The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-26-2009, 10:01 AM   #1041
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Will Mith have a reasonable explanation of why she threw her vote away on Gwath? 5-1
don't do reason darling...

But I was tired and really los tthe plot not trusting anyone including and increasingly monomaniacal Lommie.

Also had a vague and unlikely hope that the reason Gwath got extra grace was because the moddess didn 't want to end the game by modfire.

But you can't vote for me so whether you believe me is somewhat academic

I am an ordo, I just hope things are clearer today. Unfortunately Boro who seemed relatively OK is dead ...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:02 AM   #1042
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I find it difficult an ordo, innocent, Mac would find it be a good idea to fake a ranger claim and lead to someone else's lynching.
Oh, you missed Izzy getting Shasta lynched last game... (real Ranger, but faked a Seer-dream). Still, it's not something I see Mac as likely to do.

Quote:
remember one really good fake Ranger claim...do you recall it Shasta?
Shhh! He'll double-kill you for reminding him...

Another thing: we've killed at least one wolf, but there may be as many as three remaining. And if it's three, then lynching an innocent toDay is the end of us. So an ordo Mac shouldn't be so resigned to his fate.

EDIT:X'd with Mith.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:21 AM   #1043
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
But you can't vote for me so whether you believe me is somewhat academic
That wouldn't have a bit of a gloating tone, would it? Surely I'm mistaken.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:31 AM   #1044
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Nyah nyah nee nyah nyah...

No - well not in a "I am a villain and you can't touch me kind of a way" more of in an "I'm innocent and you are wrong but I dont' have to waste time justifying myself" fly swatting way.

I have just too easily distracted this game... if I were a cobbler I promise I would have stirred up mayhem in this set up - go and have a look at Sauce's game if you want to see what I am like when I have nothing left to lose.

And Boro and Nerwen who I have wolfed with know that there is no way I would have missed a kill.

Now I really have very little time to make my mind up so I am not going to waste it justifying myself further.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:33 AM   #1045
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
The "entire" ship did not follow her blindly.
That's true. The cobblers followed her seeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
And you knew she was a wolf... how?
I guess I was only 99% or so sure. I definitely felt sure enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun
Will Mac talk his way out of the noose? 25-1
Aw, come on. I'm sure my chances are at least 20-1 or 15-1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Oh have mercy on my soul
You mom have mercy on your soul.

Quote:
I find it difficult an ordo, innocent, Mac would find it be a good idea to fake a ranger claim and lead to someone else's lynching.
With a certain wolf campaigning your lynch and the village blindly following it? A ranger can buy you another day by saving someone from dying, a dead wolf serves the exact same purpose. There was a minor chance that Lommy was not a wolf, but there was a decent chance that either the ranger was already dead, or would manage to stay hidden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
So an ordo Mac shouldn't be so resigned to his fate.
I have reasonable doubts I'll be able to, but I'm trying my best to convince people.

Last edited by Macalaure; 06-26-2009 at 10:34 AM. Reason: crossed with Mith
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:50 AM   #1046
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

The Living:

-Shark Tooth Shasta ~
-Snifflin’ Mac Sparrow ~
-Almost-Blind Nerwen ~ - not wolf per Greenie
-Cowerin' Gwath Slasher ~ absent .. but?
-Ham-Hands Izzy ~ Either a cobbler or Cassandra
-Short Ruth Mithril ~ Ordo though I know you can't take that for granted.
-Stinkin' Eön Bloodbeard ~

The Ghosted:

-Black Death Brinn ~ Captain ~ shish kabobed (mod)
-Lil' Green the Staggering Drunk ~Night kill, Seer soi-disant, Seer or possible cobbler
-Puffy Shirt Rikae ~ Hunter - claim proved by death
-Whinin’ Eomer Bonny ~ Nightkill - presumed innocent - unlikely cobbler due to near silence post-mortem
-Gangrenous Inziladun Jones ~ Night kill presumed innocent - unlikely cobbler
-Pirate Boromir the Malformed ~ Night kill presumed innocent , inclined not to think cobbler

-Slippery McCabbie Dagger ~ Lynched -unknown
-Dancin' Mira Blythe ~ Striker ~ modfire - unknown
-High-Pitched Annu ~ Surgeon ~ Lynched - Unknown
-Stutterin’ Wilwa Scab ~ Modfire - Unknown
-Legless Sally Dawkins ~ Lynch Unknown
-Pirate Nogrod the Fashionably Late ~Hunter kill - unknown
-Poop Deck Kath ~ Lynch unknown
-Pirate Lommy the Infected ~ Lynch unknown

Last edited by Mithalwen; 06-26-2009 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Move Lommy to correct section
Old 06-26-2009, 11:10 AM   #1047
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Another lonely decision approaches.... but which I will no doubt be reproached for...

Old 06-26-2009, 11:33 AM   #1048
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Is noone out there?

I have ten minutes probably... unless I drive 20 miles which seems pointless with noone to talk to.... gah

Old 06-26-2009, 11:34 AM   #1049
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I'm here, but then again I'm a non-factor.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:38 AM   #1050
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

but you are a know innocent ... ok I wonder about Gwath a lot... Eonwe seems to fly too low for a reading .. iffy Issy seems to be very cobblerish, Nerwen's continued existence is puzzling..Shasta Gah ... Help! Mac has messed with my head...

Old 06-26-2009, 11:39 AM   #1051
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
PLUSPLUS BOROMIR88*

*not a real vote
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:40 AM   #1052
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Nerwen is right. Every time there's an actual good competitive Gifted fake, I get lynched. Why is that?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 06-26-2009, 11:43 AM   #1053
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Don't whine Shasta.. not helpful...

May be able ot look in briefly but.. need to vote now....

Old 06-26-2009, 11:44 AM   #1054
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

++Macalaure ...

trusting Boro not myself..

Old 06-26-2009, 01:44 PM   #1055
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
No posts in two hours? Rubbish.

Well, I'm off, not to return until after the game. I just wanted to leave a message.

Good night packmate(s)
Good night packmate(s)
Good night packmate(s)
Turn the village into tasty chow

*snickers, scurries off*

Farewell, everyone! Enjoy the rest of the game!

~~Sally~~
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:02 PM   #1056
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
As I leave....

I can't decide
Whether you should live or die
Oh, you'll probably go to heaven
Please don't hang your head and cry
No wonder why
My heart feels dead inside
It's cold and hard and petrified
Lock the doors and close the blinds
We're going for a ride

Walk the plank, me hearties!

K, now I'm leaving.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:02 PM   #1057
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
No posts in two hours? Rubbish.

Well, I'm off, not to return until after the game. I just wanted to leave a message.

Good night packmate(s#
Good night packmate#s#
Good night packmate#s)
Turn the village into tasty chow

*snickers, scurries off*

Farewell, everyone! Enjoy the rest of the game!

~~Sally~~
Ah, yes. Well, you'll not be around to enjoy the spoils of the mutineers, anyway. If they win out, that is. I'm still hopeful we've gotten at least two of them. I think the odds are for it in any case.
Fellow innocents, I submit that it may be dangerous to focus too closely on anyone at this point, if it means someone else can lurk in the shadows unnoticed.
And is Mac too obvious a choice? Perhaps exhibiting Cobbler behaviour? It seems he's taken most of the attention for quite a while now but managed to avoid both lynching and night-killing.
I'm not advising anyone not to vote for him necessarily, I just think that's something to keep in mind.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:15 PM   #1058
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ok, well there's 2 main scenarios:

1. They lynched/killed the two people that were going after Mac(The rest that were there seemed to be believing his claim, or voting Lommy at least, in the case of Izzy). The obvious next step for them is to lynch me (Mac's already started a case against me) and then Night-kill Mith, who's voted for Mac.

2. It's all a huge Mac-framing.

However, scenario 2 seems unlikely because they're risking a save, and that's not good this late in the game.

