View Single Post
Old 04-26-2003, 01:16 AM   #10
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie Send a message via AIM to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
1420!

It was horrible, or as XPhial put it- <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> it was terrible. Truly, truly terrible. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>It was at that point in the movie where I wondered what in Middle-earth was PJ thinking? HC, you do give a valid ossible reason, but don't you think that PJ would have more sense than that? I mean, didn't he realize that this would deeply upset Faramir fans? I think that he went overboard with changes. The two biggest mistakes that PJ made were this and the elves at Helms Deep. Elves worked ok even though it was a bad decision, but this Faramir doesn't work well into the plot even if what HC is true.<P>The main thing that I didn't like about it is that it shows Frodo succumbing to the power of the ring. That does not happen until Frodo gets to the crack of Mt. Doom. So hobbits were supposed to be this amazing creature that could resist the power of the ring for an extensive period of time, but here the hobbit gives in at Osgiliath!

-Willie
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie is offline   Reply With Quote