View Single Post
Old 12-20-2002, 11:42 PM   #111
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie Send a message via AIM to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
1420!

Yeah you're sort of right Lush, but that's just the way we feel about the movie. Sorry about the language it's edited now, but I do have complete sovereigny over my language. Hopefully now you can take me serious. But I do not think it matters whether I personally know him or not. I'm just swearing at him in context of his job, not he himself.<P>I'm not saying that they have to read it, its just that they should have more respect for them since, after all, there would be no movie without the book. And they shouldn't take the movie as the bible of Tolkien. It is and should be the books. The movies are a lot more of PJ's vision of LotR, than it should be. Its fine if he wants to make a movie about it, but he should say its his version of it if he was going to change it that much. He said he was going to follow the books as closely as possible and he didn't. That's one reason I lost a lot of respect for him. I just hope when he chose well on putting RotK together because whether I will acknowledge him as a great director or not will depend on that.<P>They do have every right to enjoy it. I'm not angry at them for liking it. I'm just angry at those types that like the movies that I mentioned. I also have every right to be furious at those types though. Anyone can enjoy the movie but they should have some respect for the books.

-Willie
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie is offline   Reply With Quote