The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-17-2003, 07:36 PM   #1
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Sting Planning on bringing your tissues to RotK?

I was just reading the "saddest part" thread and it got me thinking on what you think will make you cry and or move you in the RotK movie? These are part that I might get emotionall over:<P>~When we think Frodo dies.<BR>~When Sam finds Frodo.<BR>~When Sam has to give up his pans.<BR>~When Gollum falls into the Cracks of Doom<P>What will be the sadest part for you?
Old 01-17-2003, 07:43 PM   #2
VercingetoriX

Sting

Well...if they are in the movie....<BR>~The deaths of the dunedian and the valiant defenders of gondor, esp the ones who came from lossarnach and ringlo vale etc.<BR>~The decaying faces of once fair elves, defiled by thier resting among orcs.<BR>~Theoden's fall<BR>~The hewn heads of the men that fell on the Rammas<BR>~The hopeless battle at the gate.
Old 01-17-2003, 08:27 PM   #3
The Human Of Our Time
Pile O'Bones

The Human Of Our Time has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

Definetly when poor, poor Sméagol falls into the Cracks of Doom. At least he'll finally have his precious...
The Human Of Our Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 09:40 PM   #4
dunadan_aragorn
Wight

dunadan_aragorn has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to dunadan_aragorn
Sting

If they have Merry befriending Theoden I WILL cry when Theoden dies. I cry at that point almost every time I read the book! It is just so sad!
dunadan_aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 09:48 PM   #5
Fingo
Haunting Spirit

Fingo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Fingo
Sting

~If the Scouring is missing, I WILL cry. <BR>~When Sam and Rosie get married<BR>~When we think Frodo is dead<BR>~Frodo's speech before he leaves Middle Earth. The one about how despite all his effort to destroy the Ring and then returning to the Shire, he can't enjoy it because he is burdened. I BAWL every time I read that part in the books. *sniffle*<BR>~When we think Pippin has died. I almost did in TTT.<BR>~Theoden's death<P>Geez.<P>I better start stocking up on tissues now.
Old 01-17-2003, 10:19 PM   #6
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> If the Scouring is missing, I WILL cry. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Fingo, better take your tissues ...
Old 01-17-2003, 11:02 PM   #7
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yeah, they have already said many times that the Scouring is not there so be prepared. <P>If they do ROTK correctly, more in keeping with the book, then I will cry. There is just so much stuff in the story that I have been waiting so long to see on screen, I can't wait
Old 01-18-2003, 02:33 AM   #8
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Beruthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

hmm.... There are loads of times I will cry if they do it right<BR>-When Sam thinks Frodo is dead<BR>-When Theoden dies and (if) Merry says 'Like a father you were to me, for a little while'<BR>-When Frodo and Sam think they're going to die on Mount doom<BR>-When Frodo leaves at the grey havens<BR>-When Sam says 'Well, I'm back'<BR>-and also when Arwen and Elrond have to say goodbye to each other
Old 01-18-2003, 08:46 PM   #9
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

I'll be crying so hard at Denethor's pyre. Also when Sam and Frodo are trekking through Mordor. And of course... the ending. Or the epilogue.
Ithaeliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 09:08 PM   #10
Manwe Sulimo
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manwe Sulimo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Manwe Sulimo
Pipe

~Gríma's death (I always liked him).<BR>~Théoden's death.<BR>~The end.<P>I don't suppose I get all that emotional, now that I think about it. Or at least, not to the point of shedding tears that much.
Old 01-18-2003, 09:16 PM   #11
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Frodo's speech before he leaves Middle Earth. The one about how despite all his effort to destroy the Ring and then returning to the Shire, he can't enjoy it because he is burdened. I BAWL every time I read that part in the books. *sniffle*<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Fingo, I agree 100% with this one. In my mind this is the most important scene for PJ to get right. This, paired with Sam returning back to his family, is what people should have at the top of their minds when they leave the movie. It should be very bitter-sweet. <P>H.C.
Old 01-18-2003, 09:44 PM   #12
Lindril Arvilya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In a box at the end of Harrison Ford's street, with a pair of binoculars
Lindril Arvilya has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

