View Single Post
Old 02-26-2003, 05:57 PM   #44
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie Send a message via AIM to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
1420!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> So what you desire is a thread for slapping each other on the back, and nothing more? Where is the fun in that? Furthermore, where is the merit of such a discussion? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>It is not a mere thread of 'slapping each other on the back'. It is a thread where we discuss what we didn't like about the movie. We all generally agree that we didn't like parts of the movie, but just to talk about what those parts were helps ease the tension we have. By all of us agreeing we see that we are not the only ones angry and we see other parts that we didn't like that we ourselves didn't catch. It can be sort of like an anger-management thread. And we don't have to have a disagreement to have fun. Yes, disagreements are fun, but also, just discussing similar views can be fun. Lush, are you saying that you have to disagree to have fun in a conversation? I'm sure that you can find a discussion among your friends interesting even if you all agree with it.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I don't think the problem lies in disagreement, but in the way people choose to express it <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yes, but it can actually be both.<P>And, this is to everyone; you don't have to respond to every thread. It can be a hassle sometimes, but I think that you'd be better off replying in a general thread, or only replying to those which you think you can really add to the discussion. It is easier to respond to a general thread since you can widely express your views, but in a more specific thread, you are limited, and if you want to express your opinion in all those threads it will take a long time, and it might not even be worth it.

-Willie
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie is offline   Reply With Quote