View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 09:29 PM   #202
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm going to look at Legate's posts...yes, before you ask, it was a random pick...plus I remembered he hadn't posts too much, and I was lazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
That's a good thing to point out, though of course it needs more than words to change it. Anyway, I guess let's see till more people post. The time has not probably yet come for most to post, and the darkness that creeps threateningly upon the shores of New England and strange omens above America's cities will rouse more of their inhabitants.

Statistically or not, let us note that it did happen in the several last games, statistic or not. Though I guess it is more of a matter of group mentality. And bad luck. Basically, it is too random to determine. Of course it is the matter for everybody to try to prevent that from happening.

That's probably the most substantial point this far, but on the other hand, well, what can we do on first Day. Let's see what happens in a few hours. This far, I don't have any particular feelings on anybody... it could be more interesting once people start to post more (cf. above).
So basic Day 1 first post. (I edited out the in-character fluff)

Quote:
SpM seems actually very nice and active. Okay, now "nice" can be seen as a derogatory term, but it's not how I mean it now. Supported by the fact that I haven't played with him for a long time, it's very likely that I won't be voting for him toDay at least.

Morsul (does that mean Black Wind? Wonderful, I guess it's fitting here) the Dark is new around here. (Morsul - the Mod of course never reveals or hints at the identity of the WWs. And that goes for everything. I.e. if the Mod posts that somebody found the dead body, somebody came running from behind a corner etc. it's no indication to the people's roles. All this work is for us, the narrations are only narrations. The important information is always only who was killed, what was his role, or other things that might have happened related to the real - not narrational - roles.)
Morsul does not seem any suspicious to me, he just needs to get into the game. For certain, anyway, I am not going to vote him on the first Day, as this is his first game.

Noggoth is more or less his usual self, maybe a bit more, how to say it, ruthless in his attempts to initiate some events in the game, but then, he speaks sensibly a lot and also, let's see what he posts now.

And so why didn't YOU [post suspicions] do that, Noggoth, since you were so keen on staring some actual debate?

I don't feel any suspicious about A Little Green Star-Shaped Stone, at least not this far.

Maybe one I feel rather uneasy about right now is Pitchwife. It is some things he says, and the general tone of his posting. But I would probably need to re-check what he said and also see if he posts more in the future.

I really like Craydon on first sight, the idea of asking people questions or stuff like that is very nice and shows that he means well with this village (ahem...). I am not sure if asking the question you suggested would be worth anything important, but anyway the thought itself is good and mainly, like I said, it's an indication of involvement rather than trying to flow with the stream, down to the mouths of the ocean where the worms feed on the dead bodies. Whatever.

wilwa tries to argue with Nog, or so to say, respond to him, well, I think I see her point, though it's hard to say if she is speaking genuinely or not. Not particularly suspicious or anything, but not any innocent-looking either.

Hakon at first pops in and does nothing - okay, I see, might be busy, but it will be nice to see more in the future, will ye, Hakon? *scary gaze* Oh but okay, he posts more later... but then...

Surely this is no reasoning here! And the mods often assign their roles randomly. And even if they didn't, they won't tell us. That would be unfair. It's called meta-game reasoning. We seem to be having too much of that around here this time already, thank you.
Anyway, I am a bit unnerved by Hakon, actually. And the reason for his vote is just plain... well, evil (okay, the word's meaning out of the context of this village). Though I still well remember how he was lynched last time innocent on Day 1... And I can imagine even an innocent Hakon to vote in such a, well, rude manner.

I do not have any particular feeling about Loslote.

Nerwen looks more or less okay, at least trying to do something.

I am slightly worried of Inzil, too. But nothing in particular.

Of course they won't, but that's the point. The reaction is the point, not the answer. It's a difference for somebody when he has to lie.

As for Lari, I actually don't see anything suspicious about her, and seems actually quite good to me (even with that SpM comment, which is something I can see as reasonable, not saying that I agree with it, but I can see an innocent posting that).

Of course Morsul's vote for Nienna has no real substance, but then why are you so overreacting, Nienna? You behave as if half of the village was after you.

Roa, looks Roa, but nothing special to base my thoughts on about her yet.

Kit also, nothing special, nothing suspicious this far.

Brinn - okay, what was THAT first post, some sort of madness. Okay, normal in this village, actually. Anyway, but as for the serious part, I can't get any proper read on her at least yet.

Okay, but is that it? I hope so. Anyway, I guess that's from me now, I will probably pop up yet before the DL, and then probably in the last instance around it to vote.
So, he suspects Pitchie and Nienna and the rest is fluffy nothings.

Quote:
Okay, but THAT screams "wolf" to me. Because really. I completely disagree with what Hakon did (and I said so), but then, if you try to think of it deeper... Would Hakon do such a thing as a Wolf? Or, is it any indication of his wolfishness? Also, like I said, I can well imagine even innocent Hakon being so "rude" and vote in the way he did. Also, what is the Wolves' purpose? It's to find a person whom the others suspect and vote for him/her as well, in order to hide in the crowd, or to find somebody to whom they can draw the suspicion of other villagers. But would what Hakon just did be a good opportunity to find a target for the village? I doubt it. I doubt Hakon-Wolf could have hoped for getting Inzil lynched by saying what he did. These were no reasons which would create a bandwagon.
But voting for Hakon at the moment when it seems that there is a good point to catch on, now that is what wilwa does. And that actually looks like a good start of a bandwagon, indeed! That's why it screams wolfy to me. And anyway, wilwa, if you are accusing Hakon of having bad logic and that he should be better, look at your own vote for him. "I don't like him" is about as bad logic as Hakon uses. No, really. You are either being hypocritical, or being a Wolf.

Not really, but one mistaken vote of one newbie? It can be seen where Morsul is coming from. My point is, had I been in Ni's place, I would have ignored his vote. It has no real substance behind it, so why should it worry me? Especially if Morsul realised that he cannot base his suspicions on things like that. Everything's all right, then. I got one vote, but happens (if he voted for me at the moment when I already have four votes and am at the risk of being lynched, then it would be something different). Of course it's possibly a shock at first, but then when you see the reasons and the background for it, it really isn't an issue. And I am saying this because I got the feeling about Ni that her reaction would not have been so different from mine when it comes to that.

That's a fair point too, though personally I am not worried by that in particular with wilwa. I think this could be perfectly innocent comment. (But I have different reasons for suspecting wilwa - cf. above.)
So he is comfortable with Hakon, despite his suspicious voting, but unhappy with wilwa, for the same reason. And he is mad at wilwa for being hypocritical...and criticizes Ni for being upset by Morsul's nonsense vote when he says he'd do the same.

Quote:
Okay, this is actually once again one moment where I am becoming unsure of Pitchwife. First, it looks slightly like... well, in his whole last post, he is basically stemming from things I said (or also Nogrod for that matter, etc.). It could be sort of like a Pitchwolf picking up some people of the more vocal sort and trying to make a good eye for himself by agreeing with them. Also, using their arguments as basis while expressing slight doubt would be a good cover for a Wolf in order not to need to make up any own reasons.
Secondly also, I don't think I have ever mentioned Nienna's reaction as being wolfish. In fact, indeed I have only expressed my wonder. (And now I take her explanation as acceptable.) So I wonder where this "wolfishness" came from, if it's supposed to have come from me, it could hint on some thought processes which perhaps read what they want to read (a Wolf wishing to read a suspicion being raised, so that he can continue on it)?
It may not be so, of course, and it can be interpretated in many ways. But it just again raises my awareness of Pitchwife.

EDIT: x-ed since Kitanna
I didn't get much from this one.

Quote:
Hmm, well, I don't really think so. Like I said, now I am calmed by her explanation. But okay, you may disagree - still though, I would like to know (perhaps later if you are not around now, then), why Nienna and not wilwa, as it seems to me that your level of suspicion of the both of them seems more or less the same. So, just something if you could do me a favor and elaborate on it a bit.

EDIT: x-ed with Kitanna
He's either backing out on his criticism of Ni like a wolf...or just accepting her reasoning like an ordo.

Quote:
What the

Okay, well. That's a very... interesting turn of events. Okay, well. I guess there is no way why you would lie to us at this stage. Eurgh. Brilliant. That means... that means, let's lynch SpM? *sigh* (Lommy is going to be happy, she said she pitied the fact that she won't play with SpM... now if he dies, that's perhaps less of a loss...)
Basic "Pitchie revealed as the Dreamer" response.

I skipped his vote count.

Quote:
Eurgh. I haven't thought of that, but that would be probably the most brave move I've ever seen, especially also as the Agent would not know who the WWs are. So I wouldn't be worried (but you scared me here for a bit).

Who was the one shouting "we'll get a WW toDay we will we will!"? Speaking of that, even if it is so, we should not lay down and be happy. There are more about. *goes to check the thread for SpM's reactions to people - the sooner, the better*
Still focusing on wilwa. Goes to analyze SPAM.

Quote:
I have skimmed through previous pages and things concerning SpM, then I returned rather to see if anybody posts or anything... anyway, I sort of reconsidered and I think, while we can read it, we can keep our thoughts for toMorrow... because we won't have time to discuss that now anyway, while the WWs will have time during the Night to discuss and prepare arguments, and if they'd know exactly what the questions are going to be, they can prepare better, so let's not give them ideas.

Nay, I think it was a clever thing to do. Really there were many people to vote and this could have ended very randomly, so good what you did.
Agrees with Pitchie about revealing.

Quote:
I agree - with both. (Or with all, respectively.) Well, let's see what toMorrow brings, and what we can consider.
Quote:
That's true, though they can sure think for themselves... anyway our Day is gone now, so probably let's just trust their judgement (and to the powers laid upon them by the Ones from the Outside).
Wants to leave the gifteds alone.

Quote:
Okay, let's see now. As for what happened, I would say the death of Greenie is very, very probably a no-track kill. Unless the WWs are really good in reading minds and it was there to intercept the Dreamer's dream, which I doubt, though.

Okay, fair enough, I see the point now. Does not call back watching you, but point taken...

As for SpM, though...

I think so too. Actually, as far as I can recall, it would really seem SpM-ish to me that he would mention one of his fellows, and that's about it. And he would not even need to suspect him, necessarily. I think he is usually not the type to do that, not that early anyway. So basically, what Roa said. Which, by the way, makes me think good of her, as it looks like genuine reasoning (unless they are culprits and are diverting our attention, of course, but I don't think so now).

As for the people SpM posted about. Loslote then is very likely clear for me. I don't know that much about Inzil, but I must confess I haven't been paying that much attention to him, so I may as well start to do it now and get a better picture of him anyway. As for Lari's interaction with SpM (especially such as on the second page), well, I must say I was slightly suspicious of Lari by the end of yesterDay, after looking at SpM's posts, but on the other hand, orchestrating a Wolf-on-Wolf suspicion on such a weird comment, like saying that SpM is an Agent... unless it would be a deliberate way of creating a "shield" to defend SpM in the future (the Wolves could then say "hey yes, he is suspicious, but he's likely just an Agent, so let's not waste a lynch on him"). But for some reason that sounds to me quite too much complicated plan, which I don't think the Wolves would pull so soon.

Oh, by the way. We have an Agent here. Let's not forget it. He could make a lot of mess. Just to keep it in mind.

Well, I am not sure if I will be around now, it's rather late here, though I will be certainly (or hope I will be) more active tomorrow, that is, in some ten hours... or maybe a bit more, not to be too optimistic. Or maybe I'll pop in yet now, and be around for a while.
Reminds us about the Agent. Uses really tangly reasoning about SPAM's posts. Nothing outstanding.

Quote:
Okay, after seeing this, well I had to calm down a bit before actually writing this post (and I suggest to everybody to do the same). Okay, after thinking about it a bit: I don't think that it was a wise thing to just reveal, Hakon. At least I didn't think of lynching you at all. But whatever. I must say, it seems like Hakon to do something like that, but it's slightly crazy. And confusing. Whatever.

Anyway, now certainly this is a thing people are going to react to, but, let me strongly emphasise now, let's not spend all Day on one thing. A pre-emptive warning, because I can already imagine it. Anyway, as for that, Priest or whatnot, I don't think I am going to vote for Hakon. It would be certainly very very nice, anyway, if Pitchwife can get another dream. With some better luck this time, and picking somebody whom the WWs won't target.

And as my thoughts are in a bit of a disarray now (understandable, also given the late hour), I may have yet a word or two even on the abovementioned issue, after I sleep on it a bit. So anyway, read you probably in several hours, fellow villagers.

"Slumber, watcher, till the Spheres/Six and twenty thousand years/Have revolv'd, and I return/To the spot where now I burn..."

*disappears Beyond the Wall of Sleep*
Is confused by Morsul. So was everyone.

Quote:
*returns promptly as even before closing the thread itself, some coruscations of demon light appeared in here*

EURGH!!! What is wrong with you people, has the Madness taken you all??? (Already???) Now come on!!! That can't be.

As for that matter, it at least eases my mind on something. Both Hakon and Morsul (or Pitchwife) cannot be Agents, and I don't think they would be an Agent and a Wolf or something like that. Or just a Wolf among all this madness, it sounds too... crazy. Or suicidal.

For that matter, I believe you forgot to list your First Night's dream for us. Therefore, I don't find your claim very reliable.

Unless... no, come on. Unless you folks made some totally weird conspiracy, like you and Hakon being two of the remaining Wolves, but that will be impossible to hold, as once the real Dreamer and Priest's roles would become known, you'd be done for. (By the way, do we have four WWs, right? If I understood the first narration correctly...)

Okay, whatever! I am going to sleep now!! Enough of this!!! Yet these creatures mock me and say that there is no city of Olathoe and that there is no land of Lomar aiiiieeeee... Azathoth have mercy! No more revelations, please...

Current thoughts. Pw: Dreamer. Morsul: bad, probably agent. Hakon: ok, for now...

I mean, it seems really unlikely to me that Pw and SpM would pull off such a trick only to buy the Wolves some time (they would basically expose themselves).

EDIT: x-ed with a few, okay, I will stay around for a while yet and see if Morsul posts anything or what... eurgh.
Is mad about Hakon and wilwa.

I think he's ordo. I might be wrong, but he doesn't come off as a wolf.

I've got to go now. I hope I'll be on before deadline...