The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-18-2008, 10:00 AM   #481
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
No stomach of concrete elephant for you clearly ..would you like some brandy....

Don't see what is pukey about loving my son. He is adorable. So leave him alone...

Oh no not page 4 again..... personally I think page 3 has been underrated... and the half dozen or so subsequent pages...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:07 AM   #482
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Now which is the heaviest weight in the scales?

Nerwen's under radar "safe play" & last moment throw-away votes?

Lal's monomaniac game which is most impossible to pin down even if it would be a daring strategy from her side?

Fëa's idiosyncratic ways - with an added possibility she was indeed trying to send a message to Boro (whom she thought the cobbler?) via all that banter and votes?

Boro's case on McCaber? Remembering that at least I've not totally thrown off the idea Boro is the cobbler... He was very fast to defend himself after I suspected him openly from cobblery, stating he is now trying a different mode of play! I'm not so sure he's that different now but still he took the chance of underlining his difference as it had been suspected...

Oh my...

My last Day probably so I'd need to try and do something...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:09 AM   #483
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Oh dear, now I'm scared I'll die tonight. Thanks for dreaming me, though, Nilp, I don't think I've ever been dreamt by the Seer before.

Class! Must dash.

++Nerwen
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:12 AM   #484
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
She seconds a thing Boro (who later received her vote!) said and makes me, and everyone, give opinions on Lal. Why? Why if you didn't seriously intend to vote for her yourself? This move would make sense if you were trying to see how much support for Lal there was, but first teaming up with Boro and then voting him looks simply wolvish. Of course, if she is a fellow of Sally, why didn't she vote for Lal to save her? Maybe she considered Sally to be a goner and didn't want to get involved in a competing bandwaggon for Lal or Nogrod.
Mac, I wasn't "teaming up with Boro and then voting him", I was hesitating between him and Lal. The fact that he suspected her just made it harder to decide. Haven't you ever been in that situation yourself?

EDIT: X'd with Nogrod and Shasta.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:22 AM   #485
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilp
P.S. RANGER, I'm serious, guard someone else. Like Nog or Mac.
Nah, don't protect me. Unless Nilp is the cobbler, which I highly doubt, there are now three known innocents. The wolf won't waste his kill on someone who, while regarded innocent by most, is still someone who could get lynched in the end. If you want to gamble, ranger, better choose between Nogrod and Shasta.

I didn't understand it when Rikae went after McCaber and I don't understand it now. Yes, he might be a wolf, but please, let's look for the more obvious choices first. I appreciated it when Boro took a look at him, but voting him based on that is over the top. The idea that Boro is indeed the cobbler is more and more manifesting itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Mac, I wasn't "teaming up with Boro and then voting him", I was hesitating between him and Lal. The fact that he suspected her just made it harder to decide. Haven't you ever been in that situation yourself?
I have, but it is something that wolves do, too. I'm not saying you are certainly a wolf, but for me right now, you're the most wolvish one around.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:24 AM   #486
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Thanks for the input Shasta!
(Yeah, classes are classes and that's it, but you might have found time to contribute something at some moment... maybe?)

My thoughts right now.

Known innocents are going to be the ones to go - every Night now. So I'm a bit reluctant to lynch Nerwen toDay as she would be one known innocent - if not a wolf that is - who might make a difference. So let's leave her to Nilp. I mean if you have people as dedicated as Shasta as known innocents they're of not too much help if they just pop in and vote without reading (sorry mate, but true). And no one can grant Fëa would turn into a dedicated village-saver or Lal would leave her page 4 and look at other possibilities - if either of them were proven innocent. But I know Nerwen could do it.

And she still is one of my top suspects so learning she is a wolf the next Night would just end the game right there. Fine.

EDIT: X'd with Mac
Old 09-18-2008, 10:26 AM   #487
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Point taken.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:29 AM   #488
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Wow, I did not expect an argument like that, Boro. Sorry to disappoint you, but I am indeed just a very lucky innocent. In fact, up until Nilp's reveal, I was trying to convince the wolves that I was the seer and should be killed.

