Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2011, 10:26 AM   #441
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Well, Amdír has taken Coldan along, and is attempting to strike up a conversation by asking about Dorwinion. I very nearly had him ask Coldan to talk about Dorwinion's wine in comparison with Gondor, but although Amdír knows nothing of Coldan's evening, I decided I didn't want to give poor Collie such an obvious pretext for being angry, and decided instead to give him a chance at a more contemplative conversation.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:37 AM   #442
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Hyper-busy over here, but I'll try to keep this going as I can. Considered having Elanor go straight to Brinn but then this would cease to be a roleplay on my end and turn into glorified fan fic.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:14 PM   #443
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Formy, you should be the prompter here, not me! As you may have guessed, I ran a bit out of steam with Coldan after yesterDay's excitement; but all it took was your gentle prodding and some cursory geographic research, and lo and behold! he's talking like a book. Thanks!
Old 04-20-2011, 02:25 PM   #444
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Okay, Mnemo, Asta has opened conversation with Elanor– and mistaken her for a kiddie, which should go down like a ton of bricks. Over to you.

Oh, and Dimturiel, pray ignore Asta's unkind mental comments about Harry.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:31 PM   #445
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Beautiful posts both those last two (I've repped you both too recently, apparently, how irksome)

Nerwen, I always enjoy Asta's internal venom...

Musing upon a Cirdacil post quite soon; Sador can wait for that dull boy's next move

PS Pitchwife, why on earth did I forget to say, amazing names/geog general approach to the land of Wine...makes me want to see (ahem, write in) an RP based entirely in it...
Old 04-20-2011, 02:53 PM   #446
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel View Post

PS Pitchwife, why on earth did I forget to say, amazing names/geog general approach to the land of Wine...makes me want to see (ahem, write in) an RP based entirely in it...
The planning and Discussion part of the Game forum is ready and waiting for this to be worked up!!

Old 04-20-2011, 03:32 PM   #447
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Heh, thanks! My Sea of Rhűn is more or less the Black Sea, the agriculture etc. drawn from my old geo book from school (any mistakes of course mine). As for the names, you'll find them all on a decent map of the Bulgarian Black Sea coast, I've just tweaked the phonology/spelling a little to make them look more Sindarin-ish. (The Translator Conceit™ is of course in full force here.)

Btw I concur about Asta's venom - she's at her best when she's snarky. I'm looking forward to seeing her interact with Elanor and some other people for a change.

And Mnemo, charming Elanor post! But what else did I expect...
Old 04-20-2011, 04:01 PM   #448
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

...over to you Inziladun
Old 04-20-2011, 04:26 PM   #449
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
...over to you Inziladun
Right, I'll be out of pocket for the next couple of hours, but I'll try to have something up before I turn in tonight.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:47 PM   #450
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well...

Amdír really got away from me there (or served as a conduit for some my own thoughts, perhaps...), but I managed to wrestle it back to a point where you have options, Pitch. If you want to keep waxing philosophical about Gondor's history or other cultural subjects (for example, I never did get around to Amdír speculating about his own ancestry), I'll gladly go on in that vein... but perhaps it would be more pertinent to go in the direction of the good carpenter's final question.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:19 PM   #451
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Formendacil, before Amdir took off, did he finish and/or drop off the crutches? Either way...
Old 04-20-2011, 07:56 PM   #452
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Anguirel, I've got Vëandur obediently approaching Cirdacil (with a fair amount of apprehension). I thought he was a bit too happy and confident, so I gave him a problem to deal with as well.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:20 AM   #453
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
Formendacil, before Amdir took off, did he finish and/or drop off the crutches? Either way...
I'm too lazy to find my own quote (I'm sure I mentioned it...), but in any case: yes, Brinn can hobble around wheresoever she pleases.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:22 AM   #454
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
I'm too lazy to find my own quote (I'm sure I mentioned it...), but in any case: yes, Brinn can hobble around wheresoever she pleases.
Thanks.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:09 PM   #455
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimturiel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Dimturiel Send a message via Yahoo to Dimturiel
Quote:
Oh, and Dimturiel, pray ignore Asta's unkind mental comments about Harry.
Oh, don't worry, Nerwen, they were fun to read. And, as a matter of fact, I did deliberately make Harrenon seem slightly...shall we say, unobtrusive.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:57 AM   #456
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
I will be away over Easter– will resume conversation with Elanor when I get back, unless Mnemo wants to fill in in the meantime.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:08 PM   #457
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Ang, if only I hadn't just repped you the other day... Magnificent last post! Awww Cirdacil - he does have a heart after all... *sob*
Old 04-22-2011, 01:45 PM   #458
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Hiya people, just informing you I have been without intrernet access ever since I last posted here and will be so until Tuesday evening. So, until then I will be as quiet as for the last two weeks (eeks?) but I promise to catch up and post Tuesday/Wednesday... I trust you all to carry along with my character.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:52 PM   #459
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwen View Post
Sorry to interrupt, but I believe that this takes the activity away from all other categories...
Pardon?
Old 04-22-2011, 03:10 PM   #460
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Oh I get it, she wants us to reply to the riddles thread

Urwen, role-playing is going through a rather pleasant and unusual renaissance at the moment - I don't think you should begrudge the attention
Old 04-22-2011, 03:32 PM   #461
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Urwen, I understand your points and your concerns, but, quite frankly, this is not the place to voice them: it's a discussion thread for an RPG. Everyone who is posting here is doing so out of a commitment to this particular game, a commitment of their own volition, and they constitute a minority of the members on this board--even the active ones.

Please consider other factors that may be contributing to the sleepiness in other areas of the discussion forum: for example, the fact that in many schools this is a busy time of year for both students and teachers.

If you'd like to discuss the effect that roleplaying is having on the rest of the forum, might I suggest the "A Measure of Success" thread?

Otherwise, please don't post on this thread unless you have something to say about this particular game, The King's Players, and not the time commitments of the people who are writing it. Take it to a different thread, or take it to PM.

Last edited by Mnemosyne; 04-22-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:16 PM   #462
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Let's bring this thread back to a KP - RPG centered discussion.

No one is allowed to post in the Discussion Thread except players, Moderators, Administrators, and forum members asking permission to join the game.

All other posts will be removed.

~*~ piosenniel, Forum Moderator
Old 04-22-2011, 09:31 PM   #463
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Busy writing papers here, but I will get a post up sometime soon.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:23 PM   #464
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'm back, and trying to catch up on everything. I've skimmed the game thread, but I have no time to post anything worthwhile. I'll try to get something up tomorrow.

PS: Mnemo, how much about Elanor do you want Thiliel to know / tell Brinn?
Old 04-24-2011, 07:33 PM   #465
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
And I've been able to keep up on this thread, but failing at the game thread. After tomorrow I'll be able to get back to the regular level of posting.

(Also, belated thank you Galadriel. I had much fun. )
Old 04-24-2011, 07:52 PM   #466
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Galadriel, however much you think Thiliel could have figured out!

Still drowning in RL over here, but I should be back on dry land by Wednesday.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:38 AM   #467
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Well, it's a short enough post I've put up, but Holy Week/Easter have eaten away my weekend, and now I'm facing a fairly hefty week, so I thought I should put something up rather than wait for "the perfect moment" to put up "the perfect post."

Pitchwife, I've left it rather open-ended: we can jump ahead to Hallas' estate, or even to their return to Minas Anor in the mid-afternoon, or you can have Coldan inquire into Amdír's memories of the War. In a stroke of what I'd like to think is genius, I decided that the good carpenter was wounded in battle with Easterlings specifically, which you may want to play off--either externally or internally--with Coldan.

Anyway, the ball's in your court again.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:43 AM   #468
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Dimturiel, Harrenon's surely asking to be struck violently by Love at some point now...
Old 04-26-2011, 07:06 AM   #469
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimturiel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Dimturiel Send a message via Yahoo to Dimturiel
It would certainly be amusing. after such a rant. By the way, nice touch with the Itaril thingy.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:40 AM   #470
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Yeah, the mention of Itaril was great! I wondered where PJ got the idea from... Hmm.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:31 PM   #471
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Erm... Did anyone else have any posts disappear yesterday? Was I posting on a different thread or something?
Old 04-26-2011, 12:33 PM   #472
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Erm... Did anyone else have any posts disappear yesterday? Was I posting on a different thread or something?
It's been happening to other people too, dear.

(Also, I'm planning on catching up with all this on Thursday if all goes according to plan. I really do want to play, but I'm simply rubbish at keeping up with stuff.)
Old 04-26-2011, 04:00 PM   #473
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I really do want to play
sally dear, that would be most delightful! Have you thought of a character yet?
Old 04-26-2011, 05:23 PM   #474
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Another neverending post - just had to cut it off at the end, or I would get no sleep at all tonight.

Formy, I figured you'd be occupied over Easter, great you could find the time to post at all. As you see, I've made use of the Easterling connection (great idea!); and seeing that things aren't moving too speedily at the inn right now, I've taken us as far as Hallas' estate. I hope I've done a decent job at capturing Amdír's voice? (Part of the dialogue I gave him is a bit Mother Mary [no pun intended], speaking words of wisdom into Coldan's ear...)

Once we get to discussing Amdír's war memories, I have a question: do you still stick with the idea that Amdír met Merry while convalescing in the HoH? You mentioned it way back in the pre-game discussion, and I don't know how serious you were about it, but I think a) it would be hilarious if he'd known the truth all along, b) it's quite plausible, and c) I have an idea what I'd like to do with it (no embarrassing Amdír and nobody yelling at him for never mentioning it, I promise).
Old 04-26-2011, 07:39 PM   #475
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Once we get to discussing Amdír's war memories, I have a question: do you still stick with the idea that Amdír met Merry while convalescing in the HoH? You mentioned it way back in the pre-game discussion, and I don't know how serious you were about it, but I think a) it would be hilarious if he'd known the truth all along, b) it's quite plausible, and c) I have an idea what I'd like to do with it (no embarrassing Amdír and nobody yelling at him for never mentioning it, I promise).
My thought is still that Amdír met Merry briefly in the Houses of Healing--"met" being a somewhat grand way of putting it, perhaps. However, since he knew him as "Master Meriadoc of King Theoden's household" I doubt he would have realised that "Mary the Elf" was supposed to be one and the same character until they met Samwise.

Thus, I agree it's quite plausible, so on the assumption that Amdír not mentioning it has to do with never putting the two together and his general quietness of character, then I'm fine with it.

I can probably have a post up for my fine carpenter tomorrow morning (my time), but in the event I don't, it will take a couple days, as Rune is visiting and school will eat me. In the event I don't post in the next 16 hours or so, feel free to go ahead without me.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:06 AM   #476
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Save filled. I should be set to play regularly (including daily postings) for the next two weeks. Thanks for bearing with me in the meantime.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:35 PM   #477
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I think Thiliel went to a room to bring Brinn the tray... gotta fix that.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:41 PM   #478
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Okay, I should be able to post a couple times over the next two days, so... is everyone prepared to move into the evening? Or are we there already?
Old 04-28-2011, 09:03 PM   #479
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

TP, please tell me you forgot to put a smiley there and that you aren't really serious. We're just waking up.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:09 PM   #480
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Erm... Which day are you waking up on? Have we changed days?

I'm kind of lost because I actually asked this question already a couple days ago or so but my post and others got deleted so I never got my answer.