What I think is really happening is that we have at least 2 wolves alive, I'm guessing 3. Now they've gone all out on the Mac-lynchers. I think Mac was being prophetic when he said:
Quote:
Give me another day and another protection, of course.
He knows that he's not going to be lynched in the Night, which makes him seem to be either (more likely) a mutineer, or (possibly) a co-conspirator that's somehow managed to communicate his ploy to the mutineers.
Now, because of this, I think that really what's happening is that the wolves only need one Day to finish us off. We are 7. If they are 3, they only need one misguided lynch toDay to see them win. The Night is irrelevant. Mac, it seems to me, was just fighting to stay alive so that he and the other 2 mutineers can sway the lynch. Izzy seems to be the cobbler (though she could actually be an innocent in disguise- so the wolves think that she's a cobbler, but really she's helping us, or a wolf, but that's risky and therefore unlikely), and so they only need her to vote for their choice. That way they can force a lynch through.

That is the reason that they lynched and killed the anti-Macs. Everyone else seems either slightly suspicious or hasn't voted for Mac (With the exception of Mith, but she's just mysterious), and so would be "misguided"(in their eyes) or possible lynch-fodder for toDay, which they could even suck the "misguided" ones into.

We must lynch Mac before it's too late:

++Macalaure

edit: x-ed with second Sally and Inzil

Last edited by Eönwë; 06-26-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:20 PM   #1059
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
2 possible variations on the main scenario:

Another possible option is that there are 2 of them left, which makes them have to sway toMorrow's vote as well, but if they kill a suspicious ordo then cobbler-Izzy can help them.

Or (this is with 3 again) maybe Mac is a huge set-up, and he is the ranger, and the wolves know we'll vote him toDay, dooming us all. Or if they have 2, they can lynch Mac toDay and use Izzy-cobbler to force another lynch toMorrow.

Lucky I still have my retraction...
Old 06-26-2009, 02:21 PM   #1060
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Wow. I'd say sally is definitely a wolf, simply because that's the exact sort of thing she's done many times. And there's too many other potential cobblers for a sally-cobber to reveal now.

But it means we got at least one of them.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:22 PM   #1061
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
Wow. I'd say sally is definitely a wolf, simply because that's the exact sort of thing she's done many times. And there's too many other potential cobblers for a sally-cobber to reveal now.

But it means we got at least one of them.
What I fear is that we only got one of them.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:23 PM   #1062
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
I say this, however, unless there are amazing amounts of evidence against Mac being a wolf, I will stick with my vote. I can't believe he managed to get himself out of it yesterDay!
Old 06-26-2009, 02:30 PM   #1063
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I can't be around much but I have one post to make - I owe you all an apology and an explanation. I'm sorry I got myself lynched for I was the ranger. (Why reveal now, well, what kind of a living ranger would not have revealed yesterDay? And I want to make sure there are no more false reveals.) I was just so darn stupid, I knew Mac was trying to flush me out so I couldn't just give up and give him what he wants - but I should have done that when I got the two votes. (You know, when I was trying to sleep after staying awake so long, I had a few lines from the song Hellfire from Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame stuck in my head: "mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa" and "it's not my fault, but in God's plan, he made the devil so much stronger than a man".)

Anyway, you can now finally stop wondering at my behaviour - you know why Mac's "reveal" didn't make me falter, you know why I had to stay awake all night. (Yes, I'm stupid, I decided already very early I have to stay awake as long as possible so that I can counter when Mac makes a ranger reveal - I knew he was going to do it at some phase - and then I didn't do it even when it would have been necessary, not that people would necessarily have believed me anyway... But I was so darn stupid, argh, it's going to take months or Nerwen's proven cobblerism that I can forgive myself, I let pride go before common sense, I didn't want Mac to flush me out and I was so sure I'd finally make a save next Night if I was allowed to live... Well, I learned a lesson there.)

