View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 04:19 AM   #133
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
One more thing... It is a pleasure to read these Nightly discussions between you two Brinn and Macalaure. But you seem to be much more alive during the Nights than on Days... And that's the curse. And with this bunch of outlaws even more than with some other villages. This sleeping-curse was just too heavy on this village.
Well, I thought I contributed a fair amount during the Days, but when I think about it, I guess it wasn't all that much. But there were many factors following that:

1. Many things I discussed with Mac (Rikae's innocence, possible Gifteds) I could not discuss publicly during the Day without revealing. And talking about Gifteds in the presence of wolves is just silly. It's a different environment talking to an ally because you have nothing to hide. Also, I didn't want to reveal to much during the Day that might make the wolves see my connection to Mac.

2. Me being a little more than worried about getting myself killed early on. I know I haven't survived well in the past, and with someone else's life relying on mine, I was even more nervous. I guess after Day 3, I was a bit bolder...I think Rikae mentioned that somewhere...

3. Roleplaying. Don't get me wrong- I really loved roleplaying this time. It gave the game a unique touch, plus it worked well with the small number. But because of it I didn't post as much. I often reveal my opinions through lists and such...and we could only do a limited amount here. At Night, however, I didn't have to worry about roleplaying.

I hope that explains everything. Sorry if I wasn't as useful during the first Days as I could've been. People who know me well know I am a quiet person and not exactly bold; so careful is just what I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
And while the narration said that Beleg had to wake Turín up it seemed that Turín was a "sleeper" and thence a "quiet player" and that we should pay heed to it if we wished to lynch the quiets (which basically is the strategy I strongly back). Remember I had no idea who Turín was - like no one else but Beleg had. You can'ät blame me for not guessing it right now can you?
I didn't suspect you just because of that misinterpretation. But the fact that you kept bringing it up and seemed to use it as a basis for some of your arguments is what I found odd. I recall once thinking that perhaps as a wolf you hinted that Turin could be a sleeper because the other wolf was actually one and perhaps you were trying to draw villagers away from them. Perhaps you never meant it as anything significant; just a mere suggestion of a possibility...but for some reason it stood out to me. Anyways, I apologise if this explaining isn't exactly clear; I'm half-asleep right now...

Interesting reads, tgwbs. So, you were sort of onto me by Night 3.. And I find it funny to see how such little things can cause a missed-kill. I'll be sure to remember that next time and not judge it on who's reliable and who's not.

Oh, and congrats to Lhuna and tgwbs for their excellent wolf playing. They may have not won, but they both fooled us at one point or another, and to survive until Night 5 without any losses on their side is quite an accomplishment.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing more wolf PMs from Night 4 and 5, as well as hearing from Mithalwen and her nightly choices.