if he's one of the Wolves, because he (and his partner) would be the only ones who would know it's not true. A bear-Morm, on the other hand, would have to be wary that any future Wolf-deaths did not end up killing on the Wolves who would leave a clear trail back to himself as the Bear.

Or, well, I guess I should say "clear trail insofar as anything in this game is clear"--but I'm sure you all assumed that anyway.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:16 PM   #1210
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
But does it matter?

Quote:
Should I vote Form then? He seems a lot more innocent now that he has come back.
He does, actually.

EDIT:X'd with Form.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:22 PM   #1211
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
I'm around yet because I'm slow... (and once I go I won't be back)

I said rather clearly that I want to vote Form or morm because they could be either bears or wolves.

And if I end up voting you, Nerwen or Mira - and not Durelin, Rikae and Mac - it's just because I prefer voting a likely-ish wolf to a possible bear. After all, we're here to eliminate all the baddies, not shoot wildly at possible bears until we run out of people who turn out to be innocent.
K, fair enough. I just wasn't sure I understood you so I wanted you to explain before I completely crucified you for something you didn't do. Thanks for clearing it up!
Old 08-19-2009, 05:24 PM   #1212
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
No I don't think Form is a wolf. I think those three you point out are the most likely as well.

I am glad to see Mac, Rikae and Durelin posting a lot as I trust them currently. Everybody else has gone MIA.
I have gotten to this point in reading so far. I know I haven't been around, but it definitely wasn't by choice. I've been feeling a little under the weather today.

So far with what I've read, I'm beginning to have second opinions about Lommy. The biggest thing that comes to my mind at this point is they way she saved Alona on Day 2. There have also been some comments and an overall vibe coming from her.

I still think morm is suspicious. At this point it looks like my vote will either be for Lommy or morm. However I have only read up to this point, so it could still change.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:28 PM   #1213
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
All right. Preliminary vote here, will change if needed, blah, blah blah.

++Morm

1. Because he's too darn edgy by half, even for him, and I'm getting an increasingly strong "killing machine" vibe off him.

2. Because I agree with Lommy that his death will tell us more than most people's (especially mine).

3. Because his name just looks so much better in red. I never thought green was his colour!

EDIT:X'd since myself.

Last edited by Nerwen; 08-19-2009 at 06:00 PM. Reason: language redux – We don't say "dang" in Australia, Morm!
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:31 PM   #1214
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
But does it matter?
I think it does. If you can distinguish between a Wolf and a Bear--and you've got equal reason for thinking both--it should make a difference, insofar as it seems likely to me that you'd rather rid the village of the Bear, rather than the Wolf. At least, that's what I would think, since I'd prefer one kill per night rather than two, though I suppose it's possible you'd prefer to weaken the team players, on the hope the remaining wolf will eat the bear, or vice versa.

My point, basically, is that it would affect your vote, if you could be sure of the distinction. More likely, I suppose, it's unlikely that you'd get the "all other things being equal" end of it, and either the potential bear or the potential wolf would be a more powerful argument on its own--but not necessarily.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:34 PM   #1215
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Well, Autume, it is the ultimate question again, would a wolf try to save a fellow or sacrifice her to look better? I think I've done both in the past, there are no clear answers. I wouldn't probably done that to save Alona, had I been her fellow wolf, but I cannot say for sure, and you can't of course take my word for it (especially as I'm unsure myself).

++Formendacil

More innocent right now or not, he's suspicious enough to get my vote. I actually suspect morm a bit more than him, but this village looks a bit like turning into a huge mormwagon (I know, only one vote so far but quite a lot of people are very suspicious of him), so I think a vote for Form should provide an option.

If we lynch Form and he's innocent and later turns out morm was guilty, I'll probably bang my head against the wall.

edit: xed with Nerwen (what did I say ) and Form
Old 08-19-2009, 05:50 PM   #1216
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post

2. Because I agree with Lommy that his death will tell us more than most people's (especially mine).
I was going to ask this of Lommy but I will ask it of both of you now, what pray-tell would my death tell you when I turn out to be an ordo?
Old 08-19-2009, 05:51 PM   #1217
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
Regarding the case that Morm was the Wolf-kill, I think the following two points need to be considered:

1) Why would the wolves have gone after someone attracting so much suspicion? If he's not one of their own number, they would surely be glad to have him around today, to keep the focus off themselves.

2.) The Wolves want the Bear dead too. They can't win if s/he's still alive. Unless they think Morm is the bear or a Gifted, it doesn't stand to reason that they would kill him off when he might have the potential to lead the village to finding and killing the Bear for them.

Morm has not adequately addressed these questions, in my opinions, and they are grounds enough alone for not assuming he was the Night's pick.
I was wondering about these points as well. Just another reason morm looks even more suspicious to me.

Quote:
Well, Autume, it is the ultimate question again, would a wolf try to save a fellow or sacrifice her to look better? I think I've done both in the past, there are no clear answers. I wouldn't probably done that to save Alona, had I been her fellow wolf, but I cannot say for sure, and you can't of course take my word for it (especially as I'm unsure myself).
Well even so right now morm looks way more suspicious than you. At this point in time I have no desire to start a Lommy wagon.

Edit: x-ed with morm
Old 08-19-2009, 05:51 PM   #1218
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
What am I missing here? Morm was tied with a known wolf twice, and now he's the first to get two votes? It looks like Alona's wolfishness means nothing at all to anyone, since no one seems to be willing to reevaluate yesterDay's suspicions in light of it.

Nessa, Nerwen, do you really think the wolves would have allowed two of their pack to end up tied for the lynch yesterDay? If you think Morm is the bear, do you honestly think it's better to shoot for one of one bear than one of two wolves? Please answer. Neither of you has explained much of anything in this game, and it's high time you did.

Also, I just thought I'd throw this out there:
I think Lommy is the bear.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:54 PM   #1219
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Interesting thought. For some reason toDay (more recently) I've been getting baddie vibes from her, but I was thinking wolf. What gives you the bear idea?
Old 08-19-2009, 05:54 PM   #1220
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Hmm, Morm, you seem to bangwagon quite a bit, I've noticed after reading some. Quite suspicious if I may say so.
No you're right of course, I mean I started Day 1 by voting for Hakon, clearly a bandwagon. On Day 2 I voted for Rikae, I might have been number 2, again clearly a bandwagon and it is to be remembered that I had to vote early and leave for the rest of the day to travel across country. On Day 3 I voted for Alona a wolf which also saved myself...very suspicious band-wagonning going on here.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:00 PM   #1221
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I also don't like the way the group of autume, Mira, Nienna, Nerwen, Nessa, and to some extent, Sally hang together in their votes, do not bother to explain anything, and refuse to absorb new information as it becomes available. This is half the village, and obviously they can't all be evil, but some of them seem to have dubbed themselves unofficial cobblers. None of the morm-voters seem to have made any effort to analyze each other (beyond saying they would) and none seem to even acknowledge that, had a coin flipped differently, they would have let a wolf get away.

Of these, autume seems perhaps honestly misguided, Mira may just be busy, and Nessa is a newbie who might not know what's expected of her (although she ought to, by now), and Sally seems at least more independent, though I'm tempted to call her the ringleader. Nerwen and Nienna, however, know better. They're hiding in a pack, and I know they're capable of more... I can't believe they do so out of concern for the village's best interests.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:00 PM   #1222
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Well, although half of the village discredits this reasoning, I think the way people talk about the bear may point at them being the bear themselves.

HEY EVERYBODY!!!! She talked about the bear so she must be the bear herself

*waves arms frantically* Everybody run and hide...

Seriously though Lommy, I understand what you are saying but you keep insisting that because somebody talks about the bear and how they might behave or what not they are likely bear candidates, what about those who talk about those who are likely bear candidates because they talk about the bear?

Seriously are you the bear Lommy, just tell me you know you want to scream it out.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:02 PM   #1223
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Of these, autume seems perhaps honestly misguided, Mira may just be busy, and Nessa is a newbie who might not know what's expected of her (although she ought to, by now), and Sally seems at least more independent, though I'm tempted to call her the ringleader. Nerwen and Nienna, however, know better. They're hiding in a pack, and I know they're capable of more... I can't believe they do so out of concern for the village's best interests.
Erm, should I thank you or demand an apology? I'm really not sure.

