View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #491
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
True. My point though is that we know Shasta was innocent, and I see no reason for an innocent to falsely claim to be Amandil. Like I said, that defeats the purpose of the role.
I really don't think anyone doubts that Shasta was Amandil. I put him as that in my list because I think it's pretty much agreed that that was the case. But since the Moddess said she wouldn't give any information about gifted roles then she didn't.

I think we can move on from this discussion (which isn't really a discussion, just the three of us agreeing), because it's pretty clear you're not going to be forced to retract your 'dream'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
But of course, if we use the "proven" standard, then Elendil can send a dream to anyone as he himself never dreams thus he cannot "know" anything.

(The intent is clear, of course. Just having fun.)
This is totally going to turn into a philosophical discussion, isn't it? Where's Noggie when you need to discuss epistemology?

edit: x-ed since my last