The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-12-2009, 12:39 AM   #1081
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
New suspect - Morsul. Following Boro's self vote, or jumping on it? Why?

because I'm tired and won't be on tomorrow... end of reasons... or rather today

Last edited by Morsul the Dark; 12-12-2009 at 12:40 AM. Reason: addes shasta's quote
Morsul the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 02:44 AM   #1082
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
After a good hard think...

++Sacrifice Boromir88
++Shasta
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 02:45 AM   #1083
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
...because three shots are better than two and I've been feeling summarily useless.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 12-12-2009, 02:54 AM   #1084
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
You're the Hunter, then, Shasta?
Old 12-12-2009, 02:59 AM   #1085
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
You're the Hunter, then, Shasta?
Affirmative, my darling.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:03 AM   #1086
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Affirmative, my darling.
Why so rude, jewel of my soul?
Old 12-12-2009, 03:17 AM   #1087
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Why so rude, jewel of my soul?
I'm being rude, she with whom the heavens cannot compete? I surely do not intend to be. If I hath offended thine delicate sensibilities, I pray thee forgive this humble woodsman.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:32 AM   #1088
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
I'm being rude, she with whom the heavens cannot compete? I surely do not intend to be. If I hath offended thine delicate sensibilities, I pray thee forgive this humble woodsman.
My treasure, your words were fittingly polite, yet you accompanied them with an out-thrust tongue.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:41 AM   #1089
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
My treasure, your words were fittingly polite, yet you accompanied them with an out-thrust tongue.
Not near so offensive as a biting of the thumb, I trust?
Old 12-12-2009, 08:20 AM   #1090
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Not near so offensive as a biting of the thumb, I trust?
Ah, my beloved, but would you not have used a :bitesthumb: emoticon if perchance such a thing existed?

...Anyone around?
Old 12-12-2009, 09:03 AM   #1091
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Anyway, since my beloved king has chosen to make the supreme sacrifice–

++Shasta.

Look, it really should work... and of course the light of my life has psychic powers on his side...

And–

++Sacrifice Boro
Old 12-12-2009, 09:14 AM   #1092
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Well, I have to go. Good luck.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:30 AM   #1093
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
You know, I was going to explain my situation fully, because I thought it was the right thing, but since I'm stupid forget it. You don't deserve it. Thanks for making the start of today, almost as bad as yesterday.

Good hunting Shasta (I mean that with complete sincerity).
Old 12-12-2009, 10:00 AM   #1094
Bes
Animated Skeleton

Bes has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Bes Send a message via Yahoo to Bes Send a message via Skype™ to Bes
*scratches head* Well, uhm. Sorry Boro? I hope you feel better; A silly game shouldn't be allowed to ruin your whole day. However, since you did volunteer yourself... Just to let you know, I think I get where you were going with that move (maybe?), but Mnemo did more or less the same thing and was lynched pretty much immediately after. Anyway, I send hugs and positive thoughts.

Shasta's plan is admirable enough, though with how enthused with it Shasta and Sally were yesterday, I'm sort of surprised to hear that either of them is the hunter... Then again, if you're not you don't gain much by voting for yourself and encouraging others to do the same, so I guess Shasta is? Best of luck!

++Shasta
++sacrifice Boro

Also, I have to go for a while, won't be back before the DL; Christmas shopping. Later folks!
Bes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:48 AM   #1095
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
You know, I was going to explain my situation fully, because I thought it was the right thing, but since I'm stupid forget it. You don't deserve it. Thanks for making the start of today, almost as bad as yesterday.

Good hunting Shasta (I mean that with complete sincerity).
*hugs you* It's not that I didn't believe you; in fact I did, which is why I didn't like the sacrificing of you.

I still want clarification on this whole sacrificing thing; I'm trying to decide if sacrificing Shasta would be easier/more productive, given the information we could gain from his death. But a lynch would be fine too, as long as we sacrifice properly. If Boro wishes to leave the game I'll vote him but otherwise I'd like to take our chances at a wolf toDay since it's rather imperative that we catch one.

Oh, and Shasta, we've yet to see your list. I'm just saying.

(Also, LONG LIVE THE DOWNS!!!!!!!!!!!)
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:03 PM   #1096
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
And a hush fell over the crowd. Guess I'll snag some lunch then.

*watches Schindler's List and waits for new posts*
Old 12-12-2009, 12:37 PM   #1097
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Two and a half hours until DL and no one's on? Where are you all?

