View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 01:01 PM   #204
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
*cough cough wheeze* I'm sick today so chances are I'll probably only be making this one long post where I look at those who are still alive. And then I'll vote closer to deadline, but don't expect too much else out of me today.

Onto business:
Nerwen:
Day 1: Post 1: Starts out the day with a "go wolves" statement, that eventually becomes a topic of debate. She also comments like Lottie did on Boro possibly hinting to the wolves.
Post 2: Banter to begin with, but shifts to something more serious in regards to Boro hinting.
Quote:
Well, then: wolves and cobblers don't often jump straight in and start hinting away in the very first post of the game. So it probably wasn't a hint. But then again it might be. Or maybe not. Who knows?
She won't pin herself to a theory one way or the other.
Post 3: Banter
Post 4: Banter for part, but switching to another serious remark, poising the question to the village:
Quote:
We've got three unusual factors: two wolves, no Seer, and a tiny village. Would the wolves be able to ignore each other?
Post 5: Between her usual banter Nerwen does make the point that wouldn't wolves want to distance themselves early on since the village is so small and a trail would be easier to follow.
Quote:
What we should do is ask everyone what they'd do if they were wolves, and the ones who do the exact opposite are the actual wolves.
An interesting notion, but...
Post 6: Says she's getting a cobbler vibe from Lottie and that Pitch is creeping her out. Judging by the quotes she highlighted it seems her issue with Pitch is that Pitch doesn't appreciate the in-game banter she has been employing thus far.
Post 7: Banter
Post 8: Calls Lottie opportunistic because she feels Lottie is basing her statements on joke posts.
Post 9: Continues a defense of herself against Lottie's reasons for voting for her.
Post 10: More of the same
Post 11: Backs off her defense with Lottie to mention Pitch, Durelin, Wilwa, and Boro. She's not sure how she feels about Durelin, doesn't think Pitch looks right, and questions Wilwa and Boro's voting for one another. Though it looks more like she's suspicious of Wilwa.
Post 12: Comments on Glirdan's idea that her and Lottie are doing some wolf on wolf arguing. States she's defending herself as she sees fit.
Post 13: Says she'll vote Lottie or Wilwa.
Post 14: Votes Lottie
Post 15: Has the gut feeling Lottie is only the cobbler
Day 2: Post 1: Apologizes to Lottie for being right about Boro and because the village lynched her. Also mentions my idea that Wilwa is a wolf who daringly killed Boro in the night, says it's possible and that Wilwa's reasons for voting weren't good. Talks about Glirdan's vote for Lottie as well.
Post 2: Questions why suspicions came up about me. Questions Glirdan as to why he's adamant she's the cobbler and not Lottie (the conversation quoted is from Day 1). Says his accusations are "with the flow" and says Sally's are from lazy playing.
Post 3: Says she was Sally's top suspect until Nogrod and Durelin mentioned me and then comments how Sally voted me.
Post 4: Votes Sally, but says she's not liking Glirdan either.
Day 3: Post 1: Asks Sally why she switched back to Nerwen as her top suspect. Asks when Sally will commit to a suspicion rather than saying this person "feels evil".
Post 2: Responds to Isa about Sally and her accusations.
Conclusion:: Nerwen looked better to me on Day 1 than she did Day 2. She has lots of banter, but also raising questions that if they achieve no other end at least stir up conversation. The one thing I wonder about is her suggestion to ask "if you were a wolf what would you do? How would you act?" This seems like an exercise in futility because who would answer that honestly? On Day 2 though it looked to me like she was going to vote Glirdan, yet she voted Sally. Her case against both seems to revolve mostly around them being somewhat opportunistic.
Quote:
And in fact all his suspicions have that "going with the flow" look to them. Reminds me a lot of the way he played last game.

As for Sally herself– in that same post, all her suspicions are variants of "Just seems evil. Yeah." Which is, at best, very lazy playing.
Today she's sticking with Sally rather than looking at anyone else. Though she still has time too, but if her vote were to be cast now I'd be surprised and concerned if she voted for anyone other than Sally.
Also, Nerwen says the wolves would be distancing themselves from each other. If Nerwen is a wolf she's being careful to distance herself from plenty of players so as not to leave a trail.
Sally:
Day 1: Post 1: Banter
Post 2: Banter
Post 3: Banter, says she's going to look at things with a more critical eye.
Post 4: Banter
Post 5: Banter
Post 6: This is her epic post where Sally seemed to forget how to use the quote button. Says Boro looks fine. Says Wilwa looks to like "ra-ra village". Agrees with Glirdan that there's too much overanalyzing of Boro's "hint", but says there's nothing else going on.
Quote:
Yes, but at the same time the wolves may often hide by posing as cobblers. So looking for cobblerish behavior can in fact help us. Of course no two wolves are the same so we have to employ a variety of wolf-hunting strategies. *nods*
Probably the most helpful thing she had said so far. A lot of stuff in the post is vague statements like "it could be this way, unless of course it's not." She highlights this and that, but doesn't really give a solid opinion one way or the other.
Post 7: Apologizes for epic post of quotes.
Post 8: Nothing substantial
Post 9: Banter
Post 10: Banter
Post 11: Lists top suspects. Wilwa, Nerwen, and Durelin with details. Wilwa feels off, Nerwen has changed her playing style from what innocent Nerwen would do, and Durelin also seems off to her. Wilwa and Nerwen are her top suspects and Durelin falls into "not as guilty" pile. Lottie and Pitch are there also.
Post 12: Comments that there are six votes for six people
Post 13: Votes for Wilwa based on previous suspicions. Which were...? Wilwa seemed off to her.
Post 14: Banter
Day 2: Post 1: Says Pitch is thinking too much, Durelin is insane, Nogrod is probably innocent, Nerwen is acting like she has a role, Wilwa is still off, I'm both wolfish and maybe not wolfish at the same time, Izzy has nothing, and wants to give Glirdan more time to respond.
Quote:
Speaking of which, there's far too much discussion about Wilwa. If she's a wolf, fine, but she's not the only one, so let's diversify some more
Interesting...
Post 2: Says my post is wolfish, but maybe I'm not.
Post 3: Banter
Post 4: Says she'll vote me when, as Nerwen put it, before she was on the fence. Lists Wilwa and Nerwen as well.
Post 5: Votes for me
Day 3: Post 1: Banter
Post 2: Gives a list she made without use of the internet. Nerwen is guilty, Wilwa is likely guilty, needs to look harder at Durelin, doesn't say much about Izzy instead tells a story, Nogrod is most likely innocent, says I'm guilty if Nerwen isn't.
Quote:
Wilwa/Nerwen
Wilwa/Durelin (just a hunch and a gut, really, nothing to base it off of)
Kit/Izzy (would be good for a wolf like Kit to have a quiet partner)
Nog/Durelin (we would so be screwed, no joke)
Nog/Nerwen (ah, a crafty team indeed, and if Nog was a wolf it would make sense)
Nerwen/Izzy (again with the quiet partner, and I just sense a vibe thing between them)
Wilwa/Kit (very possible, though I’d need to investigate it more)
Durelin/Kit (an unlikely pairing, but lack of likelihood based on their behavior makes me think)
Sally/Fea (Clearly the evil ones. Let’s lynch them straightaway!)
Conclusion: I find it interesting Sally only acts on people who seem off, but doesn't provide any real evidence. I find it extremely bizarre she is pretty consistent in her stance against Wilwa, but doesn't like that at one point the village seemed focused on her. That waves a red flag in my face. Sally has been loud, but not exactly committed to her ideas. Rather she's vague which is a pretty easy way to hide.
Wilwa: Since I looked at Wilwa's Day 1 I will skip them and move into Day 2 and beyond.
Day 2: Post 1: Defends herself against Glirdan's accusation she did a 180 on Boro. Most of the post is a response to things Glirdan had said against her.
Post 2: Says/agrees wolves probably didn't kill Boro because they thought he was the cobbler.
Post 3: Says who looks good and admits she doesn't really have any suspects. Durelin and Nerwen confuse her and she says Glirdan looks the worst (she had pointed out some stuff in her first post of the day, so no surprise there.)
Post 4: Nothing
Post 5: votes Glirdan.
Day 3: Post 1: Comments that Sally is still going by feelings rather than evidence. She doesn't like how Sally says it for so many people (in the post she highlights where Sally has said it). Says she doesn't understand Durelin and Sally.
Post 2: Prepared to vote for Sally or possibly Durelin.
Post 3: Digs up some stuff on Durelin. Sally and Durelin seem to remain at the top of her list. Izzy and Nerwen give her no reading. Everyone else feels semi-good to her.
Conclusion: Since the Day 1 bantering is over and done with I feel better about Wilwa. I thought maybe she could be a wolf pair with Glirdan, but he's been proven innocent and her side of their Day 1 argument didn't look nearly as suspicious as his did. Right now, I'm not worried about her.
Isabel:
Day 1: Post 1: Banter
Post 2: Doesn't think Boro looks suspicious. Says joking and serious should balance each other out.
Post 3: Asks Lottie why Nerwen and Wilwa are her top suspects based on bantering.
Post 4: Asks why nerwen would proclaim herself as evil. Says this is a silly wolf move, but maybe not so silly for the cobbler.
Post 5: Continues to question Lottie.
Post 6: I'm not entirely sure of the context of this post and I don't feel like backtracking to figure it. (there I admit fully my laziness :P)
Post 7: Continued argument with Lottie.
Post 8: Votes Lottie.
Day 2: Post 1: Glad to see cobbler dead.
Post 2: "Recaps" argument Lottie and Nerwen had among other things.
Post 3: Nerwen held on to her vote to potentially finagle it. Says Nerwen gives her a bad gut feeling, doesn't like what Sally has said, says Wilwa is baiting Glirdan, says Pitch gave myself and Durelin free passes for our Lottie votes and that he was too confident Lottie was innocent, doesn't like Glirdan's bandwagon vote, doesn't see me as evil, and suspects Nogrod mostly for meta-game and thinks he's playing dirty in regards to her crossposting with Glirdan.
Post 4: Doesn't know what to feel about Durelin. Gut tells her mildly-evil
Post 5: Back and forth with Durelin.
Post 6: Votes Durelin on gut. (based on her reason could have voted anyone)
Day 3:Post 1: Doesn't like Sally's reasoning toward Nerwen.
Conclusion: Day 1 Izzy doesn't provide any real suspects. She questions Lottie a bit, but doesn't say if she really suspects her until her vote. Day 2 doesn't give much else either. She says anyone could be evil the way she's feeling, but to me she had more suspicions for Pitch or maybe even Nerwen, but not Durelin.

Ugh Nogrod and Durelin remain, but the thought of this continued analysis is killing me. So, I will return in an hour or so to finish those two and then list my top suspects.