Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2003, 10:55 PM   #121
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nuranar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nuranar
Sting

Nuranar reporting for duty, sir! (Er, that is, Maika ma'am!)

I've sketched out what I want to cover in Calnan's post (it'll be a long one) but haven't been able to get to it today. Studying for two tests will do it to you. But I hope to have it up tomorrow.

Also, when will you write the posts wherein most Gondorians flee Umbar? Calnan's going to resign and that interview with his boss needs to take place after their decision to leave but before they actually depart.

Carrying on,
Nuranar
Old 11-11-2003, 10:51 AM   #122
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

Nuranar: I know what you mean, I've got a fancy load of essays and projects I should probably get to. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] If it would easier for you, you may go ahead and put their departure in your own post. If you'd rather not, I'll put something up whenever you want me to so that it works with your post. Sound good? We've pretty much covered all that was set down time-wise so we can add on a few fantasy days to our RPG in which chaos gets worse and the Gondorians flee. Whatever works is good! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

-Maikafanawen

[ November 11, 2003: Message edited by: maikafanawen ]
Old 11-11-2003, 09:48 PM   #123
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I've got my post up. Any comments?

I'd appreciate it if you could put in a few "chaos days" for the Gondorians to get the wind up. I'm envisioning Calnan tendering his resignation when Secretary Ciryatan announces the ambassador is leaving and he's going with him. So do whatever you think; I can work with it. You could even edit it in if that'd be easier.

Wordily,
Nuranar (I'm a little played out [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img])
Old 11-12-2003, 07:16 PM   #124
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

Nuranar: That was a splendid post. Absolutely flawless. I commend you!

Now, here's what we've done. We have fabricated a Middle-Earth Tortuga. Chaos only lasts a day or two before the most wicked and determined usurpers take control. The common bandits are having a field day don't y' know and Doran is positively elated.

Good job Aman, except the three men really need to get to Adeline. God knows what the girl is doing right now amidst this disaster. They need to go see that she and her mother are safe. Adeline will then go with Devon, Callath, and Calnan when they visit the embassy and Devon tries to get his father to take back the laws. (He cannot convince him not to pass them, because they were passed immediately. Remember Doran took quick care of that. But they can yet be annulled if Devon can convince his father—which of course, he can't—but that's what Callath is saying they've got to try to do right now, that's what he's looking at anyways). I sort of expected Calnan to come up with something like that. Good one Callath! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

So, Gondorians, what say you that we come to Adeline's rescue? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I might be able to post tonight, but if not, Brinniel, feel free to do so and take us to the embassy, securing Adeline's mother first. Otherwise I'll post soon.

Arvedui: Get Telson somewhere where he can find the group of young men (and lady). You could have him going to the embassy or whatever you deem appropriate. Mayhap Telson should know of Doran to save us the trouble of Devon etc. having to convince him? I don't know, we'll see.

This is starting to roll!

-Maikafanawen [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2003, 02:22 PM   #125
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Its all good, I'll go and edit now - 'pologies for the confusion, it just seemed more in keeping with the...rush. 'Tis all good anyway.

EDIT: Ca va? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ November 13, 2003: Message edited by: Amanaduial the archer ]
Old 11-13-2003, 11:37 PM   #126
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

Earendil Halfelven has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Alright, I've posted. Sorry that it took awhile. A bunch of mess has been going on and today I took the ASVAB test for the army. But now I'm rolling! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Acacia: check your pm's.
Old 11-14-2003, 01:09 PM   #127
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Brilliant post [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Ooh, heating up now *rubs hands together delightedly*
Old 11-15-2003, 04:29 PM   #128
Arien
Shade of Carn Dūm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Question

Here is the secondary character bio for Russ as I will be using him alot.

Name: Russ

Gender/ Race: Corsair Male

Appearance: Russ is tall and stands at a height of around 5ft 11. He has straight dark black hair that falls to his shoulders, which is sometimes loosely tied back. A black moustaches covers his upper lip, however his face is free from any other facial hair. His eyes are grey and normally have an air of weariness about them. He is well built and very handsome, nevertheless he does not appear to be attached to anyone.

He wears a white shirt, with a plunged neckline and plain black trousers with light leather boots.

Personality/ History: Very secretive and protective of what he holds close to him. He often finds new people highly suspicious and sometimes he finds people he knows doubtful as well. He would rather not trust anybody; just to be on the safe side. He is however caring for all that which he prizes and even if these are only few things. Strangely he does trust Acacia, she does not know why but suspects it was because they were somewhat of an item before the restoration of Umbar began.

Russ runs the central ‘hire’ area for hit men ect. He has various patrons such as Acacia and Jythralo. It’s a very successful business, and Russ also experiments with poison making and selling in his spare time.

He, like Acacia, was a born and bred Corsair. He was already present on Jythralo’s ship when she joined. He learnt to fight at a young age and was taught by his father. Unusually both of his parents are still alive and they live in Umbar, they cared not for the Corsair lifestyle in their old age and so left him to fend for himself when the restoration of Umbar began.
Old 11-15-2003, 07:10 PM   #129
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

Earendil: Awesome post! Very nicely done. I'm glad you put a few of the laws up there. Very holocausty wouldn't you say? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Excellent.

I put up a post that got us to Adeline's house but I think it would be best if Brinniel did the next part since it is her character's house and all. If you can't do it soon, though, we'll just put in a save and then whoever wants to can take the four of them to the embassy.

Arien: Are you going to write for the stalker? You sort of just left your post open with that man wandering around. That's another thing, Acacia got the names you never said how she knew what they looked like. Was that part of the man's job: to find out who they were by their names and then find them? We can assume it was. Hopefully, he won't be too successful though eh? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Has anyone seen Master and Commander? It's absolutely fantastic! I saw it last night and I am so ready for the high-seas adventure in Part II!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I've seen only a few movies just as good. Absolutely fantastic.

-Maikafanawen
Old 11-15-2003, 10:29 PM   #130
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Sting

Hey,

Can Jurex be of any use to the Corsair cause at this time? I know that Jythralo is disappointed with him, but he DOES knows that Jurex is one of his best men...

Let me know when my assistance is needed.

(BTW Great post Earendil!)

Himaran
Old 11-16-2003, 01:57 PM   #131
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

Himaran: There are two imperative things Jurex needs to be doing. First of all, he needs to visit Hessa. This is extremely important to Menelien's character!!!! Also, Earendil included this in his last post:
Quote:
He had sent Jurex on his mission to talk to the corsair population into revolting.
So you could take care of that asap as well. Thanks!

Everyone, please take another look here so we all know where we are:

Quote:
OUTLINE:

Act II

*Devon & 3 friends go to the embassy where Mr. Thrann is working to enforce harsh laws against the Corsairs who are being v rebellious and wreaking havoc. Devon tries to tell him that it was Jythralo but he doesn’t believe him and tells him to leave him alone.
*Ally #4 rushes in to see the Ambassador. He tries to help but no one will listen to him b/c he's a foreigner and because their too worried about their own safety.
*Devon introduces himself and his friends and tells Ally #4 about Jythralo Doran. Ally #4 has heard of him and agrees to help and tells them that they need to do some spying. Ally #3 volunteers.

Act III
*She will get into Jythralo's office and look through the papers and things in his desk. She finds the map of The Bay and copies it, taking it back to Devon.
*One of the corsair antagonists has seen her and they kidnap her. Jythralo leaves a note for Devon, letting him know that he has Adeline. The motive behind this is to get the man to follow him so he will not be able to convince anyone of Jythralo's identity.
*Outraged, Devon swears to rescue her and the four men decide to find a captain, ship, and crew!

Act IV

*We meet Ally #5
*It takes some convincing to get him off his lazy butt and back on a ship with crew but he does finally.
*Devon also needs to come up with money to help pay the crew.
*Then they're on their way to The Bay. [This will be a lot more detailed once we get to it]

PART I . . . . .
And finally, Arvedui, Brinniel, and GaladrielOTO, please check your PMs.

Any questions? Comments? Concerns?

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
-Maikafanawen

[ November 16, 2003: Message edited by: maikafanawen ]
Old 11-16-2003, 05:48 PM   #132
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Just a note: I'm still here and ready to post when needed, despite my lack of activity for the last ten days. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

-Menelien
Old 11-16-2003, 06:06 PM   #133
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

Sting

Hmmm, does anyone object to having Jurex kill some more Gondorians? Maybe he can murder a few of the city guards. That would be nice... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] eh, Himaran?
Old 11-16-2003, 06:51 PM   #134
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

My apologies to everyone. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I've come down with the flu and have been unable to do much of anything for the past several days. I'm still very sick and unable to do any posting, but I decided it'd be best if I let everyone know where I've been. I'll read all the latest posts and write my own once I'm feeling better and am caught up with my schoolwork.
Old 11-16-2003, 08:08 PM   #135
Arvedui III
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arvedui III has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arvedui III
Shield

Herm, sorry Brinniel about your flu, the rest of my family's suffering through it right now and I'm kinda nerviously awaiting my turn.

Sorry all for not being around lately. I am still here, just maybe not all that together. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Anyways, I posted and Telson's heading to the Abassador's, where he'll be promptly snubed and then meet Devon and his friends. Hope that works.
Arvedui
Old 11-18-2003, 05:25 PM   #136
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

Quote:
Hmmm, does anyone object to having Jurex kill some more Gondorians? Maybe he can murder a few of the city guards. That would be nice... eh, Himaran?
Hmm, that's an idea, Earendil, what do you think of having a few men (If Jurex wants to lead them AFTER he visits Hessa) and break into some Gondorian-held arsenals. Doran's men might do well to being sending more supplies to The Bay by way of smaller messenger ships. And maybe as they were doing this they did have to fight some guards and suppose some guards did get killed. As long as it looks organized --and for some other purpose than killing-- I think that would do more to discourage the Gondorian civilians and scare them more than it might unite them. What say you to that?

Let me point out that the arbitrary murder of innocent Gondorians would be a bad idea because that is running the risk of uniting the Gondorians against the corsairs. It also might give the Gondorians the idea of killing corsairs, and as heartless as some of us are making the pirates out to be (:rolleyes [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img], I'm sure they'd mourn the losses of their own brethren.

Let's consider the corsairs' community for a minute. (Like the Wreckers of Scotland who survived on pillaging ship wrecks. Or cannibals whose ways are loathsome but second nature.) The corsairs are men, human. They feel love and compassion just as they feel hate and greed. For the sake of a fun and untraditional RPG, let's throw away the concept that the corsairs are solely killing machines or lumbering thieves and let's work to bring out their true human side. I wanted to try something different from the Good vs. Evil plot. So let's give it a go.

Thank you for checking in those of you whom I PMed. Brinniel I hope you feel better soon! Flus are no fun!

GaladrielOTO: I replied your PM.

-Maikafanawen

[ November 18, 2003: Message edited by: maikafanawen ]
Old 11-18-2003, 09:20 PM   #137
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

Sting

Is it just me or is there a little Gondorian bias within your posts, Devon Thrann!!!!!!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
So I guess Jythralo should start making plans to raid some armories? YES!!!!
Old 11-19-2003, 06:12 PM   #138
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

Quote:
Is it just me or is there a little Gondorian bias within your posts, Devon Thrann!!!!!!!!!
Earendil, duh. LoL That is the point. My character is Gondorian. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Did I misunderstand you or was that what you really meant to say ... I'm worrying, I am. How can you handle C-4s when you don't think straight? *shakes head and worries* [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Unfortunately there's no 'concerned' smiley. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I'm going out of town for Thanksgiving weekend Wednesday morning and'll be back either Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon. Just so's everyone knows.

