View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 05:22 AM   #12
Lindale
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lindale has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Well, I would respectfully point out that Amon Amarth are not exactly black metal. Actually, I know this band quite well, and the bassist and founding member is the Lord of the Rings fan: he suggested the name and the others agreed that it had a nice ring to it.

Also: get.........cooler? Which alternative universe are you living in if you think making Tolkien references increases your 'cool'?
In a universe of emo kids, having references to Tolkien or other literary giants, no matter how remote or lousy, basically does.

Quote:
I don't know what Meyer is.
Stephanie Meyer. Author of "books" I cannot touch without losing self-respect.

Quote:
Burzum is recognisable, surely, to us all, from the inscription on the Ring of Sauron:

Ash nazg durbatulūk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulūk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

It's also the name of one of the most influential black metal projects. Try looking for some Burzum; though you said you don't like growling vocals... how about screams? If not, he does plenty of ambient work too.
Perhaps my boyfriend knows and even likes it (he likes growling songs). I'll look for it at the underground market, and if it turns out that I can make an exception to my growling-singer rule, I'll do the spoiled-brat route and ask my dad to get a cd.

Legal Madness.
Lindale is offline   Reply With Quote