The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-16-2003, 05:05 PM   #1281
kittiewhirl1677
Shade of Carn Dûm

kittiewhirl1677 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to kittiewhirl1677
Sting

When you ask your frind why she keeps closing the door and she says, "I guess it's just a hobbit... - er, habit..."

[ October 16, 2003: Message edited by: kittiewhirl1677 ]
Old 10-16-2003, 05:27 PM   #1282
Elwen_starmaiden
Animated Skeleton

Elwen_starmaiden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elwen_starmaiden
Silmaril

Quote:
"I guess it's just a hobbit... - er, habit..."
I did that too!

When you see a person in your class reading ROTK and feel like you made an accomplishment, even though he doesn't even know you.

When that same guy has a conversation about it with this ignorant fool across the room who pronounced Gollum go-lem and was about to correct (and insult) him but your teacher came back.

Sometimes at school I feel like I'm surrounded by idiots [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2003, 05:35 PM   #1283
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

...when your friend asks you why you're closing the door and you say "it's just a hobbit- er, habit." [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] (Hey, it works both ways...)

-Menelien
Old 10-16-2003, 06:21 PM   #1284
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

You literally drool over the ad for the Lord of the Rings: War of the Rings game. (I am SO glad that my friends didn't see me) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img].
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 07:27 PM   #1285
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
We'll probably have to start part 4 soon!!
Yay! Part four! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Quote:
This morning the Moon was still in the sky, so I yelled skywards, "Tiiiiliiiiooon!!!" Wonder if he heard me.
I shout "Isil!" when I see the moon, especially when it's full, which remind me of the times that my friends and I observe the stars from their rooftops. Ah, memories...

Which reminded me...

You know you're obsessed with LotR when you call stars by their elven names. "Oh, look, there's Menelmacar! And there's red Borgil!"

Quote:
Sometimes at school I feel like I'm surrounded by idiots
I don't know what's worse: that, or being surrounded by people ignorant of the wonderful works of JRR Tolkien. Maybe we need our own country... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Yours, if you want to [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
->The True Son of Finrod, and of Amarië the Vanyar
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 02:28 AM   #1286
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

When your father catches you playing with his 200 year old antique Arabian sword and your conversation goes osmething like this..

Me: This sword is too big for me...
Dad: To do what?
Me: Kill orcs...
Dad: I see...

Or when you argue with your teacher in English to critique LOTR as it IS a documentary, becuase in your mind the events did actually happen!

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 02:48 AM   #1287
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Eye

When you decide you must be turning into a hobbit, because you've been really hungry lately, then realize you must be the only hobbit to ever live who didn't like mushrooms. Then you realize you're talking like this stuff really did happen! (That's because it did, right?)

When you start believing that it all really did happen.
Old 10-17-2003, 11:00 AM   #1288
Naz
Shade of Carn Dûm

Naz has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Maybe we need our own country...
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Ooh! Yeah we do^ ^
Naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 12:00 PM   #1289
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

Quote:
Then you realize you're talking like this stuff really did happen! (That's because it did, right?)
Of course it did! Who could possibly think otherwise?

In Irish dance class yesterday I slipped, then said that I was as graceful as a dwarf in a tree. ('Twas my fault for wearing socks on a wooden floor)
  • When you wonder how elves dance
  • When you want to learn to dance like an elf
Old 10-17-2003, 12:52 PM   #1290
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
You know you're obsessed with LotR when you call stars by their elven names. "Oh, look, there's Menelmacar! And there's red Borgil!"
Too true... so often I have gazed at Valacirca.

When you bow to everybody you meet and say "My your beard grow ever longer." Somebody asks you the correct dwarvish response so you quickly flick through the Hobbit! (I haven't found the response yet... anyone?)
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 04:15 PM   #1291
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Silmaril

--When you have supersonic hearing for LotR. I met a rather cool guy that way...

--When said guy lends you an Elvish/English (sadly, I don't have one of my own due to being a poverty-stricken high-school student) and your reaction is to dance around the room squealing.

--When you make said guy sign up on the Downs (HI, ONIGENE!)

--When you translate both your name and the name of the guy you have a crush on into Elvish (and no, that is not the same guy as the guy who lent me the dictionary).

--When you translate the name of your best friend into Elvish, even though she doesn't like it...

--When you occupy yourself by writing LotR fanfiction.
Tinuviel of Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 06:35 PM   #1292
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

-- When your boyfriend cant understand you becuase you speak to him in Elvish half the time... (Sad but True, he just doesnt understand [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )

When you can hold your breath throughout the ROTK trailer, without becoming dead, becuase its just so exciting you can't breathe!

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 10-17-2003, 09:00 PM   #1293
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
In Irish dance class yesterday
What kind do you do, Ceili or step? I've been doing Ceili (pronounced KAY-lee) for 9 years now, and I think it's very hobbitish. If you're taking step, I would suggest trying Ceili as well (it's immense fun!) [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Quote:
--When you have supersonic hearing for LotR.
Me too! That's how I met Elfwine. Plus, today in fencing, I got distracter by someone saying the word Gandalf when I was supposed to be practicing advancing and retreating.

~When you recite Aragorn's speech from the trailer for your friends at lunch. Later, when you are bored in Algebra, you write the speech on the back of your hand (it was really hard to fit the whole thing!)

~When a line in the song Light my Fire by The Doors reminds you of Meela- "and our love become a funeral pyre" [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] There is a hilarious parodie of this song (and lots of others too!)
here (scroll a little more than halfway down the page and click on "Come on, Denny, Light That Pyre"

[ October 17, 2003: Message edited by: Orominuialwen ]
Old 10-17-2003, 10:36 PM   #1294
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

When your local used book store is having a sale, you get really excited, hoping to expand your very small collection of Tolkien. Then, when they don't have any, you almost cry.

I know I thought of another one earlier, but I forgot it. I'll post it later if I remember.
Arwen
Old 10-17-2003, 10:42 PM   #1295
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Quote:
Right on. I'll design a flag. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Quote:
--When you occupy yourself by writing LotR fanfiction.
~When said fanfiction, which started out as a short story, has now turned into a novella of 84 pages (and counting, I have five chapters left...)

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 10-18-2003, 02:32 AM   #1296
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

When you're so used to signing your posts on LotR forums with your LotR-related name, you forget to sign your real name on e-mail
I keep trying to sign my name as Arwen on e-mails, and catch myself just in time. Some people who aren't LotR fans would think either I've gone crazy(or crazier) and forgotten my own name, or that somebody other than me was writing an e-mail from my address.
Old 10-18-2003, 04:16 AM   #1297
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

-When you say that someone "is very Balrogish-looking."

-- And when one of your friends has a virtual baby for home-ec, and they name it Frodo, yet you ask her who the 'father' was and she says "Gandalf"... Man it was so very very wrong...

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 10-18-2003, 09:19 PM   #1298
Rilwen Gamgee

Rilwen Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

~ When you're at the grociery store with your mom and spot some Sunkist soda cans with Samwise on them and IMMEDIATELY buy them (while shrieking with glee, of course!). I plan to buy 7Up cans with Frodo on them next time I go! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

~ When you sleep with any one of your Tolkien books under your pillow.

~ When you bring AT LEAST one Tolkien book with you on family car trips.

Quote:
then realize you must be the only hobbit to ever live who didn't like mushrooms
I've begun to worry I'm really not a Hobbit, because I don't like mushrooms. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ October 25, 2003: Message edited by: Rilwen Gamgee ]
Rilwen Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 09:45 AM   #1299
elf-girl-63
Haunting Spirit

elf-girl-63 has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

~You decide that all the residents on Ferny Lee Street are evil.

~You keep saying 'For Tolkien's sake!'

~Your friends find your obsession so usual, they just don't even raise an eyebrow any more.

All that is gold does not glitter...
elf-girl-63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 01:15 PM   #1300
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Quote:
~ When you bring AT LEAST one Tolien book with you on family car trips.
I have to bring all of the LotR books [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

When you're convinced that your computer hates you, because for over 24 hours it will connect to any site you want, except for the 'Downs, and feel very saddened because you can't get on and talk about LotR with all your LotR-obsessed friends, or talk about your obsession. Then, you feel like dancing for joy when you can get on again, and find out that you weren't missing anything, because the problem was with the site, not you.
Arwen
Old 10-19-2003, 01:36 PM   #1301
Elwen_starmaiden
Animated Skeleton

Silmaril

Quote:
When you're convinced that your computer hates you, because for over 24 hours it will connect to any site you want, except for the 'Downs, and feel very saddened because you can't get on and talk about LotR with all your LotR-obsessed friends, or talk about your obsession. Then, you feel like dancing for joy when you can get on again, and find out that you weren't missing anything, because the problem was with the site, not you.
I almost had a heart attack when it happened
[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2003, 02:16 PM   #1302
Failivrin
Wight

Failivrin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

when you are on another message board [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] (it's non- LOTR, never fear. actually it's a smashing pumpkins one, anyone else likethem?) and you start a thread about learning elvish, hoping that one of the other 4 or so tolkien fans is learning it too. you almost cry when someone who you normally like spells tolkien's name wrong and doesn't apologise. so to counter him you write a VERY angry reply about how you do NOT like it when people insult JRRT, ESPECIALLY when they don't know anything about him and tolkien was your first and will forever be your greatest obsession, no matter HOW much billy corgan i listen to. you also add that if he was in the same room as you, you would physically attack him for his rudeness. maybe even slice his head off. actually no, just tie him up with some elvish rope [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

you are not worried that all of this thread would check you into a mental home free of charge.
Old 10-19-2003, 02:26 PM   #1303
ArcticWyrm

1420!

I wrote the Legend of the Great Rings onto all my school supplies...Notebooks, Book Covers, Desks... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] null
Old 10-19-2003, 03:52 PM   #1304
Elwen_starmaiden
Animated Skeleton

Silmaril

~When you go psycho because your father bought you all new copies of the Hobbit and the Trilogy because your last set was ugly, and surprises you with a copy of the Silmarillion too. I'm still happy about it even though it was a day ago. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

~When you do an excited shriek everytime you see the ROTK trailer, no matter how many times you've seen it.

~When other people around you have already moved on to another subject and you suddenly make a LOTR comment out of nowhere because it just popped into your mind. I do that a lot. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2003, 04:08 PM   #1305
elfearz1
Shade of Carn Dûm

elfearz1 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elfearz1
Eye

...when you are playing Oregon Trail and you type in lotr characters names for all the people.
elfearz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 04:53 PM   #1306
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Quote:
When you're convinced that your computer hates you, because for over 24 hours it will connect to any site you want, except for the 'Downs, and feel very saddened because you can't get on and talk about LotR with all your LotR-obsessed friends, or talk about your obsession.
I nearly died... [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Quote:
Heh heh... I do that. And sometimes I bring more than one, just in case. On our last vacation I brought the Silm. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I was reading the Tale of Luthien and Beren during the whole car ride there...and in the hotel...and on the way to breakfast...

-When you and your friends name gourds after LotR characters (That was a bit odd...Yet fun!)

-When you write more e-mails daily to online friends than to school-friends [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

-When your mom buys you a ring from her vacation and you automatically love it because it's very "Elvish."
Old 10-19-2003, 06:17 PM   #1307
Duncariel
Wight

Duncariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
An Elvish commune, out in the middle of the forest where they filmed Lothlorien, with a super high wall so that no one can come and take us away.

We had this discussion once......
Old 10-19-2003, 06:55 PM   #1308
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Silmaril

Indeed we did. I think we decided that Meela would be in charge, but she said she would only accept about 30 people. We'll have to start more than one. Hey, we can have one for Lothlorien, one for Eryn Lasgallen, one for Imladris, one for Numenor, one for the Shire...

--When you spend most of your afternoon looking at Tolkien books at Hastings, even though you already have them.

--When you about died (again) when your computer couldn't access the Downs. I was so glad to find that it was forum problems, not me problems.

--When you compare characters in Star Wars with LotR.

