The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-31-2003, 06:12 PM   #1
Gildor15
Pile O'Bones

Gildor15 has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye DVD rating...(rotk)

I've read that certain gory moments in the RotK movie may be left out (ex: catupulting of heads during the Battle on the Pelannor) so at can get buy with a PG-13 rating. I was wondering if they could put these scenes into the special edition DVD and keep the rating the same...if not, would it really hurt for the special edition DVD to have a R rating?<P>I would like to hear what some of you think.<BR>Thank you.
Old 05-31-2003, 06:43 PM   #2
dunadan_aragorn
Wight

dunadan_aragorn has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to dunadan_aragorn
Sting

I know if they rated rotk R, then there would be kids who have the previous movies that would not be able to get rotk.\<P>«*´¨)**************** <BR>** .·´ ¸.·*¨)** ¸.·*¨) <BR>* ( ¸.·´*** (¸.*´ ¸.·´ <BR>**************** `·-*Hannah
dunadan_aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 06:49 PM   #3
Arathiriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arathiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arathiriel
Silmaril

It's interesting but at some point there have been some sort of rumors about the other two LOTR movies being rated R when they are released on video -- it is also interesting that an R rating has not happened yet for either one!
Old 05-31-2003, 08:54 PM   #4
Trippo The Hippo
Wight

Location: somewhere with hippos that say jolly o and wear spectacles
Trippo The Hippo has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

I agree with Arathiriel. I have heard this for every movie and it has not happened yet. It really doesn't effect me either way though. I will own theatrical version, and the extened version no matter what the rating!
Old 05-31-2003, 09:20 PM   #5
Aragorn2002
Haunting Spirit

Aragorn2002 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Aragorn2002
I really hope it doesn't make an R rating. A while after I saw the second one I was staying at my aunt's house with my family watching some TV channle(Don't know what it was) and they did a review on TTT. But on that review that really baffled me was that they said that TTT was almost an R.
________
Love help forums

Last edited by Aragorn2002; 04-15-2011 at 03:23 AM.
Aragorn2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 11:34 PM   #6
Arathiriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arathiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arathiriel
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>But on that review that really baffled me was that they said that TTT was almost an R.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Uh huh - I wonder <B>how</B> these people think TTT was close to meritting an R rating? <P>I mean yeah sure it was violent but then so was FOTR - and the violence was nowhere near as graphic as they could have made it...<P><I>Just doesn't get SOME people!</I>
Old 06-01-2003, 09:14 AM   #7
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

New Line will not allow an R rating. I simply won't happen. If they have to tone down the violence to slip under the line, then they will. The rating was something they were very conscious of in Fellowship and Two Towers and they are just flying under the line. A little more spirting blood and they would have been R-rated. Listen to Jackson's commentary during the Amon Hen battle as he talks about this there.<P>Personally, I find the rating system bizarre. You can have all kinds of guns blasting and people dieing and if you make it cartoonish there's no problem, but heaven forbide you actually show real life consequences of violence let alone a boob or the f-word. A word, by the way, that you can hear repeatedly anytime you want if you care to hang around some middle-school students.<P>On to the flying heads. This does seem up PJ's ally, but whether they'll have it in or not is a tough call. When they rate movies, it's an accumulation of events that they are looking at and we all know there will be lots of other acts of violence besides this. To keep the movie from being R-rated, they may have to tone down the impact of the scene but, in my mind, if the scene is not horrific it becomes trivial and gratutous and I would rather not have it in there at all in that case.<P>But anyway to repeat, the movie will not be R-rated. It ain't gonna happen.<P>H.C.