The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2012, 01:15 PM   #11
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Okay, just (if you don't have anything better to do, it's not necessary, I might try to cope on my own): could you please somehow rephrase, say it again or explain it a bit more? I didn't quite get the meaning of this paraghraph. What do you mean: who would set up whom and how, most importantly?
I meant if Lommy (or Eonwe, and/or someone else acquiring significant suspicion yesterday) is a wolf, then the pack could use their night kills to divert suspicion away from one of them.

For first kills, the "little to no trail kill" seems to be more popular these days. However, Rikae isn't one. She was involved in majority of the days action, and had some fairly strongly stated opinions. So, as Pom correctly rephrased it could have been a "Hey look, this person would have a reason to kill Rikae!" and thus get suspicion dropped on a wolf who was getting votes/suspicions on Day 1.

I may have gotten too wordy and confusing, but essentially I wanted to say that it doesn't have to be an either/or..."They killed her because they thought she was seer/gifted/a threat" OR "They killed her to divert suspicions away from one of their own"...it could very well be both.

I think in combination with the Bom-voting yesterday, and with the Rikae-kill, there was at least one wolf under lynch threat yesterday. It's like a 2-step plan.

1) The immediate fix to save a packmate from being lynched Day 1, by opportunistically capitilizing on Bom's self-vote.

2) The long-term solution, kill Rikae, a person who left some strong suspicions to follow and make it look like someone else had a reason to kill her. And thus what I meant by using the night-kill to "redirect focus" today. With how slight/unsure we are about Day 1 suspicions, it's rather easy to get us to drop them when getting other evidence, such as who the wolves killed.

Ok, the basics of my Pitch-uneasiness is how he came out today to scold people about the Bom-voting. There's more which I'm going to explain but this:

Quote:
I'll be getting to Rikae in a moment, but first things first: that was one of the most useless D1 lynches ever.

It's not like I can't empathize to some degree with being annoyed by Bom and wanting to set an example, but what exactly was that supposed to accomplish? I mean, you said it yourselves:
It's not that what he says is wrong/inaccurate. Afterall, what would Bom's lynch accomplish? But it comes off as trying to shame us...like "How could you do this" or "How dare you."

Not sure how to describe it other than Pitch is sounding over-the-top, trying to show disgust towards a meaningless lynch. It certainly was a strangely agreed upon to vote Bom, but the shaming outrage "how could you people do this!" is out of place, and rather uncalled for. I mean nothing against Bom, but it's not like we lynched the seer.

Ok, now I didn't vote, and for whatever it's worth I would have likely voted for G55 yesterday, but I would not at all stood opposed to the Bom-lynch. And that's where I'm scratching my head about Pitch's scolding about the lynch.

What did it accomplish? Well, maybe nothing on the surface, because Bom didn't really say anything. But what did it accomplish for the wolves? Not much other than insure one of their own wasn't lynched. I mean it sucks for Bom, and eventually we have to put real spies in the real noose. Maybe I'm strange, but I happen to think, if not a wolf, than any Day 1 that doesn't lynch a gifted to help us more than the wolves. The longer gifteds stay around, use their gifts, and gather info, the more of a chance they can flip the tide against the wolves.

And besides it may be useless to glean any substance from Bom's posts, but that doesn't make the lynch, itself useless. I mean if one of the wolves was under threat of lynching yesterday, than Bom made an easy alternative target, and that's certainly not useless. And excluding Bom's vote, there were 5 who voted Bom. It's certainly plausible at least one spy is in there...so again what did the lynch accomplish for the wolves other than getting a step closer to victory?

So, yeah that first post from Pitch today...it's not sitting well with me. It looks like he's trying to shame people for how they voted, by framing the lynch as the "most useless Day 1 lynch ever." Maybe not the most meaningful, but real scolding language, especially when I'd hardly call it a horrible/crippling lynch (like lynching the seer D1)

Edit: crossed with Legate, Greenie and Nog