Why was I so aggressive about Mac? Well I was and am really certain of his guilt, it looks evident. But like I told Boro yesterDay, I did not let my occasional swings of uncertainity show, I just kept trusting my general impression and attacking him recklessly - I figured after a while that it'd keep me alive because the mutineers would never ever expect a ranger to be so reckless and they wouldn't kill me if I was right about Mac. So it was all well until yesterDay's disaster.

And because you probably want to know, even though it doesn't matter, my picks were Mira, Nerwen, Rikae (holy cow she threatened to take me with her so I had to protect her even though I thought she was probably lying and that the mutineers may avoid her because of the possible protection, I just couldn't take the risk - I wish I had followed the no riks tactic later on too), Kath (I think, I'm not sure to be honest, I might have protected Mith or Nerwen too, but I think it was Kath) and Boro (I was so sure it's going to be me that Night, or possibly him, but no one else for certain - well I was thinking Zil is a mutineer ).

So maybe knowing this, you can also judge Mac better. I say we lynch him, and Shasta next, the way he acted yesterDay was definitely NOT innocent. I advice looking at everybody's reactions yesterDay, it will probably help a lot.

I'm not sure we can win this anymore, there being probably 2 wolves and 2 cobblers around, but we can try, and that starts with lynching Mac.

++Macalaure

Goodbye. You managed to get the ranger lynched, hats off to that, but otherwise you were a crappy mutineer because you were so obvious.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:34 PM   #1064
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Also, Nerwen could be a cobbler as well, and if that's the case then they've already won unless the cobblers make a mistake and vote with the wrong side.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:34 PM   #1065
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Mac is a wolf.

Izzy is a cobbler. The other cobbler is either Mith or Nerwen.

Shasta is either a wolf or an ordo, but probably a wolf because I can't believe we'd be so lucky as to have just one wolf remaining. (If Shasta isn't a wolf, then Mith is, but that seems unlikely.)

Eönwë and Gwath are innocent. I think Gwath has been kept around just so that the innocents don't die unfairly early just because of numbers, especially as already two of us have gone by modfire (assuming they were innocent, of course).
Old 06-26-2009, 02:37 PM   #1066
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Eönwë, I think Boro was killed because he was quite evidently innocent, he has proven to be very sharp, and Mac a known-wolf-to-be they didn't need Boro anymore as his other remaining-alive cover.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:41 PM   #1067
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I'd love to stay to chat, to suspect, to help, to smash Mac to pieces by finding all the holes in his story, but this is my grandmother's computer and due to various reasons no one can sleep while I'm online and it's getting close midnight, so I have to go. Maybe it's better too, my attacks againstMac seem only to have helped him this far. Anyway, if there is a toMorrow, I will be around more then and I will do my best to help you catch the final baddie(s) and redeem myself after being such a lousy living ranger. Good night and lycnh well (I guess I don't have to elaborate what that means )!
Old 06-26-2009, 02:43 PM   #1068
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
You must pardon my inactivity, with the tense situations and dreadfully tough decisions for over a week now, it feels good to have the pressure off, and I would simply like to retire with me fellow ghosties, whilst I wait for the end and me spirit can finally rest.

Mith, you should really be trusting Lommy, that is one of the reasons I didn't retract my vote in the end...the other well based on pretty much what he said with regards to Kath, I didn't think he was the Ranger. And well apparently he's not, so now why would an innocent Mac make a Ranger claim.

Since Mith defended me long long time ago, on page 6 or something in the Cap'ns log against Annu. I shall now offer what I can on her and return the favor. I doubt she be a mutineer, or cus I doubt she would have said anything in my defense at all, she either would have just ignored it and enjoyed the suspicion, or prodded more my way. However, eventually I expect Mith as a wolf to change that up, throw me for a loop one of these days, but nothing else fits her being a wolf. She's right, especially with that no-kill, she would have gone through great lengths to make sure a kill got in. Even if her other partners were gone, if there was a communication slip up she would have taken it upon herself to get in a kill. How do I know? Because as fellow wolves before when there was a day with a severe lack of communication (myself and Nerwen were unable to be around) that's exactly what she did.