*does some checking*
Old 12-12-2009, 01:40 PM   #1098
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I couldn't help noticing that no one went in-depth as to why Brinn was killed. So I've decided to go over her posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Ugh, I just remembered how awful this deadline is for me. I'm only going to be around for a small window during the first half of the Day, unfortunately. So I'll do my best to participate now, though I'm afraid it's not much.

Nienna seemed to be the first to move away from the banter, which I appreciate. Right now I'm just too tired to process any long bantery posts, so let's just stay on-topic, okay?

On the subject of the gifteds, I agree we just leave it alone and not worry about accidentally lynching them. Our roles are our own responsibility and it's up to the gifted how they play. If we lynch them, it's not our fault; they are the ones to blame because it is by their own actions that makes them suspicious. And anyway, if we focus too much on who the gifteds may be and how to avoid them, we may end up leaving clues for the wolves, which could be quite dangerous if any of them are accurate.

Btw, I don't think Boro is saying let's lynch those who make sense and leave alone anyone who is acting suspicious. I think he's just trying to say we need to keep in mind that not everyone who is obviously suspicious is a wolf (and may even be possibly gifted) and not everyone who makes sense is innocent. So we can't make any assumptions based on that alone. Which I agree.

How I hate Day Ones. Not that they're useless, but I always have trouble coming to any conclusions, especially this early in the Day. I don't think it'd be right for me to vote now since it'd have to be completely random and I'm not in the mood for randomness. So I may not vote at all toDay. There's a possibility I'll be able to pop in real quick and vote later toMorrow, but don't have any high expectations.

P.S. I also think we should keep in mind that the polar bears are an endangered species and we must work to save them. Because if we can't catch the wolves, the polar bears will totally do the job for us and eat them for breakfast.
Likes Nienna and Boro, hates Day Ones, loves polar bears who eat wolves.

Quote:
And I'm sure you'd call it equally safe if I were to randomly vote instead. But at that point of the Day when it's too early to have the slightest suspicion, what else am I supposed to do?

I'm pretty sure Nogrod is talking about my own decision not to vote because it was still too early in the Day, even if I might not return.

But anyway, I am back now, for a short time at least (my participation may be spotty since I am at work). And if I have enough time to look back at some things and see enough to form a suspicion, then I will vote before I leave again.

I don't like the jump on Boro either. I personally found his message to make perfect sense, so I don't really know what the reactions are all about and for that reason, I would like to go back and take a look at those who did jump on him.

Also, I think voting for someone based only on what you think is a 'slip' is rather ridiculous. If you think that way, then fine. But have some evidence to further back up that suspicion before making the vote.
Seems to not like Nog, definitely dislikes the voting for Boro (thus liking Boro) and talks about slips a bit.

Quote:
That already happened last game. Back then it was quite fun since I was teamed with them, but if they are in cahoots together yet again, just kill me now.

Btw, I'm voting shortly since I'm done with work soon and I'm tired of looking over my shoulder in fear of getting yelled at by my boss..
Says a Roa and Nog team would be insane.

Quote:
I almost forgot to vote! I'm a bit rushed since I have to run to class, but here we go..

The two people who stuck in my mind as suspicious are Nogrod and Nerwen. Nogrod's certainty over Roa's guilt seems a bit odd; why so confident on Day One? Whoever mentioned that his behaviour seems cobblerish, I agree. The problem is we don't even know whether we have a cobbler or not. As for Nerwen, she was very quick to jump on Roa's attack on Boro earlier; a very bandwaggonish move, which I find suspicious. So...

++Nerwen

Of course it's always possible...and it'd be almost funny if it did happen again. Anyway it seems quite typical for Nogrod and Roa to butt heads; though that does not necessarily point toward innocence or guilt.
Suspects Nog and Nerwen, mentions the possibility of a cobbler. Nog was too sure of Roa's guilt and Nerwen was too quick to follow Roa. (Interesting....) Votes Nerwen.

Quote:
So Roa dropped? What a shame; I was hoping to see more of the Nog & Roa show. But really, before I knew she dropped, I was starting to think it perhaps more likely that those two really were just two innocents at each other's throats. Nogrod can be a bold wolf, so I won't eliminate the possibility, but still it is rather risky to be going at it with an innocent with such force as early as Day One. If they are both innocent, the Roa vs. Nogrod was a great distraction for the wolves. With the events of yesterDay, our baddies could easily set him up for the next lynch target I think, which is why I would be rather uncomfortable to vote for him toDay.

Okay, now that really is a stretch. When I said "whether we have a cobbler," I meant "we" as in "the village." I really can't see what was wrong with what I said or why you'd consider it a 'slip.'

I don't exactly understand Loslote's vote for Lommy. She summarises a post of her's, yet fails to provide any of her own commentary.
Says now that Nog is probably innocent and was just squabbling with ordo!Roa. Talks about her "slip" and says she doesn't understand Lottie's vote.

Quote:
Well of course you would add it and I wouldn't expect anything less; after all, twisting words into 'slips' is something wolves enjoy doing.

Btw, I'm not exactly sure why my Nerwen vote looks bad. It's not the strongest reasoning, I admit, but I still think it was a valid one. And it's certainly better than no reason at all.

Once again, I really don't have the time I need to get a better grasp on players. I'll try to hold off my vote for now, though it will have to be sometime in the next four hours. Anyway, right now the closest thing I have to a vote is Loslote for her unreasoned vote. She even admitted she didn't have a reason to suspect Lommy. Summarising a post of her's does not make it look better if there's no actual opinion shared or conclusions made.

I think you should've gone by that name. It so much more fun to say, not to mention it's easier to rhyme (like Steve).
Says wolves enjoy twisting words. (I mention this because at some recent point Lommie made a huge point of how much wolves don't do this on purpose. Seems an interesting contrast, though I'm not positive it means something.) Still suspects Nerwen and doesn't know why people think the vote looks bad. Doesn't like Lottie. Makes fun of me. Heh.

Quote:
I have to go to class in about 10 minutes, so I'm voting now. And since no better candidates have come forward:

++Loslote

No, she has not been back to explain her vote, and she probably won't return toDay. But even if she does return, I have doubts there will be much explaining considering in the posts before her vote she kept saying she suspects Lommy, but doesn't have a reason for it. She'd probably call it a gut feeling or something like that, but at this point we're beyond gut feelings and unreasoned suspicion. With eight pages of posts, surely everyone should have at least some reason to suspect somebody. With perhaps the exception of those majorly lacking in time. Which I don't think is the case with Loslote, because then I don't think she would've even bothered to summarise Lommy's post. I still don't understand why that summary is even there, if there is no conclusion made from it...or if there is, she's not sharing it which is silly since the conclusion is more important than the summary itself.

If I had time, I'd respond to Sally's analysis of me since I find some points rather flawed, but unfortunately I really must go, so it'll have to wait until toMorrow. Btw dear, while Sally can be rhymed with, Stan is such a better name for rhyming. For example, if you were named Stan, I could write a poem about Stan and the Saucepan Man. So there.
Votes Lottie for her unexplained behavior. Says she'd respond to my analysis of her but doesn't have time.

Quote:
Heh, I didn't even remember that until you mentioned it...and even then it's still blurry. But really, I don't have any harsh feelings against Loslote; I simply found her actions yesterDay to be suspicious.

So apparently Eomer has come to the conclusion that everyone who voted Mnemo is innocent and those who tried to save her are probably guilty. That is a horrible assumption to make. While those who weren't convinced of Mnemo's guilt may look more suspicious, that doesn't necessarily mean they are. And with seven votes for Mnemo, I think it could be very likely that at least one is wolf-on-wolf. There are players among the Mnemo voters who are risk-takers and would probably be perfectly okay with sacrificing a wolf to make them look better.

Btw, I'm slightly concerned about this jump on Nienna. Yes, she tried to save Mnemo twice, but that doesn't make her automatically guilty. I've seen plenty of innocents get lynched in the past for this reason and because of that, the wolves could easily set Nienna up to be toDay's lynch, so let's not jump to conclusions. Of course now that I've said this, she'll probably turn out to be a wolf after all. But unless she does something majorly suspicious toDay, I doubt I'll vote her.

Hmm...I'm not convinced. The problem with the secret role is that it's so much easier for a baddie to get away with a fake reveal since we don't know what the role is. One dream for the entire game? A limited seer is certainly possible, though I honestly expected more from a secret role.

While I'm still not sure whether to believe Loslote's claim, I will give her the benefit of the doubt for toDay and see what dream she comes up with toMorrow. It'd be pretty silly to lynch her now with the chance that she is telling the truth. I wonder if there'll be a counter reveal...
Still finds Lottie suspicious. Talks about Eomer and Mnemo votes, etc. Doesn't know whether to believe Lottie.

Quote:
Well, so long as the ranger is still alive by toNight, they can protect her. I too thought it odd that she would reveal now considering she's not even a serious lynch candidate at the moment. But if she is telling the truth and considering it doesn't look like she'll be back before deadline, she could've just panicked.

Wait, what? I just said I'm NOT convinced of her reveal. But still, even if there is a counter reveal, I'll still give her the benefit of the doubt for toDay because I don't want to risk the chance that she is what she says she is and lose a possible dream. If this is a false reveal, we will figure it out eventually; we always do.
Nothing much but about Lottie again.