-Maikafanawen

[ November 19, 2003: Message edited by: maikafanawen ]
Old 11-20-2003, 10:38 AM   #139
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Oh, that reminds me. As I already said several weeks ago, I'm leaving Friday morning and getting back Sunday afternoon. I'll be camping, so no, I won't be checking the threads.

I'll be home for Thanksgiving - technically leaving town - but I'll have Internet access there, so no worries.

Carry on!
Old 11-22-2003, 03:29 PM   #140
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

Sting

Quote:
I'm worrying, I am. How can you handle C-4s when you don't think straight?
Don' worry, Maika! I'm not a combat engineer after all. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] So I won't be handling explosives. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I'm a chemical operations specialist instead!!! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] I'm the guy on the front lines looking for those elusive WMD's. AND...I've been sworn into the army today!!! I'm attached to the 143rd Medical Detachment. I shipout to basic in august.

Anyways, I think we're waiting on Himaran to post about getting those corsairs to raid some armories and cause some more mischief, and especially to get the corsairs to want to rebel even more.
Old 11-22-2003, 05:38 PM   #141
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

Congratulations Earendil!! My brother says that's still cool. His words were: "Oh-hho," (in a low awed voice) "WMDs are baaaaaad." So you've got his approval on that! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Mine too actually! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Well, this isn't RPG stuff, so I'll save it for later. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Arvedui: I love your posts!!! I can't wait for when Telson's going to be really involved!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

When I posted I'd be out I meant that for next week, not this week. I got a bit disoriented I think.

I don't want to have to keep moving this along with my big long posts. Since it doesn't seem like Brinniel will be posting until she gets over her flu ( [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] ) and I don't know what Himaran's doing, if anyone wants to do whatever they're supposed to do for them, it's fine with me.

Aman Since you've got a little post started anyway as the last one up there, you could go ahead and make it longer, taking us to the embassy. If you don't want to, let me know and it won't be a problem for me to whip us over there. You, Nuranar, and I need to remember to keep Adeline in our posts until Brinniel gets back. Also, Check your PMs.

I'm going to check up again on Sunday evening and assess the progress we've made thus far. By then I'll be able to decide how much more time we should have to spend on Part I of the RPG. It's allready been a month and I'd like to be into Part II by AT LEAST Dec. 1st. And with Thanksgiving just before, it doesn't look half-plausible. We'll see though. There isn't much left to do.

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]-Maikafanawen
Old 11-22-2003, 10:06 PM   #142
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

Very sorry, I've been extremely busy with school and have fallen slightly behind.

Maika: I a bit confused about Jurex's business with Hessa. Actually, I'm not even quite sure who Hessa is (I didn't see any posts from Melenian).

As a side piece, I can have Jurex kill a few guards, and rally the corsairs (midnight meetings, bonfires, mugs of ale, and inspirational speeches emphasizing the return to normal corsair life).

If you can, just clear a few things up for me, and I'll get cracking on it!

Thanks, Himaran
Old 11-23-2003, 02:15 PM   #143
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Quote:
I a bit confused about Jurex's business with Hessa. Actually, I'm not even quite sure who Hessa is (I didn't see any posts from Melenian).
I'm here, I'm here. And yes, I've only got two posts up for her because there's nothing she can be doing at the moment. What do you mean by not knowing who she is, though? The bio is up if you've forgotten. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

-Menelien

[ November 23, 2003: Message edited by: GaladrieloftheOlden ]
Old 11-24-2003, 05:24 PM   #144
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

Himaran: If you would review the parts of the discussion thread you've missed, I’m sure your questions would be answered for you. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I think part of your confusion is the fact that you did not know Menelien and GaladrielOTO were the same people?

GaladrielOTO: That probably being the case I hope you don't mind, if I use GaladrielOTO instead of Menelien on the discussion thread since it's your user name and is identifiable with your posts. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] It's just convenient. Also, perhaps if you sent Himaran the questions you asked of me and the answers we worked out together he'd be better enlightened. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] LoL

Himaran: If you end up killing a few people in your raid fine, but try to avoid it. It's too barbaric IMO. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I haven't had time to check my pms or the rpg today what with last minute essays, projects, fencing tournaments, oh among other things! (I think my boyfriend's beginning to wonder if I’m doing all these things to avoid him—oh wait, I am! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] just kidding, I think, [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ) LoL. Anyways, what with the holidays coming up I should have time Wednesday morning for all this catching up to do. So ta ta for now!

Before I go though I want to say that ya'll are doing absopostivetutely brilliantly! Your posts are fantastic and the writing exceeds anything I've ever been involved in before. It just *tear* really chokes me up guys. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] LoL – lata!

-MaIkAfAnAwEn [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2003, 01:26 PM   #145
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

I believe I understand well enough, but I have one final question: Where exactly should Jurex send Hessa? Where will Doran and Acacia be?

Himaran
Old 11-26-2003, 01:33 PM   #146
Arien
Shade of Carn Dūm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Question

My post concerning what Acacia has found is up. She is now retuning to Jythralo’s.

Just to summarise, she has found out:

· Who his closest friends are.
· She knows who Calnan and Adeline are, but she does not know Callath’s name or WHO he is. She just knows him by appearemce alone.
· She knows they regularly go to that Inn (I can’t find the name of it….is their a name?)
· And that they sometimes go on the bay.
· And She knows where Adeline lives.

Doesn’t look much but its a lot more than what they did know.

Just to let you know. I am currently taking my Mock GCSE’s, so I will be busy revising, (last minute..). So even if I don’t post I am still here, just keeping up. If I do need to post I will put in a SAVE and try to fill it A.S.A.P.

[ 3:39 PM November 27, 2003: Message edited by: Arien ]
Old 11-26-2003, 01:39 PM   #147
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Ooh, good luck on your mocks, sweetie!

Hmm, doesn't know Callath's name...interesting...would be more interesting if I could think of a post where it would be sufficient...
Old 12-01-2003, 03:37 PM   #148
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

Himaran: Looks like Acacia is on her way to see Jythralo right now. If you get there a few moments after she does, you can address both Captain Doran and his first mate at the same time about Hessa. Sound good?

-Maikafanawen
Old 12-04-2003, 07:02 PM   #149
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

Sting

I know Treebeard said not to be hasty but nobody can post until Jurex gets his post up. This seems to be slacking along. I don't want to be pushy but there is a rule in the Shire saying that you need to post a few times a week, if my memory serves me. So...let's hop to it!

[ 8:03 PM December 04, 2003: Message edited by: Earendil Halfelven ]
Old 12-05-2003, 08:25 PM   #150
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

I will have Jurex send Hessa over to Jythralo's

Maika: Jurex is about to create complete chaos. With his forged "laws" and eloquent nature, he can easily bring about an uprising in the corsair population.

My question is - when that happens, can the extent of the uprising be on a high level?

For instance - Guards are attacked, and soon lock themselves in their barracks. The streets are deserted, except for corsair militants. The gate to the palace and political arena is shut and barred.

This is what would only seem realistic during true anarchy - does it fit in with your plot?

Himaran
Old 12-05-2003, 09:02 PM   #151
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

Either way, Jurex has given his speech. Let the good times of Anarchy roll!

Himaran (Sorry about the double post, it was quicker)
Old 12-05-2003, 10:35 PM   #152
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

That's fine Himaran, and yes we're going to take the anarchy to its high-level. Good job.

I've been gone for the past four days out with a violent flu and raging fever. I haven't completely recovered but I am well enough to get to the computer. I'll do what I can to get something up tonight or tomorrow morning. It's the best I can do, sorry.

But there is something I'm going to address.

In the proposal for this game, I asked the players to make sure that they could commit the time needed for play. I also stated that each character was important and indispensable to the game and that that consideration should also prompt a commitment to schedule adequate time for playing this game.

