The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-11-2003, 08:51 AM   #1
Frwek
Pile O'Bones

Frwek has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Frwek Send a message via AIM to Frwek
Question If u had the chance to be Peter Jackson

hi...<BR> just wanna know ur opinions..if u really had a chance to direct LOTR movie..any scenes u would like to change? or add any other scenes u might think it would make the movie even more better? Most importantly....would u change the story? maybesome parts? oh yea...what about the actor and actors? think of anyone that u think they might have a chance of doing a better job then the present actors? Well...i wouldn't want to change any of the present crew members...i think they are all awesome!!!esp PJ..<P>thanks~<P>~Elves are Cool =)~
Frwek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 10:15 AM   #2
elf_Legolas
Pile O'Bones

elf_Legolas has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I wouldn't of killed Haldir, might've had him injured badly, but not killed.
Old 01-12-2003, 10:50 AM   #3
Armani_Elf
Animated Skeleton

Armani_Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

that haldir wouldn't die. he would've ran into the keep JUST in time. <P>Make sure that EVERY song that was in the film goes to the soundtrack. EVERY BIT OF IT.<P>make sure i shower ALL the time. PJ looks terrible. I'm saying that on behalf of the Elves community <P>erm....cut down some aragorn/arwen scenes. Put Eowyn in some mail and slip her into the Rohirrim riders.<P>peace
Old 01-12-2003, 03:14 PM   #4
Deiagorn
Pile O'Bones

Deiagorn has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Deiagorn Send a message via AIM to Deiagorn
Sting

I would of included a Radagast scene otherwise unless you have read the books you'll find the whole "eagle rescuing Gandalf" thing ait wierd. Also I would of had the "Voice Of Saruman" in TTT.
Old 01-12-2003, 03:36 PM   #5
Nurdilion

Sting

If i was Peter Jackson i would'v read the books before i tried to make the movies? i guess that sounds a little harsh but, i show no mercy. I guess i've read the books so much that there's no way that any movie would completely satisfy me.
Old 01-12-2003, 04:11 PM   #6
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

I would have made Faramir no different from his character in the book! How dare PJ change such a powerful character into what he did for the movie. Shame! And the Ents deciding not to participate in the war and then attack Isengard anyway? What was the point of that? I wouldn't have changed everything so drastically from the book like he did.<P>I probably would have had more of Treebeard and Merry and Pippin with the Entwash and the Entdrought and such. I was looking forward to seeing the Ent community in the movie. <P>The cast was wonderful. Aragorn, Haldir, Theoden, Eowyn, Elrond, they were all great in TTT (and FOTR). The portrayel of the battle at Helms Deep was breathtaking as well.
Old 01-12-2003, 04:48 PM   #7
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie Send a message via AIM to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
1420!

I would have had it exactly word for word. No changes at all. I would do the best I could to portray something in the movie like it was in the book. If someone higher than me, like New Line, who was funding it forced em to make changes, I wouldn't. All or none. I would either quit or be fired, I wouldn't care.<P>Also, I would make it into 6 movies. One for each book. And I'd release it in the winter, and then the next in the summer then next in winter again....And I wouldn't have a soundtrack unless it was teh songs in the book. I feel soundtracks are sellouts. If the song isn't in the movie, it shouldn't be in the soundtrack.

-Willie
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 05:34 PM   #8
Vardadurwen
Wight

Vardadurwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well, how about having the Ents make the right decision the first time around! <P>I'd also leave out those romancey sequences between Arwen and Aragorn.<P>Definitly would have had a longer battle scene between Gandalf and the Balrog.<P>Wouldn't have made Gimli the Jar-Jar Binks of Lord of the Rings.<P>And ditch Liv Tyler.

'Now there's an eye-opener and no mistake!' - Samwise Gamgee
Vardadurwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 05:44 PM   #9
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I would choose not to be Peter Jackson, because his job looks way to stressful
Old 01-12-2003, 06:12 PM   #10
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

Thinking it over, I agree wholely with MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie. Well said!!
Old 01-12-2003, 09:52 PM   #11
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<A HREF="http://forum.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=001531" TARGET=_blank>Second-Guessing Peter Jackson: The Two Towers</A><P>This gets pretty in-depth, and I even give my own script for a new Faramir scene (or should I say an old one?) to replace Hurumir. (Note: if you don't get the Hurumir references, check "Annoying?")<P>~*~Orual~*~
Old 01-13-2003, 05:20 AM   #12
Dimannûnien
Animated Skeleton

Dimannûnien has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

I would definitely let the women show that they can fight, especially after the teaser with Eowyn trying some moves with the sword. She does, sfter all, comment that the women have had to learn to handle themselves. Perhaps in ROTK.........
Dimannûnien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 01:55 PM   #13
Daisy Brambleburr
Shade of Carn Dûm

Daisy Brambleburr has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I would have scrapped all the annoying Aragorn/Arwen scenes, made Fangorn a bit less squidgy looking, toned down the dwarf humor a little, made the wargs look like wolves, scrap Osgiliath and make Faramir more true to his character.
Old 07-20-2003, 02:23 PM   #14
Dimaldaeon
Wight

Dimaldaeon has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Dimaldaeon Send a message via AIM to Dimaldaeon
Sting

A massive rewriting of the TT script would certainly ensue. Also I would have the Rohirrim speak in Anglo Saxon, it's something I really wanted, and if anyone had a problem with that I have four words<BR>ELROND AND ARWEN SCENE (Crap of the utmost degree)

You're not drunk if you can still hold onto a blade of grass to stop yourself from falling off the face of the Earth
Dimaldaeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 07:34 PM   #15
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

If I were Peter Jackson, I would leave the full 'encounter with Haldir scene' in the extended version. They cut it down to just "the dwarf breathes so loud we could have shot him in the dark", but they could have gotten away with leaving the whole speech in, plus the extra scene upon the flet.<P>I would have given Eomer more theatrical screen time. He is brilliant but too little used for such a major character.<P>Everything else was just peachy. Although they could have reduced Arwen's interaction by a fraction. She was over-used for such a minor character, although everything they included involving her was perfect, especially the scene with Elrond telling her her fate. That was one of the main reasons I kept going back to see the film so many times, so I would hate to see it cut.