View Single Post
Old 03-05-2004, 04:50 PM   #190
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
I can hardly say that it was bad that the cast of LotR wasn't seated in the middle. That doesn't mean they're good, bad, or a nice shade of grey. Can you imagine the fights and quarrels that would happen if every cast in every movie that was nominated for Best Picture wanted to be seated in the aisle? It just doesn't really matter.

As for Billy Crystal's jokes getting old I have no idea why people say that. He said everybody in New Zealand has been thanked like what, three times? Let's face it: it's boring to hear people and more people getting thanked all the time. That was all he was referring to, more than likely. I think that as LotR continued to win, it became more apparent that each time they won, the audience would have to hear another long list of thank yous.

Not everybody likes LotR. Alot of people don't get they hype, whatever. LotR wasn't the only good movie I'm sure (I've never seen the others that were nominated), and I'm sure that there were people in the audience who thought other things deserved to win. And politics is very heavy in the Awards and I'm sure that LotR is not PC in some way or another...

Cheers!
Imladris

Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote