View Single Post
Old 02-25-2003, 12:21 AM   #35
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie Send a message via AIM to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
1420!

Well, after thinking this over, I really don't have that much too add. One thing though is about people comeing into threads geared in one direction and attempting to turn it in another, usually in the opposite direction. I am specifically talking about threads in the movie forum. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> think Willie should say sorry! He was mean to me... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well,I won't apologize because you thought of me as mean to you because I wasn't trying to, you just took it the wrong way (or were you joking in your post). I'll only apologize for going into your thread (TTT movie lovers club or something). When I did that, I realized that it shouldn't be done. But Durelin, you did the same thing in the letter to PJ thread, so I think that you should apologize, which you just did (I think that's what you were apologizing for, am I right?). Posts that shift the direction of the discussion completely or ones that attempt to are useless, as they have nothing at all to add to the discussion and more importantly to the intended discussion of the thread-starter. If someone starts a thread to clearly discuss the cons of a movie, and someone comes in and just say's it rocks, then is that adding to the discussion? No. I have told people to leave threads because they are doing this. I am not sorry for doing that and I believe I have no reason to apologize for doing so. Actually the only thing that I am sorry for is the person who started the thread, since the argument in one or two threads got it closed. But, I do think that people should not come in and try to shift the discussion like I have said above. And if someone tells them to leave for that reason, then I think they should leave. They should apologize, but they don't have to. They could actually just leave or start their own thread. I don't think that starting a new thread is a bad idea, even if it is out of spite. Because it gives a place for those with contradicting views of that thread to go to. Anyways, I think that people should leave the thread when they don't have anything to add. Or better yet, they shouldn't even come in the first place if they know they are not helping at all.<P>Well, that's it I guess. Although it would be nice if what we were aiming for would happen, but I honestly believe that, sadly, it never will. It will probably get better but there's always someone that will keep this from happening, intentional or not.

-Willie
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie is offline   Reply With Quote