The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-22-2009, 02:04 PM   #681
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
They're oil paints.
Some are pottery glazes.

Ishbrown for me.

Suggests I am bland. Camouflage. Analysis good.

Disagree about Durelin. Think burnt umber. Barely agree on Brinn as phthalo. Suggest Titanium instead. Naples yellow light for Nog. Yellow ochre for Gwath. Lari as shinoku. On a good firing.

Color = fascinating.

But confusing.

Ergo, burnt umber = chocolatey brown. = neutral tone, used as darkening agent. Also used in underpainting: most effective under the surface. Durelin as burnt umber = she is too subtle, and feels too dark, yet is still neutral. Cool tone.

Phthalo is cool, soft. Titanium = white. Overwhelming. Brinn feels titanium, always.

Naples yellow = bright; naples light = common skin tone. Suggest, Nog is what on the surface he appears to be.

Yellow ochre = sometimes overwhelming sunflower color. Too bright. Too abrupt. Dislike stylistically, but find useful and interesting.

Shinoku. Glaze. If surrounded by too much heat, comes off as bad. Lari = metaphorical pot: shinoku is good, just sometimes seems not.

No codes from me. Just colors, with explanations.

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 03-22-2009 at 02:05 PM. Reason: x'd since 674
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:08 PM   #682
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Yellow ochre = sometimes overwhelming sunflower color. Too bright. Too abrupt. Dislike stylistically, but find useful and interesting.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:15 PM   #683
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Some are pottery glazes.
Yes. Some are oil paints and some pottery glazes. They are mostly just colors as I was using them. Google should give you a good impression of the color if you check.

And brownie points to Gwath for guessing oil paints as they are mostly that.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:17 PM   #684
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
Yes. Some are oil paints and some pottery glazes. They are mostly just colors as I was using them. Google should give you a good impression of the color if you check.

And brownie points to Gwath for guessing oil paints as they are mostly that.
Well, I recognized a lot of them from painting class.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:19 PM   #685
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Just trying to get my thoughts together after that look at the votes.

The Lommy voters:
Mith is a difficult one. I don't think she is the Seer. Given how sure she was of Lommy yesterDay and the fact that she was proved right the wolves surely went after her. I think she is the phantom's apprentice and I still don't know whether that role is for the village or for it's own good. I don't think she's a wolf either though so I won't vote her.

Mac - the way that he reached his vote for Lommy seems odd to me because he discounted Durelin because he was unlikely to get a vote for her, then listed a bunch of people who with the exception of Lommy had no votes but then said he was voting for her not because she'd got votes but because he agreed with what others said. I would like to hear him answer this though.

Brinn - not actually liking her playing style this game. Or, not the playing style exactly but the fact that she seems to be really holding back. It feels like she doesn't trust herself to post substance.

Fea - who knows?

Durelin I'm happy with.

Nog I'm alright with.

Nerwen - well the vote feels a bit safe as I think she'd have been aware that there was no point in voting Gwath or in not voting Lommy when she voted. I'd like to see what she does toDay.

So those I won't vote toDay from this list:
Nerwen
Nog
Durelin
Fea
Mith
Mac (at least not until I hear a response from him)

Those I might:
Brinn

From the Gwath voters I might vote Lari.

So ... overall it's Brinn or Lari I think.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:22 PM   #686
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

I should point out that in this particular game, posting style is not a good basis for suspicion because of possible behavior modifications that the player may be operating within.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:23 PM   #687
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles
Wait, wait... Lari already did post toDay? I thought she hadn't. And she didn't explain her vote? *sharpens knife*
Yes I did not explain my vote nor do I really intend to because I'm having a hard time figuring out how to explain it and go with my crack role. Clearly I'm trying to figure out how to do that, but I have the problem of writing a horribly long paper that I've been sort of putting off and will not be able to devote an adiquit amount of time to WW toDay. Yes earlier I did but I was also trying to wake up and then I started on my paper.

Sorry for the nonexplination.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:34 PM   #688
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Lari's role = no analysis?