So saying, I want to ask all players to start posting twice a week at minimum to the game, starting the week of 12/07. More often is also acceptable if the spirit moves you.

Shire RPG rules state that if a game player has not posted in a two week period, then it becomes the Game Owner’s decision whether that player will continue in the game or have his character taken over by the game owner or some other player appointed by the owner. I will start watching this more closely, and will seriously consider having another player assume the character belonging to a reluctant poster. I really would like to avoid this, but I want to keep the game moving along at a good pace – it is my intention to have us on the ocean by Christmas time.

If you absolutely feel you cannot keep up the pace to post twice a week or even the barest minimum of once a week, then I would ask that you consider withdrawing from the game.

I hope we're all clear on that now and I look forward to more posting!

Thank you!
-Maikafanawen

[EDIT]: Okay, Post is up. We're ready for you to make your entrance Telson.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 12:16 AM December 06, 2003: Message edited by: maikafanawen ]
Old 12-06-2003, 02:57 PM   #153
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Well, I managed to crawl my way back to the computer. It took a while for me to recover from the flu, but I am better (let's just hope I don't relapse). I was actually planning to get caught up with everything during Thanksgiving break, but I found myself rather busy with arriving family and can you believe it- over 6 hours of homework. Grrr... [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] But I'm back now, and I don't intend to make a long absence like that again.

maika- Sorry that you got the flu as well. I know, it's terrible. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
I'm going to try my hardest to get as much posts as I can. I hate that I was absent so much this past month, and I'll try to make it up. The only week you may not see me at all is the 15th to the 20th. I just realized a moment ago how crazy that week will be for me and it'll be almost impossible for me to get on the computer.

Errr...perhaps I'll wait until Arvedui has posted...
Old 12-06-2003, 07:08 PM   #154
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

Brinniel, I would suggest that you post now and give Adeline's view on what's going on in Umbar and in the embassy. It's hard to include her in the posts because she hasn't been posted on very often and her demeanor, and relation with the other people is quite vague.

-Maikafanawen

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 8:09 PM December 06, 2003: Message edited by: maikafanawen ]
Old 12-07-2003, 04:37 PM   #155
Arvedui III
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arvedui III has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arvedui III
Shield

After a really...incredibly...ridiculously long post (which I do apologize for), Telson has made his entrance.

On with the game! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2003, 08:20 PM   #156
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

Earendil: Do you have any more work for Jurex to do? If so, he's on his way to your house, so given him orders if you can think of something.

Maika: Sorry about the lack of posts - I have been extremely busy on week days and have been away for the past four weekends. However, I will make time, and post on a regular basis from now on.
Old 12-08-2003, 10:42 AM   #157
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

My sincere apologies, Maika. (And thanks to Pio for her e-mail!) I've tried to post just when my input was needed and forgot about the twice-a-week requirement.

It'll be finals for the next week and a half, but it's not too bad this semester and I sha'n't fall off the edge of the world. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2003, 06:56 PM   #158
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

All right, Nuranar, Aman, Brinniel, and ARvedui: We are ready to take on our fifth ally. We can carry on the conversation until we reach that point (how's by Friday?). And then Adeline will snoop out Doran's plans (is that okay?). Just remember that we don't know Doran intends to act by ship as well. As far as we know he wants to take Umbar completely by land.

Post-wise is everything all right? PM me if you would like changes concerning the portrayal of your character, it was a bit rushed.

Arvedui: I couldn't entirely adapt Telson's speech mannerisms and I wasn't sure how much info, if any, you wanted him to reveal so I sort of left it hanging. You can decide what comes out and what doesn't in your next post and ifyou want you can PM me with things ot add to my post.

Great work everyone!

-Maikafanawen
Old 12-10-2003, 04:56 AM   #159
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Sure, sounds good Maika. I won't be able to post on the RPG today and will be pretty hard pressed for time tomorrow, but I'll try to get a post in there.
Old 12-11-2003, 09:43 PM   #160
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

Sting

Arien and Himarancheck your pm's. got ourselves a new plan! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]