The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2020, 06:48 AM   #841
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
G55, have you hacked Legate's account by any chance?
Indeed. I became an expert after hacking sally's account the other Day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
Seriously though, something similar has occurred to me (see #789 above), but I think the idea could do with a visit to Occam's Barber Shop.

I move we put Eönwë out of his misery toDay, before something weird happens and he walks away from this game as the new teflon wolf (TM).
But would it not be brilliant to make everyone believe Eonwe is the last wolf - if they know the Seer strongly believes him to be a Wolf but hasn't yet dreamt him? I dunno, it would be an interesting move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Well, we're not in Fea's game - good for you.

So all the roles that have been said to exist in the rules, do exist, and all the roles of those who have gotten off from the GT for any reason, have been revealed.
I am actually concerned that we got to the point where this explicit clarification is needed.
Old 05-17-2020, 07:09 AM   #842
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I nearly typed "toDay" several times already this morning in messages to my coworkers. Speak of emails from wolves!
Old 05-17-2020, 07:13 AM   #843
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
It seems the GT is taking a Day-off.

Looks like your chance to pass them in the postscore.
Is this a challenge?

Also, I just did it again. I keep writing Day with a capital D in my work communications, and then have to correct it.
Old 05-17-2020, 07:17 AM   #844
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Also, I just did it again. I keep writing Day with a capital D in my work communications, and then have to correct it.
That might be helpful in emphasising deadlines, like "today means toDay, and not any other Day."
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 08:03 AM   #845
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
How likely is it that the WWs have not been going after the Seer in fact, but instead framing people left and right, including toNight framing Eönwë by killing Shasta?
Possible. However potential SeerLottie ID'd him as her top choice straight away as this Day began.
Old 05-17-2020, 08:21 AM   #846
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I had to laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I don't even know if it matters, since the QT appears to like to toy with our votes more than the infectors...but for posterity.
Old 05-17-2020, 08:48 AM   #847
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
So all the roles that have been said to exist in the rules, do exist, and all the roles of those who have gotten off from the GT for any reason, have been revealed.
I am actually concerned that we got to the point where this explicit clarification is needed.
I'm thinking more about what hasn't been explicitly stated. Assuming Nog operates on faerie/genie rules, we could still have:

-The Seer doesn't know they're the Seer (because their PM inbox was full when they should have had the PM).

-The Seer's dreams aren't getting through (same reason).

-Nog is the Seer.

-The Seer is also a Wolf (the rules don't say you can't have two roles!)

-A secret player who never entered the GT is the Seer.

-Since the rules actually state 'The Seer learns all the roles', the Seer has known who everyone is from the start.

-Alternately, the Seer does learn all the roles - at the same time as everybody else, when someone dies.

So many options!

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 08:52 AM   #848
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
So Legate and Pitch, what do you think got you killed? I think I've found my Death Post:

Quote:
I would also put Shasta on my 'watch' list. For the reasons, (ironically enough) that Lommy states in her recent analysis.

I still feel I haven't got any kind of handle on Lhuna, Ka and, to some extent, Kath.
Which probably means they are all brilliant wolves.
Old 05-17-2020, 09:10 AM   #849
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
Not I, said the wolf. I'm sorry. The only game modded by Di I remember is her Werecreatures and Lovers game. Because Mac and I won that.
I've just had a look at the cast list. My only fellow player that is among present company was in fact our NogMod
Old 05-17-2020, 09:14 AM   #850
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

So here is another game for toDay. You get to decide my vote if you tell me your suspicions for The Child.
Old 05-17-2020, 09:29 AM   #851
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Welllcome Shasta! Grab a seat, grab one of our many remaining disinfected glasses/mugs (we came prepared, it seems)... Happy for your input!

I've been wondering for Days on end (well... we all did, I am sure). Since when have you been thinking it might be Lottie?
I wasn't looking super hard for the Seer, but it clicked for me yesterday when Lottie posted that first list of hers and left Greenie off it completely. Kinda surprised the wolves didn't notice that, to be honest.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 09:36 AM   #852
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Sadly I will have to vote early toDay and miss out on the enjoyably intense last-minute flurry of votes. Now I get why people keep doing that.

++Brinniel

because she's really really suspicious, and my Lhuna-nalysis and Ka-nalysis show her to be an Infector more likely than not.

Hmm, no more than almost everyone else, it appears. Ah well.
Old 05-17-2020, 09:43 AM   #853
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Parting shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
Reading Greenie's (very thoughtful) post, I realised I forgot Rune exists
I get that a lot these days.
Awwww my poor dear Runeyyyyy *sends Evil Breath-laden hug*
Old 05-17-2020, 09:54 AM   #854
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Seriously though, something similar has occurred to me (see #789 above), but I think the idea could do with a visit to Occam's Barber Shop.
All right all right. But I like complicated theories. Besides, they may be true!

Quote:
I nearly typed "toDay" several times already this morning in messages to my coworkers. Speak of emails from wolves!
Isn't that absolutely normal thing to do? After not having played WW in a long time, I noticed I feel back to the habit of typing Day and toDay with capital D after just two Da... I mean, days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
So Legate and Pitch, what do you think got you killed? I think I've found my Death Post:
I am not sure myself. Pitch, to me, really looked like Seer choice no.2 (after Boro). I had been thinking that what killed me was my constant suspicion of Greenie and that she was a Wolf, but I no longer think so. (Most importantly, nobody in the village seemed to notice it in the first place, either. But it is true that the first thought that occurred to me back then was that exactly nobody noticed it because those who analysed it were Wolves and didn't want it to be known!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I wasn't looking super hard for the Seer, but it clicked for me yesterday when Lottie posted that first list of hers and left Greenie off it completely. Kinda surprised the wolves didn't notice that, to be honest.
That's a nice one.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 10:02 AM   #855
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
But would it not be brilliant to make everyone believe*Eonwe is the last wolf - if they know the Seer strongly believes him to be a Wolf but hasn't yet dreamt him? I dunno, it would be an interesting move.
It would be interesting, but that would take a lot more planning than over the course of two Days and knowing exactly from about 3 Days ago who the Seer was.
The rule of conspiracy is that it's nearly impossible with a larger group of people because, no one can keep their mouth shut for long (as we saw with our unfortunate gifteds) for whatever reason. Then, trying to rope innocents in to it without them talking about their speculation or getting suspicious is neigh impossible.

Thank you, Lhuna. It was a mixture of #2 and #3 honestly.
It took me two Days to get people to kill me. Even after literally telling some to vote for me after they had ample evidence... twice.

Last edited by THE Ka; 05-17-2020 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Trying to quote while on the phone... Never again
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 10:07 AM   #856
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
So I was thinking about how risky Boro's fake-seering was in terms of accidentally flushing out the real seer. I reread stuff and found this from Day2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote
I didn't like Boro's posts earlier toDay, but as he mentioned me as a suspect, I decided to sleep on it before reacting. He does have a point that I shouldn't just assume Brinn is innocent - but I think his reasons for suspecting Brinn are weird, and I don't like that he uses Rikae's trap "catching" Brinn as a reason to suspect her. It feels too "well, known innocent says!" for my tastes.
sleep on it.... known innocent

That's coming after directing #131 and #182 at him on Day1.

At that point Boro knew he could go ahead with it.

and now we have Brinniel claiming the fame in the GT, too.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 10:08 AM   #857
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Ok I've just seen Brinn's reveal.

If it's true, that's hilarious. That post is DEFINITELY what got me killed.
Old 05-17-2020, 10:10 AM   #858
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
...and Loslote appears to be all over it, too, so disregard everything I said.
Old 05-17-2020, 10:11 AM   #859
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Whoooa! Okay, let's wait if anyone at all counter-claims and how logical will it seem... I mean, if the innocents and WWs are who Brinn says they are, there isn't much of a chance except for Kath to say that she's the Seer.

But if Kath is a Wolf, she's been brilliant. Well, so was Brinn - either way.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 05-17-2020, 10:12 AM   #860
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Saw Brinn's reveal and was doubtful because if Lottie was the seer and Brinn and Eonwe wolves, a fake reveal would be the only way now.

But Lottie goes with it, so ...

Eh, still want to see if there's a counter-reveal.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 10:13 AM   #861
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Though it would be hilarious if Boro thought he was getting a seer thumbs-up that was in fact faked by a wolf.
Old 05-17-2020, 10:13 AM   #862
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Btw I wonder why did Brinn not dream of Boro (if she's telling the truth). Maybe because he was under so much scrutiny that he was likely to be either lynched or Night-killed, so it was likely to be a dream wasted?
Old 05-17-2020, 10:19 AM   #863
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I could see the seer not counter-revealing if they still have one wolf left to dream of.
Old 05-17-2020, 10:21 AM   #864
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Btw I wonder why did Brinn not dream of Boro (if she's telling the truth). Maybe because he was under so much scrutiny that he was likely to be either lynched or Night-killed, so it was likely to be a dream wasted?
For that matter, why didn't she dream of me, considering the amount of time suspecting me? Unless it's for the same reason.
Old 05-17-2020, 10:22 AM   #865
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

To paraphrase Lommy regarding Sally, I'm not buying it.
Old 05-17-2020, 10:24 AM   #866
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
I wondered that too. If she's telling the truth, she saw him correctly naming two Innocents and two wolves while seer hinting and living. Wouldn't she want to know what was up?
Old 05-17-2020, 10:25 AM   #867
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Now Steve's joined in the vote. He, Brinn, and Lottie can't all be evil.
Old 05-17-2020, 10:28 AM   #868
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Joining Brinn doesn't mean evil, it means believing Brinn, and not the seer.
Old 05-17-2020, 10:30 AM   #869
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

But Shasta is dead?

You mean Eonwe? Funny, I mix Eonwe up with *you* all the time!
Old 05-17-2020, 10:30 AM   #870
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Gah. You said Steve.

Blurry vision and small screen.
Old 05-17-2020, 10:32 AM   #871
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

So if Brinniel speaks the truth, the last wolf next to Kath is Boro, Rune, or Loslote.

If Brinniel lies, then the last wolf next to her is...

Eonwe? (not if my Lottie idea is correct - if Lottie listed Eonwe on top, so if she knows about him her puzzle would be solved now.)

Loslote? (unlikely, a fake-seer reveal would have been more credible from her - then again, if wolf-Brinniel gets inevitably lynched toMorrow, Loslote still looks good, Brinniel in the reversed case less so.)

Gah, still too many options...
Old 05-17-2020, 10:33 AM   #872
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
It's hard to see an innocent Lottie being so quick to accept it.
Old 05-17-2020, 10:35 AM   #873
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.

++Brinniel

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 10:35 AM   #874
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

If Brinn is lying and if Loslote is the real seer and if her focus is to buy herself another day, it's a good way to ensure the wolves won't come for her next night.
Old 05-17-2020, 10:37 AM   #875
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Or going along with Brin for other reasons.

Edit: xed with 2 posts
Old 05-17-2020, 10:39 AM   #876
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Okay, so:

Scenario 1: Brinn & Eonwe are wolves. Lottie is an ordo. Real seer is still out there and hasn't commented yet. Worst case, is Kath.

Scenario 2: Brinn is the seer, Kath is a wolf, Eonwe is an ordo, who is happy he's been saved Lottie is a wolf who decided to drop the charade and not fake counter-reveal.

Scenario 3: Brinn is the seer, Kath is a wolf, Eonwe and Lottie are both relieved ordos, and Kath's fellow has not weighed in.

Did I get them all?

Brinn's weird "caught in a trap" comments early on and general caution were potentially seerish (why I wanted to give her a protective "cobbler-vote" on day 2) but ... also wolfish, and her claimed dreams don't leave much of a trail.

Prudent to wait.
Old 05-17-2020, 10:43 AM   #877
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

My favourite part of this is that if Brin's reveal is true, one of the suspected Seers is actually a wolf.
Old 05-17-2020, 10:52 AM   #878
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Scenario 4, Brinn's a wolf, Eonwe is innocent - wouldn't happen, right? A wolf Brinn would sit back and let the village lynch Eonwe today.

A Brinn-Eonwe pack might feel out of options and ready for a desperate play. Brinn would have been unlikely to survive more than a day after Eonwe was lynched.
Old 05-17-2020, 10:53 AM   #879
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
My favourite part of this is that if Brin's reveal is true, one of the suspected Seers is actually a wolf.
Uh ... that's usually the case with people who look seerish, and given the size of he village, kind of inevitable.
Old 05-17-2020, 11:10 AM   #880
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
This is madness.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote