The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-17-2008, 10:23 AM   #641
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I need to go and get ready for work.

++Eonwe

His behavior from Day 1 - now suggests to me that he could well be the changed wolf. His early posts suggest to me an innocent who just wants to survive. But as the game progressed he became less noticeable and everyone was shifting their suspicions elsewhere by Day 3, so he had a chance to gradually make the shift in his playing style from innocent to wolf without anyone really noticing.

As for everyone else I'd say Rikae looks the worst. But for all three it's hard for me to say. Somethings look innocent, but other things look downright sinister. However, this must be one day at a time.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:59 AM   #642
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
On day 1 Eönwë accuses Nerwen purely in character, and says she isn't doing anything useful, suggesting she's the spammer (though he also suggests that Nilp or Form is the spammer). He's a bit jumpy and says my accidental twisting of his words sounds wolfish.
He voted for Mith that day because she looked like she was half hiding behind her character and her attitude seemed slightly suspicious.

He continues being jumpy on day 2, but innocentishly so. He didn't suspect Mith as much anymore then - he thought she needed monitoring, but there were much more suspicious people around. He found EW the most suspicious for voting him without a reason after two others had done so, although he mentioned that Ka didn't seem to suspect him, either, but voted still. He voted for EW, and commented it seemed like he had become a suspicious character lately.

If he was a wolf from the beginning, I'll eat my head. There's something genuinely honest in those posts of his, and besides he voted for Mith on day 1. I don't want to underestimate a possible Eönwolf, but it would be an extremely bold move to vote for his fellow on day 1 in his first game as a wolf.

Okay, then day 3 when the new wolf was turned.

He's seemingly surprised by the Kath kill, but agrees that she left little trails. He thinks the extra wolf might not be easy to find, but hope shouldn't be abandoned. In his opinion, the person with the biggest change was Shasta, who was, if not silent, at least laid back, but was on day 3 lively and engaged in conversation. It didn't mean he was wolfish, though - the change might have been just because of time restraints.
Then he disappeared for hours and was back to vote for Nilp (who had 2 votes already), promising to explain it when he can.

On day 4 Eönwë replied to Boro's question about Dur saying she wants to look at Kit, asking if he had considered that Durelin would have just wanted to hide her identity by not naming the wolves, since if she had dreamed of her, a radical change of mind would look suspicious. This looks unlikely to me, and though I agreed with him then, my suspicion on Kitanna has lessened since. Somehow he looks like he's trying not to let suspicions on Kitanna fall.

I asked him to explain his vote for Nilp since he had promised to do it, and he said he didn't really know why he voted - it was more of a feeling. If he had been there at deadline, he would probably have voted for Mith. This is the first thing about him that I think is a bit suspicious. Mith had attracted so much suspicion on day 3 that it would make sense if the wolves had decided to sacrifice her after that. Eönwë might have wanted to make himself look better by saying that - but on the other hand he had been suspicious of her from the beginning (although he didn't mention her at all on day 3). Though if I remember correctly, Mith didn't have any votes by the time Eönwë voted whereas also Eönwë himself had one, so his Nilp vote might also have been for self-preservation.
In the same post he said that Shasta and Eomer seem suspicious, but he hopes they are "as innocent as they are entertaining".

He suspects Eomer for not voting Mith:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë
And how come Eomer is not voting Mithalwen?

He kept on saying how suspicious he was of her on the first two days, but then on the next two he votes Nilp and today he votes Shasta, specifically avoiding voting Mith. Is he our innocent-turned-wolf?
Now, now... There should be nothing suspicious in changing one's mind. This post suggests Eomer became a wolf and was informed Mith is his fellow. Eönwë accuses someone of not voting for a wolf before Mith's role is revealed to the village. Whoa.
Thus far I've been more inclined to think Eönwë could be innocent, after all, but not anymore after this one. Or, say, his innocence became just much less likely.

Then he votes for Mith himself. His main suspects were Mith, Shasta, Nogrod, Eomer, and maybe Kitanna, who was sometimes suspicious and sometimes not at all.
He replies to Nogrod's comment on his eyebrow-raising habit of not reading posts by asking if it wouldn't be too obvious even for him, if a wolf.

Day 4 is the last day he's really vocal. Only eight of his 57 posts were written during three last days.

On day 5 Eönwë agrees with Nogrod about Shasta being suspicious - he looks like he was trying to save Mith. Nog seems to be making a lot sense, but he doesn't know if that means he's a wolf trying to look good. After Shasta's revelation he jokingly (IC) suggests that both Shasta and Eomer are wolves who are just trying to look like gifteds, and ends his post by saying he seemingly got a bit carried away. That day he didn't vote, and tells later that his internet died. Now, tell me, Eönwë, who would you have voted, and why?

On day 6 he votes for Boro, notes that he has become a chief suspect, explains not voting and asks how he is connected to the Kath kill.

On days 1 & 2 Boro says Eönwë looks innocent.
On day 2 Mith says Eönwë could be the spammer.
On day 1, Nerwen votes for Eönwë when there was the risk that either she or Mith might have been lynched.

He doesn't look very suspicious after day 2, either, although more than on the first few days. But there are some things that really make me uncomfortable, like that quote I posted. And also that Mith thing - suspecting, not mentioning, suspecting again. But somehow I don't like the thought that he was turned in night 3 - or then Boro just is a damn good wolf and a horrible backstabber.

I think I could take the risk of lynching Eönwë today, and if he's not the wolf, my next choice would be Rikae.

Off to take my friend's dog for a walk (that's the price I have to pay for being allowed to stay at her home while she's fencing).

edit: xed with two Kits
Old 07-17-2008, 02:07 PM   #643
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
First of all, I want to say that I think Boro is the changed wolf.
Just for example look at what he said about me.

On day 1:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I think he's innocent.
on day 2:
Quote:
I don't want to see Eonwe lynched
But then there is a change in day 3:

Quote:
Now people that I strongly felt were innocent (Eomer, Eonwe, Agan) could suddenly be the one who changed sides overnight. Spotting a flip is possible, but I agree it definitely shouldn't be our priority.
he hints, but then later on:

Quote:
and I may have to start reconsidering my thoughts on Eonwe.
On Day 4:
Quote:
I said that Eonwe's Day 1 vote didn't look suspicious, but I might do a complete flip-flop here on Eonwe who is baffling me right now. (I'll get to that in a bit). Day 2 vote was out of self preservation, that doesn't say anything. Whether wolf or not, most people would want to stay in the village (occassionally we get a couple suicidals).
Quote:
An apologetic wolf is not unheard of.
and after that he starts treating me as a wolf.