With her Gwath vote I thought co-conspirator, because of the entire "I'm lost about Mac, so let me vote Gwath." But the thought quickly vanished, because she's got a point about Gwath not being mod-fired, and I can see why anyone would be confused by the Mac and Lommy situation the last couple days.

The reason I stuck with Lommy, was simply because of prior days I determined she was innocent, and even though her zeal was something entirely new, and I've never seen before, that innocent reaction didn't change. Of course when Mac said he was the Ranger, I began sweating thinking I had the entire situation wrong, but based on what I read from Mac's posts, his Ranger claim just didn't make sense (and well Mac's not disputing that!)

Long story short, I trust Mith's innocent.

I began thinking like Inziladun and wondering if Mac is actually a cobbler who is now sacrificing himself and thus helping out whoever remains as mutineers. This is because his defense today looks pretty lackluster, in that he's accepted his fate and now as the..."Well I'm an ordo, I just said I was the Ranger, because I know Lommy's a mutineer...and it's worth the real risk if the real Ranger actually did reveal." I mean that type of defense, to say if the Ranger revealed, "oh well, I know we got a mutineer" should leave no one with doubts about Mac's role.

When I can be back, I will explain actually while Mac's presented a rather lackluster defense for himself (thus appearing perhaps cobblerish), it's been a pretty strong defense because of the creativity. I will explain that when I have the time, but you (meaning the innocents left who can vote) should consider that maybe a mutineer Mac is putting on a cobbler mask to dissuade people from lynching him, as do we really want a cobbler at this point in the game? But actually, it's a creative defense for himself, and I will tell you why when I can be back.

After that, well I don't feel like I have many other good ideas, and feel my contract with our devil Cap'n should come to an end.

Quote:
You mom have mercy on your soul.~Mac
I knew I was walking straight into one of those as soon as I protested.

Edit: crossed with a bunch...'Tis ok Lommy, I'm quite glad to see this side of you. Even if it got you into trouble, that is typically how I find myself in trouble.

Last edited by Boromir88; 06-26-2009 at 02:46 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:44 PM   #1069
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Yet another option is that they had 3, sacrificed Lommy to get Mac lynched the next Day, and then can turn on anyone, and everyone being so disorientated wouldn't know who to vote, and even if there aren't cobblers (which I highly doubt) they could probably create a convincing lynch target.

Argh my head hurts- too many possibilities!
Old 06-26-2009, 03:06 PM   #1070
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Oh.

I was still reading the last page during my previous posts and hadn't seen Lommy's confession. So that settles it. Either she really was the ranger or she was (And is) a sacrifice by the confident wolf-team which is now almost certainly going to win. I think that the former is the truth, as I don't think that Lommy would stay up all Night if their victory wasn't totally certain (however, it would be if they have cobblers).

Ok, I have probably around 2 hours left. If Mac doesn't come in that time and give a very very very good reason why we shouldn't lynch him, I'm sticking with my vote.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:06 PM   #1071
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
I can't be around much but I have one post to make - I owe you all an apology and an explanation. I'm sorry I got myself lynched for I was the ranger.~Lommy
Argh nabbit, I was trying to relieve some pressure from whoever the real ranger was by rejecting Mac's claim and looking like I was sure he was lying through his wooden teeth.

I think that's more or less the mutineers took me out, they bit and thought I was the Ranger. This is why I can't be too critical against Mac, and why I think despite the "oh well" way he's presented it, has come up with a pretty ingenious defense. Basically, I thought, well since I might have been killed because they thought I was the real Ranger, maybe I could just claim it and provide protection for the true Ranger if he/she still be out there.

But I realized this was not a good idea, as well I'm already dead, and even if I was the real Ranger, I would be no threat to the wolves, and they would not kill me again. So, saying I was would be pretty useless. And in the worst case, everyone would think I was the cobbler, because what if the real Ranger didn't catch on and then revealed anyway.