Quote:
Well, I didn't say I thought Eomer wanted to lynch everyone who defended Mnemo, just that he labeled them all as suspicious. But I was more concerned about him labeling everyone who voted Mnemo as most likely innocent. I agree that those who defended Mnemo should be looked at because there's a good chance one is a wolf, but I also think it's just as likely that there's one wolf among the group that voted Mnemo.
Clarified an earlier point so not much.

Quote:
If I were a wolf with Nienna, chances are I'd be throwing her under the bus rather than saving her. Because with her vote record, she'd probably deserve it. Sorry Nienna.

In the past, I've had no problems with lynching a fellow wolf if I thought that was necessary to make myself look better and/or they were drawing enough attention to themselves anyway. Which is probably why I'm wary of the Mnemo voters. I know I'm not the only player here that doesn't mind throwing a fellow wolf under the bus.

We all have different ways in how we play, so I accept that. I understand why you'd find those who voted to save Mnemo and I don't see leaving the Mnemo voters alone for toDay as a problem...I just don't want to see them fall under the radar or continue to be disregarded later on, because if we did that, we could easily be handing the victory to the wolves.

Yes, Nienna's votes are her own errors, but if she's innocent, I could easily imagine the wolves at Night saying something like, "Pity we lost Mnemo, but look at Nienna's vote record; she could easily be set up for toMorrow's lynch, and with little help from us." The wolves don't need to create this whole bandwagon to get her lynched; sometimes all they need to do is give a gentle nudge and the village will take the bait.

I'm not trying to make people look like they're assuming one way or the other, but I did notice earlier in the Day that most players seemed to have Nienna at the top of their suspicion list, which is an indication of how toDay's voting might sway. And I'm concerned people will be too quick to jump on the most obviously suspicious person since more often than not they turn out innocent. I get the feeling that Nienna may be a mislead innocent, though I can't say I'm entirely confident about that since she has as a wolf managed to get away with some very suspicious stuff in the past. I don't care to see her lynched toDay, but would rather like to keep an eye on her.

I doubt that the role is a modified wolf since I agree with Boro that it wouldn't be a separate role, but an extension of a current wolf role. But it's possible the secret role is a cobbler. Or perhaps a cursed...though I think that's less likely.
Talks about Nienna and the Mnemo votes again, then about the secret role.

Quote:
Okay, while I don't like Bes's vote at all, I think it looks more like a newbie move than a necessarily evil one.

Boromir seems so sensible, I'm actually kind of scared he's actually a wolf. If he is, he's fooling me big time.

I won't vote Nogrod toDay since it's his special day and I'm not mean like Sally. I don't have a reason why I'd want to vote him anyway.

A Nienna lynch still looks too easy, so I won't support one for toDay.

Shasta has been itching up my suspicion list. It's not so much the votes, but some other comments. Like a couple remarks he made about me (both yesterDay and toDay). It's the way he suggested that some things I said look suspicious...like he was throwing it out in the open and waiting to see if anyone will take the bait (for example the 'slip,' and when others didn't he quickly backtracked). I also agree with whoever said that his response to Mnemo's role is a bit suspicious. I'm always wary of those who react like "oh, I guess I was wrong...oops" in the same way I'm always wary of those who are all like "yay for the ranger/hunter" whenever a gifted successfully does their job in the Night.

Eomer is also one I'm worried about. The timing of his vote could easily be wolf-on-wolf and I wouldn't put it past him to do that. His cool and relaxed manner also make me uneasy...almost like he doesn't care too much about which way the votes will swing. There's something about his behaviour that's just very sneaky.

I'd like to look more at Sally since I'm feeling rather iffy about her and her behaviour these past Days. Unfortunately, I don't really have time since I should be working on my school project now. I'm not eager to lynch her now since I'd prefer to look back at her posts first, but if it came between her and Nienna, I'd rather see Sally go.

EDIT: X-ed with a gazillion posts
Thinks Bes is new but not bad. Likes Boro and Nog. Suspects Shasta more and more. Worries more about Eomer and wants to look more closely at me.

Quote:
Have I been nice to you? I thought I was just ignoring you. I've been ignoring a lot of people admittingly, mostly due to my lack of time. I just don't have time to analyse everyone, so I just pay attention to those who jump out as suspicious to me. But I can suspect you if you like.

I don't really understand why my defense of Nienna is so suspicious. I just think it's a bad idea to lynch her toDay because she's been appointed toDay's easy lynch since the very start and it all looks too simple. If she acts suspicious in future Days to come, then my mind might change, but for now I won't be voting her.
Again, talking about Nienna.