Now, you could just say that he is an innocent that changed his mind, but that's obviously not true.

Then you could say that he was doing this to protect me if/when he died and we had planned it out. But then I wouldn't make it this obvious, would I?

The point I was trying to make is that we should look at all the posts, not just those after Night 3 (or just comparing before and after Night 3). All, I'm saying is that I think that this person has been a wolf since the very beginning, and has been hiding well. Of course, I may very well be wrong, but I'm just saying we shouldn't limit our sights.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:14 PM   #644
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Form suspected Nogrod more or less through the whole game, and wouldn't have minded lynching Eönwë in the first few days. He thought it likely that Durelin had dreamed of Kitanna and found her innocent. He suspected Rikae, and said she could also be a wolf who found him too innocent. On day 4 he thought Eönwë and I (and Boro) were innocent, started suspecting me, and seemed to find me innocentish again on day 5 unless my English skills fail me.

Eomer promised to take a look at Form but never got the chance.

Just thought if there was anything that would be of any help, since his kill probably wasn't completely random but chosen according to the interests of the last wolf - he might even have been relatively easy to frame after voting for Shasta despite finding Boro more wolfish.

Now, did he hit something right? If the wolf wanted to reduce pressure on him/her, Form's death would point to Rikae or Nog. If Kitanna or Eönwë were the wolf, wouldn't it have been easier to pick someone who really suspected them? Though very many didn't suspect Eönwë anymore when Form died, so could it have been a precaution, since Form had suspected him earlier? Or do they want to bluff? Somehow it would make more sense to pick someone who is more dangerous to the wolf, instead of bluffing, at this point of the game.

I'll go and watch the Sleeping Beauty now with my friend, but will be back to vote.

edit: xed with Eönwë. Yay, life in the thread!
Old 07-17-2008, 02:22 PM   #645
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
First of all, I want to say that I think Boro is the changed wolf.
---
All, I'm saying is that I think that this person has been a wolf since the very beginning, and has been hiding well. Of course, I may very well be wrong, but I'm just saying we shouldn't limit our sights.
Exactly which one did you mean?

In my opinion, either Boro or you is the changed wolf. You, because you started being more suspicious after day 2. Or Boro, because he was arrgh so innocent-looking before that (though also after that ) and I don't want to admit to following a wolf so blindly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë
Then you could say that he was doing this to protect me if/when he died and we had planned it out. But then I wouldn't make it this obvious, would I?
You would. Then you could ask "But then I wouldn't make it this obvious, would I?" and try to look innocent.

It would make sense that he started suspecting you when you were turned, since his fierce defense of you on the first days would have looked like defending a fellow wolf when one of you was discovered.

Okay going now.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:39 PM   #646
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
You would. Then you could ask "But then I wouldn't make it this obvious, would I?" and try to look innocent.

It would make sense that he started suspecting you when you were turned, since his fierce defense of you on the first days would have looked like defending a fellow wolf when one of you was discovered.
But people would say that anyway, so I was already pre-addressing the point.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:24 PM   #647
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm exhausted - nine hours at work - just a few quick thoughs on toDay for the moment, though:
First:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
Because attacking Shasta in the night would have been pretty risky - a missed kill this late in the game when there are so few of us left is not what the wolves want.
Worse than losing one of the two remaining wolves? Not to most wolves, I would think.

I do think Eomer's death makes Aganzir look more innocent.

Second:
I don't like Kitanna's post #635 - too much stating the obvious and too much "we can't tell anything". Sinister when Eomer's death points to her, among others.
Second, I don't like her vote. Her suspicions toward Eonwe don't seem particularly well formed, and seem to have come along, perhaps, in response to Nogrod.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 03:50 PM   #648
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
An hour ago, I thought I'd be too exhausted to participate, so I told Mac to help me out and do a quick Nogrod-analysis (since nobody seems to actually suspect him at all, which is odd). Now that he has finished it, I don't want to waste his effort and would still like to post it. Mac would like to remark that he has a little bit of a history to suspect Nogrod, but he really tried to be objective. He's not sure whether he succeeded, though.

Day One: He doesn’t seem to make any major points on day one, but on the first day, that’s nothing to be worried about. I noticed that he mostly criticised a few votes, which is a little convenient, because people who have voted are unlikely to return. It’s an easy way to go through day one without stepping on the feet of anybody who could step back.

Day Two: As I understand, Nogrod has been short on time up to this point? Anyway, I’m starting to wonder about the lack of real points in his posts. In #224 he gives us some on Kitanna, but that’s already it. I would expect Nogrod to try harder to read sense into the situation. In #168 he defends Nerwen rather vehemently, which raised an eyebrow of mine.

Now it’s getting more interesting, since it’s possible he was only turned into a wolf now (or Mith was just turned into a wolf).

Day Three: #258 is a bit suspicious to me: he makes a quite definite statement about what a wolf would do and, of course, what he did himself so far is unequal to that. He then builds up his suspicion on Mithalwen, which looks genuine at this point. Nothing more to say about this day.

Day Four: On this day his suspicion of Mith is starting to look fishy. He repeats to be certain about Mith several times, without giving any new input. Look at #356 and #359, for example. I’m undecided whether the chat between him and Mith that follows could be “wolf-on-wolf chat” or not. Later, he keeps on suspecting Mith strongly, but look at #408 as an example on how unaggressively he does this, mentioning his top suspect somewhere in the middle among his lesser ones. The way he handles it sounds like “I’m absolutely certain about Mith, but if you want to lynch someone else, oh well”. This really looks wolvish to me, because in hindsight he can claim to always have suspected Mith, but at the same time, he did not do much to actually get Mith lynched.
Another thing I noticed is that, after Eomer revealed, he kept on talking about the possibility of the “real hunter” challenging him. Is it just me, or does this look like a wolf hinting to the cobbler to challenge Eomer? (#378, #432)

Other than that, what he did that day looks quite innocent.

Day Five: He complains about the voting, which is a little fake, since he could have tried to alter the outcome earlier by urging a few people to vote for Mithalwen. I’d say that’s a sensible thing to do if your best suspect is on the verge of being lynched.
When Shasta and Boro came forward, he takes the side of Boromir. But then, many did.

I’m puzzled by how confused Nogrod is about his other suspicions. Is this genuine or a wolf trying to look confused in order to not have to come up with anything? In any case, it’s a bit untypical for him.