EDIT: x'd with Morm. Lol.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:02 PM   #1224
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
I also don't like the way the group of autume, Mira, Nienna, Nerwen, Nessa, and to some extent, Sally hang together in their votes, do not bother to explain anything, and refuse to absorb new information as it becomes available. This is half the village, and obviously they can't all be evil, but some of them seem to have dubbed themselves unofficial cobblers. None of the morm-voters seem to have made any effort to analyze each other (beyond saying they would) and none seem to even acknowledge that, had a coin flipped differently, they would have let a wolf get away.

Rikae you put words to my thoughts exactly. Thank you.

I wonder Rikae are you considering voting for Sally? Sally, Nienna, Form or Lommy are my most likely candidates, it may be necessary to change to save my life again, but it might be nice to get some consensus now if we can. Mac and Durelin what are you two thinking?

Autume is seeming more innocently misguided today especially the more recent posts.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:02 PM   #1225
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Interesting thought. For some reason toDay (more recently) I've been getting baddie vibes from her, but I was thinking wolf. What gives you the bear idea?
More gut feeling than anything, but also that her arguments seem contrived, she seems less reasonable than I know her to be, and yet she doesn't really seem tied to anyone in particular.
I'm not really planning on hunting the bear toDAY, though. That's best left for later, I think.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:03 PM   #1226
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
*waves arms frantically* Everybody run and hide...
Had to say this really made me giggle, hehe.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:03 PM   #1227
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Crap. I have to go in ten minutes. I'll be back around an hour before DL, but I've not finished my thing on Nessa. *headdesks herself for messing around so much this afternoon* I'll post the bits from Day One and see if I can finish Day Two before I leave, savvy?
Old 08-19-2009, 06:04 PM   #1228
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Erm, should I thank you or demand an apology? I'm really not sure.

EDIT: x'd with Morm. Lol.
Nerwen and Nienna should know better than to follow your evil ringleading.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:07 PM   #1229
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

NESSA DAY ONE

Stealing Mac's plus and minus thing, because....well, it's awesome.

Quote:
Oh wow! I wake up in the morning and we're on PAGE FOUR?

All I can say is that I would've helped, but little girls like me are supposed to be asleep in the early a.m's.

Even worse, in all FOUR (three?) pages, no one has said anything for me to blame them. And to think I was hoping for such a miracle. ToT

But tp's plan seems sound enough to me. The only problem is that it unnervingly reminds me of a similar scenario in TiG III involving Fordim Hedgthistle. Except there, it was used as a basis for Day one votes. (Yeah, I like to read through the older games-helps a doof like me figure things out)

I won't be surprised if someone uses peoples reactions to that plan to decide on their vote. It seems to happen a lot.

edit: crossed with morm
Banter, banter, fluff, reference to an old game, supports lynching an already dying Fea, says that the discussion will probably help people make up their minds about each other. +0

Quote:
Well, I just go to older threads in Mirth. Makes for good reading, and it's fun to guess who is who while you read.
Banter. +0

Quote:
That may be what he had in mind, just to try and make this game that much more interesting. But couldn't the wolves exploit that reasoning by saying they distrust each other?
Makes a good point, and while she didn't say much she brings up....erm, actually an obvious point. One that needed to be brought up, but obvious. But she was trying, so yay for that. +1

Quote:
Maybe, if that is how Boro chose roles. We would have to tally up everyone's answers though, if we were to do that.

I myself would rather have more concrete evidence, based on someone slipping up. It's too easy to be tricked in any strategy, however, if that's all we have to go on...

I say, Day one is the hardest vote of all, merely because there's nothing to go on.
Says the surveys are worth looking at but that it's too much effort and she'd rather use (as I put it) real werewolfing skills to figure out the baddies. And Day Ones suck. (+1 liking points, +0 suspicion points)

Quote:
I sense a little tension here. >_>
Yeah, well.... +0

Quote:
Well, at least now the conversation is boiling down to the problem at hand, rather than other oddities that only serve to up the page count.

I think the most likely strategy, that everyone will most likely fall into anyways, is to blindly vote Day one as they always have, and then look back at who voted who, and who was Night killed for motives.

But the problem lies in this: when all we can do toDay is vote blindly, how will our votes mean anything? There's no point in giving a well-thought reason when there's nothing to go on for us villagers(and gifteds). If we just tell the truth about why we're voting instead of trying to sound smart(guilty here) then it will be easier to distinguish who is who. Only the wolves are sure of who they need to kill: everyone. And that means that they will be glad with whatever lynch they can get on the first day, provided none of them die.
Erm....states the obvious. This post looks so helpful, and yet....nothing. She's saying what we all know is true. -1, because it looks....weird.

Quote:
I would love to be able to form solid opinions of everyone like Rikae, but, as has been noticed multiple times, there has been nothing to go on. The funny thing is, there is more substance in her one post than has been in the last few pages. And I hate lynching people who have nothing against them. That contradicts the idea that you're supposed to use your head in this game.

There may be a list forthcoming(oh no!), but I regret that you must wait for it.
Says that she has trouble getting a hold on people and that Rikae is being more helpful than most. Ties to Rikae, in a way. Doesn't want to lynch someone who....I'm getting the impression of who can't talk a lot, but she could also mean people who haven't been suspected much. Promises a list. Again, this is a good post and I understand where she's coming from, but....could she be buttering up to Rikae by saying she's being helpful, for whatever reason? -1

Quote:
No, I think it's excellent when someone has a sensible reason, only it's easy for one to vote based on banter rather than substance. That's what I'm trying to say. But I'd rather hear an obvious statement out of the speaker's desire to help the village than a genius plot from a wolf and their respective trickery.

edit: crossed since Inzil
Ahhhh, gotcha. Anyway, says it's too easy to hide behind stupid vote reasons. Also states that she'd rather....wait, she said she'd rather hear from an ordo than a wolf. Well of course. Pretty speech, but words whispered, etc. -1

Quote:
The thing about innocents, is that their only concern should be to figure out who the baddies are. The wolves and gifteds are the ones who need to play tricks, and for either self preservation or some other motive.
I know I didn't say it (for the record, Rikae did) but the ordos occasionally need to play tricks too, and often do for the good of the village. Phantom and his insanity, for instance (not in this game necessarily but in others). I agree that we (the ordos) should try to catch the baddies of course, but this seems off to me. (-1 liking points, +0 suspicion points)

Quote:
Oh, wow, so many posts. @_@ Seems I have garnered a vote. I really must remember to congratulate myself. Late deadlines are always difficult for me, since I hit the hay pretty early, and must vote early, if I am to vote at all. ++Rikae If only for my dislike of how you seem to jump down everyone's throats. Night
This seems like a personal vote but I know it's not. Some wolves are very aggressive (no offense meant to Rikae of course) and Nessa could assume that's what Rikae was doing. At the same time, however, she had previously said she liked what Rikae was doing. Ties to Rikae. Weird for her to flip like that. Oh, and I've done the 'oh look I got a vote yay' thing too but this seems weird to me. -1

For those of you at home, the total so far....

Liking points (her posts, not Nessa herself of course): 0
Suspicion points: -3

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 08-19-2009 at 06:10 PM. Reason: miscounted. whoops!
Old 08-19-2009, 06:07 PM   #1230
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Really though village we are on the edge of disaster if we don't do it right today. We have 12 total if we kill an innocent today and assuming the wolves don't kill the bear that is 9 tomorrow with 3 being evil, one more day like that and it's basically over.

Rikae, I am beginning to wonder if we should hunt the bear in more earnest today. If we do get him/her today than we are really well positioned for the coming days to win.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:08 PM   #1231
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Nerwen and Nienna should know better than to follow your evil ringleading.

Ahhhh. Lol if I was evil I'd say thank you then. As it is I won't demand an apology either. And really, Nerwen's my biggest fan, so you never know.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:10 PM   #1232
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
What am I missing here? Morm was tied with a known wolf twice, and now he's the first to get two votes? It looks like Alona's wolfishness means nothing at all to anyone, since no one seems to be willing to reevaluate yesterDay's suspicions in light of it.

Nessa, Nerwen, do you really think the wolves would have allowed two of their pack to end up tied for the lynch yesterDay? If you think Morm is the bear, do you honestly think it's better to shoot for one of one bear than one of two wolves? Please answer. Neither of you has explained much of anything in this game, and it's high time you did.

First: That's a good point about morm. I will have to take that into consideration.

Second: Nessa is raising some flags. I'm not comfortable with her No Vote yesterday. She has been awfully quiet throughout the game. However that may mean nothing.

Third: I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling bad vibes coming from Lommy.

Edit: x-ed with #1220 to here
Old 08-19-2009, 06:11 PM   #1233
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Nienna will also be hampered late due to work.

End Note.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:12 PM   #1234
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Have to go, sadly. I'll finish Nessa (that's what she said) when I return.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:22 PM   #1235
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Okay, I guess here's where a distinction between Bear and Wolf makes a lot of sense to draw.

If Morm is the Bear, then relations to a Known Wolf means precious little or nothing. Any association to be drawn would be as spurious as between an Ordo and a Known Wolf--and just as impossible to tell apart from non-spurious relationships.

Secondly, it has happened before that two wolves have been on the block at the same time--an antsy situation for the Wolves, certainly, but not, simply on the basis of that, a reason to discount shared lupinity.

All the same, I think you're right about this mostly removing Morm from the list of likely wolves. But that doesn't mean he's not still suspicious; it just mean that as suspiciou-Morm he's more liable to be the Bear.

Liable to be the Bear, I note, on the grounds that he's suspicious and seemingly not connected to our Known (dead) Wolf--not the more spurious grounds of "he talks about bears so he is one."
Old 08-19-2009, 06:24 PM   #1236
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
You have made a good point Rikae. I do believe there is a wolf in there somewhere. I'm leaning towards Mira, Nienna, Nerwen, or Nessa.

I have believed that one of these are a wolf for a while now. I don't remember if I put anything about some of the people that have been quiet. I might not have after my vote on Day 1. I do think that one of these possibly two of these are a wolf. They just haven't posted a lot for me to get a feel for them.

Edit: x-ed with Form
Old 08-19-2009, 06:32 PM   #1237
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by autume98 View Post
You have made a good point Rikae. I do believe there is a wolf in there somewhere. I'm leaning towards Mira, Nienna, Nerwen, or Nessa.
In other words, anyone but you?
What do you think about each in particular? They can't all be wolves, of course.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:36 PM   #1238
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Those morm suspicions are hard to get rid of, indeed. If I would understand why people think he's the bear, I might get it, but would still think that we have better things to do toDay than chase after the faint hints that the bear might have left. Since I don't understand those suspicions, all I can do is shake my head. I'm particularly worried about Nerwen, who has been casting strange votes for several days now.

I'm at a complete loss as to why Lommy concluded morm was suspicious. I'm also surprised how quickly she adopted my suspicion of Form. I'm quite confident of my case, but I'm surprised nevertheless.

I also don't think that the pursuit of Sally is the greatest idea. She's a cobbler at best, in my opinion.

Since it has been requested, my preferences:
Good idea: Form, Nerwen, Nienna
Bad idea: Autume, Lommy, Mira, Nessa, Sally
Very bad idea: Durelin, morm, Rikae

On second thought, let's lynch Sally for plagiarism!
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:40 PM   #1239
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I definitely feel there is something wrong with Lommy and have felt so from the time she first started posting.

Now the question to me is - go for a simply evil-looking Lommy...wolf or bear, I am not at all sure...OR go with evil-looking with more wolf-y connections. Of course, she did save alona!

While I am uneasy about morm (in a bearish sense), I think it is compeltely bizarre that Nessa, Nerwen, and Form have completely passed over the fact that we lynched a wolf yesterDay! To a certain extent they all seem to be on a different planet from the rest of the game. I get the same sense from Lommy...at least she did an alona-related analysis, though one of her probable-mates was morm...

Anyway, since I know it's a concern... My bear-suspicion of morm began only toDay, I will tell you that. And I do not feel at all confident enough to vote for him.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:45 PM   #1240
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
While I am uneasy about morm (in a bearish sense), I think it is compeltely bizarre that Nessa, Nerwen, and Form have completely passed over the fact that we lynched a wolf yesterDay! To a certain extent they all seem to be on a different planet from the rest of the game. I get the same sense from Lommy...at least she did an alona-related analysis, though one of her probable-mates was morm...
What's to say? I've only got on in the last couple hours, and Day's well under way. Better to address where we're at, especially if you are a chronic non-analyser of pages and pages of posts.

But... really. Alona was lost in the mess Day 1, looked suspicious on Day 2 and even more suspicious when other people mysteriously appeared to save her (though now that I mention it, why aren't they more suspicious?), and was clearly in danger all day yesterday, died, and here we are.

Well, that's my reasoning anyway...