The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-05-2003, 04:16 AM   #1
Ar-Luman
Animated Skeleton

Ar-Luman has just left Hobbiton.
Sting Tolkien refernce in an I.Q test

I was taking an online I.Q exam and what did I see?

A spaceship recieved three messages in a strange language from a distant planet. The astronauts studied the messages and found this. "Elros Aldarion Elendil" means "Danger Rocket Explosion". "Edain Minytaur Elros", means "Danger Spaceship Fire". And "Aldarion Gilmizor Gondor", means "Bad gas explosion". What does "Elendil" mean.

Danger, Explosion, Nothing, Rocket, Gas

This was found at universityoflife.com under "Serious I.Q tests". #36 on the test.

A similar question was found @ allthetests.com, under I.Q tests, then go to "test your I.Q free", #10

I thought that was pretty neat to see words from middle earth on an I.Q test of all things. Sorry, I would have put a link to go directly to the website but I have no idea how to do that. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2003, 02:58 PM   #2
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie Send a message via AIM to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
1420!

Hmmm...I'll check it out.

There are 10 buttons under the area where you type while posting a reply. The first says URL. Click on that, then open another internet page and go to the place that you want to link. Copy the web adress and come back here, on the original internet page. Paste the adress in the box and click 'ok'. Then type what ever you want the link to be read as and click 'ok'. Hope that helps.

[ January 05, 2003: Message edited by: MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie ]

-Willie
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie is offline   Reply With Quote