View Single Post
Old 01-20-2003, 05:06 PM   #5
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie Send a message via AIM to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
1420!

Ok, here's what Aragorn says in the books
Quote:
'...Few now have the skill in healing to match such evil weapons. But I will do what I can.'
And then
Quote:
'...It has great virtues, but over such a wound as this its healing powers may be small.'
So I think a lot of it had to do with the type of wound as Raefindel said. And about the movie's lines, that was just another stupid idea of the script writers' and PJ. They really changed too much, for the worse, but I won't get started on that.

And the other big part of it, was that Aragorn was not king yet, as I said earlier. He might have done a better job if he was teh king, but besides that type of wound, they were outdoors, not in Gondor's 'hospital', Aragorn didn't ahve the tools necessary for operating on it. So, I think that in the movie, it was meant that they needed to get to Rivendell, which they should have said instead.

And if you want to know some more about kingsfoil, read A knife in the Dark, that chapter has some info.

And, please don't compare the books to the movies. You can if you want, and I'm not angry at you or anything, but it just doesn't work. If you don't believe me, you will sooner or later. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ January 20, 2003: Message edited by: MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie ]

-Willie
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie is offline   Reply With Quote