And Boro is indeed showing remarkable strains of cobblery.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:29 AM   #489
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I must go in 5 minutes, after I get my shoes on.

I've gone through Mith's posts until 399 on page 11.

All in all, I don't think there is a whole lot to say about her. She posts a lot, but not much is said. She says her suspicions, but doesn't (as of yet) put in a lot of analyzing towards them. There are a lot of misreads/clearing things up between her and other people.

I don't think I will place my vote with her toDay.

Will get shoes on and debate with my head.
Back shortly to vote.

X'ed with Mac, McCaber, and same time as Nerwen.
To point out - do not take the shoe references as a Cobbler claim/hint. I really do need to get my shoes on, so I can leave for work.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:29 AM   #490
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Oh yes, I must have skimmed past this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Izzy, McCaber, and sally make it on Rikae's wolf list. Rikae votes sally, sally ends up being a wolf. Did either Izzy or McCaber believe Rikae was then the seer?

I don't know if there's enough evidence to drum up against McCaber, but I have to go soon and I got a feeling either him or Izzy is the last wolf. Taking into account I don't like McCaber certainty (or his entire post 451)

Seems a bit hasty to go after the 5 remaining "suspicious people," obviously you're off that list McCaber? I think it is McCaber. And this is so rough, because now is as good of a chance as any to finally get Lal out of the picture....

++McCaber
I read your analysis of McCaber, and I just thought it was an honest attempt to cover all bases, but now I see you actually voted him... on awfully thin grounds.

This thing about the wolves thinking Rikae was the Seer, because she mentioned Izzy, McCaber and Sally as guilty– with that premise that Izzy or McCaber is the last wolf– look, at least half the village has mentioned one of the three as a possible wolf at some point.

Had Rikae been the Seer, she couldn't have dreamed both wolves, or she would have told us, wouldn't she? The wolves would know this.

EDIT: X'd since my last post.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:34 AM   #491
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Izzy!

Check out my #486 and Mac's following one before voting and consider them. You could also look at Nerwen's last one...

If Nerwen is innocent we need her and Nilp can check her the next Night.

We've had enough hasty votes in this game even if everything has turned out well so far. Some mighty providence in the air?
Old 09-18-2008, 10:35 AM   #492
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
[QUOTE=Isabellkya;568221]I must go in 5 minutes, after I get my shoes on.

I've gone through Mith's posts until 399 on page 11.

All in all, I don't think there is a whole lot to say about her. She posts a lot, but not much is said. She says her suspicions, but doesn't (as of yet) put in a lot of analyzing towards them. There are a lot of misreads/clearing things up between her and other people.

I don't think I will place my vote with her toDay.
QUOTE]

I don't really do analysis very much (to much of a busman's holiday), I try it sometimes but usually I find instinct more useful and chips n chat poker a more enticince way to spend time... yes that was a confession - I haigh proportion of the times I say I'm off to have a look at something I am really playing a few hands but that is laziness not malice ....

Old 09-18-2008, 10:36 AM   #493
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Had Rikae been the Seer, she couldn't have dreamed both wolves, or she would have told us, wouldn't she? The wolves would know this.
Exactly. Of course, you could argue if McCaber is a wolf and suspected Rikae to have her knowledge of Sally via a dream, he would have known for sure that he'd be next. But then again, he would have asked himself why she hadn't dreamt of him already (she seriously went after him on Day2, after Sally on Day3) and concluded that Rikae was just smart/lucky. He would have avoided killing her (and hoped she would just find somebody else to go after) to not frame himself.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:38 AM   #494
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

To me it would be then either Fëa or Lal. If I'd have to vote right now I would go for Fëa as Lal's style of play would be a bit risky.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:38 AM   #495
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Only thing is that Lal is being so cobblerish that it is hard to think anyone else could be.

Part of me says Boro is just like that but I would mind being fooled by him more than most people, Fea is another. Trouble is both are the sort of players who can get a bit bored if they don't have a special role and like to amuse themselves if deprived of official significance.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:40 AM   #496
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Ok folks not much more than 20 mins left by Downs Time. Does anyone have a vote tally already?

Old 09-18-2008, 10:41 AM   #497
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Trouble is both are the sort of players who can get a bit bored if they don't have a special role and like to amuse themselves if deprived of official significance.
That is true as well... now why did you remind me of that Mith? I mean thanks, but there goes the confidence as you're right in this...
Old 09-18-2008, 10:41 AM   #498
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well, I suppose I'll not vote for Nerwen and leave her in Nilp's hands.

Boro seems a throw a way vote to me, same for Lal since they are both so darn Cobblery.

Which leaves me with..

++Fea

X'ed since 494
Old 09-18-2008, 10:44 AM   #499
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nilp -> Lal
Lal -> Boro
Boro
-> McCaber
Shasta
-> Nerwen
Izzy
-> Fea
Old 09-18-2008, 10:44 AM   #500
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Where am I?

Nerwen I suspect but won't vote for the reasons Nogrod gave above.
Fea I highly doubt is the wolf because of her (presumably) fake reveal. Cobbler maybe.
Boro is unlikely to be a wolf - again, possible cobbler.
Nilp is the seer (unless he's the cobbler).
Nogrod is proven innocent (").
McCaber I don't suspect.
Shasta is proven innocent (").
Mith might be a wolf, but I'd like to take a closer look tomorrow.
Izzy I'm not sure about. I'd like to take a closer look at her, too, before I'd want to vote for her.
Lal I have a hard time imagining as a wolf. Another possible cobbler.

May I abstain?
Old 09-18-2008, 10:44 AM   #501
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Don't vote for me! I might be irritating and unpredictable, but I'm ordinary (again. tragic. i pined when i learned it...).

++LALWENDE

Because enough other people suspect her that I'm willing to test the theory even though I'd prefer Boro go. But if Nilp dreams of Boro tonight and the Ranger (sorry to go against your orders, Nilp) protects Nilp...
Old 09-18-2008, 10:45 AM   #502
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Nilp -> Lalwendë
Lal -> Boro
Boro -> McCaber
Shasta -> Nerwen
Izzy -> Fëa
Fëa -> Lal2

X'd with at least one tally & others...
Old 09-18-2008, 10:46 AM   #503
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

The votes so far.

Nilp --> Lalwendë
Lal --> Boro
Boro --> McCaber
Shasta --> Nerwen
Isabellkya --> Fea.

A wide field.

EDIT: X'd since Isabellkya's vote. I see we've all been busy...
Old 09-18-2008, 10:48 AM   #504
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Looking at the current votes, I'm going to decide between Boro and Lal.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:50 AM   #505
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

If we want to give one wolf the power, this is exactly how to vote.

To narrow the score

++Boro

Probably not a wolf, but I want to get the cobbler out of the way.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:50 AM   #506
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

So we have

Nerwen - Creepiest
Feanor of the Peredhil - Tweedledum
Boromir88 - Tweedledee
Nilpaurion Felagund - Seer soi-disant. No reason to doubt.
Nogrod - Seer named ordo
McCaber - Creepy but ...
Shastanis Althreduin - Seer named Ordo
Mithalwen - Self named Ordo
Isabellkya - can't writer her off quite despite that vote.
Lalwendë - Cobbler - de facto or actual
Macalaure - Perhaps ought to check my assumption of innocence to prevent self looking silly.....

Old 09-18-2008, 10:50 AM   #507
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Lalwendë has 2, Fëa 1 vote.

I'm somehow thinking Lal might be it as she could try to hide behind the monomaniac-stance.

I'm somehow thinking Fëa might be it as she could just hang around like that as a wolf - but I must say her last post looked a bit better - even if I know her to be very much cabable of pulling one like that if in need.

*Mith's words ringing in the back of my mind...*
(And looking at Fëa to suddenly wake up from her sleep at the crucial moment...)
Old 09-18-2008, 10:51 AM   #508
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Looking at the current votes, I'm going to decide between Boro and Lal.
Then I guess I will too... though Fea's certainly a puzzle...

EDIT: X'd since Mac at #504.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:53 AM   #509
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
That is true as well... now why did you remind me of that Mith? I mean thanks, but there goes the confidence as you're right in this...
Well it might save us time since I imagine we would ideally like to finish this now rather than waste time on a couple of bored alpha-ordos?

Lalwende's vote makes me more inclined that Boro is not the wolf since I am sure she is malevolent (in the context of the game).

Old 09-18-2008, 10:53 AM   #510
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Macalaure - Perhaps ought to check my assumption of innocence to prevent self looking silly.....
*admits self being confused to prevent self looking silly*
Old 09-18-2008, 10:53 AM   #511
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
I'm somehow thinking Lal might be it as she could try to hide behind the monomaniac-stance.
I'm not hiding. I'm right. No funny feelings in my water. Just hard evidence.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:53 AM   #512
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
To narrow the score

++Boro

Probably not a wolf, but I want to get the cobbler out of the way.
Funny how quick you change your thoughts that I'm innocent, once you come under a little pressure. Thought you were going to have an easy slide the rest of the way?
Old 09-18-2008, 10:54 AM   #513
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Nilp -> Lalwendë
Lal -> Boro
Boro -> McCaber
Shasta -> Nerwen
Izzy -> Fëa
Fëa -> Lal2
McCaber -> Boro2

Let's not lynch an innocent - even if possibly a cobbler - if we can go for a wolf...

I think Fëa might be the best choice (how come she suddenly emerged in the time of trouble for herself...)
Old 09-18-2008, 10:55 AM   #514
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Let's not lynch an innocent - even if possibly a cobbler - if we can go for a wolf...~Nogrod
If you don't want to go with my feelings on McCaber today so be it. But get the cobbler out of the way, and I'm asking you trust my instinct that it's Lal.

If I'm wrong, I'll vow one day of silence.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:56 AM   #515
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Okay, then. If Nogrod's right, Boro is at most a cobbler, whereas

++Lalwendë

has at least a chance of being furry.

EDIT: X'd since myself at 508.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:57 AM   #516
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I mean I really don't understand your vote McCaber... I must agree with Boro here.

But if we leave Nerwen for toNight, then what say you? I suggest Fëa but it would require a few votes...

X'd with Boro and Nerwen...
Old 09-18-2008, 10:57 AM   #517
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
(And looking at Fëa to suddenly wake up from her sleep at the crucial moment...)
I've been clear all along: I wanted Boromir lynched from DAY 1. I temper my obsessions based on litmus tests. Everybody else thought for so long that Lal is bad, so I'm willing to find out.

Besides, accusing me now is just lazy. It's a total copout. EVERYBODY knows I'm slightly demented. That's not news.

Stick with the people we've been worried about. There's isn't time today to add more confusion to the mix.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:58 AM   #518
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

++ Mc Caber

Only of my creepies likely to go and prefer to get a woluf than cobbler if possible.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:58 AM   #519
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Well it might save us time since I imagine we would ideally like to finish this now rather than waste time on a couple of bored alpha-ordos?

Lalwende's vote makes me more inclined that Boro is not the wolf since I am sure she is malevolent (in the context of the game).
1. Not going to have access to t'internet at Oxonmoot?

2. Hey, you always think I'm evil when I play WW!
Old 09-18-2008, 10:59 AM   #520
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendë View Post
1. Not going to have access to t'internet at Oxonmoot?

2. Hey, you always think I'm evil when I play WW!
Not going to Oxonmoot.

Yep...