Mith, I said I'm not on *your* side, and if Mac's on your side, I'm not on his side either. Or so it seems. If I'm wrong, then I'm headed for a bad mistake toNight. (But I'm never wrong, and you're headed directly into the fire swamp!)
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:38 PM   #689
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Fighting talk but the village won't thank you for getting rid of me... even if you have the power....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:40 PM   #690
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Mac - the way that he reached his vote for Lommy seems odd to me because he discounted Durelin because he was unlikely to get a vote for her, then listed a bunch of people who with the exception of Lommy had no votes but then said he was voting for her not because she'd got votes but because he agreed with what others said. I would like to hear him answer this though.
Well, why vote for somebody if you know nobody else will probably join you. Also, I was somewhat less sure of her. The random people were the people I labeled suspicious or unsure some time before. I voted Lommy because of both, the vote for her and my agreement with others.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:45 PM   #691
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Alright Mac, but at that point Lommy had one single vote. There were a lot of people left to vote, many of whom had previously mentioned suspicion of Durelin. It just didn't quite seem to follow on neatly.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:56 PM   #692
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
All of these Lommy voters are quite capable of voting for one of their feathered friends. Even starting the vote for one.

All of the following posts are from yesterDay, and are only here because they had DuckLommy in them.

Mith.
#457 - Says Lommy is ringing her alarm bells, is "frivolous".
#487 - Says to Rikae that Lommy and Nienna are much better lynches via her own deductions. As opposed to Rikae wanting to lynch Mith and M's son.
#515 - Calls Lommy "Miss Duck". She is quite certain that Lommy and Nienna are ducks.
#519 - Votes Lommy. She is very confident and invites everyone to bandwagon.

She was quite certain about Lommy her whole Day, and didn't seem to falter from the path. It almost looks like she tried to test the waters out a bit, then decided to just steam ahead. I think the sheer confidence in her statements-as-facts made her look a bit seerish; enabling others to take her up on her invitation more easily. However, she is not the Seer.
---

Mac.
#472 - Can usually figure Lommy out. In this case she is unknown - whether to her being evil or her requirement, not sure.
#549 - Votes Lommy. Is more suspicious of her than other choices (Brin, Kath, Nilp). Takes Mith's invite. Agrees with Mith and Gwath.

He is quite capable of starting, being in the early votes - of another Were. I seem to remember something involving Sally a number of games ago. The placement and timing of the vote alone - makes him look innocent. The almost sparsity of his thoughts on Lommy and the almost jump from unknown to voting - is a bit questionable. I believe this to be a both negative and positive. So he is still a half WereDuck.
---

Brin.
#552 - Lommy doesn't sit right with her. Because of what she says, not how. She wonders if this time, it is dealing with an evil Lommy.
#570 - Says she could vote for either Lommy or Wilwa, L is suspicious, and would rather have L die than Gwath.
#577 - Votes for L.

Again. There is sparsity in her thoughts on Lommy. The timing and placement of such thoughts, and vote. There is seeming jumping - from "not sitting right" to "suspicious". A mighty leap in the matter of 18 posts on the board.
That she brought L to be tied with Gwath speaks in her favor. However, I could see her jumping on the wagon early for her feather mate; to look less suspicious.
---

Fea.
#508 - Sort of trusts L on "ideas of March with knife".
#578 - Votes for L

I believe her posting requirement is restraining her beyond belief. However, I think I could see her faking such a requirement for the craziness of it. The timing and placement speaks in her favor; but with not much else to go on - *shrug*
---

Gwath.
#533 - He is beginning to consider Mith's invite for a wagon on L.
#546 - He objects to L's representation of his motives.
#548 - Says L is taking something small and blowing it up, to lynch him
#564 - Will probably vote L. Unless something crazy happens.
#580 - Votes for L.

He seemed quite genuine in his rebuttal to L and subsequent vote. I'm leaning more towards innocent - though I wouldn't rule out it being a Duck vs. Duck situation.
---

Dury.
#443 - She says she should've stuck with L or Mac on Day one.
#486 - Agrees with Mith about L.
#525 - Half of her thinks L is a Duck, the other half thinks L is being too careless to be a Duck.
#571 - Will vote for L or Lari.
#576 - Fells worse about Lari. L's behavior is too uncautious for a Duck.
#581 - Votes for L. L has more support, and she finds L guilty.

The placement of her vote, is quite 'hop on the wagon'. However she was one of the more vocal about her doubts with L. Though it could've been a ruse, to distance herself from L since Mith was so certain. I still think her innocent.
---

Nog.
#569 - Dury's points on L look sensible. Same with Mith's. It is the first time he is uneasy with L's posts. They are overtly careful, and she avoids debating.
#584 - L is worrying him. She is too defensive and vague. She doesn't feel honest.
#587 Votes L. Says that a lot depends on L's role; will enable to see about others' roles.