Quote:
++Sally
Self-explanatory.

Quote:
Why? Because you think me against lynching Nienna suddenly makes her more guilty?
Nienna again.

Quote:
P.S. Nienna if you are a wolf, you won't be getting brownies for me next time I make them. (btw, will you be a dear and take my meat out of the freezer...I'd like to make tacos this weekend)

EDIT: x-ed with mod...sorry
Banter type stuff, again with/about Nienna.

Quote:
I should just rub it in all your faces now and say I told you so. It was a mistake to lynch Nienna, she was the easy lynch, the most obvious suspect usually turns out innocent, blah, blah, blah. Shame on those who didn't listen, especially the ones who accused me of being a wolf defending a fellow wolf (I mean really, where's the logic here?). You may have killed Nienna, but she still gets her brownie. So there.

I'm much more ready to believe Loslote toDay as she's exposed a wolf and I would expect a baddie posing as a wolf to 'dream' of an innocent. Otherwise it's plain suicide...unless she's a wolf sacrificing a fellow wolf to look good which I don't find at all likely since it's rather risky (especially since I can't recall Pitchwife receiving much suspicion, so why sacrifice him). Anyway, we can lynch him toDay, but we should also be a bit productive and try to sniff out the other two.

Lommy I'm very suspicious of due to her posts at the end of yesterDay. Shasta I was worried about already and I'm worrying about him even more toDay. Nogrod, I'd like you to answer my question from the end of yesterDay because I'm still confused why my post decided your vote.
Believes Lottie now and suspects Lommie. Is worried about Shasta and wants answers from Noggins.

Quote:
I believe I did explain my suspicions yesterDay. And then your actions at the end of the Day looks awfully sinister which is why I'm even more worried about you.

Shasta was present and posting at the end of the Day before the tie occurred. If he had abstained from voting, people would've questioned it. Sure he could've said he lost track of time or something, but that would've been unsporty. So I don't think the fact that he voted at all gives any indication towards what his role may be.

Hmm...I've heard of that role before from way back in the early days of WW. I can't recall ever seeing that role used in a game since I started playing, so I think it's been years since it's been used.
Speculation about Shasta's voting and the secret role.

Quote:
Yeah, I pretty much expected you would say that considering you even hinted at it yesterDay. At the time, a lot of people though my defense was a wolf-on-wolf one, but then you put that out there. Makes me wonder if that's because you already knew Nienna would be revealed innocent upon death and you're trying to keep suspicion cast on me. I won't deny that defending Nienna is something I'd do as a wolf as I have done it before, but that is not the case this time. I'm just an innocent who made a valid point yesterDay. I was getting quite frustrated that everyone was knocking me down for defending her, so I'm quite relieved I was actually right as it makes sticking my neck out for her worthwhile.

I actually seem to find Lommy rather innocent in most games, but this time that is not so which makes me wonder if there's a good reason for that. It wouldn't be the first time I've detected a Lommywolf.

Actually, it's not the vote for Nienna itself that I find suspicious, but the things you said at the end of the Day which led up to it.
Thinks she might have caught a Lommie wolf.

Quote:
I need to get ready to go out, so I might as well do this before I forget:

++Pitchwife
Votes Pitch. (Where did that come from?!)

Quote:
Well, you suggested it:
This was from Lommie, talking about a possible Brinn/Nienna pairing I think. (Sorry, had the post called up but closed the tab, so correct me if I'm wrong.)

Quote:
None of the top contenders were really that preferable to me. wilwa has completely slipped under my radar and I didn't feel one way or the other about her, so I didn't think it'd be appropriate to vote her. Sally I was feeling iffy about at the time; I did say I'd rather not vote her since I didn't have a strong reason for it and needed to look at her more closely, but I would vote her if it came between Nienna and Sally. If I'd seen Nienna's vote I'd probably have voted wilwa instead, but we obviously crossed. ToDay I'm feeling better about Sally; she's giving off innocent vibes now, though I seem to be going back and forth on her.
Felt iffy about me and is talking about the previous Day's voting.

Quote:
Sorry for my lack of participation again (as finals get closer, I'm afraid it's only going to get worse). It's late and I know I'll only have a little time tomorrow to post, so I won't be able to say much toDay.

So far, my opinion of Lommy has not changed. Shasta looks a little better toDay, but I'm still worried about him from past Days. Mac has bleeped up my radar a bit. This game he's been playing pretty smoothly; while he receives some attention it's not too much. There's something about his manner that reminds me of when he was a wolf in past games. I don't think I'll vote him toDay since most of my suspicion is gut feeling, which is not enough, but I do think it'd be wise to watch him more carefully. Perhaps Boro as well since he hasn't gotten much attention throughout the game, though I'm a little less worried about him.

It's a good point to bring up, as too often I've seen wolves react in this manner. If any of them are wolves, I'd imagine it's just one as I can't see both wolves reacting in the same way. Of course, these sort of reactions don't always necessarily mean one has to be guilty, but it certainly doesn't help that all three of them have happened to be on my suspicion list at one time or another.

Okay, I'm going to bed now as I'm already half-asleep and not thinking straight. And I have to get up early anyway.
Talking about wolf reactions. Says Shasta looks better and Boro's being passed over.

Quote:
You can't really predict how someone may act effort-wise as a wolf, as it can change each game depending on time, calculated style changes, etc. I don't see how Shasta's high activity makes him more innocent. Why do you think he would be more lazy as a wolf? That could be a very wild guess considering in all the games he's played, Shasta has only been a wolf like twice. One of which I was a wolf with him and I actually recall that he was fairly active, though perhaps my memory is mistaken since that was a long time ago. Anyway, I find it interesting that you use me as an example of a wolf who wastes a lot of energy on analyses considering I haven't made a single analysis and yet you still suspected me yesterDay.

Well, I wouldn't say it's quite suspicion...more like concern. But yes, I know it's vague, which is why I won't make anything of it toDay since I don't have time to look any further into why I'm feeling worried about you.

Also, perhaps my perception is different because I admittingly skim through most of the thread, so I probably miss a lot that others pick up on.

If we agree on something like that, then of course the wolves won't kill her as they can safely assume we'll take care of her for them if she's still alive in a couple Days. So I agree it's rather ridiculous to say that.
Says loud!Shasta isn't necessarily innocent!Shasta, then talks about Lottie again.

Quote:
I disagree. If they have the time, I'd think wolves would want to analyse more. Because with an analysis, they can build a better case against an innocent to get them lynched. Well reasoned votes after an analysis don't get questioned as much as a votes made without providing analysis first.

Are you talking about The Republic? I put a lot of effort into that one because I had to survive as a lone wolf for five Days and went to extreme measures to do so. But I also remember a game of Nogrod's where I spent literally all night analysing and by the end of the game had 70-something pages of handwritten notes. And what role was I? An ordo. But at the same time, I know I've also been a lazy wolf. Basically what I'm saying is that if anyone tries to figure me out based on my effort, they won't get anywhere because it frequently changes and mostly has to do with RL. It's also why I try to avoid suspecting/disregarding people for this reason, because surely I'm not the only one who is like this.

I have to run to class and won't be back, so time to go:

++Lommy

If you want reasons, just look through my posts from the past two Days. Sorry, but I really have to go now so I just don't have time to further explain here.
Says little, votes for Lommie.

Quote:
Well, I don't know if they were intentionally trying to frame me or at least I doubt that was their main motive for killing Mac. I don't think wolves often kill someone just to frame an innocent; if someone's framed, it's usually a bonus.

You thought you would be killed last Night? Really? After being fairly suspected yesterDay and wilwa turning out innocent? I'm not buying it.

Yeah, I'm pretty much convinced Lommy is a wolf and she can try to defend herself all she wants, but I highly doubt she could change my mind on this. I would really like to see Lommy lynched toDay because until I know for sure whether I'm right, I'm going to have a lot of trouble focusing on anyone else. Every post she makes seems to seep with evil juice and it's bothering me so much. And knowing her role would tell us so much. Gah, I just have to be right about this! *is attempting to channel Shasta's psychic abilities*

Nogrod is looking innocent to me. Not only because he also suspects Lommy, but partly because of him mentioning the effort he's put into analysing at Night only for it to be for nothing, and obviously a wolf wouldn't spend hours analysing someone they're planning to kill off. Of course he could be just lying, but his comments and frustration over it felt sincere to me.

So that attempted last minute bandwagon against me yesterDay I find very suspicious since many last minute bandwagons in the past involved a wolf. It's one reason why I'm surprised to find Mac Night killed, as his death obviously clears him. It's one of the many reasons I find Lommy suspicious; the way she casually said she could go for a Brinn lynch, but wasn't trying to push for it too much. Reminds me of something I've done as a wolf in previous games. Sally I think was the one who first suggested it, which makes her look quite bad. But I don't think she and Lommy are both wolves as I would imagine the final two would spread themselves out a little more. But if I'm wrong about Lommy then Sally needs to be seriously examined.
Dislikes Lommie, likes Nog and thinks I'm probably evil for suggesting lynching her.

Quote:
I agree with the whole fighting back part. Lommy feels like a cornered wolf to me and I swear I remember seeing her act this way before as a threatened wolf. Which is probably why I'm so convinced she is one this time.

If I'm somehow wrong about Lommy, I don't think that necessarily means Nogrod is guilty. At this stage, I don't really see why a wolfish Nogrod who has been under not much scrutiny himself would want to build this huge case against an innocent who could probably still get lynched without it.

I'm not sure a Borowolf would be so obvious in defending her if they were packmates. There's a good chance Lommy could be lynched toDay, and if they were wolves together, I'd imagine the smarter thing to do would be to go wolf on wolf. And I know Boro doesn't mind throwing fellow wolves under the bus, so why would he defend his mate if it'll only make him look worse?

I did say I have doubts that you and Sally are wolves together, so knowing your role could raise or lower my suspicions of her. That's only one example.

Nah. Your vote for wilwa only added fuel to an already burning fire. I've been suspecting you since the end of Day 3.
Thinks Lommie's most certainly a wolf, says Boro probably wouldn't be so transparent if he were lupine.

Quote:
But if it's between two people, I'd rather vote for the one I find more suspicious, which is you.

I admit it's possible my suspicion of you has blinded me from your defenses as I cannot see it coming from anything but an evil perspective. And I know it's annoying for someone to be stuck on one person (especially if you're the victim), but I'm not just going to let go because of the possibility I could be wrong. You've been this way before too. In the last game I modded, you insisted Mac was a wolf and wouldn't let go of it until he was lynched...and in the end, you were right. So while you still hate it, surely you can see where I'm coming from. If I'm wrong and you are innocent, then I apologise, though I won't feel too terrible since I didn't suspect you without good reason.

Nogrod makes an interesting point about Lottie's role, though I wouldn't be too quick to jump on her just because of what the role might've involved in the past. For one thing, the birthday dreamer role hasn't been used for a long time, before Legate's time too I think. His version of birthday dreamer could possibly be different than what it originally was. I just don't understand why she would reveal if this was so; maybe she didn't know the role already existed? I don't have time to figure this out, so I'll think about it more toMorrow when I actually have time.

I have class now, so I must vote now since I won't be back. No surprises here:

++Lommy
Votes Lommie again and talks of Lottie (again again again again again....you get the idea).

This seems too obvious to be set up by Lommie. It could be to frame her but I doubt it. Brinn left little trace really (other than her one-woman crusade against our little Finnish friend) and if you ask me I know how much of a quiet gifted Brinn can be so the wolves may have hoped she was the ranger. After all, now's the time to get rid of that particular gifted. Really it seems like a good no-trace kill (though it's a bit late in the game for those so I'm obviously not sure what the wolves were thinking) and a safe choice, possibly a gifted hunt.

I guess that explains why no one's put up something like this yet, eh?
Old 12-12-2009, 01:46 PM   #1099
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Alright. I checked with Legate, and if Boro's a wolf, I'll still get two shots because the sacrifice and the lynch happen virtually simultaneously.

My list is Bes, followed by Nogrod. If I die and Bes is a wolf, he will die with me and I can't help you with Nogrod. If I die and Nogrod is a wolf, Nogrod will die with me and Bes is a cleared innocent. If I die and have no wolves on my list, Bes will die with me and Nogrod will be a cleared innocent.

Good luck, village. Shasta out.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:48 PM   #1100
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I'm still not happy with just sacrificing Boro. Of course I also can't help but feel that's how he wants me to feel.

Either way....

++Shasta

Like I said, it'd be dumb for him to pretend at this point. I'll take the chance on his list.

Shasta, you should stick around if for no other reason that I'm lonely.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:54 PM   #1101
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

But I already made my dramatic exit...

Also, if the unthinkable happens and either Boro is not a wolf, first lynch whichever of Nogrod and Bes I don't kill. Then lynch Lommy.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:55 PM   #1102
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
But I already made my dramatic exit...

Also, if the unthinkable happens and either Boro is not a wolf, first lynch whichever of Nogrod and Bes I don't kill. Then lynch Lommy.
But I'm all alone....etc, etc. And I'd still rather sacrifice someone else. Dunno.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:57 PM   #1103
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
But I'm all alone....etc, etc. And I'd still rather sacrifice someone else. Dunno.
Can't, now. That's four sacrifice votes for Boro.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:59 PM   #1104
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Can't, now. That's four sacrifice votes for Boro.
Really? *does maths* Ah, so you're right. Actually it's five. Darn. *shrugs* Guess we'll find out then, eh?

