The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2022, 12:26 PM   #1
R.R.J Tolkien
Wight

R.R.J Tolkien has just left Hobbiton.
LOTR on 4 K

I will be watching LOTR extended on 4 K this new years for the first time. My oldest son is coming home and staying the weekend and me, the wife, and our four kids will be eating pizza, chips, soda, candy, and other delicious type food while watching FOTR on our new 4 k tv tonight. Tomorrow, it will be more of the same. i think hotdogs baked beans chips etc while watching the two towers. My kids are not nearly as excited as i am but i have already told them they have no choice in the matter, same goes for my wife.

If i really push my luck on Sunday we will watch ROTK.

Update

So we just finished the first disk of TT and I have to say I can never watch LOTR on anything but 4 k from here on out. It just won't be the same. I love it and recommend it to anyone.
Old 03-22-2022, 02:11 PM   #2
samlan
Newly Deceased

samlan has just left Hobbiton.
Isn't 4K the same as any other perceived "better quality image" in that you get used to it and the wow facor diminishes?
samlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 02:54 AM   #3
celinedion
Newly Deceased

celinedion has just left Hobbiton.
Enjoy your movie marathon, and I hope you have a wonderful time watching The Two Towers and, hopefully, The Return of the King on Sunday. May it be a memorable and enjoyable experience for the whole family!