The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2003, 09:21 AM   #1
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Arwen Evenstar the Fair has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril It seems that...(rotk)

It seems that the 15 second ROTK trailer is a part of a longer one, I found some still pics from the trailer but there seem to be alot more scenes that I had never seen before in the trailer, I don't know maybe its just me. But you can check it out, here is the link to the stills. <A HREF="http://groups.msn.com/LordoftheRingsFairElvenLands/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message =7717" TARGET=_blank>http://groups.msn.com/LordoftheRingsFairElvenLands/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message =7717</A>
Old 05-29-2003, 10:30 AM   #2
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Those pics are all from this.<P><A HREF="http://img-nex.theonering.net/movies/rotk-e3-stream.mov" TARGET=_blank>http://img-nex.theonering.net/movies/rotk-e3-stream.mov</A><P>And the picture with the caption "who knows what this might be??", it's Grond, the battering ram that smashes in the gates of Minas Tirith. Looks pretty cool.<P>H.C.<P>H.C.
Old 05-29-2003, 11:37 AM   #3
Aratlithiel
Wight

Aratlithiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

H.C. - Is my computer just retarded or does that link not work?
Aratlithiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 12:00 PM   #4
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

I think it works, but it's a long download.<P>Try right clicking on it as selecting "save target as ..." to save it locally and then play it.<P>I'm not sure what you Mac-heads would have to do. <P>H.C.
Old 05-29-2003, 12:18 PM   #5
Faramir Fan
Haunting Spirit

Faramir Fan has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Actually One Ring took it off their site. New Line asked them to, because the quality was so bad,so all we have for the time being are the stills.
"A new character has come on the scene (I am sure I did not invent him, I did not even want him, though I like him, but there he came walking into the woods of Ithilien): Faramir, the brother of Boromir..." J.R.R. Tolkien, Letters No. 66
Faramir Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 12:19 PM   #6
Aratlithiel
Wight

Aratlithiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ah - you're my hero, H.C. Thanks! Worked like a charm.<P>Hardly any Frodo init (as usual) but that seems to be my lot with these movies.<P>Now, run over to the 'Spoiler' thread and answer my burning questions for me!!
Aratlithiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 12:48 PM   #7
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Actually One Ring took it off their site. New Line asked them to, because the quality was so bad,so all we have for the time being are the stills. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Thanks FaramirFan. That explains that. I hope I didn't do a bad reposting the link.<P>Editted to add: You know, I never noticed how obviously this is someone filming a screen using a palmcorder.<P>Oops.<P>H.C.<p>[ May 29, 2003: Message edited by: HCIsland ]
Old 05-29-2003, 02:13 PM   #8
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Looks pretty cool. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Sure does. At least it looks like a self-respecting Warg should, unlike those hyena-lemming hybrids in TTT. <P>Here is an even better picture of it from warofthering.net:<P>
Old 05-29-2003, 02:51 PM   #9
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Now that little pup certainly looked feisty!
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 07:36 PM   #10
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

I don't want to stir up old arguements from other threads as that horse has been pretty beaten into the ground, but I'm sure interested in seeing the documentary on the special edition TTT that traces the design stages of the Wargs. The above to me looks like a Warg, so they had it in them.<P>H.C.
Old 05-31-2003, 05:27 PM   #11
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Arwen Evenstar the Fair has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I hope thats not the only picture that showed up for you guys!?