So yes, I just decided to accept my fate and since I was the one who was night-killed felt good that perhaps the real Ranger was still out there...alas this is not so.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:10 PM   #1072
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
I began thinking like Inziladun and wondering if Mac is actually a cobbler who is now sacrificing himself and thus helping out whoever remains as mutineers. This is because his defense today looks pretty lackluster, in that he's accepted his fate and now as the..."Well I'm an ordo, I just said I was the Ranger, because I know Lommy's a mutineer...and it's worth the real risk if the real Ranger actually did reveal." I mean that type of defense, to say if the Ranger revealed, "oh well, I know we got a mutineer" should leave no one with doubts about Mac's role.
Problem is, unless there's a convincing case against someone else, I'm not sure if the innocents can take the chance of leaving him alive. But maybe that's the plan....
Old 06-26-2009, 03:13 PM   #1073
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

I know I'm innocent, and I'm afraid that's the main basis I was so sure of Lommy's guilt, because the only thing she's ever had against me is process-of-elimination, which I've already blown out of the water (there's no way of knowing how many mutineers we've lynched already).

So we've got a dead Lommy claiming to be the Ranger, Mac claiming to be the Ranger yesterday but retracting and saying he's just an ordo today...

I'm tempted to vote Mac, but I know I'll be on at deadline, so I'm going to wait. My main reason for not voting him now is still Lommy.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:21 PM   #1074
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

One more thing...

++Macalaure (x 5,025,646 ghost votes)

I'd like to see him avoid this lynch.

...wait you're telling me you will count pregnant chads but not ghost votes?
Old 06-26-2009, 03:28 PM   #1075
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun
And is Mac too obvious a choice? Perhaps exhibiting Cobbler behaviour? It seems he's taken most of the attention for quite a while now but managed to avoid both lynching and night-killing.
I'm not advising anyone not to vote for him necessarily, I just think that's something to keep in mind.
That's exactly the way it is. You make me feel really bad for suspecting you earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eonwe
2. It's all a huge Mac-framing.
Can't be. Lommy tried to, and she did so well that I had to resort to extreme means to get her lynched. Now I will probably suffer her fate, but that does not mean at any rate that all my voters are guilty or misled. At the very least Boro does what he does for innocent reasons, as frustrating as it is. (Iow, I don't think he's the cobbler.)

I'm puzzled by Eonwe. His behaviour today is not what I expected it to be (I expected a quick dismissal of all my defenses). Especially,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eonwe
does not seem to make any sense for a mutineer, unless he thinks I'm indeed a cobbler and wants to maintain the option of keeping me around if it doesn't hurt him.

Also, Sally's confessed evilness (of whichever sort), makes me feel better about him because of his important vote against him.

I'm puzzled by Lommy, too. She either has to be pretty darn certain that I will be dead today (more certain than I am), because why else should she switch her tone today? This makes me feel even more certain about her. If I was lynched and thought a wolf was behind it, I would be even more fixated on getting rid of that wolf. If I had been lynched as a wolf with an innocent behind it, well, that's what happens to most wolves, after all. It doesn't necessarily merit more involvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
you know why Mac's "reveal" didn't make me falter
Because you are a wolf who had her head far, far too deep inside the mess?

Quote:
I advice looking at everybody's reactions yesterDay, it will probably help a lot.
Translation: Gwathagor is a wolf and if you follow my advice you will only lynch innocents and we win.

Quote:
and Mac a known-wolf-to-be they didn't need Boro anymore as his other remaining-alive cover.
What are you talking about?

Quote:
the other well based on pretty much what he said with regards to Kath
Are you serious? That I had a "very bad" feeling about Kath was one of the two reasons? *shakes head*

Quote:
This is because his defense today looks pretty lackluster, in that he's accepted his fate and now as the..."Well I'm an ordo, I just said I was the Ranger, because I know Lommy's a mutineer...and it's worth the real risk if the real Ranger actually did reveal." I mean that type of defense, to say if the Ranger revealed, "oh well, I know we got a mutineer" should leave no one with doubts about Mac's role.
I'm afraid I can only put up such a performance now and then. YesterDay I could save myself and kill Lommy with the ranger-reveal. Today it will take a miracle, and I won't burn myself out for one that won't come.

Quote:
maybe a mutineer Mac is putting on a cobbler mask to dissuade people from lynching him
If I was actually doing that, I would give you a much more entertaining and obvious cobbler, trust me.

One thing I noticed about Boro's death. The kills so far have pretty much followed a pattern, haven't they? Greenie, Eomer, Inziladun - involved posters (usually), independent voters, and completely ignored since they're dead. Rikae was an obvious deviation from the plan, but Boro is a completely different type of kill. I don't know what it could mean, though.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:25 PM   #1076
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
One thing I noticed about Boro's death. The kills so far have pretty much followed a pattern, haven't they? Greenie, Eomer, Inziladun - involved posters (usually), independent voters, and completely ignored since they're dead. Rikae was an obvious deviation from the plan, but Boro is a completely different type of kill. I don't know what it could mean, though.
I think you're up to something quite important here Mac. Whether you just spotted it or whether you know it because you have been discussing those kills with your mates is another matter. But the pattern has changed to be sure.

The problem of course is that both Mac and Lommy could be seen to pick that kind of style: take first down those independent minded and involved players who might be able to make the right decisions but who are not the "highest profile" -ones, and then, when it's safe enough and the game is "old" enough, start killing those loudmouths influencing the village against your wishes... Then you could say you were good sports giving the addicted players a chance to play but finish them off before they got too dangerous.

But it means one of them probably is a mutineer (or then Mith is?) as that kind of tactics suits certain people better and not so well others...

So which one of you speaks the truth? I can see why Mac the innocent would do what he did - and I can see why Mac the mutineer would have done that. And the same goes with Lommy: her actions are understandable both ways as well.

Although looking at how it all played out I'd be a bit more confident with Lommy speaking the truth here - and there we should check those who lynched her at the last minutes thus saving Mac. But I must admit - and as a ghost I can do it freely - that I can see the counterwise scenario being possible: the wolves & cobblers tried to lynch Mac but the decent innocents came to rescue him in the end.

The only problem with the latter interpretation is that innocents not knowing about each other - or anyone - rarely manage to make that kind of illustrious "saves" at the last moments but the mutineers have all the tools for it (eg. knowledge) - not the least in a game where nothing is revealed with the death of someone where they can quiite boldly execute those saving operations...

I need to check that voting...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:43 PM   #1077
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Nerwen. That was not the case, and you know it. -eyerolling-

I am not a Cobbler, thank you very much.
Like -enter expletive- seriously, there is too much elitist stuff going on here.

Nerwen is a mutineer.
Mac... is Mac

I've no time to catch up on missed reading right now.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:02 PM   #1078
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
YesterDay's voting then...

Izzy ++ Mac
Nerwen ++ Mac 2
Lommy ++ Mac 3
Mith ++ Gwath
Eönwë ++ Mac 4
Boro ++ Mac 5
"Mac’s "reveal"
Shasta ++ Lommy
Izzy -- Mac 4
Izzy ++ Lommy 2
Mac ++ Lommy 3
Nerwen -- Mac 3
Nerwen ++ Lommy 4

Taking out Lommy and Mac from the stir it leaves us with:

Izzy and Nerwen voting for Mac and then retracting it to Lommy - they were first to vote for Mac and the last to change.

Eönwë and Boro (known to be not a mutineer) voted for Mac.

Shasta voted for Lommy.

Mith went voting for Gwath - early it was though...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:28 PM   #1079
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Izzy, do you or do you not believe that Greenie (where is she anyway?) was the Seer?
Old 06-26-2009, 05:41 PM   #1080
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Izzy, do you or do you not believe that Greenie (where is she anyway?) was the Seer?
By her own words, she doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
The more I see. I don't believe the claim of Greenie, and subsequent "known-innocence" of Nerwen. She sure isn't acting like an innocent.
And this, in response to Rikae questioning her about the previous quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
Just because someone is innocent, doesn't mean they don't have schemes of their own. xD