++Sacrifice Boro (for lack of choice)
Old 12-12-2009, 02:01 PM   #1105
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

I want a parody, Sally. I've never gotten one and I think my sacrifice deserves one.

(Also, Nienna, if you're still reading this you should totally make me a word cloud. )
Old 12-12-2009, 02:02 PM   #1106
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I want a parody, Sally. I've never gotten one and I think my sacrifice deserves one.

(Also, Nienna, if you're still reading this you should totally make me a word cloud. )
For serious? I'm not even at home.

Oh, all right then. Tell me what song you want and I'll see what I can do.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:10 PM   #1107
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
For serious? I'm not even at home.

Oh, all right then. Tell me what song you want and I'll see what I can do.
"I'm Alive" from Next to Normal.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:11 PM   #1108
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
"I'm Alive" from Next to Normal.
You have got to be kidding me. I don't even know that song. *whimpers*

And where the heck is everyone? This is ridiculous.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:12 PM   #1109
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Okay... back and reading... (Sorry to be this late but the 'Downs was down during the afternoon and I've just come home again)
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 02:14 PM   #1110
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Okay... back and reading... (Sorry to be this late but the 'Downs was down during the afternoon and I've just come home again)
Heh. Hi, Nog. *waves*
Old 12-12-2009, 02:15 PM   #1111
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Finally! *glomps you* And I know. I was rather wondering if people just assumed it was still down or something.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:24 PM   #1112
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Okay. So you decided to go with the gamble then?

That's fine then.

++ sacrifice Boro

++ Shasta

I do think only sacrificing Boro would have been safer but let's see more of the cards then with the risk of an innocent dying. As long as there is someone as an option A I'm comfortable being the option B.

*Greeeets*
Old 12-12-2009, 02:27 PM   #1113
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Than, my sweet Finn. More than with the risk, yadda yadda. *clams up* Sorry, been surfing on facebook to alleviate the boredom and saw it just enough times to make me snap. (Really I don't mind that much, but I had to tease you.)
Old 12-12-2009, 02:29 PM   #1114
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Oh, and I nearly forgot.

*greeeeeeeeeeeeeeets baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack*

Old 12-12-2009, 02:45 PM   #1115
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Just for conversation's sake then - if those people who are going to vote have done that already...

So if we don't win toDay (meaning Boro and Bes are not the two wolves left), then who do you think could be the last one? I'm not using a plural here as I find it pretty unbelievable that neither of them is a wolf.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:47 PM   #1116
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Just for conversation's sake then - if those people who are going to vote have done that already...

So if we don't win toDay (meaning Boro and Bes are not the two wolves left), then who do you think could be the last one? I'm not using a plural here as I find it pretty unbelievable that neither of them is a wolf.
Quite frankly if one of them isn't I suspect one of them is you or your lovely daughter. Then again, the only people I do not suspect are myself (of course), Shasta, and at this point Boro. I think sacrificing him was a mistake, but there's no undoing it now so we simply must hope Shasta has his list right.

Who do you think?
Old 12-12-2009, 02:50 PM   #1117
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Then again, the only people I do not suspect are myself (of course), Shasta, and at this point Boro. I think sacrificing him was a mistake
Why would have an innocent Boro do that thing? Give me one reason.

Of others...
Old 12-12-2009, 02:52 PM   #1118
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Why would have an innocent Boro do that thing? Give me one reason.

Of others...
I don't know, but why would a wolf!Boro do it? I could see Boro doing it to ensure that we didn't sacrifice/lynch our ranger; other than that I don't know.

Erm, you ever going to answer the question?
Old 12-12-2009, 02:56 PM   #1119
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Sorry, first this... I can give you reason for a wolf-Boro to do that, but not an innocent one.

SO others...

I have suspected Lommy and given points on her but her voting record is pretty cool. Although it should be remembered that the wolves have acted quite erratically / oddly so far so that shouldn't white-wash her completely.

Morsul should really be looked at closely toMorrow.

With Nerwen my only problem is that sad reason called the wonder that she's still alive. No real suspicion on her (I for one don't have any) and she lives while perfectly decent (=easier) lynch-candidates have been killed by the wolves during the Nights.

I have a feeling you Sally might be an innocent.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:58 PM   #1120
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Wolf-Boro would have wished to deny us the chance of getting too many known innocents around.

Also Shasta's sacrifice kind of gives us a chance to win like immediately, but also denies us the possibility of both the hunter and the ranger to come forwards toMorrow thus giving us two known innocents from what, 4-5 people? (that I think depends)

That's why I thought just sacrificing Boro would have been better. But anyway. Let's see this through now.