I'm gonna cry just because it's over. What'll I do Christmas of 2004? I've made it a tradition... twice is a tradition, sure it is...<BR>My boyfriend and I go on New Year's Eve and then hang out and discuss. He'd better come over early on the eve of 2005.... I have plans to watch the whole trilogy. Course... he doesn't know that yet.
Old 01-18-2003, 10:54 PM   #13
mollecon
Wight

mollecon has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I think the saddest part <I>will</I> be when Frodo (& not the least Gandalf!) leaves Middle Earth for good - & I think that will be in RotK.
mollecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 05:44 PM   #14
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Considering I cried throughout the entirety of The Two Towers all three times I saw it, I will definitely cry during Return of the King. I now also cry all throughout Fellowship of the Ring...I know: I'm weird. And I really cry whenever Haldir comes on.<P>What parts will I begin to sob hysterically in the same manner I cried when Haldir died in The Two Towers for? Well:<BR>~If they kill off any more major characters<BR>~When Saruman dies (even though he's evil, I love Christopher Lee so much)<BR>~When Aragorn marries Arwen<BR>~When Eowyn falls in love with Faramir/marries him<BR>~When Sam gets married<BR>~When Frodo leaves Middle Earth<P>I don't know where else. I'll have to just go and see!
Old 01-19-2003, 06:17 PM   #15
Vardadurwen
Wight

Vardadurwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

There are definitely going to be many times when I'll feel like bursting into tears during the movies, just because I find the whole series so far to be very...emotional, at least to me! <P>When Frodo leaves ME will probably the point where I break down and start sobbing. Usually I can contain myself pretty well with only shedding a few tears, but that'll be too much for me to handle!<P>Also:<P>*When Sam thinks Frodo is dead<BR>*When Sam throws away his pans<BR>*When Gimli and Legolas go off together<BR>*When Sam returns home<P>I'm sure there will be a lot more times when I'll feel like crying away, especially if they include any more of those passionate speechs! And I find myself getting very emotional whenever Gandalf returns or is reunited with anybody...I guess I always feel that he helps everyone so much that it must be such a relief to see him again and so hard to see him go when he does.

'Now there's an eye-opener and no mistake!' - Samwise Gamgee
Vardadurwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 06:56 PM   #16
Eruantalon
Wight

Eruantalon has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eruantalon
Sting

There are a few that will have me straining to keep off tears.<P><BR>1)When Sam says goodbye to Frodo at the Gray Havens.Just the thought of seeing your best friend leave on a boat.To be left wondering if you'll ever see them again.Also the end of the 3rd age where Elves are no longer a part of the world.<P>2)When Aragon dies and Arwen is left to go off to the former Lothlorien.Where she lies down where they made there promises to each orther.Where she finaly dies,alone and restless from the world<P>3)Seeing the ending credits.Just the tought that the whole thing is over.The whole experince.The movies you love and are so excited to go see.No more big screen beauty.Just DVDs and the pleasure you got from going out to see the latest instalment of the story.<P><BR>Those will be the saddest moments for me.
Eruantalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 07:49 PM   #17
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dûm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Sting

My eyes will probably water when Sam offers to bring the Ring to Mt. Doom since it's so heavy and Frodo gets all possessive like in TTT, when Gollum falls in the Cracks of Doom, when Sam has to get rid of his cooking gear, and when Arwen and Aragorn and Eowyn and Faramir get married. <BR>I'll probably break down and cry hysterically if they show Sam taking Sting and the Ring, when Merry is with Theoden when he dies, when Legolas and Gimli sail away, and definitely absolutely when Frodo goes to the Grey Havens and has to say good-bye to Merry, Pippin, and Sam
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote