The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2003, 02:23 PM   #321
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

Hi Helen and everyone! I'm back from a trip. My son went to state championships in Kennewick; he took 5th in state.

I start the floral job tomorrow and it is ,unfortunately, half school days all this week, just to make it tough. I'll be leaving the oldest in charge of his younger sisters for a few hours. (May as well try it, it is how it will eventually be.) I expect to enjoy floral design as much as I did when I was 20(gee, has it been that long?)

I haven't started the cloak-making yet. I have to get a few patterns first and they go on sale the 3rd. I should have time to do both- work and sew. When I get a few cloaks made and posted on e-bay I'll add a link to my signature.

Helen, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend! I had a friend who committed suicide and it was really hard to take because she wasn't sick or mentally ill or even abused- she was just different. She was a dwarf and felt she never fit in.
[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ March 24, 2003: Message edited by: Raefindel ]
Old 03-24-2003, 02:38 PM   #322
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

Rae, So good to hear from you! I'm very glad to hear about the state competitions.
Give the tumbler a high-five for me, and tell him I said he totally rocks.

Sad to hear that you lost a friend that way too... what's to say, besides ouch? What's to do?... I'll keep you in prayer. Call, PM, or email me if you need to talk.

I just printed out that coffee recipe. My friend and I are going to celebrate the destruction of the ring tomorrow nite... her idea. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Time to bake some Lembas. Hmm, maybe that seed-cake recipe?
How's this for ironic? I'm allergic to wheat, so I use a mix that involves corn instead. Guess what she's allergic to-- ... corn! Back to the drawing board.

Anyway, to celebrate, we were thinking of finding some chasm somewhere and dropping a ring into it. But there are no volcanoes that I knew of in New England. (I should have mailed you the ring, Rae, and you could have hiked up Mt. St. Helen's with a video camera and... nevermind.)

Maybe instead we should just haul out the guitars and sing about victory over darkness. We have one or two songs in stock that will do.
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ March 24, 2003: Message edited by: mark12_30 ]
Old 03-24-2003, 06:28 PM   #323
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Sting

Well, I was going to make a comment about a guy I saw leaning into the engine of a car but maybe that is inappropriate for this forum. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2003, 09:34 AM   #324
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Sting

It took me minutes to figure out what you meant and now I wish I hadn't. (Slaps hands over eyes) I think we'll do the singing instead.

I dug out the rules for mixing corn-free, wheat-free flour: (6 parts white rice flour to 2 potato starch flour to 1 tapioca flour, plus xanthan) and we'll try that with the lembas tonight. If it's good, we'll take some on the trails tomorrow.

[ March 25, 2003: Message edited by: mark12_30 ]
Old 03-25-2003, 06:37 PM   #325
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Thumbs up

I hope it works! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Have a fun hike!

Started the new job today; everything went well. In fact the owner seems quite pleased!

Oh! Forgot to tell you I finally read the first 9 chapters of "The Fairy Wife" Wow! Helen you're gifted! It's great! I read a novel a week and I know good writing when I read it, and YOURS is Great! I thought the Hobbit names were VERY CLEVER! No boring spots, Just enough description to keep the reader interested, It's perfect!

[ March 25, 2003: Message edited by: Raefindel ]
Old 03-26-2003, 08:38 AM   #326
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Sting

(Blush) [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Lembas report: The alternate flour mixture worked well enough. I forgot how much per frying pan, and they came out thicker than I'm used to, which bummed me out at first: but it turns out that "movie-thickness" (think Sam, "More Lembas Bread...") is fine, just different than cookie-thickness. So... I learned something.

We went most of the way up "Mount Tom" this morning. In Seattle terms, It's a glorified sand-dune. I think the elevation is over 400 feet. No, that's not a typo, I wasn't trying to say four thousand. I mean four hundred feet. This is Rhode Island, after all.

Personally I'm guessing that they named "Mount Tom" after a turkey. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

It was fun. And we each had a square of Lembas on the way. And I was even on time for work after that.

By the way, is anybody else kind of intrigued by the whole "Walk To Rivendell" thing? For those who walk or might like to, check it out.
Walk
challenge Since I'm walking anyway, I thought, "what the heck..."

Bottom line: Frodo was a serious walker! I'm developing a healthy new respect for the fellow, and his companions too.

[ March 26, 2003: Message edited by: mark12_30 ]
Old 03-26-2003, 12:03 PM   #327
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Wow, what a wonderful idea! Now that is something I could go for. I would definitely be a soft, slow going hobbit to begin with, though. Office work has been talking its toll.

Your commemoration of the destruction of the ring sounded like great fun too. Such creative folk out there! It wasn't until I read this thread that I remembered that my sister-in–law was born on such a very special day. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I was very sorry to hear about your friend. But no doubt she has left a broken world behind to find joy at last. Malachi 4:2
I hope that you aren't left haunted by it though. It would be hard to be left behind.
Hilde Bracegirdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 02:32 PM   #328
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Sting

Hilde, Frodo also complained that he was out of shape, although he'd been walking a fair amount as I recall.... But the Fellowship did this with packs on... wow.

I'm not exactly rock-solid myself (says she, typing at the desk she sits at all day.)

My husband would laugh, and say, "It never happened." Like he did last night. "You're celebrating a fictional destruction of a fictional ring by fictional people in a fictional time and place?"

Yes, dear, I am.

Now, where was that map?

[ March 26, 2003: Message edited by: mark12_30 ]
Old 03-26-2003, 04:12 PM   #329
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Sting

It's the thought that counts...good overcoming evil...now that is something to celebrate! It seems a bit more meanful to me then say St. Patricks Day. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

The story maybe fictional but the characters are an inspiration.
Old 03-26-2003, 04:34 PM   #330
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Sting

I Love the walk Idea! Helen, why don't you start a new thread where we can all check in and talk about it.

I'll bring a pitometer to work and see how far I walk a day. Standing for 6 hours a day was something I haven''t done in a while but I didn't get tired till I got home. I'll have to bring some lembas with me.
Old 03-26-2003, 05:54 PM   #331
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Sting

Thread started in the Barrow Downs forum. Thanks for the nudge, Rae! And I'm very glad to hear the job is treating you well.

Off to study-group... but I've gotta grab dinner on the way out. Bye!
Old 03-26-2003, 07:25 PM   #332
Aratlithiel
Wight

Aratlithiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hope I don't discourage anyone from a new fitness regiment, but I can't help but share the following...

(I've cut & pasted this from an email I sent to a friend last week so excuse any context errors)

OK, so I hadn’t been feeling well for over a week (thought it was the flu, but no…) and was going bug-**** . I was feeling a little better and decided to take a short run. Now, I have a 5-mile trail that I made for myself in the woods behind our house that I use everyday and love because it’s really a tough work-out and very private. My husband (who was out of state at the time) has always hated it because he’s always afraid I’m going to ram myself into a tree or get eaten by a bear or something. So anyway, he really didn’t want me to go on the trail since I was still not 100% well and insisted I go on the 1-mile jogging/biking track at the park a couple miles away. Since I really wasn’t feeling great anyway (and, although I would never dream of admitting it to him I didn't think I could do 5 miles that day anyway) I figured I’d go there to make him happy & do 2 circuits to make myself feel better.

So I’m running along with Queens of the Stoneage blasting in my headphones (which, by the way, is the ONLY way to listen to that particular band – think it might be a law or something) when I get hit by a coughing fit…and I mean coughing FIT. I stopped in the middle of the track and proceeded to double over hacking and expecting a lung to come popping out any minute and would really not have been surprised if I coughed up one of my shoes at that point (now bear in mind that I had quit smoking some time ago). Now I’m getting dizzy and feel a cold sweat starting to break out and I think that if I can just get my sweatshirt off, then the fit will magically go away and I can finish my run and go home (so I wasn’t thinking too clearly, OK?). The only thing is that it didn’t occur to me that I needed to 1st remove the headphones from my head which were attached to the Walkman which was attached to my waistband of my shorts. Picture an idiot in the middle of a path with one arm out of a sweatshirt which is stuck over her head because it got tangled in the headphone wires which obstinately refused to become detached from the Walkman – all the while hacking like a seal with a chest cold.

But wait! It’s not over yet!

While I’m bent over trying to extricate myself from my rebellious clothing before I pass out from coughing into the sweatshirt that has taken on a life of its own and is trying to stuff itself further and further into my mouth, a biker (who wasn’t watching where he was going and was going WAY too fast for the track he was biking on) slammed directly into my side and sent me flying over a trash barrel and into a tree. Now, I’m not talking about some bad-*** dude on a Harley who mowed me down because he was too busy toking on his doobie to see me – no, no…I get run over by an accountant…on a bicycle…a SMALL bicycle…and a SMALL accountant…wearing the most ridiculous helmet I’ve ever seen.

3 cracked ribs, wrist broken in 7 places, broken collar bone, concussion, crushed knee-cap and nose broken so badly that I got to pick a new one. (Wish it were possible to break one’s boobs – I coulda used a new & improved set of those.) PLUS, it turned out that what I thought was the flu was actually pneumonia – try having THAT with cracked ribs!! So I’ve had plenty of Demerol days and Codeine nights. Apparently I’ve read 2 books and have absolutely NO idea what they were about.

And all because my husband insisted I go running at the park – for my SAFETY!! Can you say IRONIC? Give me a hallelujah, brother!
Aratlithiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 08:06 PM   #333
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Aratlithiel - That is an absolutely horrific thing to happen to anyone. I hope you are recovering and will be hitting the trails again soon.

And yet, there is a small, wicked part of me that wants to nominate that story for a Darwin Award [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Birdland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 09:27 PM   #334
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Sting

Oh My Goodness, Aratlithiel !

I'll say a prayer for your speedy recovery!

Oh, and "Pick a new nose" is that like a play on words or your entertainment for the evening?

[ March 26, 2003: Message edited by: Raefindel ]
Old 03-26-2003, 11:45 PM   #335
Aratlithiel
Wight

Sting

LOL, Birdland. I was going more for Ripley's, but if the monkey fits...

Rae - I was wondering if anyone would catch that. I plan to have all kinds of fun with that little pun over the years.
Old 03-27-2003, 11:48 AM   #336
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Sting

Oh Aratlithiel! What a story! I'm very sorry but you had me in hysterics with that account. (I feel so guilty!) I hope that you are all better from the ordeal.
Old 03-27-2003, 12:11 PM   #337
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Sting

How long ago did this happen?
Old 03-27-2003, 06:46 PM   #338
Aratlithiel
Wight

Sting

Hilde, you're a luv & everything is now down to a dull throb until I have to have my knee re-done next month. That should be fun. And don't feel bad - believe me, I see the ridiculousness of the whole thing myself. How could anyone help but laugh?

Rae - This was 03/06. Most of the bruising (or SPECTACULAR bruising as my sister says) is down to a dull yellowish-gray now. My nephew asked me how I got 2 black eyes and I told him it happened when I picked my nose. Bwa ha ha ha! I know, I'm so evil! But like I said, I intend to squeeze some fun out of this one.

My older sister came down from CT the 1st weekend to help out and then my younger sister came from FL this past weekend to relieve her and will be staying until Sunday. While we were all together this past weekend we decided to have an early b-day celebration for me and my younger sister decided to unleash her nefarious scheme to get me wasted so I could forget my troubles for awhile. To make a long story short, we loaded up the FotR ext. DVD and proceeded to play a LotR drinking game that she swears has rules - although we were fairly certain she was making them up as she went along with the express goal of seeing how many shots of tequila I could down before I totally lost consciousness. I swear, if I never see a lime again as long as I live...

Though I was well and truly drunk before the 2nd CD went in, I do remember being forced to sing the "Heigh Ho" song several times before finally being allowed to go to the little girls' room. And don't worry, I had already been off the pain meds. for 2 days (with the exception of X-strength Tylenol which they will have to pry from my cold, dead hands). Kids, don't try this at home.

Anyway, what I remember of it was fun. You have to say J.R.R. Tolkien everytime...
- A hobbit cries
- Frodo falls down (but it doesn't count if he's pushed)
- A black rider screams
- Someone speaks in Elvish
- Aragorn looks disgusted (which was cause for several arguements - kind of ambiguous, wouldn't you say?)
- The Ring whispers
- Gandalf does magic

There was more that I can't remember but you get the idea. The last one to say J.R.R. Tolkien has to do a shot. Needless to say, the more shots you do, the slower you get and I was already at a distinct disadvantage so. And much to my chagrin, saying "Jaaaarrrraa Tooknuh" didn't count. I think they made me do 2 shots for blasphemy.
Old 03-27-2003, 09:15 PM   #339
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Pipe

Hey, great game, Arat. I'm always in the market for new drinking games. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Here'sh to a shpeedy recoverary *hic* [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Seriously, hope your back up and running again soon. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2003, 09:32 AM   #340
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Sting

Aratlithiel, that game sounds like fun even without the tequila.
Old 03-28-2003, 11:45 AM   #341
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Sting

Wow, so this accident was a recent thing! I thank God for your sense of humor and for sharing it with us as well as the story, the warning and also the game of course [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]. Sounds like a fun and creative bunch of siblings,(your poor parents)!
Old 03-30-2003, 09:06 PM   #342
Alatáriël Lossëhelin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatáriël Lossëhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Aralithial: I know that that must have been (and probably still is) quite painful. But you had me on the floor laughing. I hope you'll soon be movin' & groovin' again.

Quote:
(Wish it were possible to break one’s boobs –I coulda used a new & improved set of those.)
I actually got a new & improved set (much smaller than the originals) about 13 years ago. I love still being "perky"!!

Quote:
Anyway, what I remember of it was fun. You have to say J.R.R. Tolkien everytime...
- A hobbit cries
- Frodo falls down (but it doesn't count if he's pushed)
- A black rider screams
- Someone speaks in Elvish
- Aragorn looks disgusted (which was cause for several arguements - kind of ambiguous, wouldn't you say?)
- The Ring whispers
- Gandalf does magic
I believe that during FotR, this would entail saying "JRR Tolkein" about every 5 minutes. I'm the only Tolkein fan among my circle of friends, so I'd have no one to play with. But if I offered tequila jello shots, some of them might be willing to watch the movie. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2003, 12:29 PM   #343
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Sting

Awfully quiet. How is everyone?

Moot, moot.
Old 04-08-2003, 01:08 AM   #344
peony_foxburr
Haunting Spirit

peony_foxburr has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peony_foxburr
Tolkien

hi, all--I was directed over here after I registered earlier today--well, yesterday, but I'm working nights...how fun to be with some other Elders! My first LoTR reading was in 1969, age 15, Ballantine paperbacks of which I still own 2 out of 3 (I lent one to a boyfriend who has passed into myth). I did a little D&D during the 80s but then got too old to stay up so late [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]. Count me as one who has also enjoyed the films--yes, Peter Jackson leaves lots of stuff out, but that's the difference between a novel and a film. And I adore all the actors, young and old. What a shock, though, to read that Elijah Wood was born 3 DAYS before my own son(1/28/81 was his original due date, in fact--THAT cut short a few flights of fantasy, let me tell you, LOL! Skimming some of the past posts, I see a few mentions of EW's past film work. For fun I've been looking around on eBay for videos of some of them, & now have The Bumblebee Flies Anyway, with Radio Flyer en route. I leave in a week for Washington state to help out my parents while my dad has radiation for (localized) prostate cancer--gotta load up on viewing material. (Oops, I'd better delete that "EW Now&Forever" bookmark before the 24 yo daughter sees it on my computer and is totally mortified!!!)
"And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed on into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water."
-The Return of the King
peony_foxburr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 06:50 AM   #345
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Hullo, Peony! Welcome to the Barrowdowns and the thread! *Bows as best he can*
LOL--don't feel bad, I just bid on and won a signed photo of the actor I refer to as "The Little One" among other things (aka Li'l Mr. Wood). I'm not old enough to be his mom (32), but I work at a Preschool/Daycare, and every time I see a pic of the little guy w/o facial hair my mind squeals, "He's just so darn CUTE!" (which is also what happens when I see a particularly cute child/baby at the preschool. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

A Small Gathering Place
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 09:42 AM   #346
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Sting

Quote:
My first LoTR reading was in 1969, age 15, Ballantine paperbacks of which I still own 2 out of 3 (I lent one to a boyfriend who has passed into myth).
Hi Peony! Were they the acid-inspired covers with the emus and eggplants? You can get singles of those online at ebay if you'd like to re-complete the set. Anything later is available as well.

I went nuts collecting paperback sets, as you may read. I finally calmed down. I am still on the lookout for a "signature set" (red box, white paperback books) but I'm running out of space on my shelves.

Sounds like a tough trip ahead. If comedy appeals at all, have you seen Lilo and Stitch? I'm a sentimental sort, and it's my favorite. They advertise it as sassy, but the ending is sweet. I watched it four times the week we bought it. Stitch is a little blue orc. (And Lilo is... me! Except I never liked Elvis, I much prefer Elvish. So where's my Stitch? I want one!)
Old 04-08-2003, 09:52 AM   #347
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

'My husband would laugh, and say, "It never happened." Like he did last night. "You're celebrating a fictional destruction of a fictional ring by fictional people in a fictional time and place?"'

well it may be fiction, but it's TRUE!

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 11:17 AM   #348
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Welcome, Peony. Where in Massachusetts? I lived there until 1991.
Old 04-08-2003, 11:25 AM   #349
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

I'm still in school, so I don't fit here [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] but I'm also wondering- where in MA? I live in Massachusetts.
Old 04-08-2003, 12:44 PM   #350
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Sting

Quote:
It may be fiction but it's true!
lindil, you are good for the soul.
Old 04-08-2003, 05:12 PM   #351
peony_foxburr
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

To reply to several posted questions:I live in a town northwest of Boston, near the border w/NH, named Chelmsford. Unlike many other town names in NE, this one DOESN'T recur all over the English speaking world--there is a Chelmsford, England and a Chelmsford in Ontario, Canada...(this afternoon's bit of trivia, LOL)

I was cruising eBay just this morning in search of the "emus&eggplants"edition, in fact. I'll keep an eye on general trends before getting into a bidding war, tho!

Thanks for your suggestions re:humorous videos--I have seen Lilo&Stitch and agree it's totally adorable. The Monty Python collection will definitely come along. I am lucky in that my dad is a very upbeat person (unlike yours truly, the original hypochondriac depressive)and has borne up well under the past 3 1/2 mos of Lupron injections--for the unitiated, that's a testesterone antagonist which starves the cancerous cells out, but in the process brings on hot flashes that make menopause sound tame! (This makes it difficult to sleep soundly, so he's very tired as a result) Almost done with that stuff--I suspect radiation will be a piece of cake by comparison. He started off basically healthy as a horse for a guy of 79, and the doc has every expectation he will be playing golf on his 90th birthday! I'm going out to offer moral support, to help with the driving to daily "nuking" sessions, and assist in keeping my mother organized--she is definitely more confused and forgetful than she used to be--so wish me a large dose of PATIENCE [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]...I'll be back in late May to go to my son's college commencement in DC, but then mayhap we doddering souls from this area can have our own FotR drinking game (see back a few pages), which sounded like just the thing to appall my children [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]...
"And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed on into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water."
-The Return of the King
Old 04-08-2003, 05:15 PM   #352
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Lol
Chelmsford....hmm....never heard of it. Too bad. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-08-2003, 05:20 PM   #353
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Good luck Peony. I do know Chelmsford, though I never lived in that area.
Old 04-08-2003, 07:59 PM   #354
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Sting

We used to play 'em. Peony, do you remember the Acton Boxborough Colonials? Track & field, 1978/ 1979. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Javelin & shot. Not very middle-earthy, although I could pretend the javelin was Aiglos.
Old 04-08-2003, 09:33 PM   #355
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Sting

Hello Peony, Welcome to the Downs.

Where in Wa are you going? I live in Washington. I live in Port Orchard just west of Seattle.

Just to touch base, I LOVE my new job and have posted some Middle-Earth-Floral humor on the "Spring unfolds the Beachen leaf" thread.
Old 04-08-2003, 10:10 PM   #356
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Oohh...track and field...*shudders at bad memories* You will do well, Peony, I'm sure!

So glad you're likin' the new job, Miss Rae! I'll have to go see that thread! *Flower humor....* [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 06:37 PM   #357
peony_foxburr
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Raefindel: I'm headed to Lacey (near Olympia)--my parents live in "Panorama City" a big life-care community. (They lived from 75-96 in "Sunny Sequim.") Beautiful country, the Olympic Peninsula, with very Tolkienesque mountain ranges...

Mark: I didn't live in this area until 1979--yes, the terrible truth is that I WAS NOT here for the Blizzard of 1978. [Peony hangs head in shame] I recall many defeats dealt out to my kids' soccer teams by those athletes from Acton/Boxborough, however:-).
-The Return of the King
Old 04-09-2003, 06:52 PM   #358
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Sting

Peony, You'll be a stone's throw away. My grandparents looked into moving to Panorama City. I've done a great deal of hiking in the Olympics. It really is beautiful here. If you happen to come by Port Orchard look me up. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Helen did you ever find the missing earring?
Yes, I imagine you'd make a good elf, but you make a GREAT hobbit.

Samwise I don't want to be offensive, but what is your avatar supposed to be?

[ April 09, 2003: Message edited by: Raefindel ]
Old 04-09-2003, 06:56 PM   #359
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Sting

...(squints)...I think it's a horse. Is it Bill the Pony and Sam, you know, the sculpture?

At first it looked like a Merry-Go-Round horse, you know, a carousel horse... It is "rather small."

--Helen (who is happy to be more hobbitty than elvish) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-09-2003, 07:04 PM   #360
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Sting

Maybe I need glasses, I just can't see it!
Bill, where are you?