--When your best friend doesn't even blink when you start talking in Elvish.
Tinuviel of Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 08:34 PM   #1309
elfearz1
Shade of Carn Dûm

elfearz1 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elfearz1
Eye

Quote:
When you write more e-mails daily to online friends than to school-friends
guilty

Quote:
When you about died (again) when your computer couldn't access the Downs. I was so glad to find that it was forum problems, not me problems.
oh good! I was so worried. I nearly had a heart attack!

[ October 19, 2003: Message edited by: elfearz1 ]
elfearz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 05:56 AM   #1310
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yep, I was planning to set up an Elven commune. If you're willing to help pay for the land where we can build it, you can join. And I'll accept as many people as want to join.
Old 10-20-2003, 09:00 AM   #1311
Naz
Shade of Carn Dûm

Naz has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

We were playing the LotR TCG yesterday, & when my dad played his foil Boromir he called him Boromir the Disco King, & I did the Wave. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 02:19 PM   #1312
Failivrin
Wight

Failivrin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

the most exciting thing that has happened to you all day is finding out that you can vote more than once for LOTR for the big read, YAY! god man i'm so excited. from now to april i shall log on every time i connect and vote at least 10 times
Old 10-20-2003, 02:53 PM   #1313
Maethorien
Animated Skeleton

Maethorien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

You confuse the people who sit next to you by pointing to illustration of the doors of Moria in your copy of FOTR and saying "I can read that," and when they don't believe you, saying, "Ennyn Durin aran Moria: Pedo mellon a minno."
Old 10-20-2003, 05:08 PM   #1314
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

Quote:
What kind do you do, Ceili or step?
I don't know, what's the difference? [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img] <--I think that's embarrassed, isn't it?

Quote:
"Come on, Denny, Light That Pyre"
That's so funny!

~When you come up with ideas for song parodies during math class. (You inspired me, Orominuialwen!) Here's one:

Land of Gondor-Land Down Under

Quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right on. I'll design a flag.
Can I help? I'll draw Celtic knots!

Quote:
When you're convinced that your computer hates you, because for over 24 hours it will connect to any site you want, except for the 'Downs, and feel very saddened because you can't get on and talk about LotR with all your LotR-obsessed friends, or talk about your obsession.
I at first thought my internet was having a problem, but I could go to other sites, so I sniffled (a lot) and kept trying about every hour to see if it would work, until my mom took me to the library. Then I checked again when I got home.

Quote:
smashing pumpkins, anyone else like them?
Yeah!
Old 10-20-2003, 05:11 PM   #1315
mclainy_mouse

Tolkien

- When you are over at a friends house and are talking to her little brother, who is four and he asks you something completely none related to LotR (I don't remember what he really asked unfortunately) and you mistake it for "Do cats exist in the shire?" and then go off into an entire speech about LotR and the shire, something the poor little four year old knows nothing about, and tell him that cats very well should exist in the shire and by that time he has run off to his mother or someone..

- Or when your friends little sister is sitting on the couch watching TTT and suddenly you go off into a very long and boring speech tosomeone who hasn't read the books about how the movie was done very badly then point out each and every mistake and the tell her how it should have been done and then tell her your secret plan to hunt down PJ. I feel sorry for these people of whom I share my LotR knowledge..
Old 10-20-2003, 05:32 PM   #1316
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

When you have perfected the accents of all the characters from the movie. And you talk like that to yourself so much, you accidently slip into using one of the accents even when you aren't trying!! Once I told my sister something about
tom-ah-toes, and I never say it that way, unless I'm reciting lines from the movies. I find myself saying things with an accent without trying at times. (I'm an american, and from the South, so I normally sound nothing like any of the characters!)
Arwen
Old 10-20-2003, 06:09 PM   #1317
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
I don't know, what's the difference?
That's okay Elennar- I've been doing Irish dancing longer than I haven't, so that's how I know. Ceili is sort of like square dancing, in that you have a partner and there is not so much footwork involved. Step dancing is like Riverdance, where you have to keep your upper body straight and do a lot with your feet, but don't interact with he other dancers so much. In my opinion, Ceili is a bit morew Hobbitish (but that's just what I think)
Quote:
I know! I was so worried, and then I thought it was just my computer messing up because I have the 'Downs set as my homepage, because I keep getting this virus that makes my computer freeze up whenever I go online. So I did a search to see if a link from another site would take me to the 'Downs, but to no avail. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I'm so glad it's working again!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Quote:
I bring my one-volume edition of LotR and my copy of the Silm on all my trips- I even took them to camp.

~When you make up LotR related acronyms for the letters on your parents' license plates- my mom's is Dunedain Love Valinor and my dad's id Numenor Under Luinil(sp?)

I have utterly forgotten all my other things to post, so bye for now!
Old 10-20-2003, 06:29 PM   #1318
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Meela, how much money you need? In exactly two years, I'm willing to spend all I've got in helping to build an Elven commune. (By then, I will have graduated from high school.)
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 07:08 PM   #1319
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

When while you're playing a game of chess, you keep thinking, 'The board is set; the pieces are moving.' Then you notice that the knights look a lot like the emblem thing for the Rohirrim, and proceed to name the knights Arod, Hasufel, Snowmane, and Shadowfax [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I did that a little while ago.
Yay! We made it to page 15!!!
Arwen
Old 10-20-2003, 09:21 PM   #1320
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Whew. *wipes perspiration off forehead* Well, I'm back...

Quote:
Then you realize you're talking like this stuff really did happen! (That's because it did, right?)

When you start believing that it all really did happen.
Of course, it did. Would we be wasting our time(and committing social suicide) for fiction?

Quote:
When you bow to everybody you meet and say "My your beard grow ever longer." Somebody asks you the correct dwarvish response so you quickly flick through the Hobbit! (I haven't found the response yet... anyone?)
Oh, yeah, but I prefer the eagle-talk...or maybe Aurë entuluva!. I don't know how to respond to that yet.

Quote:
~ When you bring AT LEAST one Tolien book with you on family car trips.
I bring every single Tolkien book I have to school(a small collection so far) so I can trick people:

Random human: Hey, what's your course?
Nil: Tolkienology.
RH: No way!
*Nil shows him the bag containing 6(Silm and The Hobbit are sent away to friends, in hope that they will see the light...) Tolkien books)
RH: Whoa! They have a course like that here?

Hehe...another one is born... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Quote:
When you're convinced that your computer hates you, because for over 24 hours it will connect to any site you want, except for the 'Downs...the problem was with the site, not you.
When that happened, I tried suicide. I looked at Telpelin and said, "Hail Telpelin, song of silver. You've killed many cockroaches, rats, and assorted critters. How about sending me to Mandos?"

Quote:
~When other people around you have already moved on to another subject and you suddenly make a LOTR comment out of nowhere because it just popped into your mind. I do that a lot
Our minds are so attuned to LotR, we can never separate it from ourselves. That explains the LotR side comments...the extra sharp hearing...the suicidal feeling when you are unable to connect to the 'Downs...and to all the obsessions we do here.

Quote:
We had this discussion once......
Yeah, I read that part...but its time to put discussions into reality.

Quote:
If you're willing to help pay for the land where we can build it, you can join.
OK, I've got a bank account in the Cayman Islands standing by. How much do you need?
*wrestles with the freak who typed the above-mentioned words*
I'm sorry about that. The rich kid part of me just took over. The one with the house whose doorknob is the size of Russia...oh, well... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Quote:
When while you're playing a game of chess, you keep thinking, 'The board is set; the pieces are moving.' Then you notice that the knights look a lot like the emblem thing for the Rohirrim...
...and the rooks look like Minas Tirith, Minas Morgul, Barad-dur, and another white tower...probably Calmindon.

My additions:

You know you're obsessed with LotR when...

~more than 3 days away from another LotR-obsessed people(except my sister...she's tooo busy to be obsessed) drove you to the brink of...monogamy? matriculation? mad...mad...madness! There's the word!

~you read a part of LotR which happens today(two days ago, I re(to the nth power)read "The Council of Elrond" and the first few paragraphs of "The Ring Goes South."

Yours, if you want to [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
->The True Son of Finrod, and of Amarië the Vanyar
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote