View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 09:07 AM   #602
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
The Eye

OK, for future reference, and for general interest, here are the anagrams that we Wolves spotted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhuna @ #26
The Royal Invader Girl strides in.
Royal invader girl = ordinary villager.

I didn’t get that one until quite late on, actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilp @ #30
Sign: Y'vana gill'd ro'er 'ir.

[Yavanna gilled rower here.]

Oh, The Saucepan Man from foreign lands, have you ever seen anything like my sign?
Y'vana gill'd ro'er 'ir = ordinary villager.

To which I replied:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man @ #39
Aye, I have seen its like before. But not in these parts. And ‘tis a helpful contribution to our e-moot.
e-moot = me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil @ #148
Sign: You by evil pinwheel
You by evil pinwheel = why believe you Nilp or why you believe Nilp.

Aiwendil caught that one. I missed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiwendil @ #154
Sign: Hoi! I wilt my pun
Hoi! I wilt my pun = I’m with you, Nilp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilp @ #156
Sign: Sorry, we're closed.
I have no idea if that meant anything. I couldn’t work it out, if it did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer @ #166
SIGN: You're making my head spin!
Which intentionally had no meaning

Well, those are all the ones that we caught. Were there any others?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelob
Also, would there be any interest in a list of what I referenced/used in my Death write ups?
Yes please, Shemod. (Did anyone else take to calling you Shemod, incidentally?)

I have kept a record of our Nightly Wolfish counsels, if anyone is interested. Unsurprisingly, given the nature of the three of us, they are rather long, so it would have to be edited highlights, which might take a while to compile. Would my fellow Wolves have any objection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garin
... and no one picked up the destined to be an Ordo remark he made.
Yes, I largely glossed over any suspicions raised about me, but I did have to think long and hard about how best to respond to that question of yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garin
I did find it hard to believe that the other wolves accepted their sacrifices, yet, when I'm a wolf I am more than willing to give my life to the pack … I see future wolves mimicking his strategy.
Well, as I said, we had more or less agreed that it was a strategy that was available to us, but one which was only to be used with extreme caution. I was only too aware, particularly when voting for Aiwendil, that (even if successful) it would extend the game and therefore require continued effort on my part. That said, it does do away with the tricky matter of how to approach an analysis of ones’ fellow Wolves. And, as noted previously, it looked quite likely that Eomer and Aiwendil would be lynched in any event on the Days that I voted for them. My one regret was saying, when I voted for Eomer, that the Eomer/spawn issue would carry on if not resolved, as Boro and Form both picked up on that when also voting for him.

And it is not that straightforward a strategy to execute. The timing is crucial, since the vote for the fellow Wolf has to be made at a time when it is decisive. If, for example, it is made at a time when the Wolf’s fate is already sealed, or all but sealed, it will not have the same effect. And it is capable of being spotted. Nilp’s votes for Aiwendil and Eomer were very unlikely to be Wolf-on-Wolf votes, as they were cast early in each Day, before general village opinion had really become apparent. Mine, on the other hand, followed some quite strong mutterings against each of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Saucie, your comment on Glirdan's tender flesh was one of the best wolf-gloats I've ever seen.
Why, thank you. Yes, I was rather proud of that one. Although I slightly pulled back from its implications, as I wanted to maintain some suspense until Shemod’s denouement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tar-ancalime
We did our best, but in retrospect I don't think there was a moment when they weren't in control.
Well, I would rather not have lost my comrades. And littlemanpoet’s disappearance threw us into a bit of spin, as he was looking good for that Day’s lynching. I spent most of that Saturday afternoon (when I should have been attending to the Saucepan Clan ) coming up with an alternative strategy. And, although it meant two innocents down in one Day, it did I think actually harm us, as Garin would most likely have been lynched the next Day instead of Eomer, giving us an extra Night’s kill.