The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2020, 03:09 PM   #761
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Speaking for myself, it's because she came out as a possible wolf in my analysis regardless of Boro's role, the others have various problems (possible Shasta-seer situation, Ka is just too much of a scapegoat toDay and targeted by Boro), her role would shed light on Boro ... and it would be epic.
I look like I'm contraadicting myself .. people will think I'm evil!

Regardless of his role meaning whether he's good or evil, light on him meaning how seerish declaring her innocent was/looked.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 03:11 PM   #762
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
(Incidentally it just strikes me, it makes zero realistic sense to quarantine the sick together with the healthy, does it? Except if you hope we'll all develop herd immunity.)
Realistically you should isolate the sick and quarantine the potentially sick. Though in practice, that kind of is happening, since the Wolves can talk behind the scenes. It's like the truly infected have a separate room in the Hall.
Old 05-15-2020, 03:13 PM   #763
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
It's like the truly infected have a separate room in the Hall.
I just read that as a separate room in Hell.

Bedtime for me. See yous!
Old 05-15-2020, 03:16 PM   #764
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Go Shasta! And welcome, Ka!
If we do have ShastaSeer, he's set up Steve for tomorrow.
Old 05-15-2020, 03:19 PM   #765
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
(Incidentally it just strikes me, it makes zero realistic sense to quarantine the sick together with the healthy, does it? Except if you hope we'll all develop herd immunity.)
I actually thought about that when planning this one. But then I realized, there was no way of telling whether one is ill or not, at least with everyone - and you had no idea what that weird spell of Morgoth was either.

Add to that, it's a small village with little or no larger spaces that can be locked up.

So I thought it was decentish enough an idea to get over with and get the game rolling with a "Quarantine Thread" being able to play and take part in the Game itself.

But yes. I can list several inconsistencies in the narrative universe already, but let's not let them spoil a fun game.

Heh, I started to answer to this more or less tongue-in-cheek and now it reads like I'm making a serious defence of my game-mechanics...

So really no problem here, let's just have fun with this and believe in the make-believe.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 04:00 PM   #766
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
So really no problem here, let's just have fun with this and believe in the make-believe.
This is a world with talking swords, talking dogs, talking eagles, and talking trees. I won't stick at a bit of scientific inaccuracy,
Old 05-15-2020, 04:05 PM   #767
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I've been curious about how this thread has been working out and it seems chaotic and lovely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
These morons are all voting before us!
You can thank Lommy for that well-intended petition (really, it was well-intended). Now it's more social obligation.
It worked pretty nice some days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
But then again, hey. We are all in the same quarantine. You can join us toMorrow in voting Bri...

-or will you, huh? Will you???
Considering I've voted Brinn quite often in the GT in my 'own bubble', why would I stop now? It's almost a tradition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
This is a world with talking swords, talking dogs, talking eagles, and talking trees. I won't stick at a bit of scientific inaccuracy,
You forgot foxes with internal monologues, too.

Pitch, I feel kind of bad. I really did think you were the seer for awhile, but I went back and did the math and it's been twelve years since my last WW game so my information is antiquated on what makes a seer. Which helps the actual seer out a bit, apparently.

Anyways, just a heads up I will be driving the next three days so I will only be able to really respond over my phone and if there is available service. Apologies in advance, but I really don't know how some of you do this over your phone.

NogMod - Thank you for the well written send out!
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 12:34 AM   #768
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
I just read that as a separate room in Hell.
Oddly enough, so did I.

Welcome, Ka! Don't forget to clear your PM box so you don't miss out on where the real fun is.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 04:06 AM   #769
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
But yes. I can list several inconsistencies in the narrative universe already, but let's not let them spoil a fun game.

Heh, I started to answer to this more or less tongue-in-cheek and now it reads like I'm making a serious defence of my game-mechanics...

Oh, I didn't mean to criticise your game-setup! Game mechanics often make little realistic sense *cough* inventory management in videogames *cough*, and don't necessarily need to -- It was just something that came to my mind while I explained the game to my wife, a nurse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Ka View Post
Pitch, I feel kind of bad. I really did think you were the seer for awhile, but I went back and did the math and it's been twelve years since my last WW game so my information is antiquated on what makes a seer. Which helps the actual seer out a bit, apparently.
Don't! Both of us did our job, all is fine.
Old 05-16-2020, 05:26 AM   #770
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Anyways, just a heads up I will be driving the next three days so I will only be able to really respond over my phone and if there is available service. Apologies in advance, but I really don't know how some of you do this over your phone.
You and me both. I can read on my phone, obv, but posting with fancy highlights and quotes is beyond me.

Ka, your signature is Faroese, yes?
Old 05-16-2020, 05:28 AM   #771
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:

So really no problem here, let's just have fun with this and believe in the make-believe
Nogs, you are indeed a most accomplished Architect. Please don't feel you have to defend a thing, the game mechanics are brilliant.
Btw as a philosopher, what's your take on TGP?
Old 05-16-2020, 05:47 AM   #772
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Oh, I didn't mean to criticise your game-setup! Game mechanics often make little realistic sense *cough* inventory management in videogames *cough*, and don't necessarily need to -- It was just something that came to my mind while I explained the game to my wife, a nurse.
Makes me wonder if my absence of comment on the game mechanics is further proof that I made the right choice to forsake a career path towards Infectious Diseases...
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 06:05 AM   #773
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
what's your take on TGP?
Hard to say as I don't have Netflix (I still belong to the HBO-clan).

But I've heard positive comments on it from a few friends.
Old 05-16-2020, 06:24 AM   #774
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Quote:
Hard to say as I don't have Netflix (I still belong to the HBO-clan).

But I've heard positive comments on it from a few friends.
Ah so the Architect compliments will be lost on you. Never mind.
Old 05-16-2020, 09:52 AM   #775
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
You and me both. I can read on my phone, obv, but posting with fancy highlights and quotes is beyond me.

Ka, your signature is Faroese, yes?

As we speak, I'm in the car and on my phone (not driving, I promise. Just slowly making the other half curious about the Downs. He read one page of the GT and told me to tell everyone they're wolves. I told him he'd make a good cobbler...).

Yes, but unfortunately I don't speak it except some very basic phrases. It's from a Eivřr Pálsdóttir song, í tokuni.
Old 05-16-2020, 02:09 PM   #776
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

I ❤ Eivor. Saw her performing live some years ago and it blew me away
Old 05-16-2020, 02:57 PM   #777
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
She's really good.

I do recommend listening to her to anyone who hasn't heard of her yet.
Old 05-16-2020, 02:57 PM   #778
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

So which of the Seers is going to join us toDay? *drumroll*
Old 05-16-2020, 02:58 PM   #779
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
So which of the Seers is going to join us toDay? *drumroll*

Old 05-16-2020, 02:59 PM   #780
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Read the narration before rushing in to the end.

Old 05-16-2020, 03:02 PM   #781
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Welcome Shasta! Grab a bowl of popcorn and a beverage of your choice.
Old 05-16-2020, 03:03 PM   #782
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Welcome Shasta! Grab a bowl of popcorn and a beverage of your choice.
Didn't expect that!
Old 05-16-2020, 03:04 PM   #783
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Residents of the QT

Galadriel55 – Andróg, the Cobbler (voted into QT on Day1)

Rikae – Haldir, formerly healthy person (infected by the shady Infectors on Night2)

Huinesoron – Hareth, an Infector (voted into QT on Day2)

Kitanna – Huor, the Ranger (infected in the woods by the Infectors on Night3)

Sally – Túrin, the Hunter (voted into QT on Day3)

Macalaure – Grithnir, healthy person (dragged into the QT by the Hunter on Day3)

Legate of Amon Lanc – Asgon, healthy person (infected sneakily on Night4)

Lhunardawen – Sador, an Infector (voted into QT on Day4)

Lalaith – Rían, healthy person (overrun and infected by the Infectors on Night5)

Inziladun – Halmir, healthy person (voted into QT on Day5)

Pitchwife – Turin’s Nurse, healthy person (infected by the Infectors on Night6)

THE Ka – Indor, an Infector (voted into QT on Day6)

Shastanis Althreduin – Brandir, healthy little child (outrageously infected on Night7)
Old 05-16-2020, 03:06 PM   #784
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Good advice. Didn't help my brain going "there is NO WAY Shasta was the Innocent Child!" before realizing he's actually just Brandir, an innocent child with a lowercase.
Old 05-16-2020, 03:09 PM   #785
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Good advice. Didn't help my brain going "there is NO WAY Shasta was the Innocent Child!" before realizing he's actually just Brandir, an innocent child with a lowercase.
I was fairly convinced he was the Seer.
Old 05-16-2020, 03:11 PM   #786
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Welcome Shasta!
Old 05-16-2020, 03:12 PM   #787
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

And does this make Boro evil? Is there really room for more than one innocent-minded fake Seer?
Old 05-16-2020, 03:13 PM   #788
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Thirded! Welcome Shasta!
Old 05-16-2020, 03:13 PM   #789
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Didn't expect that!
Me neither. Sounless Boro has pulled a double bluff on us I guess it's Rune, or... or I've got no clue whatsoever.
I just had a horrible thought: What if Steve is innocent, but the wolves are killing off everyone who suspects him just to mess with us?
Old 05-16-2020, 03:18 PM   #790
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Well now you do have a bit of jealousy from me! That must've been wonderful to see.

Also, welcome Shasta! We don't have to vote for each other anymore.
Old 05-16-2020, 03:20 PM   #791
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:

By the way, that was some badass narration. All of them so far.
Old 05-16-2020, 03:24 PM   #792
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Who is the seer wta
Old 05-16-2020, 03:27 PM   #793
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Who is the seer wta
Phone typing?
Old 05-16-2020, 03:32 PM   #794
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

It's easier for me to say who the Seer isn't. Not to seem too egocentric, but it's difficult to imagine SeerKath, SeerGreenie, or SeerLommy not dreaming of me before my ousting.

Unless, of course, they just said "Eh, easy lynch. Why waste a dream?"

Last edited by Inziladun; 05-16-2020 at 03:41 PM.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 03:42 PM   #795
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Quote:
Phone typing?
I did type that all in caps...
Old 05-16-2020, 03:43 PM   #796
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Thumbs up

Quote:
By the way, that was some badass narration. All of them so far.
Abso-lute-ly
Old 05-16-2020, 03:45 PM   #797
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Just Lottie and Boro posting on GT so far? Are the wolves too busy wringing their hands?
Old 05-16-2020, 03:48 PM   #798
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Just Lottie and Boro posting on GT so far? Are the wolves too busy wringing their hands?
Unless Boro and Lottie are the wolves.
Old 05-16-2020, 04:00 PM   #799
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Unless Boro and Lottie are the wolves.
I won't call it impossible, but I feel all right about Lottie at least.
Old 05-16-2020, 04:00 PM   #800
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I've really been enjoying Nog's narrations. I keep looking for the reaction button to "like" them ... too much time on FB!

Anyway, yesterDay Lottie started looking very seerish and continues to now. Shasta, I get the feeling you saw it too, eh?

There has been some very successful seer-protecting in this game. If it was done by wolves, that would be amusing, but I don't think so. Anyway, I wouldn't like to be a wolf toDay, with the seer still around AND a potential known innocent in such a small village.

Just going to sit back and watch the fun.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote