The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
Kyranger
Wight

Kyranger has just left Hobbiton.
Production Video #4 from the set of THE HOBBIT

Check out the latest Production Video here. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...type=2&theater
Kyranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:05 PM   #2
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Thank you for sharing the link, interesting stuff!

Very strange that they have to add so much colour during shooting so that it looks natural in the end.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:07 PM   #3
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I'm not really a big 3-D movie fan. Other than making a mediocre movie, entertaining for about 2 hours. But movies like The Hobbit (or even Avatar) don't need 3-D as some sort of gag. Probably why I regret Del Toro leaving as the director, he said he wouldn't do a 3-D Hobbit.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:39 PM   #4
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I agree with Boro; I think that the 3D fuss is really unnecessary. But at least the spider webs look good! And I like the Mirkwood set in the grey-shooting-thing-whatevertheycalledit (it looks ridiculous in colour, but they showed a few seconds of it as it will be seen in the movie).
Old 11-11-2011, 02:55 PM   #5
Galadriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Galadriel has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I'm not really a big 3-D movie fan. Other than making a mediocre movie, entertaining for about 2 hours. But movies like The Hobbit (or even Avatar) don't need 3-D as some sort of gag. Probably why I regret Del Toro leaving as the director, he said he wouldn't do a 3-D Hobbit.
Agreed. 3-D is thoroughly overrated, and moreover makes my eyes hurt. I was a bit disappointed in the fourth video, since all they did was blab about the technicalities rather than what they're actually doing. Perhaps they haven't advanced so much in the film-making, and so decided to create a filler video. I did want PJ as director, since, while he is not so good at interpretation, he is excellent at execution. I can only hope he won't wreck it. They're adding so many (canonically non-existent) characters it's just not funny.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #6
battleaxe
Newly Deceased

battleaxe has just left Hobbiton.
i cant wait to see how they do Dain's army of Dwarves
battleaxe is offline   Reply With Quote