Would he vote for a feather mate? Yes. His suspicions of L were quite late in the day - I assume because of time and business. His vote of her, after she'd pretty much already been sentenced, is quite 'hop on the wagon'. He is still quarter WereDuck, three quarters Duck.
---

Nerwen.
#586 - Goes back and forth between L and Gwath. One is half mad, the other is wholly unscrupulous.
#589 - Votes L. Says there is no point in voting outside L and Gwath. L feels a bit worse.

I don't think her vote counted. I think she definitely jumped on the wagon. Whether because of a whim or to try and make herself look better for voting for a Duck... *shrug*
---

Most suspicious out of the Lommy voters:
Brin, Nerwen

Halfsies:
Mac, Mith, Nog, Fea

Quartersies:
Dury, Gwath

X'd since Nog's #676.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:07 PM   #693
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mith is kind of sounding like an OMT, whom is trying to reason with the village to keep her alive while she "helps".
Old 03-22-2009, 03:14 PM   #694
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
Mith is kind of sounding like an OMT, whom is trying to reason with the village to keep her alive while she "helps".
OMT? I'm sorry? *tries to keep up with the acronyms*
Old 03-22-2009, 03:15 PM   #695
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
OMT? What is that? I like to know what I am being accused of.

And what exactly is unhelpful about identifying ducks? I'd really love to know. As I say when I stop doing so you are quite free to lynch me.

Old 03-22-2009, 03:15 PM   #696
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Oh sorry.
OMT = One Man Team.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:18 PM   #697
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Here's me taking a Yellow Ochre look at Wilwarin.

Most of her early posts aren't worth trying to analyze, so I've left them out. It will suffice to say that she voted for Legate because she didn't want to introduce another voting candidate into the mix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Wow, my life on a coin flip, that's pretty scary...

Anyway, I have been given a second chance at life so I will definitely try and be useful.

[quotes someone]

It must simply mean that we are only dealing with wolves and not a bear or anything. Unless the bear gave up his chance for a kill so that we wouldn't know of his existence right away, but I doubt that.

Lommy's "seer hint" spot makes a lot of sense, seers always seem to be the main target for wolves so it wouldn't surprise me for a second that they'd go after anyone who could fill that role.

[quotes someone]

I'm thinking no for 2 and 3. They had 24 hours to decide on something and most likely plenty of people to choose from, so I doubt they were under that much pressure. 3 isn't really a smart tactic for them, people who don't talk much can aquire a lot of suspicion so to kill them off wouldn't be overly intelligent. 1 is possible, but it's a scary notion that everything is going exactly as they planned.

Well, it's really quite impossible to know what their thinking, so I think we should maybe just keep Mira in the back of our minds then toMorrow when their is another kill we can compare the two, see if there is some pattern or something, perhaps I'll re-read her's later, though what Lommy found seems to make quite a lot of sense...

For now I need to go run some erands, I'll be back fairly shortly. Perhaps I'll make a list of some sort...

x'posted since my last
Ok, in this first post she is addressing Mira's death on Night 1. She doesn't really say anything new and original, though that in itself isn't necessarily suspicious. Some of her reactions in this post appear feigned to me: basically, wherever smileys show up. I should also point out that she supports Lommy twice; maybe a wolf would be less likely to associate with a fellow, maybe not.

Quote:
Uhm, ok....I'll return shortly with some quotes and such to back this all up, but for now this is my starting list, subject to change:

The list of people who confuse the heck out of me:
  • Fea
  • Nerwen
  • Nilp
The list of people who I have absolutely no clue about:
  • Izzy
  • Mith
  • Kath
  • Mac
  • Nienna
The list of people I'm pretty sure about:
  • Lommy
  • Rikae
  • Brinn
  • Nogrod
The list ofpeople I suspect most at this time:
  • Gwath
  • Lari
  • Dury
Quote:

Okee, down to business. My 3 suspects as I listed above: Durelin, Lari and Gwath. I went back and skimmed through some stuff and I found the most against Gwath (see below). Dury is purely an eerie creepy bad feeling, I don't think I'll be voting her toDay, but I wouldn't be against the idea either, we'll see how it all goes.

Lari, well, she posts alot, like a lot....and I couldn't find much that was really interesting. She just makes me uneasy and I'm very tempted to vote for her toDay.

Now Gwath, I saw this and went "oh!", let me know if it's already been mentioned and I just didn't see it:

k, so he puts Legate on his "sort of" suspicious list, says he's too obvious to be a wolf but then votes for him anyway?? I mean I know I voted for him without any hard core suspicion, but I admitted that. Here he basically says that there are 2 other people he is more suspicious of, that Legate's unlikely to be a wolf, and then votes him anyways. o.O So yeah, I don't like that....so I stopped reading when I saw this, wanted to comment first, will now be going back and reading all of his posts once more. Unless someone else does something crazy I think I'll be voting for Gwath.
Her suspicions of Durelin and Lariren at this point seem to be based mostly on bad feelings; she also seems pretty confident already that she will end up voting for me. I find her case against me to be pretty weak; others may disagree. I have tried to explain that stupid Legate thing as well as I can, so I won't do it again unless someone asks.

It looks to me like Wilwarin was fishing for a voting target and had already picked me, but threw Durelin and Lariren in there just to make it look more like the due process of law.

Quote:

Anyway, I'm leaning more and more towards voting for Gwath, he's really starting to urk me. I hadn't gotten the chance before to go back and read all his posts (had to go pick up my brother unexpectidely), but I will do that right now.
She reiterates her suspicion of me and spells two words wrong.

Quote:
K Kath, I gotcha now, and ya I believe I had just agreed with Lommy about that.

Anyway, re-reading Gwath's and Lari's posts again, I definitely will vote for one of them, leaning more towards Gwath for sure though. This is really just a quick peek in, I won't make it on again for a couple more hours and then will probably vote then.
Why does she keep Lariren in here? She already specified two posts ago that unless something crazy happened, she was probably going to vote for me. And she doesn't ever really even elaborate on why she is so suspicious of Lariren, even though she allegedly found by far the most evidence against me?

Quote:
Well basically just the frequent, short posts and your overall attitude, I just don't like it. Kinda like why I'm iffy about Lari, all the banter and such just doesn't sit well with me. I honestly wish I could give you more, but I don't have it. There's just a large amount of people that aren't striking me as being guilty, mostly just insane, probably cause of Sally's assignments. It's making the game very interesting in that there aren't many I find suspicious, I'm just really hoping to get lucky.
Hmmm. She's just really hoping to get lucky. Whereas I was by far the more suspicious three posts ago, notice that she now compares her case against me to her case against Lariren, which consisted of, approximately: "she just makes me uneasy."

Conclusion: Reasonably Suspicious
Wilwarin, to me, seems to be either an ordo who is very busy and doesn't have the time to put extensive thought into this game, or a wereduck who is trying to avoid suspicion by being non-comittal and low-key. Her cases against myself, Lariren, and Durelin are very, very flimsy and seem artificial, as if she was making them up and hadn't done a very thorough job. There is some inconsistency, too, which is by no means an indicator of evil-intentions, though it is easier to fall into contradiction when you aren't telling the truth.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:30 PM   #698
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

On Mith

I'm beginning to agree with Izzy about Mith being on her own team... I remember in Shasta's game Fea was the Black Queen and on her own team and she couldn't be killed by the wolves on the first try. Maybe something like this is happening. It could be that Mith was chosen for the kill last night, as some have suggested, and being on her own team wasn't able to be killed. Since she may be 'tricked out' then maybe she had the ability to find out someone's role (Lommy) and is trying to now help the village kill off ducks (definitely still a good idea) but so that she can pick off the villagers as well. She has never said that she was an innocent or that she was on the village's team just that as long as she was helping the village they should keep her alive.

*sigh... still confused but maybe slightly less so?*
Old 03-22-2009, 03:37 PM   #699
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

here....reading...
Old 03-22-2009, 03:39 PM   #700
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Conclusion: Reasonably Suspicious
I actually need to change this to "Somewhat Suspicious." I think that's more accurate.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:58 PM   #701
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Just so everything is perfectly clear:

I was only throwing that out there. I can't eliminate Mith; you have to.

I can neutralize the efforts of our worst enemy, in a way, if I'm lucky - whoever it may be.

That's all.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 04:07 PM   #702
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

I'm going to look at the posts of my two potential votees and see if I can decide between them.

Lari first:

Day 1:
Huge amounts of pointless banter.

Some good ideas about possible role requirements and possible actual roles as well. The good cobbler idea is an interesting one and she does come up with the idea of someone having extra voting power.

Makes a list with not one single bit of reasoning and votes Durelin, who isn't even at the top of her guilty list, again with any reasoning.

Day 2:
Seemed to have an awful lot of confusion over the Lover role yet at the same time knew a lot about past roles. Which is what makes me a little suspicious of her when she acts the newbie.

Really keen on promoting the trailless kill idea, perhaps to try and keep people thinking there is nothing to see in the kill. Again that odd comment I noticed yesterDay.

List post - comes up with Lommy, Rikae, Mith, Mac and wilwa as suspects. Most of the reasoning is based on bad feelings with only her Mac suspicion having any real strength to it.

Votes Gwath - no reasoning in the post, having had no mention of him all Day.

Day 3:
Some good thoughts on what happened at Night.

Alright so most of my suspicion is based around the odd comment from yesterDay, the lack of reasoning behind any of her suspects and the complete randomness of her vote for Gwath with it's lack of explanation toDay.

Brinn next.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:09 PM   #703
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Brinn - not actually liking her playing style this game. Or, not the playing style exactly but the fact that she seems to be really holding back. It feels like she doesn't trust herself to post substance.
Do you think I'm holding back because I'm not making long thought-out posts containing lists for a change? You do know this is a behaviour modification game, right?
Old 03-22-2009, 04:10 PM   #704
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Now Brinn.

I was doing this at the same time as I was doing Lari which is why it follows on.

Day 1:
Huge amounts of pointless banter.

At the point where she becomes 'serious' she only really says who she won't vote for. Does make a good point about watching out for voting based on playing style.

Says she doesn't like Legate or Lommy's votes. Well she was right about Lommy but that could be due to being a fellow wolf or an innocent so that's not much help.

To answer a point of hers, I said to focus on the chatterers because while I think it possible that one person might have a requirement of not posting any substance I don't believe that any more than one person would have that requirement so I don't think it was a silly idea to look at them at all - especially now that my suspicions lie with two of those people.

Votes Legate and does have reasoning from earlier.

Day 2:
Nothing of substance, and I mean nothing, until we get to about post 498 and even then it's only asking Gwath to talk more. She complained the Day before about me singling her out when she wasn't around but she didn't really redeem herself here.

Talks about some players, only really has reasoning behind her conclusions for one person.

Pops up with suspicion of wilwa and Lommy. I wouldn't put it past her to be a wolf and have joined the Lommy bandwagon as I said earlier.

Defends Gwath which is interesting. Most people yesterDay seemed to think that both Gwath and Lommy were suspicious but to varying degrees with Lommy coming out top whereas Brinn argued Gwath's innocence and went for Lommy. Depending on what Gwath turns out to be (if he's anything) that could be a very good choice for a wolf willing to sacrifice a packmate.

Votes Lommy - no reasoning in the post.

Day 3:
Good thoughts on what happened at Night.

Lists wilwa, Nienna, me and Durelin as worrying but with no reasoning. Wonders about Rikae and does have a reason for that.

Goes with the Rikae thing.

My problem here is that so much of my suspicion is based on feelings, which is what I just suspected Lari for. But I'm wary that every reason I'm thinking of for suspecting Brinn could be due to that bad feeling I have about her. That said she hasn't had a huge amount of reasoning behind her suspicions. I think though that I find Lari more suspicious in general, especially because I can find more concrete reasons.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:11 PM   #705
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Guilty
n.a. - dammit.

Guilty enough
Lari - everything says stone her, but my feeling says it'd be unwise.
Nienna - too uncommitted, and even when she gives reasons, they seem fishy. Not much real evidence, but a rather bad feeling. It's Day3, so her newbie protection has expired.

unsure
Nerwen
Nilp
Nogrod
Rikae - there's more to her than she shows, therefore I think I'll be careful about voting her.
Wilwa

Innocent enough
Brinn - as others said, she seems to be holding something back. Otherwise, not worried.
Durelin
Gwath
Kath - has been reasonable enough toDay.
Mith - question mark about her actual role, but that will resolve itself eventually.

