View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 04:02 AM   #23
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay, having nothing to do, I made a reflection of the horrible (interpretate in whichever sense suits you) prophecy.

Interpretation follows:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
He was almost giddy as the night crept nearer. In pairs they come! he would repeat. Two to spill blood on the sacred ground! They bring terror and death.

Two traitors in the beginning.

Quote:
One night, a second and yea! a third, of this I know. But what follows! Two will follow, after the third night, great enemies!
First and second night normal course of action, after third night, two more traitors appear...

Quote:
Their war beats and tramples us, and brings about that dread circumstance: the pain of Wargs is here. Two amoral forces, to subvert all others. The twain will come,
...who seem to belong to a different team. I.e. two Wolf teams who "battle each other". Makes good sense for balance. (Four, yet also of course may go against each other...)

Quote:
at the behest of their following master, and his foe is at their heels. The pain of Wargs is the only certainty.
Now only this is very cryptic part. I don't know about you, but what I think of is a "master" on the side of the baddies (both?), and a "Hunter", or what? Master=Cobbler, as it was sometimes? Or will he join both the teams? Or something totally different? And WHEN? Or is it just some poetic babbling?

The first seems okay: two wolves now, two teams after Night 3. Or so I would read it. That would be reasonable for the game setting. The end is baffling. I say we don't bother, unless somebody has a good interpretation for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
But again the pairs, and again the pairs, who would come to bring murder…
This is also kind of weird. But I thought the "again" is supposed to stand against the former text, which wrote about the Gifteds, so it means no more than "there are two who will help you, but again (sic), there are the pairs (2+2 wolves)... Hmm... now seeing it, the second "again the pairs", unless it's poetic repetition, is really weird.

Okay, anyway, I wanted to clear this up also for myself. The two wolf teams seem probable. Do you think... do you actually think, I now got an idea, that the wolves wouldn't actually kill at all, but "mutate" the others to wolves too? That could make understandable the "pairs and again pairs" forming... I know, it's quite overstretching it, but I'm merely thinking aloud... although "blood spilled" would speak for kills... or then it could be to lynches... or, when a wolf targets a wolf to kill, only THEN the wolf will be killed... okay, nonsense. That'd be too much, and Eomer would've told us if it were to be THAT complicated. (Well, he may still do so in the Evening.) But I was merely thinking.

EDIT: Hm, this makes weird italics up there, but no idea how this can be fixed. Just ignore it then.

Anyway, I am probably going to let this for you here to chew now... and be back later. Where are all these Groins, Nogrods, Gaunts and all?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 10-07-2008 at 04:07 AM.
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote