The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-10-2003, 05:30 PM   #41
arianrod
Wight

Location: Wandering Hobbiton, smiling at the hobbits & trying to sell them vacuum cleaners
arianrod has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arianrod
Shield

I try not to think about it. I do other things to occupy my mind, hoping I'll get my thoughts off the <B>189</B> days I have left to wait. It never works, but at least I try. <P>I come on to forums like this and discuss aspects on the books, or read discussions and try and understand the complex thinking of it all. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I read a lot of LOTR fanfics and I write a lot of them as well as it is the only way to survive the wait in a sane manner!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Here, here, Arathiriel, I know exactly how you feel; I do the same. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I spend most of the time curled up in a corner rocking back and forth repeating quotes from the book, thinking how strange the movie would sound backwards... ahhhh! the suspence is killing me!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I've always thought if I played the movie backwards, it'd sound like chipmunks corresponding in a complicated plan to destroy the squirrels and TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! How about you?<P>When I'm in public, I like to walk around and quote Boromir and Denethor to random people on the streets, telling them "It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust," and to "Go now, and and die in what way seems best to you!" That's always entertaining.<P>Despite all these distracting activites, I still find my eyes wandering to the clock on my desktop that counts down the seconds till the release (189 days, 06 hours, 30 minutes, and 30 seconds for Central US time). I have gotten some good ideas of how to kill the time on here though. But what's this "Real life" everyone keeps talking about? It sure sounds like fun...
arianrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 05:42 PM   #42
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>But what's this "Real life" everyone keeps talking about? It sure sounds like fun...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>It's not, trust me. <P><B>Where is the RotK preview?!?!?!?!?!</B>
Old 06-10-2003, 05:54 PM   #43
Kates Frodo Temp
Wight

Kates Frodo Temp has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

I'm surviving by reading, reading, reading! There's so much I want to know! Oh, yeah, and participating in a few BD events. Am I wrong, or have most of you guys only seen the movie? People who see the LOTR movies but haven't read the books have NO IDEA what they're missing. I would be insane by now w/out my copy of The Silmarillion!

Sign my lighter, Meela?
Kates Frodo Temp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 05:57 PM   #44
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

I would assume a lot of us have read the books, as this is a Tolkien forum. I'm reading the Silmarillion for the first time, which should help me through the time wait, and I love it.<P>~Menelien
Old 06-10-2003, 06:26 PM   #45
arianrod
Wight

Location: Wandering Hobbiton, smiling at the hobbits & trying to sell them vacuum cleaners
arianrod has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arianrod
Shield

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Am I wrong, or have most of you guys only seen the movie?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The fact that we've read the books is one of the things that makes this wait so hard; we know how amazingly wonderful (or, Eru forbid, amazingly disappointing) the movie can turn out to be.
arianrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 06:59 AM   #46
Mordor_Queen
Haunting Spirit

Mordor_Queen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

i read the books again and again and spend time on websites looking for updates...
Old 06-12-2003, 10:42 AM   #47
Lucinda
Animated Skeleton

Lucinda has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Hey, Everdawn, could you get your cat to teac mine to speak elvish? That would be umm, interesting. <BR> I attempt to educate a) My Dad (hopeless), b) my stepmother (better than my Dad) c) my friends (with varied results. and of course, visit the BD's and read spoilers.
Old 06-20-2003, 04:42 PM   #48
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dūm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Sting

Stand the wait? Who says that I can stand the wait??? *rocks back in forth in white padded room*
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 05:13 PM   #49
Beren87
Master of the Secret Fire

Beren87 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Beren87 Send a message via Yahoo to Beren87
Sting

I just come here to stand the Tolkien fevor-related wait. That, and assembling my next hobbit-costume to wear to the midnight showing.<P>Plus, there are plenty of other good books and even movies to see in the mean-time. I try to expand my knowledge on everything, not just Tolkien.
Beren87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 06:05 PM   #50
Olorin
Wight

Olorin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Olorin
Pipe

I read the books and spend time at the Downs.
Old 07-19-2003, 09:14 PM   #51
Kiah
Animated Skeleton

Kiah has just left Hobbiton.
Question

I stand the wait by watching Japanese Anime and The Matrix. (and POTC now..)