The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-31-2003, 05:13 PM   #1
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

the real findorfin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to the real findorfin Send a message via AIM to the real findorfin
Sting Short-changed elves

I love the way Haldir and Co. come to Helm's Deep to help the Rohirrim and what do they do. Put them on the Deeping Wall, while Theoden and his soldiers stay in the keep - Hornburg - itself. Thats gratitude for you!!
Old 01-31-2003, 05:18 PM   #2
Deiagorn
Pile O'Bones

Deiagorn has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Deiagorn Send a message via AIM to Deiagorn
Sting

Hmmnn, its a good moment, and so well done that its a sigh of relief for us all!<BR>Otherwise, myeh, I got over it. How many were those arches?
Old 01-31-2003, 06:24 PM   #3
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

Oooh goody! You guys <I>liked</I> when the elves came to Helms Deep. I did too!! I was gaping at the screen the whole time with my mouth open and everything! It was SPECTACULAR!! Yea ... I loved the symphonic music and the amazed Rohanians(??) and the whole majesty of the event. But then they started falling off the wall in the Battle and I was like "Hurry! If you run now you can make it back to Lothlorien!" It was disturbing. The elves got low-credit in this movie production <P>But the Elves entrance into Helms Deep was spectacular!!
Old 01-31-2003, 06:40 PM   #4
Deiagorn
Pile O'Bones

Deiagorn has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Deiagorn Send a message via AIM to Deiagorn
Sting

LOL, no, elves shouldnt die. They are suppose to be indestructable, and the greatest source of good in the world.<BR>I like the way they were in perfect formation and didnt look right or left.<P>But... Haldir was from Lorien, right? Or am I wrong?<BR>Yet, when he enters he says he sends word from Rivendel... hmmmnn
Old 01-31-2003, 06:41 PM   #5
dunadan_aragorn
Wight

dunadan_aragorn has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to dunadan_aragorn
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I was like "Hurry! If you run now you can make it back to Lothlorien <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I know! I loved the scene. I thought it was awesome. Go elves!
dunadan_aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 06:46 PM   #6
Vardamar
Haunting Spirit

Vardamar has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I also loved how the elves came to helms deep, but what I dont understand is that if the orc are going to kill everyone, why do those women hide in the caves I mean the least they can do is throw their frying pans and use their rollingpins as clubs
Old 01-31-2003, 10:41 PM   #7
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I am very bitter about the elves at helms deep, they are not supposed to be there! Oh well, I am calm, I am calm.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> why do those women hide in the caves <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Why do women always get left out of war? Besides, it worked didn't it? The Women and children were all still safe at the end of the movie.
Old 02-01-2003, 12:55 AM   #8
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

To discuss the role of the women at Helm's Deep, please go to the <A HREF="http://forum.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=001804" TARGET=_blank>don't break a nail</A> thread.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 03:11 AM   #9
PigsnieLite
Pile O'Bones

PigsnieLite has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The elves arriving at Helms Deep wuz the highlight of the film for me. (That & the Smeagol scenes.) The sudden joy of Legolas & Aragorn (especially the hug), the tough professional & spectacular appearance of the elves (capes! helmets! Wooo!), Haldirs speech about the alliance & then, that wonderful Lorien march that accompanied them!<P>Which made it that much sadder when Haldir got Orked. Sniffles.
Old 02-01-2003, 11:04 AM   #10
elf_Legolas
Pile O'Bones

elf_Legolas has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> But... Haldir was from Lorien, right? Or am I wrong?<BR>Yet, when he enters he says he sends word from Rivendel... hmmmnn <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>he is from Lorien but maybe elrond was the one that decided to send the elves to Helm's Deep so......................
Old 02-02-2003, 06:39 PM   #11
dunadan_aragorn
Wight

dunadan_aragorn has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to dunadan_aragorn
Sting

I absolutly ADORED that scene. My dad didn't like it, but hey, he read it (actuallty it was read to him) when he was tiny (stone age )
dunadan_aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 12:41 AM   #12
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It was totally not correct to Tolkien's orginal masterpeice, but it was kind of cool. I loved their outfits, and I especially loved how all the elves looked so organized, unlike the soldiers of Rohan. Though I wish they still had not brought the elves to Helm's Deep, they were not supposed to be there.
Old 02-03-2003, 04:59 PM   #13
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Sting

Yes, that was by far my favorite part of the movie, and I almost cry every time I see Haldir die. But just as info about the battle: when you go to see it again, listen closely to the music as Legolas skates down the stairs on a shield. Back to the Future. Hmmm...
Old 02-03-2003, 06:46 PM   #14
Evenstar1069
Pile O'Bones

Evenstar1069 has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I was mad that PJ changed the the Helms Deep scene and made the elves come. When I get past the not correctness of it though, it was very nicely done.
Old 02-06-2003, 06:00 AM   #15
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

the real findorfin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to the real findorfin Send a message via AIM to the real findorfin
Sting

I love the banners they carry into Hornburg. They remind of the Elven armies in Silmarillion. All majestic and beautiful.