The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-01-2003, 06:56 AM   #1
Iarhen
Wight

Iarhen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril ROTK question: does Arwen go to Lothlórien?

This question has been bugging me since last year, when we saw pictures of Galadriel and Arwen together at the Mirror Glade (you know, the one where Galadriel is touching her granddaughters shoulder, and Arwen is sitting beside the Mirror)...<P>Then the theatrical trailer, where Elrond says that he can no longer protect her daughter anymore...<P>And all those pictures of Arwen on a horse, walking in some woods that remind me of Lorien... And the one where Celeborn and Elrond are talking, in the same place where Celeborn and Galadriel first met with the Fellowhsip...<P>What do you think? Do you know anything? Will Galadriel be at Arwen's wedding????<BR>
Old 12-01-2003, 07:24 AM   #2
Iarhen
Wight

Sting

And, of course, theres this picture of her in Lórien:<BR> <A HREF="http://img-nex.theonering.net/images/scrapbook/1433.jpg" TARGET=_blank>http://img-nex.theonering.net/images/scrapbook/1433.jpg</A>
Old 12-01-2003, 07:58 AM   #3
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

The answer to your question can be found on the Q&A thread linked to from the spoiler thread below.
Old 12-01-2003, 09:32 AM   #4
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Essex has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Will Galadriel be at Arwen's wedding???? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm not looking at the spoilers anymore, so I don't know for sure, but when has a Grandmother ever missed her Granddaughter's wedding????!!!!!<P>ps jackson just put that line in the ee of fotr that galadriel says she won't meet aragorn again just to make the non readers think aragorn's gonna die. and the same for "the quest will claim his (frodo's) life"
Essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 08:13 PM   #5
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>ps jackson just put that line in the ee of fotr that galadriel says she won't meet aragorn again just to make the non readers think aragorn's gonna die. and the same for "the quest will claim his (frodo's) life" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Ah, what a great guy . If Galadriel <B>does</B> meet Aragorn again (which I'd guess she will), and if some viewers don't get the fact that she & Elrond where only talking about Frodo's 'spirit' being claimed (presumably), then that will make the Elves look like fools who should never have taken up future-telling. Not especially good...<p>[ 3:02 PM December 05, 2003: Message edited by: The Only Real Estel ]
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 08:35 PM   #6
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Boots

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> that will make the Elves look like fools who should never have taken up future-telling. Not especially good... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Indeed. So it follows that Galadriel is not mistaken.
Old 12-04-2003, 05:28 PM   #7
Silmiel of Imladris
Shade of Carn Dűm

Silmiel of Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Silmiel of Imladris
Sting

"Sigh" I am so confused on how PJ is going to explain all this in three hours when there is so much other stuff in there too. Thankfully I only have two weeks to wait before everything is cleared up.

Figwit on his name: Are you suggesting that I have the wit of a fig?
Silmiel of Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 01:55 PM   #8
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Indeed. So it follows that Galadriel is not mistaken.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>So you think that Galadriel will not be at the wedding, <B>Saucepan Man</B>?
Old 12-05-2003, 02:36 PM   #9
Iarhen
Wight

Sting

I read a spoilers page, and it seems that Galadriel will not be at the wedding (will only appear 2 times: in a vision to Frodo and in the Gray Havens). And thats it.<P><BR>Im really/extremely/totally mad/angered/depressed...
Old 12-05-2003, 02:55 PM   #10
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

It certainly sounds ridiculous that PJ putting in that 'We shall not meet again' line will cost Galadriel an appearance at the wedding. It's not like it's a <B>huge</B> part, but some things just should be left in.
Old 12-06-2003, 12:26 AM   #11
Kalimac
Candle of the Marshes

Kalimac has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Was she at the wedding in the book, though? I don't remember her being there, but maybe she was mentioned briefly.<P>Incidentally, I know of at least one grandmother who missed her granddaughter's wedding - my grandmother, it it was my wedding she missed! So don't think it can't happen .
Old 12-06-2003, 01:45 AM   #12
Jessy

Sting

Essex, did PJ put that in to suggest that Frodo is going to die so that there is more suspense. Or does "the quest will claim his life... you know this... you have seen it...", imply that Elrond had seen a vision of Frodo all wrapped up showing no signs of life after being attacked by Shelob?<p>[ 2:47 AM December 06, 2003: Message edited by: Jessy ]