Innocent
Fea
Isabellkya

For me, it will come down to Lari or Nienna and whoever out of the unsure group decides to act suspiciously between now and soon.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:13 PM   #706
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
Do you think I'm holding back because I'm not making long thought-out posts containing lists for a change? You do know this is a behaviour modification game, right?
No to the first question, yes to the second. My behaviour has been horribly modified toDay but I'm getting my points across and I've got reasoning in there. I don't believe that your modification would stop you doing that effectively. I'm not suspecting you because of your playing style, I'm suspecting you because you complain about me being suspicious of you when you've not been around but when you are around you're just posting nonsense half the time. I'm suspecting you because I don't believe that three people's role requirements would be to post nonsense which seemed to be your argument.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:29 PM   #707
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwath, about me
seems to be either an ordo who is very busy and doesn't have the time to put extensive thought into this game
Yes...which I'm sorry for, when I signed up I thought I'd have more time then I actually do, but I'm trying my hardest.

Ok, so I read through today, I'm gonna do a list thing, and yes lots has changed for me since yesterDay, I'll admit my past list was put together quite quickly and with quite a small degree of though. But right now I'm in no rush so quite a bit more thought has gone into this:

Fea: I'm thinking she's got a pretty crazy "assignment" for how she has to post, it would actually surprise me if she's a duck, I'm thinking she's either an ord or has a made up role or something.

Brinn: hmmm, I actually don't have to much of a read on her, though I'm leaning morish towards innocent, nothing really pops out to much for me

Durelin: I said yesterDay there was bad feelings and such, still kinda there, and no I don't have anything to back them up, but I don't think I'll vote for her

Nogrod: Starting to not feel as good about him, what Izzy said in her post at 692 kinda struck something with me, I'll be coming back with more of my own oppinion after, don't want to base it just on what someone else said

Izzy: feel pretty good about her too, not actually much to say

Nerwen: uh, her last minute votes, or lack thereof, really bug me, and I know she has this "assignment" to be all peppy and stuff, but that's all I'm seeing from her, I'm not seeing really any effort despite the large amount of posts, the voting thing though mostly I don't like

Rikae: yeah, I had put her in the "sure about" column yesterDay, honestly that had been somewhat of a random placement, all the cobbler suspicions are making quite a bit of sense, though I'm greatly curious to see what she thinks will happen toNight, for all we know it's something good, so I'm inclined to keep her around toDay, though next Day I wouldn't hesitate to vote for her

Mith: I trust her, I'm thinking the wolves thought her a Seer and chose her as their kill, and she wasn't the Seer but something else, seemingly the phantom's apprentice. This could be good for us, so I'm not gonna vote for her, and think about it, the wolves probably tried to kill her and it didn't work, so if we tried it may not work either anyway. But I think we should keep her around.

Kath: liking what I see, she's making sense and seems to be thinking very logically, if she has an "assignment" I can't figure out what it may be.

Lari: uhm, yeah, still not liking, her banter from Day 1 won't leave my head and since then she just seems so.....so.....I don't even know, this is a gut feeling, though I'm seeing that some attention was brought to her because of her vote yesterDay, I'll need to go check out what happened there more closely.

Mac: not really standing out either way for me, though he seems to be useful, I'm inclined to think well of him

Nienna: she's here and there for me, at times I find her pretty clean at others there's things I don't like, won't be voting for her but will be keeping a close eye on her

Gwath: haha, my personal spell checker I suppose ....I was quite suspicious of him yesterDay, and I still stand by my reasoning, I don't think I'll be voting for him again however, but I still don't trust him...though I like that he puts a capital W on my name

Nilp: wow, so mixed up, I honestly find him amusing, and very odd, but not suspicious, he was added to the game last minute and I honestly believe his role is to mess with our heads

Don't believe I missed anyone.....so that's it for now, I'll be gone for about the next 2.5 hours, ish. Then I should probably be back pretty consistently til the end of the Day.

x'posted since Gwath
Old 03-22-2009, 04:34 PM   #708
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Time to vote so:

++LARI

Between Brinn and Lari I feel more sure of her. When I looked through the Gwath voters she seemed pretty suspicious and then that 'I can't explain because of my role but also because I'm busy' post didn't really help things. In addition my reasoning for Brinn seems to be based mostly on feelings and I'm not confident about voting on those.

And that's it from me.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:37 PM   #709
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Yes...which I'm sorry for, when I signed up I thought I'd have more time then I actually do, but I'm trying my hardest.
Perhaps, and perhaps you're just taking advantage of the potential excuse I suggested in my post, i.e. busyness. Hmmm.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:38 PM   #710
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Okay.

I think it as obvious as any thing in this odd game can be, that Mith is the phantom's apprentice. Remember how much she talked about tp in the first Days and compare it to her now. So that was a posting requirement: before you get your "mission" done (or whatever it is) you'll have to idolise tp but then you are released from it.

Now what follows from that? We surely don't know. Maybe she has a power to distract the ducks once in the game? Maybe she gets new powers after being attacked at Night? Maybe she became immortal as the narration suggests?

But whatever the answer is, I would strongly advice against lynching her. At least for the time being. We owe her a deathless Night anyway and she might still help us.

There's a possibility she was turned into a duck when being attacked, but I do doubt that one. It was said in the narration that the ducks were permanently scarred from the blinding light PA flashed. It doesn't feel like joining them but defeating them to me.

X'd since wilwa...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 04:40 PM   #711
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
when you are around you're just posting nonsense half the time. I'm suspecting you because I don't believe that three people's role requirements would be to post nonsense which seemed to be your argument.
No, that was not my argument. And while I have made a few nonsense posts, saying that half of my posts have no substance is a bit of an exaggeration. While you say you aren't suspecting based on style, you still seem to be suspecting based on behaviour.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:46 PM   #712
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Nogrod, I agree with you. Not only because of her earlier talk of phantom, but also because she seemed to be one of the more obvious targets for last Night. It makes sense.

I don't think she's on the ducks' side, but that doesn't necessarily mean she's on our side either. But either way, I say it's smartest to leave her alone for now at least.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:49 PM   #713
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

[QUOTE=Nogrod;590476]Okay.

I think it as obvious as any thing in this odd game can be, that Mith is the phantom's apprentice. Remember how much she talked about tp in

Now what follows from that? We surely don't know. Maybe she has a power to distract the ducks once in the game? Maybe she gets new powers after being attacked at Night? Maybe she became immortal as the narration suggests?

But whatever the answer is, I would strongly advice against lynching her. At least for the time being. We owe her a deathless Night anyway and she might still help us.

QUOTE]

Nogrod maybe you looked at my first post ..... I long ago said that TP and I had a Pythia /Deity relationship but I will not hobble like a hag after his bright feet....

Last edited by Mithalwen; 03-22-2009 at 04:50 PM. Reason: spelling only
Old 03-22-2009, 05:04 PM   #714
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hmm.

Could see myself voting for toDay:

Lari - Because she is looking to be guilty of having feathers. Though, I'm slightly disinclined to actually vote for her, since toDay seems like it would be a cop-out for me.

Mac - For the most part, he looks really innocent. The last time I remember him looking this innocent - he was super furry.

Nienna - She is starting to creep me out. I have the feeling she is following people too much.

Maaaybe:

Nerwen - She is probably just an Ordo with a heinous posting requirement of cheerleader. Though her voting of Lommy yesterDay is suspicious.

Brin - She is probably restrained by her posting requirement as well. However, I'm not entirely comfortable in her jump of suspicions against Lommy.

Not so much toDay:

Mith - Eh. She knows things. What and how she knows what she knows, I've no idea. Definitely something funny going on.

Rikae - She knows things. I suspect how and what are different compared to Mith. Again, I've no idea. Another one who is inflicted with funniness.

Nog - He is definitely a Duck. I just don't know if full were or not.

Nah, looking a bit sparkly:

Gwath - Meh. Nothing looks overtly suspicious.

Dury - Same as Gwath.

Kath - Same as Dury.

Nah, no idea:

Fea - She definitely seems to be heavily restrained by her posting requirement. So, she is probably an ordo.

Nilp - He is crazy. Why he would claim to be the Apprentice, then disregard it - not sure.

Wilwa - She is more innocent, but I've still no idea.

X'd since Kath's #708.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:34 PM   #715
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Ok need to go but while I don't retract a thing I have said...

++Kath

Sometimes revenge is a dish best served very cold.

Old 03-22-2009, 05:37 PM   #716
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Bah, I fought with my Firefox for a while and then it went down, but there's always the bad old Explorer...

I do agree with the comments that Rikae looks cobblerish. Looking at the way her posting develops toDay is interesting indeed...

First she tried the card of knowing things others don't - especially knowing something about the "real seer" (what would be more easy to say in a game of frustratingly odd roles left and right?). Then she started calling us to lynch her if we dare to suspect her. And there was no heavy suspecting towards her in between these two first ones.

Then came this which really freaks me out:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Leaving me alive is great - for my side - as you shall see toNight.
Promising to do something so that we should not lynch her toDay - but at the same time remaining incomprehensive, almost threathening.

Later she came back and got more specific by saying she is able to neutralize the efforts of "our worst enemy, in a way, if lucky".

So first it would be great and we could see it toNight - and then it was only possible, in a way, if she got lucky...

So what is she? Not a gifted on our side. No and no. I had this same feeling already on Day1 as you can see if you go back there. But neither do I think she is a member of the duck-trio - or is she just aiming at this kind of reaction? Maybe she is the bad counterpart of Mith who gets her speciality after accomplishing something?

Or maybe she is the cobbler as she feels like being? Confusion, missed energies, possibly wishing to die instead of letting us to get a duck? The cobbler-role(s) sure must be modified as well, so maybe she actually knows something - and is a cobbler at the same time?

Anyway, if she is a cobbler we should probably try to lynch a duck first.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:40 PM   #717
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Voting time for me.

I still don't have a good feeling about voting Lari, and I don't like it how often she is mentioned. I have some vague picture of Nog, Rikae, and Wilwa, but I don't have any clue about the other two in my unsure group - Nerwen and Nilp. I'd like to lynch them just to find out, but that's not a good idea in general. I'm not entirely sure I'm doing the right thing with this vote either, but it's my best guess:

++Nienna
Old 03-22-2009, 05:45 PM   #718
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

When has Mith changed her sig into this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith's signatire
... unforseen by even the Valar, good and evil united, and the forces of greyness swept over the lands unchecked, doing deeds of compassion and cruelty far and wide.
And Mithalwen beheld all that was done, and saw that it was good - and evil

Just a freaking idea. Mith - and possibly Rikae as well - are kind of "real neutrals". Not on our side and not on the side of the ducks.

That would make things quite problematic.

And which would be their victory-conditions? "To survive" comes to mind... but I don't think so as they would have played differently then... *confused*
Old 03-22-2009, 05:55 PM   #719
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

If Mith were neutral - why would she tell us that we could get rid of her after she finds the Ducks? Doesn't seem too neutral to me.

Rikae was talking about a hairbrush earlier in the Day. And her phrasing on "sides" is a bit on the ambiguous ....side.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:56 PM   #720
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm inclined to ignore Rikae right now because I know she wants to be lynched. Besides, she's fun to have around when she's like this. Her vague suggestions of extra knowledge and dangerous powers seem very much like she's just having fun...but as she's said herself, she's not on our side... Really considering this game in general I wonder if we should worry about her a bit more than we'd usually be inclined to...

I agree that Mith should not be lynched toDay. I am not sure why she's still being vague, but obviously she does not have a straightforward role. Pretty typical, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
All I ask is that I am not lynched while I am still delivering ducks for the village. I can't prove I am not bluffing but even if it were a bluff why not profit from it while you can?
I suppose you can't tell us how you are able to 'deliver' ducks to us, either? I don't know how many people voted for Lommy following your lead yesterDay and I don't know how many will follow your lead toDay. I voted for Lommy because I actually found her guilty. Granted, I find Nienna rather suspicious, too, and you mentioned her earlier as your target. So we'll see, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
Mac - For the most part, he looks really innocent. The last time I remember him looking this innocent - he was super furry.
Hehe, oh I remember that. His Day 1 behavior was a little inconsistent, but I can see what you mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwath
Wilwarin, to me, seems to be either an ordo who is very busy and doesn't have the time to put extensive thought into this game, or a wereduck who is trying to avoid suspicion by being non-comittal and low-key.
Indeed. Nienna seems the same way to me. I find Nienna more suspicious only because I recall wilwa came across this way to me last game, as well.

Lari has been quite similarly non-comittal and on the edge of things, and her vote looks really bad. Maybe too bad, considering.

(Edit: crossed with everyone since Mith's vote...and oookay, I guess she changed targets.)
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote