The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Books
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-30-2002, 05:02 PM   #1
Aule
Wight

Aule has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien BBC Lord of the Rings

Its amazing, i have listened to it 3 times in the past 3 months.
All the characters are exactly how i would have them.
Gollumn is the best. His voice in it is brilliant. The actor really gets into character.
The only problem is that some of the things that Frodo says to Sam sound slightly gay. And can be a bit weird. (By the way i have nothing against homosexuals before any one says anything)
I was a bit disappointed with Arwens voice ase she sounded about 70.
Old 06-30-2002, 06:22 PM   #2
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yes, I have listened to it a couple of times. It is not bad. Well, wasn't Arwen, like 1000 years old or something? She is old. Older then Aragorn, so it would make sense! I listened to it AFTER I had seen the movie, so it was very strange, I didn't really like Ian Hohm as Frodo, although he is a great actor, but that is not how I pictured him. Oh well. Everything else was super duper.
Old 06-30-2002, 06:38 PM   #3
Aule
Wight

Sting

Arwen was about 3000 years old but galadrial was about 8000 ( abit of a guess) and she had a far younger voice.
I thought he suited the part of frodo so it was strange hearing his voice portarying Bilbo in the film.
I thought that song sung by the eagle near the end of RotK was so funny. I loved the last song Bilbo sings at the end.
The funny thing is that after seeing the film i completely forgot how i had imagined the chars to look before the film.
Old 06-30-2002, 06:39 PM   #4
Aule
Wight

Sting

Arwen was about 3000 years old but galadrial was about 8000 ( abit of a guess) and she had a far younger voice.
I thought he suited the part of frodo so it was strange hearing his voice portarying Bilbo in the film.
I thought that song sung by the eagle near the end of RotK was so funny. I loved the last song Bilbo sings at the end.
The funny thing is that after seeing the film i completely forgot how i had imagined the chars to look before the film.
Old 07-01-2002, 02:56 PM   #5
The Silver-shod Muse
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Silver-shod Muse has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
The only problem is that some of the things that Frodo says to Sam sound slightly gay. And can be a bit weird.
Yes, that's true. I listened to the Pelennor Fields section that starts when Sam has rescued Frodo from the Orcs in the tower and I think they both sound disturbingly homosexual. I never imagined it like that in my mind, but somehow that's how it came out in the recordings.
"'You," he said, "tell her all. What good came to you? Do you rejoice that Maleldil became a man? Tell her of your joys, and of what profit you had when you made Maleldil and death acquainted.'" -Perelandra, by C.S. Lewis
The Silver-shod Muse is offline   Reply With Quote