Day Six: I’m wondering why people think Nogrod to be so innocent-looking this day. He urges people to give their thoughts on everybody and keep on giving input, but then he fails to do so himself. All day long, he only agrees with what other people (Agan, especially) said. The only person he attacks a little is Eonwe, the least experienced villager left (no offenses here, Eonwe). However, his only real point against him - at this point! - is his DayOne behaviour. #615 is something a wolf would post to appear helpful without giving opinions of his own. I’m really sorry if I’m wrong about this, but, as I felt before, Nogrod doesn’t appear to be really interested in reading sense into the situation.

Day Seven: Continues going after Eonwe and does an analysis of Eomer, leading him to drop prior suspicions of Aganzir. Not much to say.

Last edited by Rikae; 07-17-2008 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Fixing formatting.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:53 PM   #649
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Another thing:
It seems to me that it's more likely Boromir would have sacrificed himself like he did if his fellow wolf was an experienced one (because otherwise he would have little hope s/he could survive to the end as a lone wolf). That makes Eonwe look more inncoentish to me...
Old 07-17-2008, 04:01 PM   #650
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

OK, I don't have much time. I vote:

++Kitanna

Because something's not quite right about her.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:09 PM   #651
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Agan, would you consider voting for Nogrod? I think I might slightly prefer him to Kitanna, although I also suspect her.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:15 PM   #652
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

There's a plot somewhere here to get my lynched! (wait, no)

Good night, people.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:31 PM   #653
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Another thing:
It seems to me that it's more likely Boromir would have sacrificed himself like he did if his fellow wolf was an experienced one (because otherwise he would have little hope s/he could survive to the end as a lone wolf).
I agree with you here.

Quote:
Agan, would you consider voting for Nogrod? I think I might slightly prefer him to Kitanna, although I also suspect her.
Aiee! I would. I suspect everyone now, at least to some extent, so yes - I'm considering voting for Nogrod, too.

It's two votes for Eönwë and one for Kitanna now. So we could either lynch Eönwë or Kitanna, or tie Eönwë and Nogrod and let the dice decide for us.

But I've been pretty much suspecting Rikae for some time, and I really don't know.

I really wonder, though, if wolfish Nogrod would have defended Nerwen as much as he did - after all, he's known for his love to sacrifice his fellows. His certainty about Mith is something I noticed myself and found strange, too. But otherwise I don't really know. You have good points about him, I think I had a few good points about Eönwë, too, and Kitanna had some good points about you (although I could have added there some more ).

I'm quite torn right now.

And now that no one else is seemingly suspecting me, you, Rikae, drop your suspicions because Eomer's death might point to my innocence, and ask me if I would vote how you like?
Old 07-17-2008, 04:45 PM   #654
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
And now that no one else is seemingly suspecting me, you, Rikae, drop your suspicions because Eomer's death might point to my innocence, and ask me if I would vote how you like?
Yes, I lowered my suspicion level on you because Eomer's death indicates you are probably innocent.
If you're innocent, I need your help in lynching a wolf, obviously, since we're so few.
If I cared who anyone else suspected or didn't suspect, I'd just vote Eonwe and be done with it.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:52 PM   #655
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

No, I don't think I would vote for Nogrod today.

If Eönwë is not the wolf, it is (obviously) one of the more experienced players. Now Rikae is trying to get possibly the strongest, or at least one of the most persuasive, players lynched. Yes, Nogrod might be a wolf, but so might Rikae. Somehow I don't feel happy about this.

And maybe it's just me, but I don't like how so many changed their opinions about me after Eomer's death - Nogrod and Rikae, mainly. Unfortunately both of them cannot be wolves. Besides Rikae looks all too much like she's now trying to buddy up to me.

Argh.

Or then I should just vote for Nogrod and leave it to the dice.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:54 PM   #656
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

And there's still that Eönwë quote about Eomer and Mith that is bugging me...
Old 07-17-2008, 04:57 PM   #657
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

But if Eönwë is a wolf, why did he vote for Kitanna after your case on Nogrod since it seems unlikely that we others would vote for her, too?

Sorry I'm just thinking aloud
Old 07-17-2008, 04:59 PM   #658
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Ok, well.

++Nogrod
Old 07-17-2008, 04:59 PM   #659
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

++Eönwë

Let's see what happens tomorrow.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:00 PM   #660
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Deadline. Silence!

Eönwë has been lynched.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:35 PM   #661
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Day 7

With now only five BDers remaining, the camp was growing increasingly smaller and therefore quieter. But with one more wolf still around, the day resumed as usual.

Each BDer took the time to voice their suspicions. Nogrod and Kitanna agreed that Eönwë seemed the most likely wolf among them.
Eönwë fired back remarking, “I say we kill Kitanna! Something’s not right about her…”
Rikae disagreed with the idea of Eönwë’s guilt. “I think he’s innocent,” she said. “But as for Nogrod…there we might have a wolf. Why else is he still alive?”
And so the decision came to Aganzir. “Errr…..ummm….well….. Eönwë it is,” she decided.

The four BDers picked up their pitchforks and torches and brought Eönwë to the same tree where they had first hung the Sixth Wizard. But instead of stringing him up by the neck, they hung him upside down by the ankles.
“Oh c’mon guys, this is extremely uncomfortable,” complained an upside down Eönwë.
“Will you confess?” asked Nogrod.
“Of course I won’t,” he replied. “Because I told you…I’m not a wolf. I’m innocent, I swear!”
“Hmm….too bad,” said Kitanna. “But I’m sure batting him around in a game of piñata ought to reveal a thing or two…”
“Nah,” Rikae responded. “Frankly I’m too tired to do any killing today. Why don’t we just leave him to the mosquitoes?”
“That’s actually a good idea,” said Aganzir.

Once they came up with a plan, the four BDers (including Nogrod) ran to their tents to retrieve their own bottles of scented hairspray. Then they returned to the hanging Eönwë and proceeded to spritz him with hair product, covering him from head to toe. There they left a now sticky Eönwë kicking and screaming, and resumed preparing dinner and their usual chores.

The BDers had such a pleasant evening sharing stories around the campfire as they ate their dinner, they had completely forgotten about Eönwë for most of the evening, only barely remembering him just before heading to bed. They returned to the tree to find poor Eönwë swinging limply from the branch completely covered by mosquitoes. Those pesky insects had sucked him dry.

There had been no change, and the BDers quickly realised they had lynched the wrong person. It was an unfortunate mistake (for the innocents, that is)….but on the bright side, at least Eönwë had provided them for once a mosquito-free evening.

--------------------------------------------------

The Living:

Kitanna~the self-righteous know-it-all
Aganzir~non-anonymous neg-repper
Rikae~the person who tries to fake knowledge of the books and fails miserably
Nogrod~the wanna-be moderator

The Dead:

The Barrow-Wight~took up permanent residence in a barrow (mod)
The Sixth Wizard~ grammar Nazi~strung up in a tree (ordo)
McCaber~ does it 4 teh lulz~made the narration much more amusing than it originally was (ordo)
The Elf-Warrior~nitpicker~didn’t know how to float (ordo)
Nerwen~ rabid fangirl~willingly traded her life for an autographed Legolas poster (hacker/werewolf)
Kath~artiste~wrote her last poem (ordo)
Nilpaurion Felagund~ Ainulindalë Addict~had a mouthful of dynamite (ordo)
Durelin~ Unreliable RPG Addict~made a delicious s’more (moderator seer)
Mithalwen~ therapist~provided a satisfying meal while keeping her BDers warm (hacker/wolf)
THE Ka~Artful Dodger~took a wrong turn (ordo)
satansaloser2005~a fan of everything but Tolkien~suffered from a severe case of Stockholm Syndrome (spammer/cobbler)
Shastanis Althreduin~ chatspeak translator~became an easy target (moderator ranger)
Formendacil~ Tolkien Canonist~wasn’t very good at hiding (ordo)
Boromir88~ the one upper~made excellent firewood (hacker/wolf)
Eomer of the Rohirrim~ easily-offended trendy~his ninja moves could not match kung fu werewolf (moderator hunter)
Eönwë~ conspiracy theorist~his blood was irresistable to mosquitoes (ordo)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Night 8 has begun.

The final wolf may send me their kill. And as usual, everyone should remain silent.
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 05:07 PM   #662
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Night 8

That night, one of the BDers awoke to the sound of sobbing outside. Concerned, he crawled out of his sleeping bag and stepped out of his tent. By the fire pit sat a figure burying her face and crying.

“What’s the matter?” the BDer asked the sobbing shape.
“Oh, like you would care,” she replied bitterly.
“Of course I do,” he said approaching her. “I just wanna help. Tell me-“ He stopped, suddenly noticing this crying figure was a lot furrier than normal. “Wait a minute,” he realised. “You’re the werewolf.”
“Yeah yeah, I’m wolf,” she said. “Now go ahead and run away, little man. That’s what you all do.”
“Well lucky for you, I’m not like everyone else.” The BDer sat down next to the wolf and put his arms around her. “Now tell me what is wrong.”
“It’s just…nobody likes me. Everyone wants me dead. I can’t help that I like to eat people….it’s just my nature. And now that all my mates are dead, I’m all alone and I have no one to talk to.” The wolf buried her head into the BDer’s lap and sobbed loudly. “I’m so lonely!”
“There, there,” the BDer said, stroking her fur. “Everything will be alright.” He cradled the sad wolf as though she were a small child.

They sat there for several minutes. As the BDer comforted the werewolf, her sobs slowly quieted until she was silent.
Then she finally spoke in almost a whisper: “I can’t believe you actually fell for that.”
“Huh?” replied the confused BDer.
Before he realised what was happening, the wolf suddenly turned around and shoved the BDer to the ground. She giggled delightfully as she ripped open his chest and tore out his organs. Unfortunately for him, the other two BDers never heard his screams as the werewolf ate his insides.

--------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, three BDers emerged from their tents to find the remains of Nogrod spread out throughout the camp. The three girls looked at each other realising they were the only ones left. Yet, one of them was the wolf responsible for this mess.

This was the last day. Today they would have to do this right. Anymore mistakes…and they were goners.

---------------------------------------------------------

The Living:

Kitanna~the self-righteous know-it-all
Aganzir~non-anonymous neg-repper
Rikae~the person who tries to fake knowledge of the books and fails miserably

The Dead:

The Barrow-Wight~took up permanent residence in a barrow (mod)
The Sixth Wizard~ grammar Nazi~strung up in a tree (ordo)
McCaber~ does it 4 teh lulz~made the narration much more amusing than it originally was (ordo)
The Elf-Warrior~nitpicker~didn’t know how to float (ordo)
Nerwen~ rabid fangirl~willingly traded her life for an autographed Legolas poster (hacker/werewolf)
Kath~artiste~wrote her last poem (ordo)
Nilpaurion Felagund~ Ainulindalë Addict~had a mouthful of dynamite (ordo)
Durelin~ Unreliable RPG Addict~made a delicious s’more (moderator seer)
Mithalwen~ therapist~provided a satisfying meal while keeping her BDers warm (hacker/wolf)
THE Ka~Artful Dodger~took a wrong turn (ordo)
satansaloser2005~a fan of everything but Tolkien~suffered from a severe case of Stockholm Syndrome (spammer/cobbler)
Shastanis Althreduin~ chatspeak translator~became an easy target (moderator ranger)
Formendacil~ Tolkien Canonist~wasn’t very good at hiding (ordo)
Boromir88~ the one upper~made excellent firewood (hacker/wolf)
Eomer of the Rohirrim~ easily-offended trendy~his ninja moves could not match kung fu werewolf (moderator hunter)
Eönwë~ conspiracy theorist~mosquitoes loved him a little too much (ordo)
Nogrod~ the wanna-be moderator~killed by kindness (ordo)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The final day has begun.

The three remaining may now discuss.
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 05:18 PM   #663
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Oh, what a situation. As far as I'm concerned, you both look like wolves - Aganzir has been voting like a wolf, and Kitanna has been posting like one since the beginning (as I mentioned other times). Ack.

One thing that I've wanted to mention since yesterDay evening is this:
Quote:
++Eönwë

Let's see what happens tomorrow.
Now, talk about seemingly knowing too much... Aganzir, if you were so certain Eönwë was not the wolf (i.e., the game would continue toDay), why did you vote for him? Also, why were you so sure you would be alive toDay?
I suppose Nogrod's death makes sense. I expected I would be killed, but since I was the one seriously looking at him yesterDay, killing him sets me up for lynching toDay.
My gut is telling me Aganzir is a wolf (and has been doing so since her vote for Form), but logic tells me she wuoldn't have killed Eomer...
Old 07-18-2008, 05:48 PM   #664
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Isn't anyone else going to discuss things toDay? Two of us have to agree on a vote... I know one of you is innocent... we have to get this right. Doesn't anybody have any thoughts?
Aganzir, what do you think of Kitanna? Kitanna, what do you think of Aganzir? Ok, you're married.
Seriously - I have time to talk now, but tomorrow I'll be working all day & won't be able to participate until the last few hours before DL. I hope that doesn't mean I'll come back to find you've both voted for me when I couldn't defend myself... (and in that case, I swear, the village loses).
Old 07-18-2008, 09:09 PM   #665
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Kitanna, what do you think of Aganzir
I've been going back and forth on her for a while. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure what to think. I really need to sleep and I will only have a few hours to post before being whisked away to my job.

It'd be nice to at least here from Agan and even again from you Rikae before I have to vote, but I know that can be wishful thinking.

When I get up I'll look through at Agan (since I've already done so with Rikae) and I'll make my vote from there.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:22 AM   #666
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Now, talk about seemingly knowing too much... Aganzir, if you were so certain Eönwë was not the wolf (i.e., the game would continue toDay), why did you vote for him? Also, why were you so sure you would be alive toDay?
Because I figured Nogrod would be more dangerous for you, and I trusted Kitanna a bit more than Eönwë. I was not sure of Eönwë's innocence, naturally, but you made me more confident about it at the end of the day, so to say.
I didn't say I was sure I would be alive today. I thought I could well be killed since no one seemed to think I would have attacked Eomer.

Quote:
I suppose Nogrod's death makes sense. I expected I would be killed, but since I was the one seriously looking at him yesterDay, killing him sets me up for lynching toDay.
And if you had killed Kitanna, it would have pointed to you because she made a case on you and somewhat suspected you anyway. If you had killed me, it would have pointed to you because I think it was pretty clear I would be suspecting you today.
And why do you claim you expected to be killed? Surely there were people who were suspected less than you (like, pretty much everybody else), and a wolf doesn't want to leave clearly innocents around for the last day.
Nog's death makes sense to me because he was generally considered innocent.

I think Kitanna is innocent. I did suspect her pretty heavily earlier, but over the last few days I've been more and more inclined to think her innocent. And I'm also rather sure Rikae is the wolf.

Quote:
I hope that doesn't mean I'll come back to find you've both voted for me when I couldn't defend myself... (and in that case, I swear, the village loses).
I dare say I'm going to vote for you today. And really, those threats don't work.

And if we're both innocent and Kitanna is laughing at us now... Well, then I guess she deserves the victory.

I'm going to take a quick look at Rikae now and see if there's anything that wasn't in Kit's analysis that I'd like to mention.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:25 AM   #667
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Hmm, ok, off to work now, and things really aren't any clearer. I don't want to vote until I've heard from both of you toDay. I'll be back about 3 hours before DL.

EDIT: Apparently I crossed with Agan - and didn't notice that until now.

Last edited by Rikae; 07-19-2008 at 05:08 AM.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:07 AM   #668
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Ack. They switched my schedule. Now I'm working until half an hour before DL.
I'll be here for the next three hours, but I have to vote before leaving since it's not certain I'll make it home in time this evening.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:15 AM   #669
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Agan, if you are innocent, I suggest taking another look at me, because you're about to lose the game for us. I don't even see what you are basing your "certainty" on.

Still, it makes sense, if you are a wolf, for you to buddy up to one of us and strongly suspect the other the way you're doing. You suspected me yesterday - based on what? Because I suspected you earlier but thought you wouldn't kill Eomer? I think I was pretty clear about my reasoning. Still, if you knew you would be playing with me toDay (as everything seems to suggest you did), it would have made sense for you to prepare a "history" of suspecting me.

Kitanna "deserves" to win if she's a wolf? I daresay not. She has been quite low-profile during the whole game, so if we fail to look at her properly now, shame on us.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:25 AM   #670
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
I'm going to take a quick look at Rikae now and see if there's anything that wasn't in Kit's analysis that I'd like to mention.
All right - looking at this again, I've pretty much made up my mind. An innocent wouldn't only look at one person. Aganzir also backs up her suspicion of me, and assertion that Kitanna is innocent, with nothing but saying she's thought it for a while. I'm getting a very gloating feeling off her posts (and have been since she voted Form) and an innocent shouldn't be gloating yet.

Now, I'm getting the impression she doesn't actually care about voting for a wolf, but rather, about getting Kitanna to vote with her.

Still, an innocent in this situation should look at both other people, and I haven't had a look at Kitanna recently. I'll do that before casting my vote. It looks like I'll have to vote first, and if I choose wrong, I lose the game for the village. Pressure? What pressure?
Old 07-19-2008, 05:40 AM   #671
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Now I'm second-guessing myself...

Would Agan come on this strong toDay if she were a wolf? Or would a wolf more likely make a wishy-washy post like Kitanna's and wait until someone else votes (not that Agan has voted yet, either). Certainly, Kitanna's behavior toDay is an example of the easiest way for a wolf to win in a case like this, but I somehow doubt an Agan-wolf would behave similarly.

*tears hair out*

EDIT: Quintuple post! Go me.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:51 AM   #672
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

On day 1 Rikae accuses Kitanna of her vote (which, I agree, was suspicious), but ends up voting for Nerwen herself. I wonder indeed what made her vote for her over her top suspects - the only thing she had posted between Rikae's list and vote was an "I'm back" post (since Rikae xed with her other post). However Rikae's vote tied Mith and Nerwen, both wolves, and I don't know what to make of that. Was Mith or Rikae the one turned on night 3, or had the wolves agreed on suspecting one another? Well, all of us alive suspected Nerwen at some point, and also Boro the wolf was all for voting her on day 2.

Rikae was one of the main contributors in EW's lynching. A perfect case - suspect someone from the beginning, but vote for him also because of being unhepful. That's a sure way to start a bandwagon, against an innocent in this case.

On day 4 Rikae found both Boro and Mith innocent. Other than that, she doesn't speak about them too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae in Shastanalysis
IC. “Nerwen is mostly harmless.... some of us aren't harmless at all.”

Now, it's a minor thing, but somehow the latter addition, knowing Nerwen was a wolf, seems just slightly more likely to come from someone who knew this.
And then she calls my seizing on a single word or phrasing forced?

I think people have got so used to wolf-on-wolf votes that it just makes sense that Rikae said she won't vote for Mith (or Shasta either) on day 4. Somehow Rikae has had the ability to start bandwagons in this game, and her Form bandwagon almost saved Mith. She made a post analysing how Mith and Shasta became the main candidates for that day's lynch, and concluded by saying she can't shake off the feeling there's something fishy. So, both defending a fellow wolf and threatening those who suspect her. She found Kit and Nog the most suspicious, and told us not to discount the possibility that Eomer was the cobbler instead of hunter. I don't see a reason why the real hunter should be lying low and watching how the cobbler pretending to be a known innocent has everybody trusting him. Besides then the cobbler would risk the wolves wasting a kill on him, which is not quite what he wants. But what a better way to make people feel they cannot completely trust a known innocent?

Quote:
That would be because I think I'm onto a wolf too late in the day to do much about it, and expect that two ordos are being framed. *sigh*
And then she accuses people who followed her vote? Looks like a nice wolf tactic - try to save her fellow by appealing to others to vote for Form, and when Mith ends up being lynched accuse the other Form-voters. Rikae has been good at starting bandwagons but not taking responsibility for them; see for example her post the next day:
Quote:
Sorry, Formendacil - I can only assume from the way Aganzir and Shasta followed my vote yesterDay, one (or both) of them is evil and you are innocent. I did find it odd at the time that they were so eager to follow my vote: I only wished to get my suspicions out in the open and vote accordingly, but didn't really feel I'd "made a case", so to speak, to be acted on that day!
She finds me suspicious because of voting for Form and that "little exchange about grinning", and suggests both Shasta and I are wolves. She's also pretty quick to dismiss the possibility that Form was a wolf - maybe it was easier for her to find him innocent after he had started suspecting her?
Quote:
If Shasta was not a wolf with Aganzir, why would she have voted for Form when she could have saved Mith more easily, and less conspicuously, by voting for Shasta? And why would Shasta prefer to vote for Form to save himself, instead of for Mith?
Seemingly Shasta just preferred to vote for Form. Maybe because he found Mith innocent? And since Shasta was not a wolf, that thing about me doesn't work, either.

Quote:
her case aganst Kitanna seems rather forced (especially the "myself" bit) and the make a case, vote, and leave pattern is a tactic I've used myself as a cornered wolf - throwing something out there for the village to chew on (she even encourages us to look into it more) and then dropping out of sight and, hopefully, out of mind.
Like I already said, I had to leave because of RL reasons, and I wouldn't lie about it even if I was a wolf. And by the way, I didn't encourage you to look into my Kitanna case more, but people's interactions with Nerwen and Mith, which I believe might have been useful.

Quote:
She could simply go after him as an easy way to get herself out of danger, and might even do so as a wolf, but it looks as though she's trying to protect her last packmate by drawing suspicion elsewhere, while making wishy-washy statements about him to cover herself, should he be lynched.
Would Rikae have chosen me to be a wolf in DW if she really thought I would be that apparent?

Then she votes for me after Shasta's reveal - based on that grinning thing. By then it's clear Shasta and I can't be fellow wolves, which was one of the reasons for Rikae to suspect us. And quite honestly, if Shasta was a wolf and knew he would be under much pressure, wouldn't it have been useful if he had come out as the ranger in order to reveal the real one? Say Rikae what she will, it takes a coolheaded ranger to not instantly reveal someone's claim a fake.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
And we need some new candidates now...
Nog, are you saying that Shasta's revelation should let Aganzir off the hook? Because in your last post, if I recall correctly, you suspected her as well
She seems a bit... I don't know what's a good word, upset? that suddenly others don't seem to suspect me anymore. Her vote for me looks like she was trying to start a bandwagon again, and now, all of a sudden, it doesn't look so likely that I will be lynched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae, in response to Boro's claim that he protected Kath
Bummer. I was hoping we'd have a known innocent after all.
It looks like she said that because she couldn't come up with anything else but had to say something. Do you really think the wolves would have been so busy elsewhere that they would have forgotten their known innocent?

On day 8 she says Eomer's death makes me look more innocent - no one else is really suspecting me at that point, and I guess she doesn't want me to suspect her because of suspecting me. She also finds Kitanna suspicious, and has a case on Nog, who hasn't been suspected very much. Yes, it's dangerous not to pay attention to someone this late in the game, but yesterday I couldn't shake off the feeling of a wolf trying to get a dangerous player lynched. She had been suspecting me heavily (though with pretty few reasons), and now that it suited her current case, she was buddying up to me, trying to have me vote for Nogrod. She would have preferred to lynch Nogrod or Kitanna, and leave Eönwë (the most inexperienced player, who therefore might be easier to convince than the older ones) and me (who has been pretty wrong about everyone but Nerwen) alive.

And now today she's suspecting me again. Because Kitanna hasn't really suspected me and she knew she would be dead if she couldn't make her feel uncomfortable about me?

edit: xed with four Rikaes
Old 07-19-2008, 06:07 AM   #673
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Still, it makes sense, if you are a wolf, for you to buddy up to one of us and strongly suspect the other the way you're doing.
It would make sense also for a wolf, but I just can't help feeling pretty confident about your guilt.

Quote:
You suspected me yesterday - based on what?
Based on a bad feeling, the reasons of which are hopefully explained in my case against you.

Quote:
Because I suspected you earlier but thought you wouldn't kill Eomer?
You have been a bit too quick to declare people innocent when it seems to suit your interests best throughout the whole game.

Quote:
Kitanna "deserves" to win if she's a wolf? I daresay not. She has been quite low-profile during the whole game, so if we fail to look at her properly now, shame on us.
Maybe I should have said "I deserve to lose" instead of that "she deserves to win"? Funny that you called my case against her forced when I made it. Yes, I suspected her and don't suspect anymore, and if I have been so wrong in dropping my suspicions, I deserve to lose.
And werewolf is not a matter of life and death, and I doubt other players will get angry even if we lose the game.

Quote:
I'm getting a very gloating feeling off her posts (and have been since she voted Form) and an innocent shouldn't be gloating yet.
Oh, that's interesting. Care to elaborate?

Quote:
Now, I'm getting the impression she doesn't actually care about voting for a wolf, but rather, about getting Kitanna to vote with her.
I care about voting for you. Even if Kitanna doesn't and we lose, I can at least take comfort in being right.

Quote:
Still, an innocent in this situation should look at both other people
I have looked at Kitanna earlier, and after that I've started feeling better and better about her, as you can see if you read my posts from the previous few days.
Old 07-19-2008, 06:41 AM   #674
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Kitanna

IC banter with Boro and Nerwen.

Telling Aganzir IC posts can be useful on day 2 (things hidden in them, hackers flying under radar).

List of suspicions before leaving. Thinks there is a wolf among Agan, Nilp and Form. Finds Nerwen, EW & Sixth moderately suspicious. No one person she feels strongly about.

Votes for Nerwen because she “posts often and says little”.

Answers Nogrod, who said her vote looked forced: “I would rather vote for one who raised my suspicions for even a remote reason on Day 1, than randomly pick a name from a hat.”

Will have to vote early for work reasons.

Asks Shasta if he thinks there's wolf-on-wolf voting so early (re: Kath's vote). Seems to be suspicious of EW's vote for Sixth. Agrees with Boro that Nerwen's posts, even non-IC, have little content. Vote tally. Finds EW, Agan, Boro & Eonwe suspicions.

Eonwe's vote for Mith “too neat and tidy”.Can't see a hacker-Agan basing all her suspicions on Sixth's one post, but maybe a spammer.

Agan's vote for and suspicions of Sixth feel wrong. Votes Agan.

Doesn't have much time to post, looks like EW was dropped as dead weight, Rikae & Eonwe's votes unsurprising, will look at Eonwe voters.

Analyis of Nerwen. Thinks her connection to Agan makes Agan look innocent, Nilp, Eonwe or Form may have been a wolf with Nerwen.

Looking at Eonwe voters. Finds Eonwe suspicious, hasn't totally dropped suspicions of Agan but thinks she is more likely the cobbler than a wolf, Of Shasta and Eomer, Eomer more suspicious.

Votes for Eonwe.

Wants to look at Durelin's posts. Durelin aybe might have dreamt of Nogrod or Mith.

Looks at Durelin, finds Mith suspicious based on it (Mith a constant in Durelin's suspicions).

Votes for Mith. Shasta looks wolvish too.

Finds Shasta highly suspicious, Agan moderately suspicious, votes for Shasta.

Votes for Boro. Suggests looking at Eonwe toMorrow.

Suggests Boro acted alone to take out the ranger, not to protect his partner.

We can't tell what Eomer or the wolf were thinking. Still wants to look at Eonwe.

Thinks Eonwe's playing style changed and he might be the new wolf (agreeing with Nogrod).

Has to look at Rikae, unsure about Agan, thinks Nogrod innocent.

Wonders why Rikae voted for Nerwen and not someone on red list (Kitanna or EW). There are things that point to my guilt and innocence. Thinks it's suspicious that I dropped my suspicions of Form.

I think I should answer this now. I dropped my suspicions toward Form because the way Shasta and Aganzir followed my vote suddenly and with little apparent reason, coupled with Mith's wolfishness, made the two of them look far worse than anything Form had done made him look, and if a wolf voted Form to save Mith, it stands to reason Form would be innocent. Also, regarding Nerwen – I don't make lists to mechanically follow them. She looked worst to me at the point when I voted (I don't remember my thought process exactly, it's been too long, but I put my reasons in my vote-post).

Votes Eonwe, finds me most suspicious of the remaining people.

Unsure about Agan, wants to look at her before voting.

Conclusion:
Kitanna was more helpful, and less suspicious, than I initially thought. Her case against Mith speaks in her favor, since Durelin's posts might not have resulted in Mith's lynching without it. Her quietness also seems mostly due to RL... I wouldn't declare her certainly innocent under other circumstances, but compared to Aganzir, she is the more innocent looking of the two.

I see Aganzir posted while I was writing this in another window, so I'll address that in a moment.

Last edited by Rikae; 07-19-2008 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Fixing formatting. It always gets messed up when I make a post in word.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:25 AM   #675
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I have to leave - I think I will be able to come back, but I'm not perfectly sure, so I rather vote now.

++ Rikae

You are a fighter and good at that, but it would take a confession from Kitanna to make me change my mind.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:37 AM   #676
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
On day 1 Rikae accuses Kitanna of her vote (which, I agree, was suspicious), but ends up voting for Nerwen herself. I wonder indeed what made her vote for her over her top suspects - the only thing she had posted between Rikae's list and vote was an "I'm back" post (since Rikae xed with her other post). However Rikae's vote tied Mith and Nerwen, both wolves, and I don't know what to make of that. Was Mith or Rikae the one turned on night 3, or had the wolves agreed on suspecting one another? Well, all of us alive suspected Nerwen at some point, and also Boro the wolf was all for voting her on day 2.
So basically, I voted for a wolf, but that doesn't make me look more innocent. OK, fair enough, but it also doesn't make me look more guilty.
And, as I said to Kitanna, I don't make lists so I can follow them like a robot. I don't remember exactly, but I think I had reflected more on the matter at that point, and thought Nerwen looked worse.because of her Nilp/Form/Agan thing.

Quote:
Rikae was one of the main contributors in EW's lynching. A perfect case - suspect someone from the beginning, but vote for him also because of being unhepful. That's a sure way to start a bandwagon, against an innocent in this case.
I made a case against the best suspect I had at the time. I can't control who follows me. It's funny you talk about me starting bandwagons, though, when you've participated in one of "my bandwagons" yourself.

Quote:
On day 4 Rikae found both Boro and Mith innocent. Other than that, she doesn't speak about them too much.
At the time, I thought the most suspicious thing going on was the way people were narrowing the choices based on Durelin's posts, which didn't seem to reveal much to me.
Any time too many people agree, I tend to suspect there's conspiracy involved.

Quote:
And then she calls my seizing on a single word or phrasing forced?
*shrug*
I said it was minor.

Quote:
I think people have got so used to wolf-on-wolf votes that it just makes sense that Rikae said she won't vote for Mith (or Shasta either) on day 4.
I didn't say "I won't vote for Mith (or Shasta either)." I said I didn't like the choices narrowed to them and probably wouldn't vote for either because the narrowing of the field itself looked suspicious.
I don't see what this has to do with wolf-on-wolf votes.
Quote:
Somehow Rikae has had the ability to start bandwagons in this game, and her Form bandwagon almost saved Mith.
Thanks to you and the cobbler...
Do you honestly think I knew, or intended, that it would become a bandwagon? I was looking for Form's reaction. Why should other people follow my gut feelings (unless those other people are wolves trying to save a fellow)?
Quote:
She made a post analysing how Mith and Shasta became the main candidates for that day's lynch, and concluded by saying she can't shake off the feeling there's something fishy. So, both defending a fellow wolf and threatening those who suspect her.
Well, that kind of goes with the territory, doesn't it? If some people don't look suspicious to one, those who suspect them appear to have little reason, and therefore look suspicious themselves.
Quote:
She found Kit and Nog the most suspicious, and told us not to discount the possibility that Eomer was the cobbler instead of hunter. I don't see a reason why the real hunter should be lying low and watching how the cobbler pretending to be a known innocent has everybody trusting him. Besides then the cobbler would risk the wolves wasting a kill on him, which is not quite what he wants. But what a better way to make people feel they cannot completely trust a known innocent?
I suppose you're right about that. I didn't think of that at the time. As I've said, I get nervous when too many people agree. Wolves tend to be hesitant about killing hunters, anyway.

Quote:
And then she accuses people who followed her vote?
Absolutely, as I've explained many, many times. If I recall correctly, you still haven't given a reason (besides "feeling") that you helped tie Form with Mith. I cast the first vote for Form and had no reason to think anyone would follow it. After all, I didn't exactly "make a case" against him. I had a hunch, and wanted to see how he'd act under pressure.
Quote:
Looks like a nice wolf tactic - try to save her fellow by appealing to others to vote for Form, and when Mith ends up being lynched accuse the other Form-voters. Rikae has been good at starting bandwagons but not taking responsibility for them; see for example her post the next day:
An initial vote, without even an analysis, is not "starting a bandwagon", however you slice it. I am not psychic.
As for taking responsibility, I apologized. What else do you want? That I continue suspecting Form even though the events at the day's end and over night have made him look innocent (as I just explained in my post to Kitanna)?
Quote:
She finds me suspicious because of voting for Form and that "little exchange about grinning",
That little exchange with the spammer, which is one of the examples of the "gloating" I mentioned earlier.
Quote:
and suggests both Shasta and I are wolves. She's also pretty quick to dismiss the possibility that Form was a wolf - maybe it was easier for her to find him innocent after he had started suspecting her?
Actually, I tend to have a bad habit of finding people guilty when they start suspecting me. It was because (for the 4th time), Mith was a wolf, Sally the spammer, and you, Sally and Shasta followed my vote out of the blue and without explanation.
If I had actually made a case aganst Form, or if you or somebody else had, if your votes had made sense and not come out of the blue, if they hadn't almost saved a wolf, I wouldn't find them suspicious.

Quote:
Seemingly Shasta just preferred to vote for Form. Maybe because he found Mith innocent? And since Shasta was not a wolf, that thing about me doesn't work, either.
Hindsight's 20/20, isn't it? Obviously Shasta voted for Form innocently, as he was innocent, but that was hardly obvious at the time.
Your being a wolf doesn't depend on Shasta being a wolf (especially not now). Your vote was still suspicious.

Quote:
Like I already said, I had to leave because of RL reasons, and I wouldn't lie about it even if I was a wolf. And by the way, I didn't encourage you to look into my Kitanna case more, but people's interactions with Nerwen and Mith, which I believe might have been useful.
I wouldn't lie about RL reasons either. The most I would say is "I'm leaving, I'll be back later". Just to clear that up, since you seem to have been insinuating, since I suspected you first, that I claimed I would.
You encouraged us, if I recall correctly, to look into "it" more after making a case against Kitanna.

Quote:
Would Rikae have chosen me to be a wolf in DW if she really thought I would be that apparent?
If I thought everything apparent to me was apparent to everyone, I wouldn't bother posting at all.

Quote:
Then she votes for me after Shasta's reveal - based on that grinning thing. By then it's clear Shasta and I can't be fellow wolves, which was one of the reasons for Rikae to suspect us. And quite honestly, if Shasta was a wolf and knew he would be under much pressure, wouldn't it have been useful if he had come out as the ranger in order to reveal the real one? Say Rikae what she will, it takes a coolheaded ranger to not instantly reveal someone's claim a fake.
Hm? So when one of my two top suspects revealed as a ranger, I was supposed to vote for him rather than for the other one? Sure, gifted reveals can be false, but false gifteds will eventually be found - one doesn't generally lynch a newly revealed gifted.
I already suspected you more than Shasta after my analysis of him, anyway.
Quote:
She seems a bit... I don't know what's a good word, upset? that suddenly others don't seem to suspect me anymore. Her vote for me looks like she was trying to start a bandwagon again, and now, all of a sudden, it doesn't look so likely that I will be lynched.
You were the most wolfish person in sight. Of course I wanted to lynch you.

Quote:
It looks like she said that because she couldn't come up with anything else but had to say something. Do you really think the wolves would have been so busy elsewhere that they would have forgotten their known innocent?
It looks like you're saying that because you can't come up with anything else. It was what I was thinking at the time. Why shouldn't I say it? Why should I say anything?

Quote:
On day 8 she says Eomer's death makes me look more innocent - no one else is really suspecting me at that point, and I guess she doesn't want me to suspect her because of suspecting me.
Ha. I'm not afraid of you (sorry if that hurts your pride).
I didn't want to lynch an innocent, and Eomer's death did make you look innocent (now that I'm nearly certain you're a wolf, I have to compliment you on the boldness of that move).
Quote:
She also finds Kitanna suspicious, and has a case on Nog, who hasn't been suspected very much. Yes, it's dangerous not to pay attention to someone this late in the game, but yesterday I couldn't shake off the feeling of a wolf trying to get a dangerous player lynched.
Anyone who makes a case against Nogrod is called that. Comes with the territory. Leaving Nogrod unlooked at at that point in the game would have been crazy.
Quote:
She had been suspecting me heavily (though with pretty few reasons), and now that it suited her current case, she was buddying up to me, trying to have me vote for Nogrod.
Actually, I had more reasons to suspect you than I usually have to suspect anyone in any game. I really thought yesterDay you were unlikely to be a wolf, but obviously I was wrong.
Quote:
She would have preferred to lynch Nogrod or Kitanna, and leave Eönwë (the most inexperienced player, who therefore might be easier to convince than the older ones) and me (who has been pretty wrong about everyone but Nerwen) alive.
I also thought Eonwe was unlikely to be a wolf, for reasons I gave. You apparently thought so too, but voted for him anyway - something you still haven't adequately explained.
With four people to choose from and previous events making two look innocentish, I'm going to look more at the remaining two - surprise surprise.

Quote:
And now today she's suspecting me again. Because Kitanna hasn't really suspected me and she knew she would be dead if she couldn't make her feel uncomfortable about me?

edit: xed with four Rikaes
Um, I just took a look at Kitanna and it seems she's been suspecting you for some time, actually.
I can't believe you accuse me of trying to buddy up to Kitanna.

Quote:
Based on a bad feeling, the reasons of which are hopefully explained in my case against you.
Nope, I'm afraid it wasn't. The only case you've made is that my reasoning has not always been perfect and I am not psychic.

Quote:
I care about voting for you. Even if Kitanna doesn't and we lose, I can at least take comfort in being right.
In that case, you will lose, but at least you can take comfort in being the last wolf standing.

I think I'll also make note of the fact that it's interesting, to say the least, that Aganzir is so certain about me yet still hasn't cast her vote.

Well, it's up to you now, Kitanna. Choose well.

++Aganzir

EDIT: X'd with Aganzir, obviously.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:51 AM   #677
Kitanna
Child of the West

++ Aganzir
Old 07-19-2008, 07:54 AM   #678
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Which of you is a wolf? I've got to leave for work right now and can't stand the suspense!
Old 07-19-2008, 07:57 AM   #679
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Bah. Can't be late for work... I suppose Kit would probably have gloated if she was...
Old 07-19-2008, 08:21 AM   #680
Kitanna
Child of the West

I am, but I'm not particularly interested in gloating.